Motion Design Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
- Along with the design lead, manage various design projects and their priorities. Ensure the output meets business goals, deadlines, and the quality bar.
- Work with the product and engineering teams, and give and seek feedback to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the product and executive teams and take part in ideation, planning, and prioritization keeping the short and long-term goals of the organization in mind.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects, and prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- Strategize, prioritize and drive design-led projects. Also, help to extend the existing design systems and build new ones.
- 4+ years of experience as a UX designer having shipped multiple products.
- Experience in the fintech domain and/or B2C mobile applications.
- A detailed portfolio of design work, executed either by yourself or as part of a team, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love and use.
- A great understanding of visual design with attention to detail and consistency. If you’re great at motion design and iconography/illustrations, that’s a plus.
- An expert in delivering great UX for mobile (iOS/Android) and desktop applications and websites based on best practices.
- Exceptional listening, collaborative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and ownership of products/features managing all aspects of the project from start to finish.
- You’re product-minded and intensely customer-focused. You care about design all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Protopie, etc.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we've recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association).
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
This position is working with the Tictales studio - Drawing inspiration from visual novels and gamebooks, we provide interactive story apps, franchises, and services for many genres & audiences: romance, thriller, medical drama, fantasy and more! Our stories can be experienced on web browsers or mobile stand-alone apps.
Tictales are experts in crafting the best narrative and interactive storytelling experiences with a long-term vision : to bring bigger franchises to the world and enable content creators from everywhere to express themselves.
What’s the job?
As our Lead Games Artist you’ll be part of the Tictales team creating eye-catching art for our Interactive Story mobile games, both leading the team and creating art yourself.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure that our player have an experience smoother than freshly churned butter”
What you will really be doing
Being responsible for creating and delivering art on multiple casual game projects within the Interactive Story genre.
Setting the overall look and feel of new games from the characters, environment and UI
Working closely with the design and script teams to understand the stories and characters inside them and making art that suits our target audiences.
Communicate with external artists and outsourcers to make sure they are delivering to time and quality.
Work with the games production and product teams to understand the bigger picture of the games
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
At least 5 years of experience as an artist in the game industry, with at least one shipped title in the casual mobile game space
Excellent communication and problem solving skills as a leader and collaborator.
Able to work with direction on who the target audience is and to take data from research and turn that into a style
Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask
A professional, pro-active & collaborative work attitude.
Extensive knowledge of Unity, pipelines and processes
High level of proficiency in 2D and 3D.
A portfolio demonstrating the development of brands/IPs for casual mobile games
- Skills in animation, motion design and/or special effects
- French language proficiency is bonus
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
Relocation support available
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
- You are familiar with interaction design or motion graphics
- You find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g., usability, findability)
- You have a keen eye for aesthetics and problem-solving aptitude
- You have excellent communication skills and can collaborator with other designers and non-designer to produce a final design
- You are experienced adhering to brand guidelines in ways that still push creative boundaries
- You have a never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- You can collaborator with other designers and non-designer to produce a final design
- You can work within the company's design standards and brand guidelines
- You are passionate about contributing to the intersection of social impact, visual communication, and human-centered design and always ask: who am I designing for?
- Fluent in one Indian language (two languages is a significant plus)
- 1.5+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or similar role
- Hands-on experience of Adobe Suite and standard motion graphics design software
- Ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in creative, human-centered culture and cross-cultural design
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Excited to use your artistic talents in a social impact context
As our motion graphic designer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work in cognition with other designers to produce best and creative video solutions.
- Using video and motion graphics techniques to make info-graphics, videos, and posts, interesting.
- Collaborate with the team and contribute for brainstorming to draw creative ideas.
- Be responsible for end-to-end results of the projects
- Always deliver your projects within deadline
- Work as a team to come up with creative ideas even under pressure.