As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for envisioning, defining, and owning our Product design strategy. You’ll work with product, operations, business, and content teams to understand customer pain points, unrealized wants to drive better user experience and customer satisfaction. You’ll own design standards, and execution while leading a team of passionate product designers, conducting and facilitating research.
- Plot user journeys, research plans, mocks, prototypes, documentation, and quality checks
- Work closely with product designers, and product managers in designing, and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms.
- Conduct research, and experiments in partnership with internal and external research teams
- Drive design leadership, and design thinking within the organization
- Lead and manage a team of product designers
- Skills: Design thinking, Wireframing, Figma, Adobe Creative suite, User research
- 2+ years of experience in UI/UX design
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup
●Designing new products, interfaces, and user experiences for multiple platforms
●Collaboration with teams of engineers and product managers throughout the design
process – from creation to production – creating user flows, wireframes & building userinterface mock-ups and prototypes
●Simplifying complex user interactions, highlighting the product’s brand and unique
●Integrating and managing the brand through a visual design language
●3+ years of industry experience
●Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
●Knowledge of building user-experiences for mobile apps across mobile & web applications
●Mastery of Sketch/Figma, Photoshop & Illustrator
●One must be able to confidently articulate UX design rationale and enjoy leading
conversations with teams and key stakeholders
●Detail orientation, execution excellence & entrepreneurial spirit
●Having knowledge of prototyping tools will be an added advantage
As a Design Lead, you will:
- Create a clear vision for the end-to-end solution and develop roadmaps for getting there by leading design strategy activities to identify user demands and business prospects, uncover business/user needs, and generate potential solutions.
- Own the project vision and roadmap while improving the design development process. Lead the team in gaining a better understanding of the objectives of each design request and presenting innovative UI/UX
proposals to stakeholders.
- Display high-quality design practices while being involved in all aspects of design; research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design.
- Maintain and improve the design team processes that guarantee all delivered designs adhere to style guides and meet high standards of quality.
- Offer creative ideas that remove complexity and restrictions to ensure user-friendly designs. Work on developing mechanisms for tracking project progress, giving priority to feature development, and handling
- Ensure that the projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Encourage a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team by empowering and mentoring the team members.
- Communicative and responsive to the team and to stakeholders across the organization.
- 12 years of work experience as a UI/UX designer, at least 3 years as a Lead UI/UX designer, focused on the whole UI/UX design and development lifecycle of numerous successfully released website/mobile applications.
- Proven success in designing and optimizing high-quality user interfaces for web, and mobile applications.
- Expertise in UI/UX interaction and design principles and deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, and design patterns.
- Experience managing a team of around 8-10 UI/UX designers.
- Experience of working with clients in North America and EMEA regions.
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic.
- A floating portfolio
At PivotRoots we follow a user centred and value driven design thinking process. As a UX designer,
- You should be able to understand product specifications and know how to convert business requirements into user journeys and wireframes.
- Able to create personas through user research and data.
- Adept in developing wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Use various UX processes to fefine the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
This is a pure UX role and does not require any prior experience in visuals and graphics.
- Understanding the brand and the brief well.
- Understanding why the creative is being made.
- Improving the brief with the best visual communication possible.
- Always follow the brand guide if there is one. If not, create a basic one.
2) Mastering your design fundamentals and implementing it in every aspect
- Completing tasks everyday.
- Becoming efficient with the necessary softwares and upgrading the skills with others.
- Ongoing research at the backend
3) Adhere to checklists, SOPs and Deadlines
- Learn the checklists & SOP completely.
- Never miss out on client deadlines.
- Be aware about the ongoing client ask in terms of print collaterals, designs required and anything needed.
- Make sure any task taken is not left hanging and is completed.
4) Proactively participate, analyze and report your tasks and activities
- Participate actively in team activities/meetings.
- Analyze your day-to-day activities and improve wherever scope.
- Report to your tasks as per SOPs.
