Google Maps Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
iOS Tech lead
iOS - Technology
B.tech from Top tier college/ Post grad from tier 1 college
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of the supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
Porter has multiple mobile apps used by our consumers - app used by our customers to place on-demand orders, app used by our drivers to service those orders, and app used by fleet owners to manage their vehicles on our platform. Each of these apps is frequently iterated over to improve functionality and experience. In such a fast paced environment, we expect our mobile developers to develop and maintain these complex apps with a heavy focus on code design to keep the code easily extensible and maintainable.
● Requirement Gathering
● Gain deep understanding of user problems being solved by working closely with the Product Team
● Flesh out use cases with detailed user flows, finalize software specifications, and chart out development iterations.
● Drive design discussions and finalize designs for projects.
● Heavy focus on modeling business entities, use cases and interactions, using guiding design frameworks like domain driven design, MVVM, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a robust layered architecture.
● Development and Code Review
● Drive development of the project, predominantly via effective delegation to the team.
● Diligently review code, identifying code smells and using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill people.
● Ensure test coverage of the project, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through blackbox testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team.
● Follow and percolate good unit testing design and practices.
● Project Management
● Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
● Resolve blockers through technical expertise and negotiation.
● Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
● Non Functional
● Ensure the apps are performant by keeping a keen eye on the app vitals.
● Explore, evaluate and drive adoption of new technologies, tools and SDKs as may be necessary to improve the entire development process.
● Work with cross-platform technologies, like Kotlin Multiplatform, to ensure consistency of features and code reuse across Android / iOS platforms.
● Team Management
● Manage a team of upto 3 - 5 members.
● Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
● Languages: Swift, Kotlin, SQL
● Frameworks: RIBs, Kotlin Multiplatform
● Architectures: MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc
● Libraries: RxSwift, SwiftUI, etc
● Integrations: AWS services, Payment Gateways (Razorpay, etc), Google Maps, Firestore, etc
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
● Customer App:
● All orders serviced by Porter are placed from this app making it our primary business driver.
● Build simple, clean UX for customers to navigate through the many features / options available - vehicle types, pricing options, payment options, Value Added Services, etc.
● Build convenience features for the customers like Live Tracking, Subscription Management, Wallet, etc.
● Partner App:
● All orders serviced by Porter are fulfilled by drivers using this app.
● Build products to ease onboarding of drivers including document verification and audio-visual training to help all drivers join the Porter platform without any friction.
● Given that the app is expected to run for long hours on cheaper phones while tracking location continuously there is a heavy emphasis on keeping the apps performant - optimizing battery consumption and memory usage.
● Build tools to help the Partner keep track of their earnings via a Wallet, increase engagement through RnR programs and other features.
● Fleet Owner Apps:
● A multi-platform app for fleet owners to manage their drivers and track their performance and earnings on our platform.
● Colleges : All NITs, IIITs and IITs, BITS, PEC, VIT, PESIT, DTU and Indraprastha University
● Experience: >= 7 years
● Proficiency with iOS frameworks and Swift.
● Proficiency in designing, writing and maintaining a large complex app code base.
● Proficiency with reactive programming paradigm (RxSwift, Combine, etc).
● Proficiency with design patterns like MVVM, VIPER, Clean Architecture, etc.
● Experience with project management
WE EXPECT YOU TO WIN:Everyone at chargeMOD is given the tools and resources they need to succeed at their job. We offer a flexible and positive work environment so you have the autonomy to build amazing software for our customers and add to our team of industry leading visionaries. You will build a compelling and easy to use interface, ensure its maintainability and ease of use, and suggest ways to improve the look and feel of the application. We are lean, which means we reflect on what we learn and use that new knowledge to quickly make better products. Your job is to keep learning, contribute your knowledge back to the rest of the team, and apply what you learn to make chargeMOD and our clients even greater.
chargeMOD’s engineering team is looking for an Android Developer to join our growing team. You are highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the passion to help shape the delivery of software products for our customers. You are passionate about web development and interested in helping to shape the future of our web services team.You are always seeking new and diverse challenges to grow your skill set and broaden your experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will join development on a mobile SDK, in use by tens of thousands of users around Pan India.
- You will join the weekly team meetings with the client and communicate progress to the client, as well as work closely with our development team in Slack/Gmeet.
- You will be responsible for development, do a portion of the testing, and be responsible for the release of the application
RESPONSIBILITIES: As a developer, you are responsible for delivering valuable software to your clients while adhering to technical standards, company values, and industry best practices. Your success in this position will require you to set and meet appropriate expectations with customers and delight customers by anticipating their needs. You will be accountable for meeting commitments and producing quality, tested software. High output, driven developer, able to work in a team setting.
Here are some tools we use in our Android development process:
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Android Studio
- You have ability to write and test SDKs for use by other developers
- Here are some of the skills we expect you to possess:
- Java and Kotlin
- Client and team communication
- Material design
- Action bar/toolbar
- Support libraries/Android X/Jetpack
- Understanding of the activity and fragment lifecycle
- Efficient layout design
- Resource/asset management
- Multi-threading, background processing
- Functional / UI Testing (Espresso)
WE CONSIDER IT A PLUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Significant UI experience (one of the primary SDKs is UI-related – so although you will not be developing a user interface for the application, knowledge on UI is important)
- Significant push notification experience (one of the primary SDKs is push-notification related)
Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
Design interfaces to improve user experience
Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols