SoStronk is a tight-knit team of gamers, storytellers, engineers, designers and trailblazers who are disrupting gaming and esports at scale. We have been a pioneering player in the esports platform space for over 5 years and are now positioned for meteoric growth with the backing of DreamSports.
We are looking to bring in a Designer who is keen on participating in challenging mobile designs and working under some of the best design and product leads in the gaming space. We seek out individuals who are self-driven, have high agency, embrace conflict-based decision making and can grow into natural leaders within the company.
Who you are:
You are an experienced, passionate UI/Visual designer who prioritizes and understands velocity and delivery . You enjoy direct contribution at every level from long term strategy to the pixel-perfect details of the moments that comprise an amazing customer experience.
At SoStronk, our Design approach includes creative space to think strategically about the long term, to explore and research the near future with customers, and to distill the creative process into a carefully crafted user experience for active development. The successful candidate will bring their own approach and experience to these areas, with a mandate to build a dream team of experts across them all.
- 3+ years of experience in UI/Visual design within an organization;
- A proven track record in working in a team, providing vision, taking on organizational challenges, and shipping great products
- An exceptional portfolio of (shipped) creative digital product design that showcases complex and creative UI solutions, exceptional visual design and eye for pixel perfection
- Demonstrated experience with the design of B2C web-based and mobile applications (gaming or esports related shipped products is a huge plus)
- Strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and design systems across mobile and web
- Understanding of visual design principles - typography, iconography etc.
- Openness to receiving feedback and having your opinions be challenged
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while chasing ambitious goals
- Passionate about gaming and esports is a huge plus
What You’ll Do:
- Executing design within the company through collaboration with cross-functional leaders.
- Digest detailed product vision and specifications to create visual designs for implementation.
- Utilize design software such as Adobe XD, Illustrator, Figma & Photoshop in showcasing design flow.
- Tackling edge cases and core functional cases as part of feature design flows.
- Work under senior design leaders and be able to implement their design guidelines and principles.
- Keep design delivery ahead of development by one iteration/sprint.
- Balance big-picture thinking with an iterative approach to continuously deliver improvements for our users.
- Being a key influencer within the company through effective communication, the ability to inspire, and build consensus.
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at SoStronk.
We are looking for a talented visual designer to enhance our brand’s online presence with eye-catching and professional graphic designs. As a visual designer, you will consult with the project team to determine design requirements, submit draft concepts for approval, and develop similar design prototypes for our other branded products.
To be successful as a visual designer, you should exhibit experience in visual design and the ability to contribute creative expertise to brainstorming sessions. Outstanding visual designers are team players who apply their creativity to varied design requirements.
Consulting with the project team and determining visual design preferences and expectations.
1. Designing original graphics with unique colors, shapes, and typography fonts
2. Enhancing digital images, including the application of contrasts and gradients.
3. Submitting visual design concepts for brainstorming and approval in a timely manner.
4. Meeting with the project team for feedback and editing designs, when required.
5. Collaborating with IT developers in aligning visual designs with website functionalities.
6. Developing prototypes to uniformly integrate logos and brand images to other products and platforms, including social media.
7. Designing high-quality visuals for social media banners, newsletters, emailers, presentations, branding, business cards, and other design collaterals
8. Keeping track of advancements in visual design technologies and applications, as well as industry trends.
1. 2-3 years of experience as a visual designer, or similar.
2. A complete portfolio of visual design examples.
3. Advanced proficiency in visual design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite's Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Sketch, and Xd
4. Exceptional creative abilities as reflected in original visual designs.
5. Extensive experience in determining visual design preferences and meeting deadlines.
6. Exceptional ability to collaborate on visual design projects and integrate feedback.
7. Proficiency in keeping up with visual design technologies and industry trends.
8. Excellent communication skills.
A design lead at Moonraft is a UX design expert with a disruptive approach to design that brings together empathy for users and understanding of business. They must possess a guerrilla-like attitude to quick visioning and lateral thinking combined with the ability to articulate design. Openness and flexibility to appreciate ideas from anywhere is important.
Create and lead the design engagement with UX Strategy, Conceptualization, User Journeys, Information Architecture, Prototyping & Visual Designs for large-scale solutions along with the ability to drive conversations with the skate-holders.
Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research, organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices.
Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings. Understand the target audience deeply, develop user profiles, conduct task analysis, create user scenarios, and navigate smoothly through ambiguity.
Lead development of personas/segmentations based on research findings, integrate personas/ segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps
Facilitate user scenario planning sessions/design thinking workshops with internal teams & clients
Estimate, plan, and lead tracks of creative work/projects in the development of a quality solution track progress according to the plan created for the project (e.g., conduct design reviews and creative status meetings as needed)
Collaborate closely with the engineering team and make sure designs are implemented to meet Moonraft’s quality standards.
Lead participatory design/user testing sessions, present findings & recommendations to cross- functional teams and client stakeholders, and manage operational level client meetings.
Inspire, mentor and support the members of the design team
Qualification and Experience
Masters/Bachelors degree in design discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction, Design Planning, Graphic Design, Product Design, Communication Design or Fine Arts
An online portfolio or samples of work showing relevant experience
Experience with rapid prototyping and familiar with front-end development/technologies
Minimum 5 years of industry experience
Self-directed but also collaborative
Proficiency with tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invisionapp, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and understanding of all the latest tools
Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
We are here to advance the human experience through design-driven innovation. Design, to us, is all about creating new meanings, while art is about self-expression and emotive appeal. Bringing these two creative disciplines together and operating at their intersection with business and technology, we drive business innovations with differentiating customer experience.
We place the human at the center, bringing quantitative and qualitative techniques together to develop consumer insights. Our techno-creative team, bridging consumer insights, business understanding, and advanced technology skills, then builds humanistic technology solutions.
We believe experimentation is at the core of every innovation. Radical innovation, in our view, is just an event recognized in hindsight when a number of trial-and-error attempts spark off a breakthrough. Our approach embraces rapid prototyping and empirical evidence in everything we do. As the name says, we are Moonraft Innovation Labs, driving innovation through experimentation.
"Rafters", who inhabit Moonraft, recognize ideas as the boss. They live by imagination, simplicity, and speed. Our egalitarian culture and environment are designed for rafters to thrive and deliver elegant solutions for complex problems.
Tools we use :
- Adobe XD, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop
Role and Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Designing products at BiCSoM is about turning dreams and ideas into lovable technology and design solutions. As a mindful member of the BiCSoM team you will design rule-breaking mobile applications, web applications, websites, Progressive Web apps, IoT design solutions, Voice solutions using practices of User experience design and User interface design. Large number of people across the globe use our products everyday, we take pride in wearing ‘Made with love in India’ on our sleeves.
What are we looking for?
- We expect you to have your domain knowledge of UX and UI, which includes, Information architecture, empathy map creation, user research, user interviews, low fidelity and high fidelity wireframes, designing UI screens using Adobe XD, prototyping and design hand off to developers
- Experts in English language
- There are few skills which you need to have from get-go:
- You are a problem solver, polite and someone who values team members and customers
- You respect time and understand, lost time never comes back
- You have the ability to explain your design and come up with out of the box design solutions for mobile applications and web sites
- You are a smart and energetic talent from design background
- Based on the situations you can contribute individually or work with team and make work productive and fun
- In terms of day to day work, for 6 months to 1 year you should have done the following:
- Completed a bootcamp or formal training in UX/UI design
- Designed at least 2 mobile apps or websites
- Thorough understanding of Information architecture, Microcopies, Typography, Material design systems, Cupertino design system, Visual designs, icons and illustrations
- Conducting user research interviews and design Mood boards
- UX testing once the product is live
- Collaborative design workflows using Adobe XD and Framer
- Documenting your design work based on Style guides
- Knowledge of Microcopies is a plus
- Work location: Bengaluru city and Remote
- Working days - 6 days a week
Welcome to BiCSoM careers:
BiCSoM Technologies Private Limited is committed to breakthrough innovation and success for its team members. From our mindful culture of compassion and wisdom to passionate customer success philosophy, this is one awesome place to work! So come and experience what it takes to build digital products which are loved by millions of users across the globe. You will find speed, agility, fun and supportive culture where we are responsible for each other’s success.
- BiCSoM is a registered startup under the Startup India initiative of Government of India and a DIPP registered MSME
- BiCSoM was recognized as one of the top AR/VR startups in India in 2018 in DCB Bank innovation carnival