We are looking for Product Engineering Managers to build top-tier software systems that will help design and implement MangoApps products. In this role, you will mentor other product engineers, establish best engineering practices and can act as a lead on cross-team projects. You will drive positive change in the work environment with a consistent track record of delivering on commitments. You will communicate proactively to different audiences including Product Management and Customer Success stakeholders. You will report to our Director of Product Engineering.
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 product engineers to deliver great products to our customers
- Lead & coach your team to deliver high quality software, promote engineering excellence, AWS cost optimization and operational monitoring best practices
- Ensure all changes are fully tested before being deployed
- Ensure deployment plans are well considered and include appropriate scalability and load tests
- Delegate and harnesses the aggregate strength of your team
- Focus on individual and team needs to foster positive culture consistent with MangoApps values
- Collaborate with product management and customer support teams
- Hands on product engineering experience and 3+ years managing product engineering teams.
- Deep software development skills in at least one software development language such as Ruby on Rails or Java
- Experience with modern technology stacks for building scalable, highly available customer-facing applications.
- Like to dive in, always learn new things, and build awesome products
- BE/B Tech in Computer Science equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
MUST-HAVE CULTURAL ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and proactively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages excellent performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, and you’re excited by the chance to play a significant role.
- Passionate: You must be excited about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Go-getter: Thrive in a startup environment and have a “whatever it takes” approach to accomplishing goals.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Software released to production should be 100% bug-free
- End-user load time should be < 3 seconds for all flows
- Should scale to able handle 50K users in all flows
- Kudos from customers that module / service just works flawlessly
WHY JOIN US?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and believe that digital workplace transformation is a massive opportunity
WHAT IS WORKING AT MANGOAPPS LIKE?
- Individual initiatives, accountability, and driving outcomes are the key to success
- Work, performance, and results are real sources of happiness
- Teamwork is celebrated
- Your career at MangoApps is limited by you and nothing else
We have one goal and one goal only - To build tools that employees at workplaces across the globe use to be successful at work everyday. We have spent the last 10+ years building and redefining enterprise workplace software solutions. We are proud of the products we have built, the customers who have placed their trust in us and the industry recognition we have won for our products and people practices.
Exciting challenges lie ahead as we set stretch goals for ourselves, stand outside the box and continue to innovate the employee work experience for businesses across the globe. We are just getting started.
Come join us as we continue to scale!
There are jobs, and then there are once in a lifetime opportunities. If you thrive in a fast paced environment and want to be part of something BIG, MangoApps is the place for you.
If you looking for not just a "job" but the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. This is the place for you. MangoApps has been described a lot of things, a fun place, an opportunity to make an impact, workplace with a flat hierarchy and good quality work, devoid of any office politics. A place where your work speaks for you. A place where you make some friends and a lot of memories.
You have to experience it to truly believe it. Too good to be true? But it is!
Did we mention the awards for -
- Most Innovative HR Practices,
- Fun at Work Award and the listing among
- Top 51 Dream Companies to Work for in India at the World HRD Congress 2019.
Building a world-class product requires not just awesome technical skills but also intense commitment and the “keeping-at-it” ability. Qualities we look for in every Springster who comes on-board.
● B.E/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 10+ years or more of progressive software technology experience with at least 3 years in
● Completely hands on with technology and architecture. Start-up experience is a huge plus.
● Excellent and robust understanding of scalable product system architecture(s), platforms and core technologies
● Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills to pursue correct engineering process in adverse conditions. Ability to embrace and demonstrate leadership beyond ownership
● Provide thought leadership to setup and manage processes.
● Ability to work in a very agile, fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
● Ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial and in a start-up environment
● Hands on knowledge of some of these technologies - MySQL, NodeJS, message brokers such as Kafka/RabbitMQ, NoSQL datastore such as Mongo, Cassandra, Arango, distributed caches such as Redis/memcached, container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes etc. is a big plus.
● Great proficiency in distributed systems design, with an ability to make the right trade-offs for creating future-proof solutions.
● Ability to build a product end-to-end with the help of multiple engineering teams
HyperTest is the fastest growing SaaS company in the field of quality assurance and Testing growing 25% MoM and flagging 1M+ errors for its clients every month
How It Works
HyperTest is an on-premise utility that helps businesses ship software faster and with better quality. It automatically tests for all failures and bugs in their applications much before releases. Engineering teams struggle with writing & maintaining their own tests or use a team of manual testers.
With HyperTest they can now instead focus only on building software (faster), automating the entire QA process.
