We intend to make commuting very:
Easy and Convenient: Just at the tap of a button
Real-time: Book real-time and find a rider within minutes
Economical: The cheapest way to commute intracity
Fast: Save time in traffic jams
Safe: See the slew of safety features here.
Social: Make new friends everyday while commuting
Lead Software Engineer - Backend
It is evolving the way people discover the world by connecting them with exceptional experiences in their city at the push of a button. We are building a magical platform that gets everyone to head out and have fun in a matter of seconds; no matter where you are and what you want to do. We are combining a delightful product experience, data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network, and world-class operations to solve a huge basic human problem: how do we have a good time?
We’re growing rapidly with over $200M in annualized sales, 150,000 monthly transactions and profitable unit economics. We are backed by some of the finest investors in Silicon Valley & India.
We like to solve real-world problems in the simplest, most elegant manner possible. We’re looking for a QA Lead with the ability and passion for building solutions to people-centered problems that are created at the intersection of human behavior and technology. You should also be capable of building and mentoring a fast-growing passionate, young, and talented team. We love folks who have a sense of humor and know how to have fun.Dream, build and iterate. That's our mantra. Because good just isn't good enough.
👩💻 The Role
- Full responsibility of designing and building core modules on the application and infrastructure layer.
- Lead a fast-growing team of young, passionate, talented and fun loving superstars.
- Solve challenging architectural and design problems.
- Get your hands dirty with clustering, replication, databases, build systems and infrastructure automation etc.
- Be responsible for building concurrent, performant and scalable services which will power the entire Headout ecosystem.
- Build and contribute to open-source libraries and components.
🌟 Our Dream Engineer
- A penchant for learning and building with new technologies and frameworks.
- You love working with people and have worked in a lead position in the past.
- A knack for writing the most performance optimized code along with it being modular and scalable.
- No challenge is too big to solve; love thinking product and excited to ideate & build stuff all by yourself.
- You're interested in being an early employee at a growing company, with the influence and responsibility that entails.
- You have broad and deep knowledge across a variety of contemporary technologies.
💝 We like
- Strong CS fundamentals, good working knowledge of classic algorithms and data structures.
- 2+years experience developing server-side technologies using any language or framework.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills.
- Experience working with Spring, Relational Databases, Concurrent Programming, NoSQL flavors, AWS.
- Experience designing scalable, fault-tolerant systems and databases.
- Experience with setting setting up systems and infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of how the web works and its underlying communication protocols.
- People who can't live without solving that algorithm problem that they just stumbled upon.
- People who will give up anything to squeeze in that last bit-level performance.
- Anything else than can surprise us.
- Nice to Haves: An interest in travel, local experiences & hospitality.
1. You need to be excited about the problem that we are trying to solve
2. Should have excellent command over ruby on rails with a minimum experience of
3. Additional knowledge in Golang will be an advantage
4. Strong Data Structures and Algorithms knowledge
5. Should have created APIs from scratch which is being used in Production
6. Should be comfortable with creating systems handling up to 100k requests per
minute, and have a mindset that understands scale
7. Ability to give clarity and communicate well with the team, including Product,
Backend and Dev-Ops (if and when needed)
8. Ability to use profiling tools well, getting to root causes of bugs fast
9. Ability to pick and work on adjacent technologies if and when required (Eg: If the
best performance monitoring solution needs a basic firebase setup, that should
not be a blocker for you to go ahead and do so)
10.Knowledge of how to set up relevant test cases
11. You need to be comfortable working in a remote environment (Have your own
laptop, good internet connection, availability on phone are required)
Good to have
1. App Development experience
2. Experience in Test Driven Development
3. Ability to tell Product what creates better User Experience, ability to tell frontend
what API responses will help the user get a faster load time
4. Inquisitiveness to understand the system as a whole, and not only be stuck to
your domain of expertise (Eg: Figure out why excessive APIs calls are being
made, brainstorm with Product and Frontend team to reduce the same without
harming the UX )
5. Experience in working on a Social Media Product
6. Good knowledge of Graphs, and their applications
7. Data-Driven Approach to monitoring
1. Work timings - You are the master of your time
2. Leave policy - Take a leave whenever for whatever reason you want. You don't
need to explain yourself to us
3. Industry standard salary
Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Build efficient, testable, and reusable Node JS modules
End-to-end ownership of modules, including designing, development, validation, deployment
Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of NODE JS.
