Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open-source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, headquartered in Singapore. We enable digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting, and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises in the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open-source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, NGINX, Sysdig, Redis Labs, Confluent, and HashiCorp as their key partners in the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solutions to our customers using open source software. We passionately believe in the power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange, we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of the team for an upcoming project at client location.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferably have a working experience of 4 Years and more , on production PostgreSQL DBs.
- Experience of working in a production support environment
- Engineering or Equivalent degree
- Passion for open-source technologies is desired
- Install & Configure PostgreSQL, Enterprise DB
- Technical capabilities PostgreSQL 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
- Server tuning
- Troubleshooting of Database issues
- Linux Shell Scripting
- Install, Configure and maintain Fail Over mechanism
- Backup - Restoration, Point in time database recovery
- A demonstrable ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms, software and technologies.
- A real passion for being curious and a continuous learner. You are someone that invests in yourself as much as you invest in your professional relationships.
- Monitoring database performance
- Optimizing Queries and handle escalations
- Analyse and assess the impact and risk of low to medium risk changes on high profile production databases
- Implement security features
- DR implementation and switch over
Experience: 8 yrs plus
Package: upto 17 LPA
We are hiring for
Senior Application Support Engineer - BankingStack
6-10 yrs | Bangalore Office
What you will be doing?
● Provide support in tuning applications and infrastructure
● Design, develop, test, and implement new configurations, architectures, and standards
● Provide guidance, to customers, 3rd party integration specialists, and/or
internal teams, on solutions to increase application availability,redundancy,scalability, and performance
● Assist customers and internal teams to automate processes and incorporate devops methodologies
● Provide leadership and guidance when customer application-level downtime issues arise and provide RCA support as requested.
● Show ownership of issues through resolution and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers via phone, tickets, and email
● Key Performance Indicators
● Customer/Internal Feedback (delivered via email & phone)
● Stability and performance of customer applications, as relates to customer uptime, using internal monitoring tools
● Customer retention and growth as a result of consistently delivering high levels of service & support around customer application stability
Design and implement robust database solutions including
Security, backup and recovery
Performance, scalability, monitoring and tuning,
Data management and capacity planning,
Planning, and implementing failover between database instances.
Create data architecture strategies for each subject area of the enterprise data model.
Communicate plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
Collaborate with the business, architects and other IT organizations to plan a data strategy, sharing important information related to database concerns and constrains
Produce all project data architecture deliverables..
Create and maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts.
Understanding of data analysis, business principles, and operations
Software architecture and design Network design and implementation
Data visualization, data migration and data modelling
Relational database management systems
DBMS software, including SQL Server
Database and cloud computing design, architectures and data lakes
Information management and data processing on multiple platforms
Agile methodologies and enterprise resource planning implementation
Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance tuning, backup and recovery, monitoring.
Excellent skills with advanced features such as database encryption, replication, partitioning, etc.
Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skill.
The role encompasses administration of and responsible for MongoDB database and will be responsible for ensuring the database performance, high availability, and security of clusters in MongoDB instances.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that database management policies, processes and procedures are followed, adhering to ITIL good practice principles and are subjected to continuous improvement as per PCI standards.
- He / She will be responsible for reviewing system design changes to ensure they adhere to expected service standards and recommend changes to ensure maximum stability, availability and efficiency of the supported applications.
- The candidate should understand the application functionality, business logic and work with application stakeholders to understand the requirement and discuss the new application features and propose the right solutions.
What you'll do
- Install, deploy and manage MongoDB on physical and virtual machines
- Create, configure and monitor large-scale, secure, MongoDB sharded clusters
- Support MongoDB in a high availability, multi-datacenter environment
- Administer MongoDB Ops Manager monitoring, backups and automation
- Configure and monitor numerous MongoDB instances and replica sets
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
- Improve database backups and test recoverability regularly
- Study the database needs of our applications and optimize them using MongoDB
- Maintain database performance and capacity planning
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
- All database administration tasks like backup, restore, SQL optimizations, provisioning infrastructure, setting up graphing, monitoring and alerting tools, replication
- Performance tuning for high throughput
- Architecting high availability servers
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 years of experience in MongoDB technologies, Total should be 3 years in database administration.
- Install, Deploy and Manage MongoDB on Physical, Virtual, AWS EC2 instances
- Should have experience on MongoDB Active Active sharded cluster setup with high availability
- Should have experience on administrating MongoDB on Linux platform
- Experience on MongoDB version upgrade, preferably from version 4.0 to 4.4, on production environment with a zero or very minimum application down time, either with ops manager or custom script
- Experience on building the database monitoring using tools like, AppD, ELK, Grafana etc.
- Experience in Database performance tuning which include both script tuning and hardware configuration and capacity planning.
