7+ years of software development experience.
2+ years of people management experience
Experience building microservices deployed in a containerized infrastructure and cloud environment(GCP, AWS ,Azure etc)
What you will do :
Build ,manage and grow a strong engineering team across engineering lifecycle (Design ,built ,test,release and operate )
Maintain and improve your team's operating metrics.
Lead end to end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner
Work closely with every member of your team to develop their careers and reach their full potential.
Looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team that is responsible for implementing solutions that improve service security,stability and performance.
In partnership with a 1500 CR Conglomerate, we will be launching a combination of FinTech & Retail Marketplace focused on empowering Kirana Stores. Formal registration, Business Plan finalization and kick off activities are work-in progress. We are looking for 15+ years experienced technology specialists for the role of Head of Engineering.
You will lead this new value stream help the platform scale up to servce over a 3 million user base in the next 3-5 years
Location ; Bangalore / Chennai
Travel : Would be required in the initial stages
Compensation - Industry standard (open for discussion)
- 9+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Passionate Tech architect, retains narrow focus on research, system performance and scalability
Expertise in front end and backend JS frameworks (e.g React JS, Angular, Node.js,)
Experience working in Agile frameworks and project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Git)
Knowledge of deployment of distributed RESTful search platforms (like Elastic or Solr)
Experience in designing hyperscale architecture
Exposure to Microservices, AI/ML and Bigdata
Worked on at least one 0-1 initiative preferably IT product firms
Hands on ready to code any time (candidates who are interested only in advisory model, please excuse)
Candidates with good exposure working with OR algorithms would be given preference
Reasonably networked to be able to attract tech talent and build a large Engineering team independently
- Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver software products that delight our customers and accelerates our business growth.
- Be a combination of technical hands-on software engineer and a leader who has the ability to influence, guide, and inspire those around you.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Hire and retain a team of high-performing engineers and managers.
- Understand the market and our end customers.
- Stays current on leading industry trends.
- Conduct performance reviews, calibration sessions and feedback discussions for direct reports.
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Job Location: Chennai, Bangalore
The Engineering Org is looking for a proficient Engineering Manager to join a team that is building exciting
and futuristic Data Products at Condé Nast to enable both internal and external marketers to target
audiences in real time. As an Engineering Manager, you will drive the day-to-day execution of technical
and architectural decisions. EM will own engineering deliverables inclusive of solving dependencies
such as architecture, solutions, sequencing, and working with other engineering delivery teams.This role
is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping, and recommending solutions. Above all, you will
influence how users interact with Conde Nast’s industry-leading journalism.
● Primary Responsibilities
● Manage a high performing team of Software and Data Engineers within the Data & ML
Engineering team part of Engineering Data Organization.
● Provide leadership and guidance to the team in Data Discovery, Data Ingestion, Transformation
● Utilizing product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic data products after successful
prototyping and drive their engineering implementation
● Provide technical coaching and lead direct reports and other members of adjacent support teams
to the highest level of performance..
● Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance.
● Meeting hiring and retention targets of the team & building a high-performance culture
● Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
● Collaborate with Architects, Product Manager, Project Manager and other teams to deliver high
● Identify recurring system and application issues and enable engineers to work with release teams,
infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving
● Required Skills
● 4+ years of managing Software Development teams, preferably in ML and Data
● 4+ years of Agile Software development practices
● 12+ years of Software Development experience.
● Excellent Problem Solving and System Design skill
● Hands on: Writing and Reviewing code primarily in Spark, Python and/or Java
● Hand on: Architect & Design end to end Data Pipeline (noSQL databases, Job Schedulers, Big
Data Development preferably on Databricks / Cloud)
● Experience with SOA & Microservice architecture
● Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD,
Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
● Working Knowledge of cloud and devops skills (AWS will be preferred)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in evaluating team member performance and offering career development
● Experience in providing technical coaching to direct reports.
● Experience in architecting highly scalable products.
● Experience in collaborating with global stakeholder teams.
● Experience in working on highly available production systems.
● Strong knowledge of software release process and release pipeline.
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move to
invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely dedicated to
data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive engagement, fuel
process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market revenue. The Data team
aimed to create a company culture where data was the common language and facilitate an
environment where insights shared in real-time could improve performance.
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team at
Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and boost
online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data
Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client Services) along with Data
Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products to create data-driven solutions
for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse forms of
self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the extraordinary. We
are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé Nast, and It Starts Here.
