Smoke Testing Jobs in Pune
TAPPP is leading the charge in bringing premium digital entertainment content & live sports to global consumers via its prepaid platform.
We are available across platforms via the Web, Mobile, and Tablets. Building out this brand presents significant product and engineering challenges. At the center of solving those challenges is the TAPPP Product Engineering team which is responsible for the TAPPP product end to end.
The organization is flat, processes are minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday technical decision-making process. Upholding these philosophies will be imperative as we execute our aggressive plan of global expansion over the next 2 years.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a QA engineer experienced in writing test cases based on user stories, creating reports, testing the application from a design & usability perspective, and supporting both manual and automated testing throughout the lifecycle of the product. As a QA Engineer, you will ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
Mandatory technical skills:
- Proven working experience (Min 3 years) in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box & black box testing and automated testing tools
- Experience with Restful API testing – Postman jetpack, RestAssured
- Experience with performance/load/stress testing
- Experience in all stages of application testing including UI, backend, functional, regression
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Strong independent contributor and an unquenchable desire to learn, attention to detail a can-do attitude
Comfortable working in a start-up environment
The position is based in Pune, India.
Looking for a Sr/Lead QA Engineer.
5-10 years of experience, out of which at least 2 years in handling a team.
Collaborate with the other stakeholders, and devise the test objectives, organisational test policies, test strategies and test plans.
Estimate the testing to be done and negotiate with the team to acquire the necessary resources.
Recognise when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort, select the tools, and ensure the team’s training. They may consult with other groups – e.g., programmers – to help them with their testing.
Lead, guide, add and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases, test procedures and test suites.
Experience as a SCRUM master will be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Familiarity using Scrum/Agile development methodologies
This position is NOT WFH
We are building a global content marketplace that brings companies and content creators together to scale up content creation processes across 10 content verticals and 150+ content categories. Over the past 3.5 years we’ve worked with brands like India Today, Amazon India, Adobe, Swiggy, Dunzo, Businessworld, Times Group, Digit, Wittyfeed, YourStory etc. along with 350+ brand companies like BookMyShow, UpGrad, Yulu, Paisabazaar, Zivame, Yatra, Bewakoof, Imarticus Learning etc. to create content that is meticulous and customized according to our clients' needs.
We are on the path to building a global on-demand content marketplace platform that allows for collaboration, discovery and upskilling for all our creators. Now we are in a rapid expansion phase to enter into more content service offerings and engage a wide spectrum of content creators, and to facilitate all our ambitions, we are planning to launch multiple product verticals and we are looking for a QA Engineer who has a keen eye for user interaction and production functioning, and a curious mind to tangle-and-untangle them.
- We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, comfortable with uncertainty, flexible, great with people and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
- If you think you have the spark and a constantly simmering pot of ideas, this is the chance for you!
- Take ownership of the testing, identifying issues and subsequent fixing in entire PDLC
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Quality review and signoff of new features
- Understand product architecture and functionality
- Create Test Case/Test script writing
- Should be ready to convert unvaried test cases into automated test scripts
- Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests
- Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions
- Provide support and assistance to business and users on reported production issues
- Creates temporary "work-arounds" for immediate customer/ end users issues
- Communicate with PMs and engineers on reported issues
- Participate in product discussions & refine the acceptance criteria
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to the product team
The ideal candidate must have -
- At least 2 years of practical experience in defining, developing, maintaining and executing test cases
- Prior experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases
- Experience of working with Web, Mobile, and API Testing
- Basic understanding of good programming practices, architecture and design patterns
- Knowledge of Performance & Security Testing
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills and experience of working in Agile process management methodology
- Should be excellent at communication, be able to explain ideas clearly.
- Must be extremely proactive and self-starter.
- Good knowledge of test automation tools like PyTest, Mocha, Cypress or comparable is a big plus.
If you are looking for a change this is what we can promise you:
You will have challenging problems to solve
You will have flexibility and autonomy to solve problems and deliver solutions
We will provide a highly collaborative environment with skilled and super friendly teammates
We will fully support you in developing software the right way
We won't burden you with useless policies and procedures
We will provide you the tools you need to do your job right
You will be challenged to continually learn new skills and become an expert in cloud computing (over 90% of our employees are AWS Certified)
If that sounds attractive please apply! We'd love to talk to you.