- Good Understanding and experience with Mongodb sharding and Disaster Recovery plan
- Design and implement the backup strategy and BCP process across the MongoDB environments. Maintain the uniform backup strategy across the platform
- Define the database monitoring, monitoring thresholds, alerts, validate the notifications and maintain the documents for the future references
- Database performance tuning based on the application requirement and maintain the stable environment. Analyse the existing mongodb queries behalf of the performance improvement program
- Work with engineering team to understand the database requirement and guide them the best practice and optimize the queries to get the better performance
- Work with application stake holders to understand the production requirement and propose the effective database solutions
- Review and understand the ongoing business reports and create new adhoc reports based on the requirement
- 2-3 years of experience in development using core Java, Spring Boot Framework
- Should have knowledge of Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of RDBMS like PostGreSQL
- Having worked with tools like bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira etc would be an added advantage
- Should have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in multi-threaded server side Java programming
- Working knowledge on web services.
- Working knowledge on hibernate and springs framework.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Should have worked in SDLC environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively within a team
Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, headquartered in Singapore. We enable digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting, and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises in the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, NGINX, Sysdig, Redis Labs, Confluent, and HashiCorp as their key partners in the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of technical support team. You will be responsible for solving technical problems to ensure uptime. You will assist customers with their technical issues and questions around specific technology, including configuration and tuning and performance. Successful candidate should understand the importance of ownership of the problem and way to get it solved by leveraging the team in given time.
- Be the First point of contact for support queries
- Be responsible for solving customer queries and tickets in timely manner.
- Communicate with customer and internal team regarding problems reported and solved status in timely and effective manner.
- Log monitoring, event monitoring and resolving tickets in defined SLA.
- Apply updates and patches to keep the software up-to-date in line with organizational policies
- Provide support for installation and configuration.
- Monitor and identify areas of performance improvement
- Identify and write scripts for automating support tasks.
- Communicate effectively internally and with product support team to reproduce, resolve support cases and document them.
- Hands-On experience and skills in Linux operating system
- Knowledge of ELK stack or relevant technologies such as SolaR, Splunk etc.
- Good understanding of Indices Mapping , Index management such as archiving, reindexing, sharding etc.
- Good understanding of Analytical data structure and experience in deployment of same in the form of Reports and Dashboards
- Experience in NoSQL or RDBMS technology is desirable
- Python/Node.js or relevant data processing programming experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Designing and Developing data pipeline using ETL tool such as Elastic Stack.
- Knowledge of real-time data collection with various data sources.
- Experience in deploying scalable Elastic cluster is desirable
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 -4 years of experience in technical support role.
- At least 2+ years experience working across multi-cultural and geographically distributed teams
- Experience in trouble shooting, maintaining and supporting production setup
- Engineering or equivalent degree
- Ability to interact effectively with customers for problem resolution.
- Sense of urgency and ownership to get problems solved in timely manner
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work on multiple tickets/ support cases effectively and to be able to manage the time critical tasks.
Experience: Minimum 2 yrs
Package: upto 8 LPA
· Primarily responsible for working on various service requests related to maintaining database security (roles, privileges, authentication), creating schema and copying data
· Work on installation, configuration, creation and administration of HP Vertica database clusters and AWS RDS MySQL database.
· Work with platform, product and other support teams to participate in release and change management processes to implement new features/functions as well support mandatory patches or upgrade activities on weekends.
· Responsible for database performance tuning, query tuning and database operations including migration and upgrade.
· Plan and implement periodic upgrades of database schema and perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades.
· Configure and manage database backup and restore, participate in Disaster Recovery
· Create and maintain documentation, procedures and best practice guides for database deployment and maintenance.
Who We Are
Getir is a technology company, a pioneer of the online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business, that has transformed the way in which millions of people across the world consume groceries. We believe in a world where getting everything you need, when you need it, sustainably, is the new normal.
Getir is growing incredibly fast in Europe, but we want to grow globally. From London to Tokyo, Sao Paulo to New York, our global ambitions can only be accomplished with exceptional technology.
If you've got the experience and the ambition to be a Database Administrator (Postgres) at Getir and a founding part of our technology hub in Bangalore, please apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with engineering and other teams to build & maintain our database requirements and answer big data questions
- Use your past DBA experience and industry wide best practices to scale and optimize the database services.
- Regularly conduct database health monitoring and diagnostics
- Create processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors.
- Document and update procedures and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
What we look for in you:
- You have A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Proficiency administering PostgreSQL
- Extensive experience performing general troubleshooting database maintenance activities including backup and recovery, capacity planning, and managing user accounts.
- Experience in identifying and documenting risk areas and mitigation strategies for process and procedure activities.
- Experience in managing schemas, indexing, objects, and partitioning the tables.
- Experience in managing system configurations.
- Experience creating data design models, database architecture, and data repository design.
- Strong understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans.
- Linux shell scripting skills and experience with production Linux environments
- Experience working with software engineers in a highly technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge administering MongoDB (Good to have)
- Knowledge administering Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL & Redshift. (Good to have)
Senior Cloud Service DBA
Department & Team
Senior DBA – Team Lead
This role will be a mix of project, BAU and innovation and will encompass typical database administration duties that you may expect in a large-scale telecommunications environment: performance tuning, replication, database design, backups, high availability, encryption, security, configuration etc.
1. Network Services Team – Responsible for IP Network and its associated components
2. Infrastructure Team – Responsible for Server and Storage systems
3. Database Services Team – Responsible for all Databases
4. Cloud Architect Team – Delivering future strategy, ongoing cloud performance optimisation.
The DBA function forms part of Client’s Tier 3 support function and works closely with the internal NOC, Service Desk, Infrastructure, IP Networks and Cloud Architect teams. To enable the business in achieving its stated objectives by assisting the other technology teams to achieve world-class benchmarks of customer service and support.
To highlight, a key requirement of the role will be involvement in defining our future strategy around database modernisation in the cloud.
· Involved in new solutions design discussions and to recommend suitable, secure, performance optimised database offerings based on business requirements
· Ensure all databases in the AWS and Azure are configured for performance, scale and high availability where required
· Take responsibility of modernisation of Clients database estate in the cloud, leveraging open source technologies and cloud native hosting platforms
· Drive innovation by constantly reviewing latest public cloud platform database service releases such as Babelfish in AWS to fast track adoption of native services
· Ensure security considerations are at the forefront when designing and managing database solutions
· Optimise query performance
· Ensure all key databases have deep insight monitoring enabled to enable improved capabilities around fault detection
· Perform regular database maintenance when required and ensure databases are backed up according to agreed RTO / RPO information
· Maintenance work to be planned meticulously to minimise/eradicate self-inflicted P1 outages
· Monitoring database costs regularly and identify strategies to minimize cost as part of internal FinOps practices
· Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
· Provisioning, deployment, monitoring cloud environment using automation tools like Terraform
Skills & Experience:
· SQL Server Database Administration - REQUIRED
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate – Highly Desirable
· AWS Certified Database Specialty – REQUIRED
· Azure Database Administrator Associate – Highly Desirable
Skills & Experience:
· Ideal candidate has been supporting traditional server based relational databases for over 8 years who then transitioned into AWS and Azure public cloud for the last 5 years
· SQL Server / MSSQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 / 2017 / 2019 (including Always-On and Analysis Services)
· Postgres / MYSQL as standalone and managed service platforms
· Strong database migration experience (Particularly MSSQL to open source and leveraging AWS native platforms including RDS, Athena, Aurora)
· Extensive AWS experience in a commercial environment, architecting database best practices
· Strong experience supporting AWS / Azure based datalake/data warehouse environments. Required to support internal BI teams
· Solid experience and understanding which workloads are best suitable for which specific database platforms in AWS and Azure
· Extensive experience and understanding of database security, including appropriate encryption and authentication best practices
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
· Good knowledge of Azure cloud database services
· Any working experience around non-relational databases (internally hosted or managed service such as DynamoDB in AWS will be favoured)
· Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems
· Excellent presentation skills to both an internal and external audience
· The ability to share and communicate your specific expertise to the rest of the Technology group
· Professional appearance and manner
· High personal drive; results-oriented; make things happen; “can-do attitude”
· Can work and adapt within a highly dynamic and growing environment
· Team Player; effective at building close working relationships with others
· Effectively manages diversity within the workplace
· Strong focus on service delivery and the needs and satisfaction of internal clients
· Able to see issues from a global, regional and corporate perspective
· Able to effectively plan and manage large projects
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills at all levels
· Strong analytical, presentation and training skills
· Innovative and creative
· Visionary and strategic view of technology enablers (creative and innovative)
· High verbal and written communication ability, able to influence effectively at all levels
· Possesses technical expertise and knowledge to lead by example and input into technical debates
· Depth and breadth of experience in infrastructure technologies
· Enterprise mentality and a global mindset
· Sense of humour
Role Key Performance Indicators:
· Design and deliver repeatable, best in class, cloud database solutions
· Pro-actively monitor service quality and take action to scale operational services, in line with business growth
· Generate operating efficiencies, to be agreed with Infrastructure Services Manager
· Establish a “best in sector” level of operational service delivery and insight
· Help creates an effective team
· Continuous improvement
- Operating systems - Windows Server/Windows Client.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting Windows OS and application related issues.
- Infrastructure technologies - AD (Active Directory), DNS, DHCP, IIS
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite
-Strong foundation of Networking Principles.
- Web servers like Apache/Tomcat
Job Description : As a L3 Product Support, you will need to :
- Should have a minimum of 4+ years of L2 / L3 level Support experience.
- Should be able to interface with the customer's IT teams.
- Should have very good communication skills.
- The candidate should have a good understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, Databases like Oracle/MSSQL, LDAP, J2EE web servers like Apache/Tomcat, SSL connectivity.
- Flexible and open to traveling as he/she may need to frequently travel to customer locations.