As a lead backend developer, you will be responsible for helping us build, maintain and expand our suite of internal and external APIs for the QuickSell Digital Catalog and mobile apps. Our RESTful APIs serve many clients - mobile apps, websites, webhooks for third-party services and internal tools. An experience with API versioning, caching, and token-based security mechanisms is a must, along with an ability to architect, document, build, and deploy RESTful JSON APIs with continuous uptime and minimal latency.
- 5-8 years of experience in building API services using NodeJS Express and related frameworks
- Expert level understanding of NodeJS asynchronous runtime
- Experience with Postgres, NoSQL, Redis, and Firebase Realtime database
- Experience with AWS services like Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, etc
- Understanding of patterns and techniques for building scalable back-end infrastructure including caching, rate limiting, authentication, and authorization schemes.
- Experience in building highly scalable and high throughput services with millisecond response times
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and pick up new technology along with patience to mentor
Bonus skills -
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Puppeteer
- Experience writing unit tests
QuickSell is a mobile commerce platform designed completely from the ground up to cater to emerging markets and SMBs. Thousands of businesses are choosing QuickSell over platforms built by billion $ companies, due to our simple and mobile-friendly user experience. We provide technological infrastructure for manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers who using their phones can manage their products in the cloud, showcase them easily to customers over WhatsApp, and other digital channels and start booking orders without the headache of creating and maintain their own e-commerce stores.
QuickSell reaches its vast user base via an ever increasing list of supported platforms including native Android and iOS apps, and desktop web applications.