Shuttl is a bus aggregating platform offering shuttle bus service to its commuters in cities like Noida and Gurgaon. The effort is to address the daily commute problem faced by office goers. It's a mobile based minibus service aimed at making your daily commute more convenient. The vehicles are air-conditioned and operate with high frequency on fixed routes freeing you from the hassles of existing public transport options at a very economical price point.
Candidate MUST HAVE product-based company experience and a minimum of 3years of experience in DevOps.
What you will do (or learn) :
1. Build our application stack on AWS. Infrastructure as code (read Terraform)
2. Build state-of-the-art CI/CD pipelines.
3. Manage data warehouses and data pipelines.
4. Work on infrastructure and data security.
5. State-of-the-art log management system and tooling around them.
6. Monitoring and alerting system.
What do we expect from you?
1. 3 to 10 years of experience with DevOps or SRE principles.
2. Good fundamentals of database management and other distributed systems management.
3. Experience in infrastructure as code or other configuration management systems.
4. Experience in scripting languages (like bash, python, go lang etc.)
5. Good understanding of Linux systems
6. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
7. Experience in tooling around monitoring, CI/CD, log management systems.
● Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support
for service engineers.
● Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view
of system health
● Building and implementing services to make IT and support better at their jobs.
● Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
● Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our
capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually
● Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in
performance tuning and fault finding
● Experience from an agile working development environment
● Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
● Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● 3+ years of experience working within DevOps or SRE teams.
● 3+ years experience with AWS Cloud
● Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages, such
● Must have experience with Ansible, Helm, Terraform and Kubernetes.
● Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into
● Hands-on experience with Distributed Version Control System such as GIT, AWS
CodeCommit or equivalent
● Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
● Experience or familiarity with ELK stack
● Ability to use Azure DevOps
● Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, Ceph, S3 as well as
dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes)
● A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance
Founded by a passionate team of serial entrepreneurs and alumni of IIT Delhi, U.C Berkeley, and well-known tech companies such as Uber and Zomato.
Sourcewiz is on a mission to increase India’s export GDP. This is a unique opportunity to
join a funded early-stage startup and have a massive impact on our product, culture, and
direction. It's a lot of work and a roller coaster ride. But, if you are up for it, you can join us
in replacing the tiresome and slow sales process for importers and exporters and have a
significant impact on our customers. We are not a company that believes engineers should be hidden away from decisions, churning out code for features decided from upon high. Instead, our Engineers form strong bonds with cross-functional peers in Product Management, Product Design and others to become experts in their product domain.
We’re looking for people with a strong interest in building successful products or systems;
are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; have exquisite attention to detail, and
comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Sourcewiz, you will...
• Own and improve the scalability and reliability of our products
• Working directly with product engineering team
• Work with RDBMS, Search, Caching and queuing
• Contribute expertise towards architectural planning and ensure the company builds
sustainable services that meet our customer expectations while leveraging appropriate
tools and frameworks.
• Ongoing participation in the review and testing
(deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance,
Helm charts) and Deployment and administration
of one or more of: ELK stack, Kafka, Prometheus
or Grafana with Working knowledge of at least
one cloud platform (GCP, AWS or Azure) & some
configuration management system (such as Salt
or Ansible).Good understanding of networking
concepts (architecture, components, protocols)
& Solid understanding of OS concepts and
internals of Linux is a must.
SRE - Tech Lead (DevOps):
Location: Permanent Work From Home Option
Notice: Candidates with a notice period of 30 days and less and preferred
SRE-DevOps- Tech Lead - JD:
Srijan is hiring for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), We are looking for SRE/DevOps- Tech Lead or Sr. Tech Lead with strong automation skills and a good understanding of how to build & run secure & reliable platforms for cloud-native applications. Please find below the detailed job description and kindly go through the same for reference:-
Minimum Experience: 6+ years in DevOps/SRE
Permanent WFH option
The focus of this role is to build scalable, resilient, secure infrastructure for cloud-native applications whilst automating every mundane task you could think of and build observability dashboards, set up alerts, etc to provide optics to relevant stakeholders. In a nutshell: “You are keepers of Production environments”. You must be a problem solver with the ability to multitask and come with strong collaboration and communication skills.