2. Architecting information, wireframing, and prototyping with interaction flows
3. Asking smart questions and championing new ideas
4. Developing delightful experiences with creative flair
5. Diagnosing design problems and devising elegant solutions
6. Translating high-level explicit and latent requirements into functional user interfaces
7. Presenting designs and articulating design decisions
8. Communicating design rationale and maintaining consistency throughout the project
9. Executing designs as a part of software development teams
Good working knowledge of Adobe XD
Pay attention to details
Distill simplicity from complex user requirements
Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
At least 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer, User Researcher or comparable role
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Interaction/ Experience/ Visual/ Product design or related field
- Must have worked on large projects as an individual or in the team for mobile and web-based platforms
- Experience of working cross-functionally in agile framework with design, product management, and engineering
- Expertise in digital design tools (Figma, Invision, etc) and well-versed in design systems, pattern libraries, and
- Good command over visual design and knowledge of the design process
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating product/design/sketches that demonstrate an
understanding of design thinking, wireframing, interaction design, visual design, and best practices.
Roles and responsibilities
Candidate should be able to manage cross-functional products
- Candidate should be responsible for research and discovery of assigned product verticals
- creating user journey, user persona, user scenarios, user stories, page flows, and document them and share with
experience designers, PMs, and engineers.
- design and develop design thinking for assigned projects and uplift associate designers skills
- Candidate should be able to manage and execute interface design for assigned product verticals
- visualize and prototype ideas to communicate concepts, conveying design ideas via sketches, wireframes, hi-
fidelity mockups, prototypes, and/or animations
- design and develop design system for assigned projects and uplift associate designers skills
- communicate with associates designers to convert ideas into high fidelity design
- Candidate should be able to manage and execute usability testing of assigned product vertical
- conduct usability testing and responsible for writing interview scripts.
Senior Manager - Research
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale.
upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
- upGrad is the official education partner for the Government of India - Startup India program
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
As a User Research Professional you will establish UX Research practice for your pods and collaborate closely with the product and tech leadership to shape our products. You will work with your peer(s) to set clear methods, standards and metrics for gathering qualitative and quantitative insights to continuously deepen the actionable knowledge of our product teams.
You will work with teams to develop research awareness, skills for engaging learners, community and experts, also knowledge for discerning what is important to take into product or innovation practices. You will maintain the highest level of research rigour across all types of studies and constraints. In addition to laying the foundation for user research for your pods, you will conduct and lead key research activities, applying quantitative or qualitative research methodologies to generate actionable insights for our products, brand and strategic direction. Your success will be the team’s commitment to research practices and knowledge of deep learning practices which are hidden in plain sight from across India's hinterland to metros.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and coach team of UX researchers across any one of the Discovery and Growth, Learning experience, Careers, and Breakout pods
- Partner with User Researchers, Design Leads, Product Managers, and Engineering managers to drive all stages of research from early product direction through summative validation in an Agile work environment
- Lead prioritization about what we research, when to research it, and how that research is conducted; This might mean working with cross-functional teams, multiple devices, brands, and platforms, in order to find opportunities to further improve the user experience
- Influence a diverse set of stakeholders through excellent relationship building, and crisply providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product development
- Put the needs of our varied set of users front and center and driving, through influence and well-constructed presentations of insights, the user experience strategy of our many products
- As a voice of the user, effectively challenge and elevate the customer experience in a data-driven environment
- Design, recruit and moderate research studies regularly (both in-person and remote)
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project in order to provide rich, actionable insights
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- You have 6+ years of experience as a User Research Leader with experience building successful practices inside of companies
- You have to lead a team of at least 4 people
- You have deep knowledge of qualitative research methods and tools across the Indian diaspora, as well as knowledge of quantitative methods
- You know how to analyze and work with design, business, and product data tracking
- You have an excellent knowledge of UX standards, and bring a deep background in psychology, social sciences, or anthropology to the practice
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in both Hind, English, and ideally one other language relevant to our deep reach in India. Any other language is a bonus.
- Your excellent presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of teams and geographies across India.
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- BA or MS in Psychology, Anthropology or Design with a strong focus on User Research is an added bonus
A design lead at Moonraft is a UX design expert with a disruptive approach to design that brings together empathy for users and understanding of business. They must possess a guerrilla-like attitude to quick visioning and lateral thinking combined with the ability to articulate design. Openness and flexibility to appreciate ideas from anywhere is important.
