Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
What you will do :
We are looking for a Technical Architect to design the structure of our IT systems and oversee programs to ensure the proper architecture is implemented.
Should have experience in data modelling, distributed system design, Microservice architecture and communications protocol and is passionate about writing code and the art of management
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. We'd also like you to have hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex programs. Overseeing development and implementation of programs. Providing technical leadership and support to software development teams. Your goal will be to ensure our internal IT framework operates properly.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e. g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with various operating systems
- Experience in cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer.
- Database (SQL/Mysql/NO SQL).Good to have Kafka/queuing/messaging system.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Excellent analytical and time and people management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
We intend to make commuting very:
Easy and Convenient: Just at the tap of a button
Real-time: Book real-time and find a rider within minutes
Economical: The cheapest way to commute intracity
Fast: Save time in traffic jams
Safe: See the slew of safety features here.
Social: Make new friends everyday while commuting
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technology Lead (Python or Node), who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from scratch.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Architect scalable software solutions and mentor a team of high performing developers.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshoot to ensure uptime for live systems etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier college.
- Prior 4+ years of experience in back-end development (Python/ Golang) in a start-up or a dynamic work environment.
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance systems.
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores etc.
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
Role – Senior Developer (Back End)
Location - Bangalore
Experience 5+ Years
- Responsible for design & developing products involving Java, JEE, Springboot.
- Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Deep insight of Java and JEE internals such as memory management, transaction management, etc.
- Design and develop features and modules for mission-critical applications.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Mentoring and guiding the team members.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and bring in optimal flow for rapidly changing design/ technology.
- Implementation of API.
- 5+ years of experience in strong core java & J2EE skill
- 5+ years of experience in Spring Boot.
- 5+ years of experience in Spring and REST/SOAP services
- Strong knowledge in Java web application design and development
- Strong knowledge of Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring integration, Spring Security, etc.), JPA, RESTful APIs
- Experience with design and development of highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems
- Results oriented and focused on meeting deliverable timelines.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
● Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software
● Delivering high quality and well-structured code
● Manage individual project priorities and deadlines
● Participate in enhancing tools and processes
● Participate in production observance and technical incident management
● Ability to quickly learn and adapt to keep up in a fast-paced environment
● Strong data structure concepts
● Great problem-solving skills
● Strong experience in Python
● Experience in Microservices and Docker
● Exposure to RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases
● Working knowledge of MongoDB/DynamoDB
You’ve spent anywhere between 1 to 4 years sharpening your tools in either the Financial Services or the hi-tech sector.
● Developing “Zero Defect Software” which is secured, instrumented, and resilient.
● Building Cloud-Native Application which runs on Cloud Platforms such as GCP / AWS.
● Creating design artefacts before implementation.
● Developing Test Cases before or in parallel with implementation.
● Ensuring the software developed passes static code analysis, performance, and load tests.
● Developing various kinds of components(such as UI Components, APIs, Business Components, Image Processing, etc.) that define the IDfy.
● Developing software using Agile Methodology and tools that support the same.
● Inventing new approaches to detecting existing fraud.
● Staying ahead of the game by predicting future fraud techniques and building solutions to prevent them.
- understanding of UX / MVC / MVW and related concepts.
- Alternately, In-depth knowledge in either Elixir, GoLang, or Python, along with a good understanding of OOPs and Concurrency concepts.
Good to have
● Experience in developing software in the Cloud such as GCP / AWS.
● A passion to explore new technologies and express yourself through technical Blogs
● Punctuality, discipline, and attention to detail
● Opinions and the confidence to express yourself
● Optimistic and a positive attitude towards problem-solving
As part of the engineering team, you would be expected to have
deep technology expertise with a passion for building highly scalable products.
This is a unique opportunity where you can impact the lives of people across 150+
● Own architecture, design, development, and implementation of different modules/features of the services
● Design, develop, deploy and support web applications.
● Discover opportunities for performance improvements
● Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality
● Focus on continuous delivery and reducing complexity
● Carry out code reviews and manage pull requests
● Build applications based on micro-services architecture
● Overall 1-3 years of experience in Backend development.
● B.E/B.Tech in CS or equivalent streams from institute of repute (IITs, NITs, BITs,
IIITs or equivalent)
● Strong object oriented design skills & knowledge of design patterns
● Experience designing & developing distributed systems involving multiple web services, databases (both SQL and NoSQL), caches, queues, etc. taking into consideration scalability, availability, fault tolerance, consistency, etc. of the overall system
● Well-aware of and enforces development best practices: Unit Tests, Code Reviews,
Integration Tests, CI/CD, Monitoring, Alerting, etc
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Tech Lead - Regulatory Reporting IT, Product Control IT & Reference Data IT Internal Development & Support
About the Department: Information Systems
The Information Systems Department (‘ISD’) provides a full range of state of the art technology services to all departments within Mizuho International plc in London. This includes teams servicing the client-facing business units, Operations, Finance and Risk departments.