Here are some more details about the position:
You will be hands-on member of the time writing test cases, creating test plans, writing automation, and executing test cases. You will work with a project manager, software development engineers, user experience and interface designers, and customer stakeholders to deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable software solutions.
Work with software engineers to deliver UI-level tests as they are developing new functionality.
Perform automated and manual testing as required for the project.
Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
Write and implement test cases within the test framework.
Participate in all Agile/Scrum ceremonies, including discussing and writing stories and tests to prepare for upcoming sprints.
Help prepare and produce releases of software components.
Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies within the test area.
Drive the team towards continuous deployment.
5 years experience manually testing software.
Hands-on experience with setting up and using Selenium and other UI testing frameworks.
Knowledge of Relational Databases, including SQL to look at data.
Experience with development using Agile/Scrum
Openness to learning other technologies including front-end and back-end frameworks.
Able to assess a feature or function definition and determine if it can and should be automated.
Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS or Heroku)
SourceTree and Bitbucket
Project management software - Jira
Using Postman to test Rest APIs
We are looking for a Senior QA with a great deal of eye for detail in end to end product testing.
- Candidate with recent experience of 4-6 years in testing
- MCA or Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience in Android+iOS mobile app testing and Web application both
- Defines test strategy, develops detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, test scripts and test data sets that validate functional, performance requirements and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis.
- Must have good knowledge of API testing. API automaton will be an added advantage
- Expertise in test management tools and defect tracking tools i.e Jira
- Working knowledge of different tools and technologies like Charles, fiddler, Jenkins, GIT.
- The ability to analyze complex technical information
- An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies
- Ability to think abstractly.
- Expertise in debugging issue faced or reported by client.
- A meticulous and organized approach to work
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving
- A thorough, detail-oriented work style
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, quick learner, and good troubleshooting capabilities.- Demo product to business
- Communicates technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Development background is a major plus.
- Knowledge in performance/load testing.
- Knowledge in security testing
- Experience in Business Intelligence testing in various reports
- Knowledge of AWS
Following skills are an added advantage:
- Experience in mobile Application or Web Automation testing
- Experience in "e commerce" domain and application knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL and Database Testing
- Managing the solving of problems concerning the test automation infrastructure
- Understand and maintain Test Automation Frameworks.
- Follow the coding standards and code walk through.
- Maintain Automation Standards and Processes documentation.
- Write automated test scripts under the direction of the Test Automation Lead.
- Ability to work independently on tasks / modules assigned related to automation
- Monitoring of and reporting on the progress of the test automation process
- Reporting on the quality of the test object
- Raise risks on time and provide alternate solutions to mitigate the risk
- Advice and support for the implementation of all types of tools
*Automation tester : should have good experience in Selenium, Java and TestNG
*Manual tester : should have good experience and understanding of functional and API testing
*should have good communication skill and be a team player
Minimum Skills and Experience:
• 6+ years of related work experience in Software Test Engineering.
• Strong understanding of testing in Agile and DevOps teams and ability to identify the right testing approach for the SDLC and TDLC based on project characteristics.
• Experience writing, maintaining and running manual and automation tests across browser, desktop, and mobile apps.
• Hands-on experience with functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, UI/UX testing.
• Proficient in using Jira & Confluence
• Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
• Responsible for producing testing deliverables i.e., Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Completion Reports.
• ISTQB Foundation/Advanced Test Analyst /Certified Agile Tester accreditation is highly desirable
Underpinning Infrastructure details:
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include:
Designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- knowledge of Selenium/Appium for web and app automation in android and IOS
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with manual and automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience of 3 years to 8 years
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
Experience Level – 3 to 5 years
- Review and analyze system specifications.
- Collaborate with team to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Evaluate product code according to specifications.
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects.
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues.
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Working knowledge SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in UFT
- Jmeter is an added advantage.
- API testing experience
- ISTQB Certification