We’re currently looking for rockstar developers to help us build a next-gen social audio community engagement platform. Avalon is hiring for both backend & frontend engineering roles. Our tech stack is majorly Ruby on Rails & React Native.
If you were looking for a rocket-ship, this is it!
As a senior front-end developer our primary requirement is that you are proficient in React Native.
Apart from that the job entails:
- Building new features (while squashing bugs) for our growing mobile app to extend device support especially across the Android ecosystem
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with support from the team
- Collaborate with design, data, and other teams to build beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly
- Guide and improve the technical direction of mobile, bolstering the technical foundational, improving performance, and re-architecting
About Avalon Meta
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Full Stack's clients.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user
- Integrate third-party API's.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required. - Interface with clients via Zoom, email, etc.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of React Native developers who share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Follow Full Stack's detailed development process.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native. - 3+ years of professional software development experience.
-- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are
performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to identify with the goals of Full Stack clients and dedicate yourself to delivering on the
commitments you and your team make to them.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
- A passion for software development. It's not just your career, it's also your hobby. You're constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues.
- Develops mobile apps
- Tests own code using unit testing framework
- Tests app for layout issues using online tools
- Able to understand and adhere to design principles and technical designs explained to him.
- Able to solve algorithmic and platform problems by researching online and trying out solutions
- Minimum 1 year experience in at least 1 of React Native, Xamarin, Android(Java), or Flutter
- Experience building apps with offline synch, multi-factor authentication, and native functions
- Exposure to more than one technology is highly desirable
- Experience in a backend technology like Node.js is desirable
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Designing stateless components in React Native
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Working with the developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the developers to build the interface with a focus on usability features
- Hands on experience with React Native is required
- Hands on experience on Android in creating Hybrid / Native applications
- Demonstrable UI/UX experience on a large-scale app.
- Thorough understanding of React Native development tools like IDEs (Nuclide, Atom, Sublime Text, or Visual
- Good knowledge of JS frameworks like ReactJS is a plus.
- Have published at least one original React Native App.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
Should be able to single-handedly build performant mobile apps on the React Native platform. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open-source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
• Develop compelling mobile application functionality on high-traffic mobile apps and RESTful services.
• Participate in architecture and design of mobile applications and services with developer mentors.
• Ensure cross-platform application compatibility with dominant mobile platforms and versions.
• Apply strong analytical and development skills to troubleshoot and performance tune mobile apps and services.
• Create and update automated unit and acceptance tests to ensure software quality.
• Work closely on an agile team in a collaborative environment.
• Readily able to monitor environments and troubleshoot unforeseen problems.
• Advanced understanding of React
• Experience with React Native strongly preferred
• Understanding of Redux and Redux-Saga
• Good technical skills & SOLID design principles (e.g., design patterns)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Role & Requirements
- 7+ years of full-time iOS engineering experience with strong expertise in React Native and deep understanding of iOS SDK.
- Proficient in object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git).
- Strong focus on building high-quality mobile UI experiences. Passion about delivering software that delights our end users.
- Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills; ability to influence others within your team and outside your team.
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications.
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Attention to detail, particularly around software engineering fundamentals, testing methodologies and quality.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: Believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and entrepreneurial acumen: Understand requirements and business use cases beyond the written word.
We are looking for an experienced mobile developer to join Triveous and help us in our journey to create world-class mobile products. She/He will be responsible for executing the entire mobile app development lifecycle. That includes understanding product requirements, writing requirement-related documentation, and writing high-quality code and tests.
You need to have a solid track record of building real-world mobile products that have been launched on the play/app store.
Since this is a remote role, you would need to be self-motivated and proactive in all the work that you do.
Main Responsibilities And Key Activities
- Build great native and cross-platform applications using industry best practices
- Analyze, debug and solve complex technical issues
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Break down high-level technical requirements into specific implementation stories
- Show ownership on project features
Qualifications And Professional Knowledge
- Should have at least 2 years of work experience in native Cross-platform frameworks like Flutter/React Native and Android
- Should have published one or more apps on the play/app store
- Must have strong expertise in programming languages like Kotlin or Dart
- Very strong in computer fundamentals, data structures, and database design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Location: Remote(Preferably located in India)
Starting out, we are building a platform to consult with our ‘Astro-advisors’ and engage in
wellness-focused activity-led content, called activity packs offered post consult. The packs will contain a wide range of activities like meditation, yoga, chants, affirmations, gratitude journaling, and other astrology related remedies. Over time we will expand to other advisors as well. A differentiated and highly trained supply and our content IP will be the two pillars of the business.
Aniket Lila, Co-Founder, CEO
• Investment Team at Nexus Venture Partners (largest homegrown VC in India, an early
investor in companies like Zomato, Snapdeal, Unacademy, Delhivery, Whitehat Jr, Postman, Druva)
• Corporate Development, Albertsons (2nd largest grocery store retailer in the US)
• BSc from Northwestern University, US
We are a team of 5 across product, content, ops, and business.
We have closed a seed round from Nexus Venture Partners, Titan Capital (Snapdeal
founders) and high-value angels like Srini (Elance / Upwork), Ramakant (Livspace) and Vinay (President, Jio) and Farid (Sharechat). We are in stealth and currently building the first version of the product and hiring a kickass team.
We are looking for a hands-on lead mobile developer (iOS & Android) to join our core team with experience in building products from scratch into large-scale platforms and solving business problems leveraging new and innovative technology.