As a Technical Architect, you need to be
- Technology Expert
- Creative and self-driven
- Customer centric
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environment
You will closely work with Head of Product Engineering responsible for for the platform development, Chief Technology Officer driving the technology innovation, Software Development Leaders, Program Manager, SCRUM Masters, UX Designers
You will be responsible for
- Driving and defining the technical architecture of the Core SaaS platform
- Develop high-level technical specifications and design of the platform
- Define technical product roadmap to continuously enhance the platform.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and technical guidelines to development team
- Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools
- Bring in best of the class architectural practices in the platform
- 8 – 15 years of software product development experience, with majority of them is hands on experience developing in enterprise software product
- Experience in developing and hosting PaaS or SaaS based products/platform with hands on experience in multiple cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and so on
- Experience developing enterprise- grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem
- Can mentor train existing team members on aspects of architecture, design and explain, document and elaborate architecture and design changes
- Strong background in architectural principles, patterns and anti-patterns
- Must have contributed to technology tools evaluation and technical proof of concept applications
- Should have experience in multiple tech-stacks including Data Analytics tech-stacks as well.
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate will be responsible for the architectural design, development and continuous improvement of the software and development process. The system involves real-time quote fetching and policy issuance with a deep integration with different insurance company systems.
Work Experience & Skills
- Strong experience in architecting and developing full-stack software systems.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in developing complex, large scale full stack consumer-facing responsive web products.
- Must have experience in Java and at least one Web framework such as Laravel / Django / CodeIgnitor and preferably with at least one JS framework like NodeJS, AngularJS or VueJS.
- Good exposure to few middleware technology tools such as application servers (nGinx, Apache, Tomcat), message queues (Gearman, ActiveMQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka) etc..
- Experience in SOA architecture, micro services and scalable web-services (SOAP & REST) are mandatory.
- Good command & experience on database concepts like RDBMS, NoSQL, data modelling, data normalization etc.
- Prior knowledge of technical documentation techniques like UML diagrams, flow charts, sequence diagram, interaction diagrams etc. is must for the role.
- Experience with Elastic infrastructure solutions / deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos) and CI/CD systems such as Jenkins is required.
- Exposure to Agile & Scrum processes with experience as Scrum Master on Jira or Rally or similar tools is desired.
- Past record of handling cloud hosting services of Amazon, Google or MS Azure for engineering deployments.
B Tech / BE / M Tech / ME or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant fields
QuestionPro is one of the leading market research platforms. We have a wide range of products in Market Research, Customer Experience, Employee Experience, Vehicle Experience. All our products are multi-tenant SAAS platforms built on the latest technologies.
Our infrastructure is spread across 6 Data Centers across the globe. The platform collects over 10Million Surveys every month. Our Customer Experience platform was named top provider in the Gartner Voice of the Customer Rankings. Ever since we launched in 2016, we have grown by over 200% YoY. All up we are on plan to hit $ 31M in 2021. We are bootstrapped and proud to get where we are without any funding or investments.
Our operations are spread across the globe with offices in the US, Mexico, Germany, UK, UAE, and Canada.
We are a bootstrapped company and proud to have not taken any funding or investment.
QuestionPro has a particularly exciting journey ahead, requiring a passionate individual to join our growing team. If you are a true technology craftsman and want to build cutting-edge software solutions, hit us!
We operate 100% remote. You will be working from any place you desire for this position.
- Be a team player: contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world-changing company
- Develop from the ground up a modular architecture to support a web API
- Manage all aspects of the software life cycle (Requirements gathering, Testing, Deployment, Support)
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implement security and data protection
- Build exciting applications by utilizing updated technologies and architectural design patterns
- Ability to attract talent and build a team.
Skills & Requirements
- Passionate about creating high-quality, flexible code
- Strong understanding of REST API principles and best practices
- Expertise in Java,
- Expertise in MySQL/Elasticsearch, Mongo or any NoSQL Database
- Proficient with Git
- Proficient in design patterns
- Good understanding of MVC architecture
Good To Have:
- Python, R, Docker, Kubernetes, ES6+
- Proficiency in ReactJS
- Any experience in ML/ NLP
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA / 1. ENGINEERING – LEADERSHIP / FULL TIME
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribuon (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercializaon teams together into one global organizaon. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribuon, network and engineering operaons, sales, adversing, data, and certain key technology funcons worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operaons of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domesc broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video plaorm in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop desnaon for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
In this role, you will build large distributed systems to process and stream video at scale and drive all user aspects. As a VP for the team, you will develop plaorms and tools that deliver personalized recommendaons to 500+ million users. You will work on building storage soluons and microservices that serve recommendaons at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
will develop tools that serve recommendaons to our users in real-me. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesng problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilies
Responsible for the overall soware development life cycle.
Management and execuon against project plans and delivery commitments
Manage the day-to-day acvies of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
Contribute substanally to innovaon and overcome technology limitaons to deliver on customer experience.
