Performance tuning Jobs in Ahmedabad
• Make decisions and resolve issues regarding objectives and operations of the fleet assets
in the database management area to meet business objectives.
• Prepare reports on database scalability and capacity planning as needed.
• Lead team to achieve objectives.
• Interpret and develop policies and procedures for functions with low to moderate complexity within scope of responsibility.
• Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent.
• Work closely with the product development team from the design phase of application & throughout their Agile development journey, the future enhancements & releases
• Participate in the application stress/load test & proactively identify & resolve the DB performance (batch/OLTP) issues that can potentially breach the SLA’s when the code
moves to production
• Highlight the new DB features to the product teams that could be used in the application as future enhancements & releases
• Support the Database Migration, Upgrades as part of Technology Life Cycle Management to be compliant with organization standards
• Provide DB Capacity Analysis & provide insights to product teams on future storage & hardware requirements based on the current data growth & overall performance
• Identify aging data, propose/develop/implement data archiving, purging & partitioning solutions to manage the data growth
• Handling Database/Schema Refreshes for the lower database environments
• Understand the RTO/RPO requirements for the application & databases to define the database backup and restore policy
• Managing Database Security Audit violations & resolving them
• DB User/Access/Roles management
• Troubleshooting & fixing production DB/SQL performance issues
• Providing Oncall support, working with vendor on DB issues, bugs & provide solution
• Schedule and Co-ordinate various maintenance activities with Support teams.
• Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced
• Work on any new DB technology/new-features, POC requirements from application team
• Help the application team in migrating their databases to public cloud (AWS).
• Establish performance standards, evaluate performance, train, and mentor team.
• Evaluate the database configuration and processes according to established policies and procedures of the organization.
• Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development.
• 6+ years of DBA experience on SQL or NoSQL DB with performance Tuning
• 4+ years of experience in managing other databases like MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgresDB & RDS on AWS.
• Hands on experience with NoSQL/Document databases and their administration.
• Experience on automation using any programming or scripting language.
• Should have at least one RDBMS certification.
• Hands on experience with Always on and High availability DBs.
• Hands on with SQL and NoSQL Database.
• Excellent understanding of the MongoDB installation, configuration, maintenance, security and audit logging.
• Experience with performance tuning and managing 1TB of Data
• Experience in backup/recovery procedures.
• Good understanding on Access Methods, Joins, different Indexes & its usage, Index scans, interpreting EXECUTION PLANS, Table/Index Statistics, Histograms, wait events etc
• Strong on PL/SQL Programming.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Problem-solving and good analytical skills
• Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
• Ability to work in tight deadlines under pressure
• Flexible and adaptable to changing business/technology requirements
• A sense of ownership that drives quality in everything you do
• A forward-looking attitude that keeps you aware of the latest in database & cloud technology space.
• AWS/Azure/OCI cloud Certified
• Working experience on Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse DB
• Python Programming for Automation for building dashboards
• Basic knowledge on Tableau/PowerBI for reporting.
• Finished Bachelors or Masters in Software Engineering.
• Preferred: BE/ B. Tech. / MCA / MSc. / BSc
- Architect and drive complex software performance improvement projects that mitigate the performance challenges of the product and establish new guidelines for future product features
- Work with the development team, and database administrators to analyze performance bottlenecks, make recommendations to address performance concerns, and co-design performance into new feature development
- Efficiently working with various profiling and monitoring tools to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks, propose and implement optimizations to improve cloud product
- Review end-user usage patterns and customer logged performance defects and enhance performance test coverage based on gaps identified.
- Understand database internals, server and storage system design, application interactions with database queries and stored procedures and with other downstream systems
- Troubleshoot issues experienced by users and propose solutions
- 8+ years of experience in implementing and driving software performance engineering projects and solutions. Advanced level experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Experience analyzing performance bottlenecks with application code interfacing with databases using ORM Frameworks, cache layers, data storage, servers, networking, and database query protocols including developing stored procedures, SQL queries, and database applications
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, replication, serialization, failover, recovery)
- Comfortable with Windows, SQL Server, .NET Framework/Core, GIT, Nuget, SPA, Modern UI Frameworks, ORM Framework NHibernate in terms of both tools and application development
- Passionate about finding software performance bottlenecks and optimizing code to produce a better customer experience
- Experience with APM (Application Performance Monitoring), RUM (Real User Monitoring), and other Dev tools used for Performance monitoring and analysis
- Experience with performance bottleneck analysis, system design for scaling