Proactively monitor and review application performance
Handle on-call and emergency support
Ensure software has good logging and diagnostics
Create and maintain operational runbooks
Contribute in Solution Designing and evaluating Technical Debt
Set right practices for Well-Defined Architecture & to minimize toil.
Own SLI, SLO configuration as per Error Budget
Maintain production services through measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
Not be afraid to contribute changes back to the Software engineering team to improve the systems.
Managing the delivery pipeline into production.
Able to mentor junior members on regular basis
Troubleshooting issues with web applications
Understanding of security principles and best practices
Ensuring that critical data is backed up
Configuration of monitoring systems including infrastructure monitoring and Application Performance Monitoring systems such as New Relic.
Ensuring that web application infrastructure is built
Ability to act as Customer Technical Advocate and negotiate well with peers on technical fronts.
Flexible enough to work in different Shifts for hyper business requirement
Ability to handle multiple global clients on tech front and generate desired reports to represent health of SRE Delivery.
A key skill of a SRE Tech Lead is that they have a deep knowledge of the application, the code, and how it runs, is configured, and scales. That knowledge is what makes them so valuable at also monitoring and supporting it as site reliability engineers.
System administration, security, and networking
The SRE Tech Lead expected to have a good understanding of system administration (Linux or Windows) and networking.
User and Group Management
Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, and Firewalls)
Good grasp of fundamental security concepts
Good understanding of infrastructure as code principles.
Knowledge of a scripting language such as Bash
Ability to configure infrastructure using a Configuration Management technology such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
Familiarity with Jenkins or any other CI/CD tool
Proficiency in a high-level programming language such as Python or Go.
Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
2 yrs+ hands on experience with container orchestration technologies such as ECS, EKS, AKS or Kubernetes would be beneficial.
Use Terraform and other IaC to deploy cloud infrastructure.
Experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS/Azure
Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS/Azure services
Hands-on experience of 4 yrs+ with AWS/Azure deployment and management services
Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS/AZURE-based application
Ability to identify which AWS/AZURE services meet a given technical requirement
Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS/AZURE platform
An understanding of the AWS/AZURE global infrastructure
An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS/AZURE
An understanding of security features and tools that AWS/AZURE provides and how they relate to traditional services
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 7+ years experience with troubleshooting Unix/Linux
- Understanding of Networking concepts - TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE, VPN
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, Go
- Experience in managing a large-scale web operations role
- Bonus points for experience with Ansible, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL datastores, CI/CD
- Hands-on working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of distributed systems is a big plus.
- Great written and verbal communication
- Ability to work for a geo-distributed cross-functional group
- Demonstrated ability to own and deliver projects independently
- Demonstrated ability of technical mentoring and coaching
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, developers, Product Managers, etc
Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Pune (Currently WFH, post pandemic you need to relocate)
About the Organization:
A funded product development company, headquarter in Singapore and offices in Australia, United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and India. You will gain work experience in a global environment.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps / Site Reliability engineer to join our team and be instrumental in taking our products to the next level.
In this role, you will be working on bleeding edge hybrid cloud / on-premise infrastructure handing billions of events and terabytes of data a day.
You will be responsible for working closely with various engineering teams to design, build and maintain a globally distributed infrastructure footprint.
As part of role, you will be responsible for researching new technologies, managing a large fleet of active services and their underlying servers, automating the deployment, monitoring and scaling of components and optimizing the infrastructure for cost and performance.
- Ensure the operational integrity of the global infrastructure
- Design repeatable continuous integration and delivery systems
- Test and measure new methods, applications and frameworks
- Analyze and leverage various AWS-native functionality
- Support and build out an on-premise data center footprint
- Provide support and diagnose issues to other teams related to our infrastructure
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation (If Required)
- Expert-level administrator of Linux-based systems
- Experience managing distributed data platforms (Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, etc) Aerospike experience is a plus.