Familiarity with One OOPS language
Familiarity with Workers/child processes & performance tuning
Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages (MySQL, and Mongo dB)
Strong knowledge of the common NODE JS or web server exploits and their solutions
We are looking for Interns or 0-1 Year experienced person for our IoT Division based out of Bangalore. Option for Work from Home is also available.
Any Graduate in Computer Science / Electronics / Information Science / Instrumentation from reputed institutions
Required Skills Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in Python with FastAPI must.
- 1+ years of experience in working with a database like PostgreSQL.
- Experience of working on any Linux based OS
- Experience of working on AWS
- Understanding of micro-services.
- Should be able to meet SLAs as per the priorities.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Desired Skills Experience:
- Knowledge of Python, Django Framework or REST API.
- Knowledge of Docker and Redis.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate is a plus.
- Experience with Fast API.
- Exposure to CI/CD practices.
- Awareness of Shell scripting
Keywords: #AWS #EC2 #Python #Psql #Django #Docker #Redis #Kafka.
- High self motivation to lead & build projects from beginning to end;
- You've shipped multiple products and are willing/able to demonstrate how you solved specific problems to solve users needs;
- Excellent communication in presenting your code and communicating what problems they are solving while giving/receiving feedback;
- Ability to quickly grasp goals and requirements from light specifications;
- Must be able to effectively & efficiently work with stakeholders spreads across many timezones;
- 5+ years of Android experience working in a modern commercial web development environment and shipping solid product;
- Experience in Springboot, Microservices, JPA, oracle database.
- Must have experience in authentication mechanism like LDAP, SSO, any authentication server, role management
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Work with sharp, motivated and passionate co-workers spread across many regions.
- Rare opportunity to make real positive impact on the world!
Frameworks - Springboot, Hibernate, Junit
REST / SOAP Web Services Implementation
Micro-services and Data Structures experience
SQL and exposure to Oracle or MySql or SQL Server or any standard RDBMS
Scrum or SAFe or other Agile delivery ways
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to
understand/expand requirements & technical specs
Project Engineer (Software Application Developer)
- Responsible for development of web applications
- Proficient in Java 1.7 and above, J2EE
- implementing MVC Architecture using spring (3.1 & above) /Struts (2.0) and Hibernate (4.2 & above) frameworks.
- Good Knowledge about Oracle/Postgres database - SQL queries
Essential Qualification (Full Time Courses only)
- 1st Class B.E/B.Tech. in Computer Science/IT/Computer Applications/Electronics /MCA OR
- Post Graduation Degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Applications/Electronics
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant systems for one of India's fastest-growing product startup
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design.
- Pair with team members on functional and non-functional requirements and spread design philosophy and goals across the team.
- Partner with the product management team to define and execute the feature roadmap.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc.) on planning and execution.
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution, and customer delight.
- Proactively manage stakeholder communication related to deliverables, risks, charges, and dependencies.
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively across distributed teams
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work.
- Willingness to learn new languages and methodologies.
- Passion for learning new things, solving challenging problems.
- 3+ years of experience in software development or a serious open source track record
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack
- Proficiency in OOP concepts, including design patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus.
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Well versed with Lean methodologies, and Test Engineering and Automation.- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services.
- Experience in troubleshooting server performance memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks, etc.
- Continuously refactor applications and architectures to maintain high-quality levels.
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks.
- We primarily use Node JS, MongoDB, AngularJS & AWS
**About VComply :**
- VComply is a fast-growing SaaS GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) platform that helps organizations manage their compliance controls and risk in an intuitive manner. VComply brings a contextual understanding of GRC to compliance officers enabling them to achieve organization objectives while maintaining the integrity and managing risk.
- VComply was founded in 2019 and is backed by Accel. We already have 25+ marquee customers across North America and Australia & New Zealand in our short existence. We provide organizations with configurable, yet plug and play GRC applications that need zero development effort and infrastructure.
**Why VComply :**
- Opportunity to have direct impact on the growth of a fast growing & dynamic company
- Challenging work environment with End- to-end ownership of your role
- Incredible growth opportunities - we are a meritocracy, and the best will always have room for growth in the company
- Opportunity to work directly with senior leadership
- Accelerated learning environment with a high performing team surrounding you
- Culture that promotes challenging oneself & continuous improvement.
- Perks & Employee friendly policies.
Containerization and CICD environment experience.
Strong analytical skills and problem solving aptitude attention to details