The department utilises modern delivery methodologies & techniques including Agile, Containerisation & Continuous integration.
Each team has resources to provide project management, analysis, software development, package implementation, systems integration services and application support and is expected to contribute to the change.
Within Regulatory Reporting, Reference Data & Product Control IT team, the developer will work towards enhancing and supporting our newly delivered financial data reference data platform, GoldenSource. This requires involvement in development and post production support project life cycle. This role will expose the individual to all business areas, including front office, settlements, custody and accounting.
This role will also involve providing 3rd Line support for any implemented solutions including incident, problem, and defect management
Design and development of the instrument reference data module
Conduct systems testing and support user acceptance testing
Dealing with day-to-day production problems and maintenance. This may require working shifts and/or being on-call out of normal working hours.
Adhering to Mizuho International development standards and procedures, including change control
Knowledge of the GoldenSource product
Experience in implementing and supporting the GoldenSource product in a financial institution
Minimum five years’ experience in Java and J2EE
Experience in using object oriented methodologies
A broad understanding of Fixed Income, Equity and/or Futures processing through investment banking experience
Experience in using TDD/BDD agile methodology
Experience with Publish/Subscribe messaging paradigms, distributed transaction processing based on JTA/JTS
Experience with installing, configuring and monitoring JBoss
GoldenSource Security master module
GoldenSource Customer & Counterparty module
UNIX skills in particular Linux
Excellent relational database skills, preferably ORACLE
Experience of using automated testing tools such as JUnit and mocking libraries such as jMock
Experience of working with XML based technologies such as XSLT
Experience of Subversion, Ant, Maven and CI frameworks such as Bamboo.
Building connectors using the GoldenSource product tools
Experience of software configuration management
Experience with integration/acceptance testing frameworks such as FitNesse
Document database experience, preferably MongoDB
Degree or equivalent.
Active participant in relevant forums/external working groups.
Operational Effectiveness and Innovation: Achieving Quality Results:
Delivering Tasks – Silver
Problem Solving – Silver
Flexibility & Drive to Improve – Silver
Risk Awareness – Silver
Enhance product Scope:
Strategic Business Management – Silver
Business Awareness – Silver
Leadership – Silver
Management – Silver
Communication – Silver
Ethics and Conduct Level 1 – Silver
Ethics and Conduct Level 2 – Silver
Client Centricity – Silver
Team Working in Your team – Silver
Team Working With Other Teams – Silver
Job Position: JAVA Software Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: 2 to 12 years
• Responsible for developing Web Applications using J2EE components.
• Responsible for developing standalone applications using Core Java and JDBC.
Desired Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / MSc in Computer Science or IT
Added advantage: Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP), Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD) certification
- Strong skills in JAVA programming languages and focus specially on the following areas Servlets, JSP, Web Services, Struts framework, JDBC/JPA/mybatis (ibatis)/Hibernate, Threads, Collections and Design Patterns.
- Strong skills in web technologies HTML 4/5, JQuery, AJAX, Java Script and CSS.
- Thorough understanding of Object Orientation.
- Above average skills in SQL with familiarity in any of the standard RDBMS – MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle.
- Must have good written and oral communication in English language.
- Must be completely hands-on and an individual contributor and a self-starter; must be able to complete assignments (suitable to his/her experience) with minimal assistance.
- Very good at Analytical and Logical skills.
- Solid understanding of the web development lifecycle.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver software on time.
The Team and Your Role
You will be a part of the Enterprise Engineering team, which is responsible for design and development of foundational software utilized by applications throughout AQR, including:
§ Enterprise Cloud Platform
§ Enterprise Messaging Fabric
§ Common Data Access Framework
§ Role Based Entitlements System
§ Application Monitoring and Alerting
§ Application Configuration Management
§ Business Notifications
These foundational services are part of a larger project that streamlines the entire SDLC from project inception through to production and post-production. We build and maintain common development tools and libraries that are implemented in Java, Python and Golang. The libraries provide business applications with core functionalities needed to build any application within our environment. In addition, we provide standardized cloud-based runtime platform with necessary tooling for all AQR applications.
What You Will Bring
§ Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent field from top schools
§ 3 to 5 years of software development experience with substantial individual contribution
§ Outstanding coding, debugging and analytical skills
§ Experience working with complex projects through the software development lifecycle
§ Experience working in a geographically spread out team
§ Hands on programming experience with mastery over at least one programming language in Java or Python
§ Strong knowledge of: Spring, Multithreading, Open Source dbase
§ Microservice architecture
§ RESTful application design
§ Experience designing and developing distributed systems
§ OOP design patterns (especially Java or Python) and data modeling
Our technology platform includes:
§ Spring Boot
§ Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
§ Demonstrated contributions to open-source software is also a plus