Tagalys provides intelligent merchandising solutions to mid-sized e-commerce brands around the world, like LEGO, Fila, Crocs, Tink, Ana Luisa, Ritu Kumar, EQVVS, Lack of Color, and Apollo 247. Our products include category merchandising tools, search, recommendations, and a full analytics suite. Over the last three years, we have scaled from a two-person founding team to over 15 people. During this time, we’ve received amazing customer reviews on the quality of the product, and our customer support & success.
About the role
We are looking for a backend developer to help us execute our product roadmap faster. You will design, spec, develop, test, and deploy new features that can scale.
Your work could be related to:
- Defining new merchandising or reporting functionality
- Adding more advanced search capabilities
- Improving scoring/recommendation models
- eCommerce platform integrations/API implementations
- Load testing/scaling features as we continuously grow
- Something new. There are always interesting new challenges that come our way. Here are a couple of things we’ve worked on recently:
- Managing background jobs with competing performance goals like quick turnaround while staying within platform API limits
- Embedding and dynamically changing products in an email even after sending it
- Managing and coordinating multi data-center processes
- 1-3 years of experience in Ruby On Rails (or a similar MVC framework like Express or Django). You are comfortable with Routes, Migrations, Models, Callbacks, Validations, and so on.
- Ability to design clean, scalable data structures for new features.
- A good understanding of design patterns so that complex processes are written in a maintainable way.
- Knowledge of managing source code with Git.
- Comfortable in a Linux OS.
- Good communication skills, and ability to clearly plan and describe features before building.
- Challenging, exciting work, at scale
You get to understand the challenges our customers face first-hand, and collaboratively design and build amazing solutions that will be used by millions of shoppers through billions of API requests. There’s always something new and exciting to build.
- Have a direct impact
Seven engineers currently build, refine, and scale the entire product. Working in a small team means you will have a say in the way the product is built, and your performance will have a direct impact on the company’s outcome.
Tagalys is a place for you to be yourself, enjoy your work, and achieve your potential. We love the energy that comes from working with smart people in a simple and welcoming environment. We design our workflow to make sure you are also able to focus on everything else in life that is important: family, friends, and health.
You get great pay, coupled with flexible hours, a hybrid work model, and comprehensive insurance for your and your dependents. For the people contributing significantly, we also offer ESOPs so there is an opportunity to build wealth as you help the company grow.
2. Hands-on experience with Hibernate/JPA
3. Added advantage if known MicroServices and Design Patterns
4. Experience working with tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven
5. Working knowledge with Oracle or MySQL Database
6. Strong agile/scrum development experience
• Implements Digital Consumer experiences based on a foundation of SFCC (Salesforce commerce cloud) to meet expected quality standards
• Ensures functional requirements and high-level solution designs are understood and are translated into detailed technical design
• Implement proofs of concept to prove any new technologies, application flows or integration scenarios and identify customizations needed to SFCC platform for meeting client requirements
• Guides the performance tuning and scalability of the ecommerce solution
• Diagnose and solve technical problems during implementation and support phases
Your Skills & Experience:
• 4-8 Years with 2+ years of implementing commerce application on any eCommerce platform in last 3 years
• If you have not worked in eCommerce platform, we can still discuss with you if you are expert in Java/.Net and understand REST/SOAP webservices.
• Demonstrate proficiency in build and release management using CI/CD strategies (leveraging tools like Jenkins and DevOps practices), implement Mocha/Chai unit and functional test cases in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality
• Contributes to designing, implementing and documenting the build release process as well as system configuration and deployment characteristics of the applications
• Participates in technical walkthroughs/ code reviews of other team members’ components, test plans and results and help them with gaps
• Collaborate with architect to define implementation processes and quality gates and standards
• Identifies risks and issues, and help monitor them
• Guides the development of reference and resource materials
• Mentors developers in improving their platform knowledge and development skills
• Communicate technical design to the developers and help/guide them in the implementation
• Participates in Agile sprints
Set Yourself Apart With:
• eCommerce platform certification
• Security considerations – OWASP, CSRF, reCAPTCHA etc. – Basic knowledge or experience
• Git Development workflow – Proficient
• Visual Studio Code IDE or Eclipse IDE - Proficient
• Knowledge on Agile methodology and desired tools like Jira, confluence etc.
• Scripting/development experience with Node.js, Mocha/Chai
• Experience working in any Salesforce cloud environment like SFMC, SFSC etc.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and articulation skills & Good team player
• Self-starter and self-learner with keen interest to grow
• Process orientation and the ability to define and setup processes
• Ability to provide necessary coaching to bring team members up to speed on the technology
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
• Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with excellent personal ownership of problem resolution
Certa (getcerta.com) is a Silicon Valley based tech product start-up that is automating the vendor, supplier and other stakeholder on-boarding processes (think background checks, agreements and the works) for companies across industries and geographies. With multiple Fortune-500 and Fortune-1000 clients, at Vetted's tech team, you will be working on stuff that is changing the way huge companies do business.
We are looking for rockstar engineers to join the tech team.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to design and build extremely reliable, scalable and high performing enterprise systems
- Experience with Django Rest Framework for coding web-services (APIs) for Web and Mobile apps.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Asynchronous tasks (celery)
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Understanding of data security, encryption will be a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Results oriented, proactive and showing overall leadership quality
- Hands-on with AWS
- Understanding of REST
We are ideally looking for 3+ years of experience, in as much of the tech stack as possible. Also, along with the rest, if you love start-ups / have had experience working in start-ups, do apply here immediately.
Perks include remote working, flexible schedules, at par or better-than-industry-standard salary and a great team to work it (we mean it!)
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
Implementation of security and data protection
Integration of data storage solutions, may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc
Integrating in-house product with third party applications and creating ready connectors
Build microservices with modular design
Benchmarking applications in terms of number of concurrent users, number of requests per second and similar parameters
Documenting and updating APIs for customers systematically
Programming Language: NodeJS
Capabilities: REST APIs, WebSockets, Express
Databases: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
Tools: GIT, VSCode
**ONLY LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO LIVE IN MUMBAI
Immedieate joiners are preferred or those who cn join withn 15-20 days.
- B.Tech in Computer Science from premier institute (IIT/NIT/IIIT)or equivalent work experience
- 2 years’ experience developing Backend systems
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of Cache, Queues, NoSQL & RDBMS(Mysql)
- Proficiency in PHP/Python/Ruby/Java
- Experience with MVC architectural pattern / framework like Django, ROR, Node.js
- Experience of object-oriented programming / modular programming
- Ability to multi-task, work with ambiguity and quickly re-prioritizing responsibilities
- Experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of testing performance & stability using tools
- Experience with either Github or GitLab, Confluence, & Jira
Professional experience required:
Total experience: 2+ Years
- 2+ years’ experience developing Backend systems
- Experience with Agile software development
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be the ability come up with innovative ideas and out-of-the-box solutions
- Must be willing to challenge conventional methods to achieve exponential results
- Provide objective guidance without personal or political considerations.
- Pitching ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Setting up a continuous build environment to speed up software development and deployment process.
- Architecting overall, comprehensive, and efficient practices.
- Guiding developers and operation teams in case of an issue.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and managing technical operations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Previous experience working on a 24x7 cloud or SaaS operation team.
- Spring Boot Java 8, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Swagger, Tomcat 8, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, GIT, Postman/Newman, RESTful Services, Containers.
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Proven in developing, implementing, and providing solutions to the given problem in all Java technologies.
- Proficient in stitch-together end-to-end application starting from front-end web development, back-end development, middleware integration, and persisting data in no SQL or DBMS databases.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.