- Experience with production deployments of Kubernetes Cluster
- Experience in automating provisioning and managing Hybrid-Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP and On-Prem) at scale.
- Knowledge of monitoring platform (Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite).
- Experience in Distributed storage systems such as Ceph or GlusterFS.
- Experience in virtualisation with KVM, Ovirt and OpenStack.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems such as Terraform and Ansible
- Bash and Python Scripting Expertise
- Network troubleshooting experience (TCP, DNS, IPv6 and tcpdump)
- Experience with continuous delivery systems (Jenkins, Gitlab, BitBucket, Docker)
- Experience managing hundreds to thousands of servers globally
- Enjoy automating tasks, rather than repeating them
- Capable of estimating costs of various approaches, and finding simple and inexpensive solutions to complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable collaborating and supporting a diverse team of engineers
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Flexible working hours and ability to participate in 24/7 on call support with other team members whenever required.
● Research, propose and evaluate with a 5-year vision, the architecture, design, technologies,
processes and profiles related to Telco Cloud.
● Participate in the creation of a realistic technical-strategic roadmap of the network to transform
it to Telco Cloud and be prepared for 5G.
● Using your deep technical expertise, you will provide detailed feedback to Product Management
and Engineering, as well as contribute directly to the platform code base to enhance both the
Customer experience of the service, as well as the SRE quality of life.
● The individual must be aware of trends in network infrastructure as well as within the network
engineering and OSS community. What technologies are being developed or launched?
● The individual should stay current with infrastructure trends in the telco network cloud domain.
● Be responsible for the Engineering of Lab and Production Telco Cloud environments, including
patches, upgrades, and reliability and performance improvements.
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education and Technical Skills/Knowledge)
● Software Engineering degree, MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● Years of experiences as an SRE, DevOps, Development and/or Support related role
● 0-5 years of professional experience for a junior position
● At least 8 years of professional experience for a senior position
● Unix server administration and tuning : Linux / RedHat / CentOS / Ubuntu
● You have deep knowledge in Networking Layers 1-4
● Cloud / Virtualization (at least two): Helm, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud,
OpenStack, OpenShift, VMware vSphere / Tanzu
● You have in-depth knowledge of cloud storage solutions on top of AWS, GCP, Azure and/or
on-prem private cloud, such as Ceph, CephFS, GlusterFS
● DevOps: Jenkins, Git, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform
● Backend Knowledge Bash, Python, Go (other knowledge of Scripting Language is a plus).
● PaaS Level solutions such as Keycloak for IAM, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, DBaaS (such as MySQL,
About the Organisation:
The team at Coredge.io is a combination of experienced and young professionals alike having
many years of experience in working with Edge computing, Telecom application development
and Kubernetes. The company has continuously collaborated with the open source community,
universities and major industry players in furthering its goal of providing the industry with an
indispensable tool to offer improved services to its customers. Coredge.io has a global market
presence with its offices in US and New Delhi, India.
About the Role
Dremio’s SREs ensure that our internal and externally visible services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. You will be joining a newly formed team that will spearhead our efforts to launch a cloud service. This is an opportunity to join a very fast growth startup and help build a cloud service from the ground up.
Responsibilities and Ownership
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices across our organization.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, monitoring/alerting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Analyze and optimize our core product by developing and implementing reliability and performance practices.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: SRE, DevOps, Cloud Operations, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Excellent command of cloud services on AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Have moderate-advanced experience in Java, C, C++, Python, Go or other object-oriented programming languages.
- You are Interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- You have a solid background in software development and architecting resilient and reliable applications.
- 5+ years of software development or site reliability engineering or equivalent experience
- Skilled at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Configuration automation using Ansible or equivalent tools
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello
- Prior experience in dealing with Datastore technologies like Postgres, MySQL, SQL, DynamoDB is desirable
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills