We intend to make commuting very:
Easy and Convenient: Just at the tap of a button
Real-time: Book real-time and find a rider within minutes
Economical: The cheapest way to commute intracity
Fast: Save time in traffic jams
Safe: See the slew of safety features here.
Social: Make new friends everyday while commuting
Jobs at Rapido
- Own the delivery of multiple features of the product end to end while hands-on in development as well
- Advocate best development practices such as continuous integration/continuous delivery, automation (testing and infrastructure) and code modularity, extensibility, quality
- Adopt security- first approach in the product development and ensure automated and manual security checks in place across the delivery pipeline
- Lead by example and mentor other developers in the team both technically and professionally
- Support other Senior Product Engineers and contribute to their growth professionally
- Work with tech leads and the team to ensure shared technology vision and develop state of the art design and architecture for any product development
- Work with other functions such as testing, analysis, infra management, support to ensure faster delivery of products
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with broader team in order to share understanding of product functionality, features, and technology vision
- Look out for technology trends across the industry and apply relevant developments to the products
- Work with the decentralised application business owners to ensure their vision is realised through efficient technology and delivery timelines
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop personally and professional outside of the confinement of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Must have extensive hands on experiencing designing and building mobile applications on Android
- Must have excellent programming, debugging and scripting skills with a solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Must have ability to learn/iterate quickly in a rapidly changing technical stack with nascent codebase and developer tools
- Must possess a passion for delivery-focused development, and overcoming challenges through teamwork and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate technical vision and direction of the product and make significant impacts to technology and design choices
- Architectural design while leading and inspiring software development teams
- Leading development of large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Continuous integration tools and test automation
- Managing systems in production and understands release process, monitoring, and debugging
- Working and developing in agile environment working with XP/Scrum development practices
- Expertise in end to end Android development and release management
- Knowledge of software practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, Encapsulation etc
- Hands on experience managing databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Exposure to event driven systems and event streaming engines like Kafka
- Good knowledge of DevOps tooling like docker, kubernetes, ansible/chef, AWS.
- Solid OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
What you will do :
We are looking for a Technical Architect to design the structure of our IT systems and oversee programs to ensure the proper architecture is implemented.
Should have experience in data modelling, distributed system design, Microservice architecture and communications protocol and is passionate about writing code and the art of management
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. We'd also like you to have hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex programs. Overseeing development and implementation of programs. Providing technical leadership and support to software development teams. Your goal will be to ensure our internal IT framework operates properly.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e. g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with various operating systems
- Experience in cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer.
- Database (SQL/Mysql/NO SQL).Good to have Kafka/queuing/messaging system.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Excellent analytical and time and people management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Develop detailed test strategy and test plans for various features at the functional and system level.
- Be a gatekeeper for the quality of any product going out in the market from Rapido including customer experiences.
- Integral members of SDLC right from product requirements gathering phase to design reviews till the delivery of the product.
- Maintain a staging environment to effectively verify and validate the products.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by preparing a detailed capability matrix to map features to the functional requirements of the test plan and for defining the acceptance criteria.
- Effectively develop an automation to improve efficiency/productivity.
- Expertise in developing automation framework for mobile apps, web UI, APIs using appropriate open source tools like Appium, Selenium, SOAP UI, Rest Assured etc.
- Fluent with OOPS concepts and any one programming language like Java, Python etc.
- Cover all dimensions of Rapido’s product which includes features/functionality, scale/load, usability, and performance.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD driven test processes is an added benefit.
- Analyze defects to assess the severity and prioritize them for development to fix.
- Work with software developers to tune code and track all problem reports to closure. Analyze test results to ensure functionality and recommend appropriate action.
- Mentor QAs within the team.
- Graduation/Masters in computer science
- 2-7 Years of relevant experience
- Round 1 – Technical Interview 1
- Round 2 – Technical Interview 2
- Round 3 – Managerial Round
- Round 4 – HR Round
People hiring at Rapido
Meru Cab Company Pvt. Ltd.
About the company
ONN BIKES (Motocruizer Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.)
About the company