- Threat and vulnerability analysis.
- Investigating, documenting, and reporting on any information security (InfoSec) issues as well as emerging trends.
- Analysis and response to previously unknown hardware and software vulnerabilities.
- Preparing disaster recovery plans.
SOC analysts are considered the last line of defense and they usually work as part of a large security team, working alongside security managers and cybersecurity engineers. Typically, SOC analysts report to the company’s chief information security officer (CISO).
SOC analysts need to be detail oriented because they are responsible for monitoring many aspects simultaneously. They need to watch the protected network and respond to threats and events. The level of responsibility typically depends on the size of the organization.
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash Kibana) Administration and Implementation.
- Experience on implementing the Syslog NG on Unix/Linux Platform.
- Experiance in Information/Cyber Security