Warehouse Management System (WMS) Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
We, at GlobalShiksha, are on a mission to Make Learning Fun for the K-12 segment by delivering high-quality, affordable supplementary educational products. The GlobalShiksha team of 150+ people works out of offices in Bengaluru. We’re backed by the top investor in the world, Accel Partners. Founded in 2011 by an IIT Graduate, GlobalShiksha is among the top five Ed-tech companies in India and has the trust of 1 million parents.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, organize, direct, and train warehouse employees, as well as establish, monitor, and manage operation goals, to ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency with customer satisfaction as the primary goal.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Create warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping.
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics.
- Must be able to forecast the expected needs of raw materials in the near future.
- Meet with the warehouse team on a regular basis to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- The minimum education qualification should be Graduation.
- 3+yrs of experience in warehouse management.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must speak English, Hindi, and Kannada.
- Coordinate and provide experience-based solution for teams deploying business intelligence, data platform, and big data solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and big data / analytics platform solutions and how data architecture fits into larger data warehousing and database implementation projects as a major component of the effort.
- Ability to guide C-level executives/ chief architects at major clients (Fortune 500) in data architecture decisions.
- Experience mapping out enterprise architecture transformations over a 3 year period, and leading those implementations.
- Develop, implement and maintain data architecture best practices and standards
- Utilizing data architecture best practices and standards, define and implement technical solutions in the movement of data throughout an organization
- Provide leadership in related technical areas of importance such as Business Intelligence Reporting and Analytics
- Gather requirements for data architecture through the use of business and technical interviews and round-table discussions
- Evaluate and make decisions regarding the alternative processes that can be followed in data movement throughout an organization: ETL, SOA / Web Services, Bulk Load,
- Evaluate and make decisions regarding the alternative tools and platforms that can be used to perform activities around data collection, data distribution and reporting
- Show experience with the concepts of data modeling for both transaction based systems and reporting / data warehouse type systems
- Evaluate data related requirements around data quality and master data management and understand and articulate how these factors apply to data architecture
- Understand the concepts of data quality, data ownership, and data governance, and understand how they apply within a data architecture framework
- 15+ years experience in IT, 10+ years experience with data related positions and responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of multiple toolsets: ETL tools, reporting tools, data quality, metadata management, multiple database management systems, cloud, security, MDM tools. (Anything Insights & Data service line may support in future.)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing and implementing project work within highly-visible data-driven applications in very large data warehousing / data repository environments with complex processing requirements
- A proven track record in system design and performance
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Ability to advocate ideas and to objectively participate in design critique
Ideally the candidate should also have:
- Superb team building skills with a predisposition to building consensus and achieving goals through collaboration rather than direct line authority
- A positive, results oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, influencing, and monitoring the work being done
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills with the professional staff, senior level executives, and the business community at large
- Experience delivering enterprise architecture for data & analytics for Fortune 500 companies
- Ability to lead client architect leadership (CIO, Chief Architect)
- Broad understanding of data platforms and tools (Cloud Platforms, Infra, Security, Data Movement, Data Engineering, Visualization, MDM, DQ, Lineage) and proven experience deploying architectures for the largest clients globally
- Strong communication and facilitation skills (ability to manage workshops with 20-30 client technical resources)
Ability to interface with CIOTrain client on cloud, Enterprise Data Platform, Capgemini POV for Data (Business DL, Perform AI, Factory Model etc.)