Report on the status of development, quality, operaons, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
14+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interacve consumer applicaons
Proficient with either Java or GoLang
7+ years of experience in soware development with strong experse in Java with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reacve programming
At least 5 years managing soware development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB) Experience/Knowledge of Nelix OSS.
Experience in server-side services using ElascSearch, Kaa Experience with AWS stack.
Experience with CI/CD processes.
A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-funconal, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
Excellent wrien and verbal communicaon skills with the ability to present complex technical informaon clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
- Self-Awareness - Ownership
- Bias for Acon
- Radical Candour - Inclusivity
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility. - No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A cket on our rocket ship to the moon.
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideraon for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, naonal origin, gender identy,
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characterisc protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to desnaon for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revoluonize internet entertainment through smart personalizaon, and by building a global video plaorm that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
Job Description – Head of Engineering
Credgenics is India’s first of its kind NPA resolution platform backed by credible investors including Accel Partners and Titan Capital. We work with financial institutions, Banks, NBFCs & Digital lending firms to improve their collections efficiency using technology, automation intelligence and optimal legal routes in order to facilitate the resolution of stressed assets. With all major banks and NBFCs as our clients, our SaaS based collections platform helps them efficiently improve their NPA, geographic reach and customer experience.
About the Role:
Credgenics is seeking an Engineering Leader to deliver and manage a diverse development team. An ideal candidate would lead a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers and Head of Product by structured thinking and delivering world class solutions.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical vision to the entire engineering team and the company
- Work closely with product managers and Head of Product to build a great product using lean principles
- Ensure development of projects are appropriately resourced and facilitate internal processes and collaboration to shorten development cycles and achievement of stable production
- Make architectural decisions that put the organization in the best position to deliver an amazing customer experience
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, systems, and engineering processes
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future software development
- Drive technical projects with a range of engineering teams to build, design, implement and maintain diverse scalable platform constructs for a core application
- Organize activities for the development, implementation, release, and maintenance of projects necessary for software development and sustenance
- Collaborate with product development, creative and UX teams to build and improve the customer experience from discovery through delivery
- Mentor the development teams, facilitating continuous evolution in both the user experience and backend platform development teams
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and improve the efficiency of their processes through technology solutions built at a rapid pace
- Deliver secure, efficient, high performing and stable code that meets or exceeds business needs
- Meet/exceed all web application technology standards/practices
- Review all documents related to Product requirement and participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Ensure business requirements in the form of production release deliverables are met
- Ensure resources are covered on projects, ensure no or minimal forecast/budget variance
- Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for engineering team, including employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building
- Mentor new resources to be successful in an individual and team setting
- Create a culture of innovation that enables continuous growth of individuals and the company
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback on a regular basis
- Lead a team of 30-35 engineers and report directly to the CTO
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have an Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech
- 9-12 years of work experience & a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience as an Engineering Head
- Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running software development projects
- Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus
- Solid understanding of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, with ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
- Proven experience in building tech services/systems that scaled
- Proven ability to attract and hire the best engineering talent
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures & design patterns
- Is Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best for advancement
- Expertise in open source technologies, agile development and big data technologies
- Experience with deploying & running products in a large-scale distributed architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication
This role will be based out of New Delhi
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate is expected to create and lead a team of engineers and drive dev efforts for
Medibuddy and its various products.
The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team (IIT/IIM grads) and will help
strategise, execute product roadmap.
Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and
Lead a team of 10+ Engineers [backend and/or mobile]
Responsible for engineering delivery in platform & product engineering pods at Medibuddy.
Scale the technology architecture, team and product to drive a 10x growth in next 12-24
Code and Architect key features that form backbone of DocsApp
Conduct performance reviews and mentor and guide the team reporting
Drive adoption best engineering practices in the team and the organization
- Deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable code at a fast pace.Skills & Qualifications:
- 9+ yrs. relevant experience in consumer tech/ or SaaS space.
- Tier 1 background (IIT/BITS/IIIT/NIT), Pass-out from 2014 batch or earlier.
Strong Technical Background: You have strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA
chops. You should have experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
Biased toward action. You must be able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into
opportunities for growth.
Balancing Short Term with Long Term - You have demonstrated strategic execution
balancing short term tactical execution with long term vision. You should be able to adapt
quickly as per the demands of the situation.
Efficient Execution - You must be persuasive, patient, compassionate and possess exquisite
Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports
initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing engineering
Stakeholder management - You complement product and business owners with finding the
right solutions in a timely manner.
Past entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
Databases/Datastores : Mysql , Redis / Memcache , MongoDB
- Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
- One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
- Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS, Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
Nice to have -
Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TCP