We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as a travel desk analyst. The responsibilities of the travel desk analyst include optimizing our travel operations, making travel arrangements over the phone or the internet, providing guidance on travel arrangements, and preparing budget reports.
To be a successful travel analyst desk, you should have a strong working knowledge of travel management processes and excellent attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch travel desk analyst is skilled at maintaining positive relationships with airlines and hotels and at providing a smooth travel experience.
· Maintaining positive relationships with vendors of direct travel, such as car rentals, hotels, and airlines.
· Negotiating preferred rates with vendors of direct travel.
· Planning travel accommodations, booking flights, hotels, car rentals, and coordinating activities.
· Managing and processing all travel-related documentation, including payments, itineraries, visas, medical, and legal forms.
· Assisting with any travel-related issues that may arise.
· Researching travel deals and evaluating prices and services.
· Arranging travel accommodations for business visitors.
· Creating, optimizing, and monitoring corporate travel policies.
· Preparing travel budget reports.
· Analysing and preparing reports on travel spend.
· A bachelor's degree in tourism, travel or hospitality is required for corporate travel managers.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the travel industry.
· Certification in travel or hospitality may be advantageous.
· Knowledge of travel management processes.
· The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors of direct travel
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
· A basic understanding of Geography.
· Strong computer skills.
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
We’re Journee. And we’re hiring!
At Journee, we're on a mission to make exploring new cultures easy and exciting.
We believe the world will be a better place if we embrace our differences. Travel is the way to make that happen. Done right, a trip to a destination with a unique culture will take you on a journey of personal growth. It will erode your prejudices and broaden your horizons. It will make you more understanding, accepting and ultimately loving. And a world with more love is a better place. You can read our story and core values at journeetrips.com/ourstory.
How does Journee work?
Our Explorers fill in our 15-minute Trip Matchmaker form to build their travel personality. It includes budget, dates, where they don't want to go, and most importantly, the things they like to do when they travel. We then match them with an experiential trip to an interesting destination. We book everything and send fun clues to keep them guessing. They turn up to the airport X days later and reveal where they’re going!
We’re looking for travel-loving people with great attention to detail and high ownership to help us deliver an amazing experience to our users.
If you have ownership, are known for your attention to detail, and have the hustle to get things done, this role is for you.
What you’ll be doing in this role
- Stay on top of the trips assigned to you, knowing the status of each associated bookable
- Book flights and check in customers on flights as instructed
- Find accommodation options in our destinations that meet the Journee bar
- Negotiate partner prices with accommodation providers and book it for our customers
- Book rental cars and/or other transport for our customers
- Negotiate with experience providers on behalf of Journee and book them for our users
- Find alternative experience providers when original plans are no longer viable
- Proactively manage cancellations and re-bookings in case of any changes
- Help write the final itinerary used by our customers to explore their mystery destination
- Research the best things to see and in do in destinations around the world
What we are looking for
- High attention to detail and low tolerance for mistakes
- Extremely organised, structured and deadline-driven
- Able to follow processes accurately and timely (finding way to improve them is a bonus)
- Strong written English and overall communication skills
- Passionate traveller with an eye for interesting places and exceptional travel experiences
- Prior experience in travel a bonus (but not essential)
- Prior experience of handling large sums of user money a bonus (but not essential)
- PLUS, as this is a WFH role, you will need to have a reliable, fast speed internet and laptop access at all times (or anything else that you may need in order to be productive)
What we’ll offer
- An opportunity to work with a passionate team of founders
- Flexible work hours (we know not everyone is a morning person)
- The option to work remotely from wherever you want to
- Free books to help you learn and grow
- Goodies on birthdays
- 24 days of paid leave per year
- 7 days of paid leaves for festivals and occasions (you choose the ones you care about)
- A INR 10k bonus at the end of your first year to use for travel
- Salary of INR 32k per month
Can’t wait to apply? Here are next steps
Stage 1: Accommodation task
- Shortlist your top 3 accommodation recommendations for the trip brief using the checklist here: https://www.notion.so/journeetrips/Accommodation-task-3369d9cd2d2a4d90af160431541d1b73">https://journee-trips.notion.site/Accommodation-task-d2363ceba93e454f81395ee2d86d1424
- For each of your choice, include the following details: Name, Address, Phone and Check in datetime written strictly as per the guidelines here: https://www.notion.so/journeetrips/Guidelines-to-save-bookable-details-736a8a8690744910b64458c594d1acb7">https://journee-trips.notion.site/Guidelines-to-save-bookable-details-aa6359df4bc840f1872bcaa955f923ec
- Send your choices by explaining why you chose them (add “Journee accommodation task” as the subject line) along with your resume
Stage 2: Experience case study
- We’ll email the shortlisted candidates a final task and review their replies
Stage 3: Video interview
- Based on the replies, we will shortlist candidates for a final video interview and if selected, finalise start date and contract details with them