Role: 2D/3D Game Developer(Unity)
Years of Experience: 3+ years
About the role:
We are a team of talented independent game developers building the future of indie games. We are a fully remote team working on a wide range of genres and platforms. https://www.hopscotchgames.org/
We are looking for an experienced game developer and designer for a new suite of 2D/3D mobile video games. You should be able to lead both the technical and design effort for the creation of a game concept. You should be very skilled with Unity3D and C#. You should also
have the ability to generate and refine fun game mechanics that fit the company’s
You’ll be joining a fast-paced and dynamic game studio where you will have the opportunity
to expand your knowledge
to develop games across a wide variety of genres. You’ll be working closely with game development veterans who have shipped award-winning games.
- Code and develop new & existing games and features such as gameplay, APIs, prototypes, implementation of SDKs, etc.
- Inspire technical solutions while spearheading multiple 2D/3D games.
- Review code and design decisions with teammates and propose changes and improvements to promote scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for our 2D/3D gaming platforms.
- Provide feedback to help shape the final product of our games in terms of gameplay and user experience.
- Monitor the technical performance of 2D/3D games including server code performance, server-client communication issues, bugs, and crashes.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Art, Marketing, Production, and Engineering staff to efficiently deliver the best games while meeting the goals and requirements of each of those teams.
- Ability to generate and refine fun-filled
- 2D/3D game mechanics and themes.
- Commitment to quality on-time execution.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Write clear and concise game design documents.
- Drive prototyping, mechanics, pacing, tuning, tutorial, usability, level ramp, story, meta-structure, aesthetics, and creative vision of projects assigned to you.
- Use a metrics-driven approach to game design, learning from users, as you drive retention, virality and monetization into the game’s design.
- A degree or certification in computer science or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience working as 2D/3D Game Developer and/or Designer
- Enjoys working on all types of game designs
- Create and articulate innovative design concepts and game flow
- Strong understanding of player experience and design fundamentals