We believe as the complexity of the application grows, HyperTest's simple technique to test app services in aggregate minimises the effort from developers to catch errors and fix them
Where are we now
HyperTest is funded from marquee VC firms like Axilor Capital, Touchstone and distinguished angel investors. The founding team has spent 12+ years between them building and scaling products for OYORooms to India's largest restaurant SaaS company and are alumni of IIT Bombay & Georgia Tech with degrees in CS and Data Science
HyperTest is currently used by 20+ small to large companies alike including Nykaa, Groww, Moglix, Shiprocket, 1mg, Etmoney, Cashify etc
We are looking for Head of Engineering who:
- Have (5-6yrs) experience working preferably in a product company before and understand the culture of moving fast and breaking things. Any additional experience is a plus.
- Work with CXOs to understand the business and build relevant solutions
- Engage in the end-to-end life cycle of product - from design to product launch
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Design and build the Engineering team; define the right culture for the team
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and fast delivery. Data driven approach is a must
- Lead the cost/benefit analysis of technology evaluations, decisions, and roadmap planning for architecture and technical migration
- Exclusively use and enable teams to adopt and follow best practices in code development and deployment.
- Evaluate and improvise appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of products.
- Are open to work in a flat, non-hierarchical setup where daily focus is only shipping features not reporting to managers
- Are relentless problem-solvers and not scared easily from new engineering problems or speaking out in public or privately
- UG/PG degree in computer sciences, IT from top tier college in India preferable
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
- Occasional sponsored trips to Himalayas (all company funded) and unlimited supply of caffeine
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
Companies we admire for their culture and success:
37 Signals (BaseCamp), Intercom, Front, Stripe, Notion.io, Airtable, FreshDesk, Zoho, Wingify (VWO), CleverTap
Books that are a MUST read for people at HyperTest:
Lean Startup, Recode, Never Split the difference: Negotiating like your life depends on it, Culture Code, Rise of the SuperMan, Negotiation Genius, The Subtle Art of Not giving a F***
- Lead the tech team on daily project development including legacy system refactor and new feature implementation
- At least 4+ years of people management experience.
- Design, build and maintain our trading systems that deal with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity, and risk management.
- Articulate a long-term vision for maintaining and scaling our trading systems.
- Liaise with business, product team members, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap.
- Experience in leading a team to design and build services that are highly scalable and robust.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one of the following languages: Go (preferred).
- Solid knowledge of multithreading, enterprise integration pattern, microservice.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Ethereum-like blockchains.
- Experience in crypto exchange development.
- Experience in building systems in the finance industry.
- Familiar with DevOps work with AWS or GCP
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organization
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
Position : Senior Technology Lead
Experience Range : 6 Years -9 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : No Equity
Location : Remote
We are searching for a dynamic “Senior Technology Lead “ to join our company. As a technical lead, you will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake, analyse briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- At least 6 years of working experience in Laravel, Code Igniter ,Slim Framework.
- Solid PHP basic and OOPs concepts, PHP higher version
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures, DBMS - added advantage
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Knowledge of React.JS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
- Team Leader, Team Management.
- Development experience as per SOLID principles.
- Experience in Client Communication.
- Managing a team of 12 + Engineers , Front-end and Back-end engineers.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for architecting and developing features on the application end to end. You will be responsible for the functional/technical track of the project. Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes.
- Design and develop SaaS-based applications based on microservices architecture.
- Work on the core backend and ensure it meets the performance benchmarks.
- Work on the front-end with ReactJS.
- Designing and developing APIs for the front-end to consume.
- Constantly improve the architecture of the application by clearing the technical backlog.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages).
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with the following skills. Please do not hesitate to apply if you do not match all of it. We are open to promising candidates who are passionate about their work and are team players.
- Education - B.Tech/MCA or equivalent.
- Overall 10 to 12 years of experience.
- Agnostic/Polyglot with multiple tech stacks.
- Worked on open source technologies – NodeJS, ReactJS, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Columnar DBs
- Backend exposure – good knowledge of building API using Node or Lambda or python.
- Good understanding of ELK, Kafka, Redis and CDN .
- Worked on serverless technologies and good understanding of CMS.
- Efficient in building microservices in combining server & front-end.
- Good understanding of AWS and its technologies.
- Should be innovative and communicative in approach and should be hands on coding guru
- Will be responsible for the functional/technical track of a product.
- Experience with Scaling SAAS products and ability to design from scratch.
- Ability to manage a small team of 5 -10 Developers/QA Engineers and guide them on the design and coding best practices.
Whom will you work with?
