About Squareboat Solutions Private Limited
Description of the Role:
Looking an experienced software development leader, an executive who can step in
and lead our fast growing, dynamic engineering team, deliver timely product releases to the market, and execute the roadmap which promises to make this product the leader in its space.
The individual will need to take decisions in all facets to achieve the goal of delivering a
world class product. These decisions would be related to recruitment of right talent, using
appropriate development methodologies, and creating the proper organizational structure,
driving performance, with the right agility and quality driving product leadership.
This person will keep abreast of technology trends, standards, and stakeholders which will
further enhance adoption and market share of company, and work in tandem with the other
members of the executive team as well to further define our roadmap and deliver against it.
This person should have the ability to bridge technology with business acumen, bring
experience in developing vertical SaaS Enterprise applications, and develop and sustain a
culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make company the place to be for
anyone interested in developing Hospitality industry’s leading SaaS Products.
This role has a responsibility for the overall engineering, testing, and delivery for our entire
SaaS based Product lines for the hospitality industry. The current products are made on a
variety of web/mobile technologies. Our production environment is spread across multiple
datacenters in multi-zonal setup with high availability, failover mechanisms that are in a
highly secured environment.
Technology stacks on which our products are developed:
PHP, Java, MongoDB, Postgres, Node JSP, AWS SQS, Apache, Angular, Jquery, YUI
1.0, MYSQL 5.6, GIT, Load Balancer HAProxy, Rabbit MQ, Active MQ, Qing
● Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications
and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions.
● Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing,
release and production environment needs.
● Overseeing all activities of the development groups (development, QA, and application
● Planning the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including
day-to-day operations in conjunction with other teams such as IT, Support Operations,
Product and Marketing.
● Adopting process-based working for every aspect of development and with other teams.
● Establishing departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
● Staying abreast of new technologies and issues in the software-as-a-service industry
including current technologies, platforms, standards, and methodologies, and keeping
products risk free by not using technologies that are facing end of life.
● Recruiting, managing and continuously developing through leadership and collaborative
team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in the
● Participating in the strategic business, product planning process and budgets for the
● Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by
communicating and promoting the Company’s technology vision and solutions
● Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments; and
developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
● Previous senior leadership roles in product development and engineering for high growth
product companies along with leadership of development teams with great product
● Proven experience as a leader in developing, deploying, and supporting software as a
service/platform as a service solution to global enterprises.
● Proven ability to recruit the talented developers and provide them with a vision and
working environment to develop world-class applications while instituting compelling
performance measurements that continually drive transparency and improved
● Experience in working with Product teams and contributing towards product roadmap.
● Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
● Experience in Agile development methodology
● Experience in multiple web and mobile technologies
● Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment
● Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners
● Experience in managing both mainstream development and R&D activities
● Experience in development with open source technologies
● Experience in building and maintaining applications that are mission critical for
● BE/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related fields
● 12+ years of product engineering experience
● Previous senior leadership roles in product development and engineering for high growth
● Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
Location: Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi
● Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
● Work closely with your team providing continuous feedback to raise the bar
● Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our business processes and success criteria
● Develop and execute a long-term product roadmap and architecture while balancing short term commitments
● Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems.
● Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build, and predictability of the deliverables of your team
● Effectively partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders across the organization to co-define and deliver on own and team goals
What are we looking for ?
● Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a college of repute
● 8 to 14 years of industry experience in software engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience of directly managing a team of software engineers
● Prior experience in established start-ups would be preferred
● Experience with object-oriented design and languages
● Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
● Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
● Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
● Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical and non-technical teams
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
- Key Technical Skills: Deep experience on Performance Engineering with understanding of Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experienced in defining and realizing end-to-end Technical Architecture for large scale real- time enterprise Ability to identify and define non-functional requirements and design systems to meet the same.
- Ability to review existing Architectures and identify Risks, Trade-offs, and share recommendations for addressing the identified
- Demonstrate strong understanding of cloud architecture considerations when scaling and tuning application deployments. Must have hands on experience working on any of the Cloud deployments on AWS or
- Good experience on leveraging APM tools to provide deep dive analysis on performance problems. Deep understanding of the dashboards which can be built for CIO level interactions. Must have relevant experience on APM tools like Dynatrace or AppDynamics.
- Experience in performance optimization of J2EE systems on any of different types of application servers - WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss etc. Deep expertise in any one of the application servers is a
- Experience in creating and reviewing technical documents like Architecture blueprint, Design specifications, Deployment
- Experience on working on Performance Testing Projects. Fair understanding of Performance Testing tools - Apache JMeter /Gatling/ HP Load Runner for Load testing. Must be in a position to review Performance Testing programs and steer directions towards right Workload Model, appropriate Test and Monitoring Strategy, build performance models and derive at right Capacity Planning.
