Roles and Responsibility :
- This position requires you to lead and manage the whole engineering team.
- Manage your OKRs, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- You work closely with the Product Management, Business Development, and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Architect & design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Lead multiple modules, third party integrations and business partners integration.
- Taking architectural decisions, defining high level and low level design.
- Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent and more to be shared via email.
Skills you are expected to have :
- Deep understanding of technologies, high level design, low level design in a secure, scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Hands-on experience in system design, architecture or developing distributed systems.
- Should be good in writing code keeping scalability, flexibility and monitoring at center.
- Good understanding of source control tools GIT, Jira and Bitbucket, code reviews etc.
- Preferable experience in Django and Laravel frameworks, but not limited to these only.
- Experience in the development of robust and scalable Rest APIs and APIs testing tools such as postman etc.
- Experience in micro service-based development would be a plus.
- Experience in queuing systems such as rabbitMQ, Active MQ would be a plus.
- Experience in AWS cloud services.
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD pipeline.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Candidates from the fintech domain would be preferred (Payments/ Banking/ Wallets/ Insurance/ Financial Markets).
About Us :
- We are a consumer lending fintech start-up on a mission to provide Fair Finance to Everyone. We have raised $15 million in debt and equity funding from leading angels that have previously backed Ola, Oyo, Myntra, Uniphore and 1mg as well as marquee NBFCs.
- Our loans are originated in partnership with 1000+ merchants who are present in over 80 cities -
- Leading healthcare chains: Indra IVF, Partha Dental, VLCC
- Home improvements: Asian Paints, Design Cafe, @home by Nilkamal
- Education : upGrad, Toppr, Board Infinity, Career Point, Bansal Learning, Miles Education E-Bikes - Ampere, Hero Electric, Lectrix, Benlng
- Our founding team has worked at fintech companies in London where they won a Banking Technology Award for Best Mobile Initiative as well as Indian FinTechs such as Coverfox and Liquiloans.
- The team has extensive experience in credit, investment banking and vendor management. They have graduated from London Business School, Northwestern University (USA), and attained the CFA charter.
About Credit Fair
Hiring for the position of Technical Manager responsible for Backend and infrastructure for mobile app and website.
● Talented Leader who will be responsible for Leading a group of talented technical individuals to build scalable, and secure products
● Leads our Back-End and infrastructure
● Drives architecture and the design of enterprise mobile/web/API solutions at scale
● Work with Product, Testing and Infrastructure teams to understand product vision and requirements
● Oversee the development and execution of development plans and report on execution
● Work with Product and testing teams to understand product vision and requirements
● Has deep exposure to all aspects of engineering, modern web, desktop & mobile application architectures, data modelling, high level design, low level design, non-functional technical requirements and visual design
● 8+ years of experience in hard core development in predominantly product development companies
● Strong troubleshooting, debugging and problem-solving skills
● Proven track record of building scalable and reliable services on Cloud
● Architecture & Design
● Solid experience of designing end-to-end architecture and design of applications using one or more platforms for large-scale high-throughput solutions
● Design and implement technical governance process as appropriate across the application development lifecycle
● coding guidelines, quality standards, best practices, code acceptance criteria, automation
● Experience in collaborating with the team in reviewing application architecture. - Node.js, Web Services REST, MySQL/MongoDB/NoSQL
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
WHAT YOU'LL FOCUS ON
Our tech team is the core of the platform, as a SaaS business, their contribution to the organisation is key to our success.
The team is divided into product-led teams, focussing on the development of a new product line for Locads suite of applications for Logistics, Fulfilment and Shipping.
The key to success in our engineering team is adaptability and flexibility, as a start-up we offer the opportunity to be involved in the full life cycle of applications, owning the challenge from start to finish.
We deploy onto the AWS platform, however, experience in other cloud platforms and a willingness to learn are also great.
Our architecture is microservice-based, all greenfield and with no legacy tinkering.
Lead a small product focussed team of engineers, that own large development functions and not just small features.
Collaborating with the CTO, fellow leads, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to build software that reacts to business needs.
Be a key input to technical specification, architecture and technical decision-making.
Create an innovative environment to ensure your squad is pushing the technical boundaries.
A tech stack that covers, but isn’t limited to
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experienced in managing a team of engineers in an agile environment
- Experience in backend engineering and preferable distributed systems.
