EWar is looking for a Design Lead who can help drive the Design Team at the company. This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You'll help not only lead the EWar experience but inspire and elevate the team by producing work that is always raising the bar and taking a user experience first approach to solving problems. Your work will allow our customers to feel delighted every time they use our product.
- Lead design projects and contribute to product strategy: visually and linguistically.
- Plan and design memorable user interfaces that are iconic and usable across our iOS, Android, and web platforms.
- Deliver wireframes and prototypes to help people visualize your design ideas.
- Push the bounds of creativity using the latest design techniques and languages.
- Good knowledge of graphic/visual design.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to get crazy ideas to life.
- Penchant for learning and building with new design tools and frameworks.
- No challenge is too big to solve; love thinking about products and am excited to ideate & build all by yourself.
- Proficiency in Sketch (Component system), Adobe XD, Illustrator, or any other tool that helps you churn out a great design.
- Awesome design portfolio.
- People who can solve problems & create engaging experiences.
- If you want things just like you imagined and are obsessed with those small details.
- If you don't stop at the design step but go forward and look after it until it's perfect.
- If you bring new ideas, try many things and bring a fresh perspective.
- People who speak out their minds, but we love thinkers and doers.
- Knowledge of front-end development.
- Anything else that can surprise us.
About EWar Games
If playign around design for Indian users has been one of the aspirations of design career, then we have an exciting opportunity for you at Pratilipi. Pratilipi is India's largest digital storytelling platform that lets users read and write stories in 12 Indian languages. We have around 3 crore users coming every month to read stories on platform.
Graphic Design Lead for Pratilipi will directly work with the Growth/marketing team. The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work which demonstrates their passion for illustrative design, Image morphing and typography for Indian users.
Note - While technical design skills are a must and obvious, we are specially looking for someone who has been in a similar role in the past and can take high ownership to lead creative design effort at Pratilipi, is always curious to learn & explore and willing to compete with their previous best performance
* Take ownership and collaborate with the growth/marketing team to launch new creative experiments for different objective/goals and ensure consistency of designs across app, web & marketing.
* Should be comfortable designing creatives in Indian regional languages
* Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
* Study design briefs and determine requirements
* Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
* Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
* Work with product & language team to produce final design
* Amend designs after feedback
* Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
* Proven graphic designing experience of at least 3 years
* A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
* Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
* A keen eye for aesthetics and details
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
At Pratilipi, you get an opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in one of the best startup culture at Pratilipi.
- Participate in creative meetings to understand requirements and ideate.
- Develop innovative designs for all marketing and branding initiatives - illustration, infographics, etc.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles to produce logical wireframes for Engagement event, stores and emailers.
- Demonstrate solid conceptual, visualisation, and communication skills during all phases of creative development from inquiry to delivery.
- Refine images, fonts and layouts for landing pages, websites, etc.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in art/ design/ creative multimedia/ industrial design or equivalent.
- Experience in UI/UX, graphic design, branding, illustrations, etc, for creative agencies/ web companies/ e-commerce industry, etc.
- Experience in basic graphic design software- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, etc.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas.
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership.
Proven graphic designing experience -
• A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
• Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Adobe XD, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
• Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Senior Manager - Research
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale.
upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
- upGrad is the official education partner for the Government of India - Startup India program
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
As a User Research Professional you will establish UX Research practice for your pods and collaborate closely with the product and tech leadership to shape our products. You will work with your peer(s) to set clear methods, standards and metrics for gathering qualitative and quantitative insights to continuously deepen the actionable knowledge of our product teams.
You will work with teams to develop research awareness, skills for engaging learners, community and experts, also knowledge for discerning what is important to take into product or innovation practices. You will maintain the highest level of research rigour across all types of studies and constraints. In addition to laying the foundation for user research for your pods, you will conduct and lead key research activities, applying quantitative or qualitative research methodologies to generate actionable insights for our products, brand and strategic direction. Your success will be the team’s commitment to research practices and knowledge of deep learning practices which are hidden in plain sight from across India's hinterland to metros.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and coach team of UX researchers across any one of the Discovery and Growth, Learning experience, Careers, and Breakout pods
- Partner with User Researchers, Design Leads, Product Managers, and Engineering managers to drive all stages of research from early product direction through summative validation in an Agile work environment
- Lead prioritization about what we research, when to research it, and how that research is conducted; This might mean working with cross-functional teams, multiple devices, brands, and platforms, in order to find opportunities to further improve the user experience
- Influence a diverse set of stakeholders through excellent relationship building, and crisply providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product development
- Put the needs of our varied set of users front and center and driving, through influence and well-constructed presentations of insights, the user experience strategy of our many products
- As a voice of the user, effectively challenge and elevate the customer experience in a data-driven environment
- Design, recruit and moderate research studies regularly (both in-person and remote)
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project in order to provide rich, actionable insights
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- You have 6+ years of experience as a User Research Leader with experience building successful practices inside of companies
- You have to lead a team of at least 4 people
- You have deep knowledge of qualitative research methods and tools across the Indian diaspora, as well as knowledge of quantitative methods
- You know how to analyze and work with design, business, and product data tracking
- You have an excellent knowledge of UX standards, and bring a deep background in psychology, social sciences, or anthropology to the practice
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in both Hind, English, and ideally one other language relevant to our deep reach in India. Any other language is a bonus.
- Your excellent presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of teams and geographies across India.
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- BA or MS in Psychology, Anthropology or Design with a strong focus on User Research is an added bonus
- Taking the Zocket product from its wireframes to launch level design across platforms (Android, Web, IoS)
- Coordinate with product managers, developers to bring the product to life within deadline
- Working knowledge in Adobe XD, Figma or similar platforms is expected
- An experience in UI designing of 2+ years is desirable
You will start your journey at Smart Owls as an individual contributor working in a team to introduce and showcase the unique way in which Smart Owls help institutes to go online.
We're looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into interactive layouts.
We aim to delight users with a simple and functional design.
What you'll do:
Create UI/UX design of Mobile and Web applications that will truly delight our users Create interactive consumer and business applications by developing concepts, layouts, design system for the product.
Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
Work closely with the other teams to develop user scenarios, storyboards, and high-level requirements.
We are looking for people who have: 1 year of experience in Product design/ Interaction design.
Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
You have helped build products.
Hands-on experience with design software like Sketch (Mandatory), Photoshop, Invision, and Zeplin.
Being open to feedback, and willingness to implement changes based on feedback and requirements