- Experience in Big Data Analytics like - Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Hadoop, Apache
- Good skills in RDBMS like: Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, Cassandra, and Mongo DB
- Exposure to Agile methodologies & Continuous Integration Tools
- Entrepreneur / Intrapreneur (someone who has built technology teams ground-up, built new solutions from scratch)
- Very sound understanding of technology and have a consultative
- Sound understanding of complex enterprise IT environment and issues faced by CIOs in the digital
- Excellent Pre-sales experience and have played a key role in winning business along with the sales
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, liaison and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Good negotiation skills
- Go getter and results oriented
- High energy level with ability to work well under pressure
- Good relationship building skills. Someone who enjoys CIOs trust and has an ability to develop relationships at all levels (technology teams) of the customer
Amagi is a SaaS platform that lets every content owner deliver their content to consumers anytime, anywhere, to any device. Amagi helps bring entertainment to hundreds of millions of consumers leading the transformation in media consumption. We believe in a connected ecosystem bringing content owners, distribution platforms, consumers and advertisers together to create great experiences.
Amagi grew by 136% last year and is on its way to double itself again this year. The market leader in FAST (Free Ad-supported Streaming TV), it delivers more than 500 media brands to 1500+ end points and is growing exponentially.
At Amagi, our Billing Platform is key to our continued growth. The success of our products is dependent on the success of our billing platform and its ability to provide scalable, reliable and intuitive experiences to our customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us lead the efforts of building our billing platform and related process automation solutions. The ideal candidate would be responsible for the successful delivery of a scalable and flexible billing platform and workflows related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Role reporting into: Engineering Director - Enterprise Platforms
Individuals reporting into this role: Senior Architect, Staff Software Engineer, Software Tech Lead, Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the core Engineering activities in an Agile model
- Participate in the overall design and development discussions
- Work closely with the Product Management team to establish product and engineering roadmaps.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance to the team and ensure they follow sound engineering practices
- Demonstrate accountability towards intended business outcomes, by working with product management and other functional teams.
- Lead the billing, account receivables and account payables automation and workflows implementation.
- 10+ years of overall SDLC experience with 6+ years of experience managing cloud application/platform engineering teams.
- Hands-on with at least of one cloud of the platforms, AWS or GCP
- Experience developing the usage/subscription based billing for SaaS products.
- Exposure to design and development of microservices optimized for scalability and speed
- Experience developing the horizontally scalable distributed systems, streaming data pipelines
- Hands-on experience of implementation of highly available, low latency and robust cloud services.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Knowledge of finance processes
- Strong in CS fundamentals (object oriented analysis, data structures, algorithms)
- Salesforce sales and revenue cloud knowledge
- NetSuite, Salesforce, Freshdesk integration experience
- Working experience with any of the enterprise cloud platforms or applications.
- 15+ years of Hands-on technical application architecture experience and Application build/ modernization experience
- 15+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Hands-on programming skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- Agile software development expert
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Hands-on familiarity with CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
What does this role hold for you…??
- Help define Technical Roadmap and own the entire product delivery end to end
- Work very closely with various business stakeholders to drive the execution of multiple business plans and technologies.
- Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for efficient software development processes
- Hire, Develop and Retain a strong team of engineers.
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Thinking backward from a customer POV and relentlessly pursuing the customer's cause in tech and product decisions
Apply if you have…
- Graduation/Post Graduation degree in Computer Science (IITs, IIITs and NITs preferred)
- NodeJS with good exposure to MySQL
- Experience with AWS, Microservices, Caching, Performance Optimization, Nginx, Solr, Redis, Redshift
- Experience working with agile teams and making rapid decisions in a dynamic and disruptive environment
- 2+ years of leading and managing a team consisting of the backend, frontend and QA.
- Hands-on writing and reviewing code
- Exceptional design and architectural skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- High motivation to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
Know more about us…
Know more about us and our team, visit www.housing.com, www.proptiger.com & www.makaan.com
Technical Architect/Technical Head/Technical Lead
BE/MCA/ B.TECH/Post graduation preferred
10+ years of experience
CTC - 20 LPA.
Technical lead will be responsible for technology development delivery and maintenance of small to medium size projects(end to end). Must have good technical and communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have Managed the team of 6-10
- Good understanding of industry specific framework
- Need good design/Architecture design experience
- To build and maintain financial tech products
- Customer interaction
- Exposure to SDLC
- Project status reporting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- My SQL
- J Query
- Apache Tomcat
- Rest web services
- Design patterns
end engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly
improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
• Oversee the mobile app, m-site, desktop, cloud infrastructure
• Back-end development teams and their assigned tasks
• Monitor reliability, performance of all internal systems and suggest improvements
• Ensure compliance with security regulations
• Should be able to guide engineers for best UI performance of app, m-site and
• Manage software development by setting requirements, goals and timelines
• Design strategies for future development plans based on the company’s overall
objectives and resources
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training
• Implement innovative technologies
• Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
• Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
• Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and
engineering best practices.
• Experience with start-up will be a big plus.
• Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable Architecture managing team of
• (10+)Sr. Engineers / Engineers, and coaching mentoring while maintaining a handson role
with code development
• Started as a Software Engineer and worked with a wide range of technologies,
especially with the modern open source stacks
• Work experience as a Technical Architect/Senior Manager/ VP of Engineering or in a
position at an engineering department
• Extensive experience with both cloud/AWS and on premise technologies
• Big Data/ML experience is a plus
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
• Ability to mentor and grow engineering talent
• Excellent project management skill
Send us your code samples / GitHub profile / published articles if applicable.
CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth stage start-up that helps consumer brands grow their business on e-commerce channels (like Amazon, Walmart) using advanced algorithms and machine learning technology. We help consumer brands win shoppers at the moment of purchase by algorithmically managing supply chain, demand forecasting, promotions and advertising spend, fraud listing detection, content optimization and other aspects that help shoppers make online purchase decisions.
In 2020, CoVid 19 affected every business, few positively and many negatively. However, E-commerce adoption has gone through the roof and we have seen e-commerce spend grow from 15% to 25% of retail spend in just 8 weeks! (Compare this to a decade that it took to grow e-commerce adoption from 5 to 15%). This put us in a unique situation and provided a huge opportunity for us to help brands grow significantly on e-commerce channels.
At the back of strong product-market fit and a change in human behaviour due to CoVid that buoyed e-commerce, we tripled our revenue consecutively in 2019 and 2020. More than 50 consumer brands use our product to drive e-commerce growth. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Mars, Inc. and many others.
Our focus in 2021 is to heavily invest in our engineering, product and customer success capability to bolster our product, make our customers successful and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
Roles and responsibilities :
- Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers, and own significant parts of CIQ applications that require design, architecture, and coding (Both Frontend and Backend).
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology roadmap.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on high standards.
- Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying right design patterns, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Own the QA and deployment strategies for the team.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to understand business, prioritise and execute based on company goals and priorities.
- Be the custodian of process and SDLC best practices within the team.
- Own hiring goals for the team and hire the best.
- Delivery and tech ownership of all roadmap / tech items for the team.
What you need to succeed :
- Should have proficiency in Backend and frontend technologies along with good experience in AWS.
- Should be aware of best practices for Software development .
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
- 5+ years software design, coding in Java / equivalent and a good understanding of frontend technologies.
- 1+ years of management experience in building small to medium-sized teams, demonstrating growth and a track record of successful deliveries.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 5+ years of experience in building and working with production grade systems.
- Shipped several large-scale projects with dependencies across multiple teams.
- Built and delivered on successful cross-functional partnerships across multiple teams.
- Been actively involved in creation and execution of technical strategy and roadmap.
- Actively coached, mentored and grew team members in their careers.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to hire and build incredible engineering teams.
- Good understanding and experience in practicing SDLC best practices.
- Strong believer in innovation culture and Engineering driven ideas.
- Experience in release management and agile methodologies.
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that powers our customer’s
shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our
customer’s doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale mobile and
web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, content
systems, catalogue systems, search systems, supply chain systems, imaging and
visualization systems for products etc. We are a small technology team where each
individual has a huge impact. You will work closely with the business in shaping our product
and serve hundreds of millions of Indians! You will have the opportunity to be part of a
rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive
1. Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software
engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions
and the hands-on ability to lead by example
2. Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development
practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile
practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus
on product quality
3. Team management : You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping
individuals grow in their careers, having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing
prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
● Total of 5+ years’ experience building cutting edge products. Deep experience in
building very large scale applications and 1+ years’ experience in team management
● Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms
● Experience with distributed systems handling large amount of data
● Experience in very large scale applications.
● Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
● Experience with distributed systems handling large amounts of data.
● Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE.
● Very good understanding of Web Technologies.
● Excellent coding skills in NODE JS & PHP (Laravel)
● Very good understanding of Web Technologies
● Good understanding and experience with using open source technologies and building
● Handling large data (batch and real-time), workflows and scheduling, building pluggable
frameworks and systems, strong abstraction and architecture skills
● Experience using traditional RDBMS, NOSQL DBs (Cassandra, Mongo DB, Aerospike
● (redis, memcache), messaging frameworks (Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS)
B Tech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent or higher from a reputed institution.
1. Technical depth
You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design
and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications.
Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the
database.) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons
2. Execution ability
Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple
software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and
institute good practices and tools
3. You must have a degree in Computer Science or related field. Strong understanding of
object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science
Being a relatively small sized Engineering team, individuals carry a lot of responsibility on their
shoulders.Coming up with the designs of features, evaluating external libraries and frameworks,
enhancing existing platform infrastructure, reviewing major architectural decisions, planning and
executing deployments with minimal system downtimes is part of the everyday job. For an individual with
a hunger to solve problems and who thrives on challenges, passionate about leading teams, the
opportunities @Myntra are practically limitless.
You’ll be a part of the team who’s passionate about scaling & delivering omnichannel initiatives @Myntra.
The primary products that you’ll be working on will be Myntra’s entire Omnichannel Suite. This consists of
end-to-end integrations with seller systems, omni order management system & in-store assistance initiatives