- Proficiency in Python/Django and React.js
- Proficiency with REST APIs and comfortable with event-based communication and microservices.
- Proficiency with cloud computing services, preferable AWS.
In partnership with a 1500 CR Conglomerate, we will be launching a combination of FinTech & Retail Marketplace focused on empowering Kirana Stores. Formal registration, Business Plan finalization and kick off activities are work-in progress. We are looking for 15+ years experienced technology specialists for the role of Head of Engineering.
You will lead this new value stream help the platform scale up to servce over a 3 million user base in the next 3-5 years
Location ; Bangalore / Chennai
Travel : Would be required in the initial stages
Compensation - Industry standard (open for discussion)
- 9+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Passionate Tech architect, retains narrow focus on research, system performance and scalability
Expertise in front end and backend JS frameworks (e.g React JS, Angular, Node.js,)
Experience working in Agile frameworks and project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Git)
Knowledge of deployment of distributed RESTful search platforms (like Elastic or Solr)
Experience in designing hyperscale architecture
Exposure to Microservices, AI/ML and Bigdata
Worked on at least one 0-1 initiative preferably IT product firms
Hands on ready to code any time (candidates who are interested only in advisory model, please excuse)
Candidates with good exposure working with OR algorithms would be given preference
Reasonably networked to be able to attract tech talent and build a large Engineering team independently
- Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver software products that delight our customers and accelerates our business growth.
- Be a combination of technical hands-on software engineer and a leader who has the ability to influence, guide, and inspire those around you.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Hire and retain a team of high-performing engineers and managers.
- Understand the market and our end customers.
- Stays current on leading industry trends.
- Conduct performance reviews, calibration sessions and feedback discussions for direct reports.
The Senior Engineer should have extensive experience working with the following technologies – Checkpoint R80, Threat prevention. Along with in depth knowledge of CLI commands for statistic gathering such as cpview, packet captures and sniffer. The skillset should also include Provider 1 MDM along with Network compliance through SKYBOX
The candidate should have both CCSA & CCSE qualifications, ideally with Check Point Security Master certification or aiming to achieve
This may involve working as a Lead Technical Specialist on projects involved in planning, research, evaluation and design of network infrastructure components to integrate with the Firewall Technology
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areasTypical Targets and Measures
Impact on the Business
Meets expectations of internal customers through delivery of high quality projects, meeting their needs and demonstrating the added value of service provided.· Improvements in customer satisfaction and service quality ·
To support and maintain full functionality of equipment and applications provided by ITID.·
Resolve assigned incidents efficiently and to the complete satisfaction to the customer base. Ensure SLA for incident resolution is adhered and improved upon ·
Meets quality targets as assigned by ITID Management for Change, Service Levels and Problem Resolution times·
Ensure requests are completed in good time and to the customers satisfaction ·
Identify and improve efficiency and potential improvements of CES infrastructure.·
Continually strive to improve current processes in order to improve delivery of CES services to the customer and in turn reducing the overall cost. · Communicating effectively with key business users regarding requirements ·
Participate in the testing/piloting of new services/hardware Customers/Stakeholders To ensure that the business’ IT needs are understood and that services are tailored to meet their requirements, and also to ensure that users are fully aware of the services available and receive maximum benefit from them. Through an understanding of business function and the ability to prioritise incidents/requests accordingly. ·
Be involved in and participate in Customer Engagement processes·
Ensure communication to business community is clear and unambiguous ·
Implementation of service Improvements. ·
Identify, monitor, drive and track service improvements creating & managing a culture of continuous improvements Leadership & Teamwork · Work effectively as part of a team to drive Infrastructure deliverables and Infrastructure Support requirements. ·
Work as part of a wider team undertaking delivery of small projects and BAU requests conforming to project management standards, guidelines and techniques.· Delivery against specification/customer need and on time. ·
Participate in the testing/piloting of new services/applications.· Through regular liaison, as required with designated team leader/manager. ·
Contributions to delivery focused teams, consistently delivering high quality results. · Managing small project implementations and general business moves and changes.·
Team goals aligned to strategic goals where individuals understand their role in attainment of global objectives. ·
Pro-actively managing the overall service delivery to meet internal targets ·
Ensure that actions from Team meetings are followed through to completion · Collaboration and contribution to team objectives ·
To keep line management aware of any developing IT or other issues.
Operational Effectiveness & Control ·
Ensure compliance and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls, Telecoms Group Standards and Information Security Secondary Standards.· Ensure compliance and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls, Telecoms Group Standards and Information Security Secondary Standards. · Manage Problem and Incident resolution and subsequent MI, liaising with third parties & other ITID service lines to resolve or escalate incidents/service requests. Providing excellent customer support. · Ensure that Network documentation is regularly maintained and used when required. · Ensuring that standard ITIL processes are followed correctly and appropriately, e.g. Problem Management, Incident Management, Release Management, Change Management and Configuration Management. Implement ITIL best practice where applicable. · Liaison with other ITID and HSBC Technology departments and 3rd party suppliers, managing 3rd party relationships to deliver service against contractual requirements where applicable. · Have the ability to influence peer groups including the use of high quality negotiation skills · Work closely with local, Regional and Global teams to increase the efficiency and quality of Network processes and procedures.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities) ·
Managing conflicting priorities · Producing documentation/communications of a high quality that ensures clear and easily understood. ·
Ensure all aspect of the environment is maintained efficiently with minimal disruption to the customer base. ·
Continually strive to evolve existing processes to improve efficiency of deliverables to the customer base and in turn reduce year on year costs by agreed targets ·
Adopt a customer service attitude that represents the support model in a correct and purposeful manner and thus ITID as a whole ·
Achieve delivery of incidents and requests in line with the agreed SLAs. ·
Identifying areas of potential service improvement and efficiencies.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
The Senior Engineer role is part of ITID, Telecommunications Services, Global CES team.
They have the primary responsibility to provide day to day design and support to ensure the global CES infrastructure is maintained to agreed service levels and standards and customer needs are met in the most appropriate way.
As part of a global team, they will build and maintain strong, trust based relationships with peers spanning multiple geographies and time zones.
The Senior Engineer will have the ability to work under minimal supervision from management and will be a source of support and guidance for junior colleagues.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support HSBC’s principles and priorities.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
The role is a unique opportunity to be a part of the founding team of KAFQA. The responsibilities of the role are per the below:
- Product Development: Partner with the founder & product team to create a product roadmap. Play a key role in influencing customer journey, experience & specs (requirements) with UX designer. Develop front end & back end systems and product.
- Project Management: Ensure product development roadmap timelines are achieved in a timely way with the right quality with progress being reported daily.
- Technology Excellence: Ensure that products have best in class performance on technology driven aspects (load times, latencies, uptimes, etc.).
- Hiring & Developing: Hire junior engineers, divide project workloads & mentor them to continuously improve.
- Continuous Improvement: Establish intake mechanism to convert user feedback into actionable upgrades in product design, track feature improvements & their progress and create rapid improvement cycles.
The role is based in Bangalore, India and reports directly to the Founder, CEO of KAFQA.
Experience, Qualifications & Person Type
The ideal candidate is someone who –
- Has 4+ years of experience in a digital product company
- Should have managed teams before & can attract talent
- Has experience in front end & back end technologies across web & app development
- Has studied computer science or engineering with at least a B.Tech or B.E degree
- Preferably is skilled in at least one performing art or is a hobbyist
- Is willing to fulfil all responsibilities above & go beyond as needed
- Moves fast to launch & fix issues
- Is a self-starter, operates with autonomy & can deal with ambiguity while being innovative & frugal
Looking for Software Architects @ WinSoft Technologies (I) Pvt Ltd
Winsoft Technologies is offering experienced software developers and architects an unparalleled product engineering opportunity in cutting edge Software Defined Network (SDN) space, with fast-growing clients in the USA and Europe.
We are a talented team of software professionals with a strong technology and domain focused growth culture. You can look forward to an open, flexible working environment combined with a generous CTC package.
We invite the following individuals to contact us and have a conversation about this opportunity:
1) Senior Software Architect / Systems Designer (experience level: 7+ years)
An expert having experience with a large variety of multi-tier architectures, aware of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of Java-based solutions, collaborate with multiple teams to provide efficient and innovative solutions to business requirements preferably in the networking domain and have good understanding & experience of high-performance micro-services scale & real-time response systems.
If you take pride in your work and desire to leave a mark on the industry do consider joining our specialized team of engineers.