Roles and responsibilities:
● Design and build advanced applications for the React Native platform working
individually and in a team
● Work as per the defined project priorities and project schedules to complete the
assigned projects within allotted timelines
● Interact with the cross-functional team for the day to day development tasks and hurdles
● Adhere to agile development methodologies
● Maintain the quality and security of the assigned development tasks by applying the best design and development guidelines as defined in the project
Experience you MUST have:
Apps Development using progressive web technologies for both iOS & Android.
● Built progressive apps using GUI Camera, GPS API, Maps API, Services, and
SQLite database programming.
● Using client apps for version control systems like SVN, Git, etc
● Code review tools/applications like Gerrit, code collaborator, JIRA
● Web services integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
● Working with third-party libraries, APIs and on projects run as per Agile
● Good knowledge in socket programming, device communication, Design
patterns, and writing unit test cases (This is a plus)
● Knowledge in In-App purchase, Push Notifications and publishing end-to-end apps
on Google PlayStore and Apple App Store.
● Experience in video streaming and call / chat-based products is a big plus
● Experience in working with global remote teams is a plus
Skills/mindset you MUST have:
● Product-first thinking - Break complex problems into implementable solutions with
an iterative mindset using the product
● Whole-brain problem solving - Uses right and left sides of the brain effectively -
Strong business judgment and analytical acumen with creative thinking
● Thrives in chaos - Comfortable with ambiguity but loves defining the boundaries
and parameters and getting shit done
● Communicate, care, inspire - Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - be
a leader and a team player
● Always push the bar - Strive for excellence in whatever you do, take ownership
and responsibility for outcomes
● Build fast, fail, learn, HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE
● Want to have fun - if you are not happy and people around you are not happy, how
will we make the world a happier place? :)
● Curious and spiritual soul - Understanding of market and experience with
astrology, yoga, mediation, Art of Living, Isha Yoga would be a good plus
Why Astrology? $10B market with a target audience of 200M with 2M astrologers. Astrology is a 4,000-year-old trusted belief system which gives probabilistic insights into the future. People go to astrologers with problems (love and career majorly). They are at low points in their lives and are seeking help. They need guidance and motivation. Just like religion, astrology too gives us hope and brings positivity in our lives.
We want to bring a breath of fresh air to the industry and disrupt the industry using technology and product-first thinking. We want to build a trusted, positive, and relevant wellness brand for today’s audience and build the largest spiritual lifestyle brand in India.
We’re obsessed about delivering the best hospitality at most value for-money prices.
We love tackling & solving hard, challenging problems with simple, smart & effective solutions. We’ve travelled across India as students and consultants, with family & with friends, and each time, we found that no brand was able to offer travellers what they really want - a "What you see is what you get" budget hotel stay! This is why we
What is FabHotels? With technology at the center of consumer experience and backend operations, we’re building India’s largest & most preferred chain of economy hotels. Currently, with a network of 600+ hotels across 50+ cities, we manage 12000+ rooms and deliver best-in-class hospitality at the most affordable prices. In 5 years since inception, we have become larger than many established traditional hotel chains and are on track to become the largest Indian hotel chain in the next 18-24 months.\
Founded by Bain alumni, Vaibhav Aggarwal & Adarssh Mnpuria, FabHotels has raised >$40Mn. till date and is backed by leading VC firm Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Accel Partners, Qualcomm Ventures, Aarin Capital & RB Capital. We're always looking for young, hungry & self-driven individuals, who want more than a 10-7 desk job and to make a significant contribution in creating a first-in-class Indian hospitality brand!
Experience: 2-3 years as iOS Developer or iOS + React Native Developer
● 1-2 years experience in React-Native based app development
● 1-3 years experience in Mobile app development (React-Native + iOS)
● Hands on experience in Redux
● Knows how to embed React-Native in a native(iOS/Android) component and vice versa
● Strong hold on JS/ CSS fundamentals
● Development experience of UI (layouts, animations, etc.)
● Experience of customizing libraries
● Good understanding of Design and Architecture Patterns
● Strong focus on app performance
● Experience in iOS development
● Willingness to learn and work in React Native
Good to have:
● Experience in unit testing
Designation: App Developer
- Implementing designs and coordinating the frontend development and required backend for it.
- Working on back-end development tasks and designing architecture for the same.
- Performing research and find opportunities to utilise web development best practices, forming guidelines to improve system productivity, and working on scaling and monitoring.
- Working with cross-functional teams to maintain and make sure the product should be scalable, maintainable and secure.
- Coordinating with multiple junior team members for the development of the tasks & projects
- Developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflow.
- Architecting the application out in clean MVC kind of architectures in ReactNative for Android/ iOS app development.
- Developing APIs with MVC frameworks in Java / Python.
- Designing and building REST APIs.
- Building on and maintaining services on cloud platforms.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1+ years of experience working as Android or React Native development
- Built an application from scratch earlier.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- The ability to own end to end responsibility - right from requirement to release.
- Willingness and enthusiasm drive to learn new technologies.
- The ability to pick the right tools for the job.
- Desire and ability to play different roles as necessary
- If Android, you should have strong understanding of activity lifecycle, other components like service, broadcast receiver.
- Core knowledge in Rxjava, Rxandroid, retrofit etc. and can work with Kotlin programming language.
- If React Native, should be well versed with React JS and React Native.