You will work with a top-notch tech team, working closely with the architect and engineering head.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality of content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. However, we assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status.
- Build and Lead multiple teams of notch engineers to own, drive & deliver critical parts of our products.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from Premium Institutes
- 5+ years of work experience in software development and 1-2 years as a leadership role.
- Deep Understanding of enterprise grade technologies.
- Experience in Node.Js, Java, Python tech stack.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
Lead Engineering Manager for Singapore based Asset Management Fintech
About the Company:
Torre Capital is a VC-Funded Fintech based out of Singapore focused on disrupting the Asset Management Industry. We are backed by prestigious VC firms and a network of angels and industry leaders, with over 18 months of runway. We are creating new ways to interact and service High Net Worth Individuals using latest tech and analytics interventions. Torre Capital was started by professionals (Mckinsey, Accenture, Flipkart, PayU, CIMB) with 50+ years of experience in Digital Business Build and Asset Management.
We are creating a full-stack technology team and looking for an Engineering Lead to head the tech platform development and the tech team. Working together with the co-founders, you will decide the revised tech stack, talent to be hired, and best practices to be put in place.
We are building a solution that deploys elements of tokenization using blockchain, ML driven portfolio selection and risk management, and a proprietary alternate secondary market for illiquid securities.
What we care about
- You should have prior experience leading a team of developers having gone through the entire cycle of hiring, developing, deploying, succeeding/failing, repeat.
- Hands on experience, knowing good practices at each stage of development such as TDD, CI/CD, Unit/Integration/E2E tests.
- You love technology and all aspects of it. You are a constant learner not because you need to, but because you want to.
- You understand finance, specifically areas of Asset Management, PE/VC, and private banking.
- You know how to spot good talent and nurture good talent. You believe time spent on training is time well spent.
- You know how to budget for the tech stack and the team you need.
- You are not afraid to call out other senior staff when they commit mistakes. You are as much part of the strategic decision making as the co-founders.
- Nothing lasting ever gets built in a few months. You believe in building to last, and don’t mind additional effort today to prepare for tomorrow.
- Values – customer satisfaction before bottom-line. Employee health before deadlines. Family before everything else.
What we don’t care about
- Project managers – we hate middle management
- Big egos
- Any kind of politics or hierarchy
- Your gender, sexual orientation, clothes you wear, what you do outside of work.
- Minimum 2 years in a Head of Engineering/Lead Engineer role with a startup. Overall, between 5-10 number of years of tech experience.
- BE/ BTech or MTech/ Dual degree in Computer Science/Software engineering or similar from a Tier 1 institute
- Strong fundamental knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and network protocols.
- Ability to define and deploy the right tech stack for a fintech organization
- Blockchain implementation experience preferred
- Experience with actual product launch and adoption
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Experience with Agile methodologies and IT budgets to assess technological performance
What you can expect from us?
- A competitive above market salary. We want you to focus on your growth, and the best way is to not have you worry about operational expenses
- Complete independence of operations
- A Bonus that improves as company performance ticks up
- Significant career growth opportunity to a CTO position
The Role – Systems Engineering Manager
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Lead on the deployment, configuration, integration & support/operations of the product/s; act as part of the scrum team day-to-day
Act as an escalation point for technical solution questions from the team; drive best practice in solution design & ensure these are documented appropriately.
Line manage team members and act as a technical mentor
Develop ways of working within the team to ensure continuous improvement of systems engineering practices – for example, automated deployments, test automation etc
Identify skills gaps within the team and identify appropriate technical/Soft skill training courses
Ensure smooth running of Sprint Retrospectives & foster an open, honest and constructive environment in the engineering team.
Continuous feedback & prioritise tech debt & refactoring/reprioritizing work to Product Management
Identify and encourage automation of repetitive tasks carried out by the team
Identify & advise on product upgrades with Product Management; manage the process of upgrading the product & managing life cycle of the product
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
Experience in managing tools like Appdynamics, Splunk, Runscope and JIRA.
Experience in Cloud technologies Azure/AWS
Experience & understanding of DevOps concepts & CICD
Minimum 4+ years of People Management experience & have contributed towards people development
Has worked in agile framework. Should know at least one of the frameworks of Scrum or Kanban
3+ years’ experience working within a scrum team to deliver change quickly at a global scale
Experience of implementing test automation via front end testing
Experience working with multiple technical teams to deliver new features
Strong understanding of customer support processes (incident management, request management) - ITIL qualification preferred
An ability to learn new technologies & tools rapidly
Has managed multiple teams & their deliveries
Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership