Designation:Linux/System/Support Engineer (L2) Experience : 2-5 Yrs
Notice period : immediate to 30 Days
- Server Monitoring
- Collecting information about the reported issues
- Ensuring whether all the information has been logged in the ticketing system or not
- Must be able to follow and execute instructions specified in user guides, emails to run, monitor and trouble shoot
- Must be able and willing to document activities, procedures
- Must have trouble shooting skills and have knowledge on Antivirus, Firewall, Gateway
- Should be ready to work for extended shifts, if
- Good customer management skills bundled with good communication skills
- Databases: concepts and ability to use DB tools such as psql,
- Good Understanding of Oracle, weblogic, Linux/ Unix Terminology and able to execute commands
- Internet Technologies : Tomcat/ apache concepts, basic html, etc
- Able to use MS- Excel, Power Point
About Magicflare Software Services
• Strong knowledge for OOPS concepts, Linux OS,
Inter Process Communication, and multi-
• Programming skill:
o C → Advanced
o C++ → Advanced
o Scripting (Shell/Python) →
• Familiarity working with development tools like
GDB, Velgrin, SCA Tools, GIT, SVN, JIRA.
• Experience working with different embedded
platform like ARM/PowerPC processor and DSP
based on Qualcomm, TI, NXP, NVIDIA, Intel
• Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast
learner, analytical mind set.
• Ability to closely work with electrical team
- Linux OS administrator
- Experience with WHM / Cpanel
- Experience working on MS Azure.
- Experience with handling domain names and registrars
- Experience with backups
- Knowledge of cloud and dedicated computing
- Experience in setting up OS, Web server (Apache), App server (Tomcat) and its management
- Knowledge of Data security and have implemented OS security measures, deployment of security patches/ upgrades
- Knowledge of networking and cloud technologies
- Deployment of software releases, release management
Should have strong administration skills on Windows as well.
Ability to script, write batch programs is a huge plus
Should have experience in Software installation and Patch management
Should have exposure towards networking (LAN/hub/Router etc set up and configuration)
Should have exposure in configuring and managing hardware/software firewall.
Should have exposure of managing hardware environment like checking and replacing peripherals.Should have exposure in periodical back up processes using local (tape/drisk)/ remote (cloud) environments
∙ Computer Science related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
∙ Min 2 years of experience on GCP / AWS / Azure cloud system ( Overall 5+ years of experience)
∙ Familiarity with LAMP stack technologies, experience supporting
∙Must be capable of working on Linux System.
∙ Familiarity with SQL, Apache, File storage, Load Balancers and Agile methodologies ∙ Knowledge of shell scripts, Linux system administration.
∙ Strong DNS management and automation background
∙ Strong scripting (bash, php, perl) skills
∙ Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
∙ Clear communication and documentation of projects and procedures
∙ Strong problem solving skills
∙ Demonstrated ability to manage timelines, dependencies, deliverables, milestones and resource allocation and management in projects.
∙Strong Cloud Architecture experience.
∙Added Advantage with knowledge of Microservices/API/ Queue systems
∙knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends. ∙Understanding and willingness to embrace CI/CD and automation tooling such as Jenkins and GIT
∙ Set up technical server infrastructure, providing technical assistance to development teams, monitoring site performance, and troubleshooting issues when they arise.
∙ Set up and maintain a development server environment and a live server environment with a process for testing and deploying changes to live sites.
∙ Take an active role in designing, implementing and maintaining a scalable and robust enterprise server environment.
∙ Administer Apache web server, Load balancer and MySQL Server
∙ Work on System Security and IPTable configuration
∙ Optimize servers for high traffic, security, and other system issues. ∙ Evaluate and propose new or improved system architecture.
∙ Document system configuration, processes, and procedures.
∙ Share responsibility with team members for rotating on-call duties.