Who we are:
Acqueon's conversational engagement software lets customer-centric brands orchestrate campaigns and proactively engage with consumers using voice, messaging, and email channels. Acqueon leverages a rich data platform, statistical and predictive models, and intelligent workflows to let enterprises maximize the potential of every customer conversation. Acqueon is trusted by 200 clients across industries to increase sales, drive proactive service, improve collections, and develop loyalty.
At our core, Acqueon is a customer-centric company with a burning desire (backed by a suite of awesome, AI-powered technology) to help businesses provide friction-free, delightful, and referral-worthy customer experiences.
We are looking for
We are looking for an innovative and mission-driven Director, Engineering to play a pivotal role in building the most critical engineering solutions for our business growth. This new role will be supporting the enterprise and Technology organization of business line.
The Director, Engineering works with the Product Owner to understand the business strategy and work together to define the roadmap of product feature development over the next couple of years. Along with that the key aspect is to ensure that the team is aligned to deliver these strategic initiatives which would encompass building data streams, data analytics and feature development across multiple projects in close partnership with our Product teams.
As a Director Engineering in Acqueon you will….
Responsive team player who can proactively contribute for building technical strategies for applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap. He /she is someone who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment.
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems and ensure that the team optimizes codes, while contributing to business goals and product strategies
- Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business goals
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst ﬂux in the fast-paced environment and evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management, Business Development and Operation teams, and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace, estimate and plan projects in an agile environment
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Responsible to review Architecture and design technically robust, ﬂexible and scalable solutions and deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up
- Expertise in highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive modules and class-level interfaces
- Superior management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience in delivering high quality projects on time
- Strong technical competence with a track record of individual technical accomplishments
As a Director in Acqueon you will need….
- An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/MS in any stream – Computer Science/IT preferred
- With 15+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL/NoSQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery). Within the established architectural guidelines.
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
- Should have experience with CDP platforms, NoSql platforms, java/python, AWS platform, ELT (connectors to fetch data, transform) additionally experience with Sagemaker, AI Modelling and Data Science would be a plus
• Participation in the requirements analysis, design, development and testing of applications.
• The candidate is expected to write code himself/herself.
• The candidate is expected to write high level code, code review, unit testing and deployment.
• Practical application of design principles with a focus on the user experience, usability, template
designs, cross browser issues and client server concepts.
• Contributes to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
• Works closely with QA team to determine testing requirements to ensure full coverage and best
quality of product.
• There is also the opportunity to mentor and guide junior team members in excelling their jobs.
• BE/B. Tech. Computer Science or MCA from a reputed University.
• 6+ Years of experience in software development, with emphasis on JAVA/J2EE Server side
• Hands on experience in Core Java, Multithreading, RMI, Socket programing, JDBC, NIO,
webservices and Design patterns.
• Should have Knowledge of distributed system, distributed caching, messaging frameworks, ESB
• Knowledge of Linux operating system and PostgreSQL/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra database is
• Additionally, knowledge of HBase, Hadoop and Hive are desirable.
• Familiarity with message queue systems and AMQP and Kafka is desirable.
• Should have experience as a participant in Agile methodologies.
• Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• This is not a Fullstack requirement, we are purely looking out for Backend resources