Create and lead the design engagement with UX Strategy, Conceptualization, User Journeys, Information Architecture, Prototyping & Visual Designs for large-scale solutions along with the ability to drive conversations with the skate-holders.
Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research, organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices.
Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings. Understand the target audience deeply, develop user profiles, conduct task analysis, create user scenarios, and navigate smoothly through ambiguity.
Lead development of personas/segmentations based on research findings, integrate personas/ segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps
Facilitate user scenario planning sessions/design thinking workshops with internal teams & clients
Estimate, plan, and lead tracks of creative work/projects in the development of a quality solution track progress according to the plan created for the project (e.g., conduct design reviews and creative status meetings as needed)
Collaborate closely with the engineering team and make sure designs are implemented to meet Moonraft’s quality standards.
Lead participatory design/user testing sessions, present findings & recommendations to cross- functional teams and client stakeholders, and manage operational level client meetings.
Inspire, mentor and support the members of the design team
Qualification and Experience
Masters/Bachelors degree in design discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction, Design Planning, Graphic Design, Product Design, Communication Design or Fine Arts
An online portfolio or samples of work showing relevant experience
Experience with rapid prototyping and familiar with front-end development/technologies
Minimum 5 years of industry experience
Self-directed but also collaborative
Proficiency with tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invisionapp, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and understanding of all the latest tools
Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
We are here to advance the human experience through design-driven innovation. Design, to us, is all about creating new meanings, while art is about self-expression and emotive appeal. Bringing these two creative disciplines together and operating at their intersection with business and technology, we drive business innovations with differentiating customer experience.
We place the human at the center, bringing quantitative and qualitative techniques together to develop consumer insights. Our techno-creative team, bridging consumer insights, business understanding, and advanced technology skills, then builds humanistic technology solutions.
We believe experimentation is at the core of every innovation. Radical innovation, in our view, is just an event recognized in hindsight when a number of trial-and-error attempts spark off a breakthrough. Our approach embraces rapid prototyping and empirical evidence in everything we do. As the name says, we are Moonraft Innovation Labs, driving innovation through experimentation.
"Rafters", who inhabit Moonraft, recognize ideas as the boss. They live by imagination, simplicity, and speed. Our egalitarian culture and environment are designed for rafters to thrive and deliver elegant solutions for complex problems.
Gen Z is the generation of Innovators😎. They’re creators🤹♀️. They’re hustlers🧑💻. They’re dreamers🤴. And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Fyp is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age.
We’re on a mission to help GenZ become smart about money, financially healthy, and happy adults. We are focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
If you’re passionate about delightful user experiences, clear about doing the right thing, hungry to impact millions of lives, and looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
FYP is looking for an experienced design leader who can lead the overall product, design, and UX strategy. We are a design-focused consumer brand that works on physical products, digital products, and mobile apps. We're looking for someone to roll up their sleeves, lead design on individual features, and make design decisions in a role with plenty of room to grow. The ideal candidate is a passionate designer who has a holistic approach to experience, from discovery to delivery - always keeping in mind our customers and their interests!
- To design flows and experiences that are delightful, intuitive, and elegant.
- Execute on a master level with an eagle eye for detail.
- Give feedback on product strategy and design work to continually push the level of quality on the team.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to deliver a world-class experience to our users.
- From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
- Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals, and implement improvements.
- Strive every day to ensure the product is more loved by customers than it was the day before
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design in a product company.
- Strong visual design skills, ideally with experience designing iconography, illustration, and creating motion graphics
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software (mobile/web).
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of design work.
- Clean visual design sense and skills in typography and grids
- Hugely customer-focused with a passion for great customer journeys and experiences
- To be a constant learner. You will be always growing - both personally and with the team
- Experience using data to inform design improvements
- Brownie points 🍪
1) If you have built gamified consumer digital products or have ideas for the same.
2) Illustration skills
3) Creating motion graphics
4) Strong visual design chops
Working at Fyp
- Competitive salary based on experience 🤑
- High potential for growth 🏆
- Health Insurance for Family 🚑
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Subscription to OTT platforms (Amazon Prime, Zee 5, and Hotstar)🤩
- We highly stress creating an enjoyable workplace 🥳