What is the role?
As a Senior/Principal Product Manager you will be responsible for the product roadmap, features, adoption, and bugs. This includes defining and prioritizing product roadmap, listening to customers, creating business requirements, driving functional requirements, driving this through development, and successfully launching new product features.
To read more about the kind of qualities we are looking for this role, please check this link - https://a16z.com/2012/06/15/good-product-managerbad-product-manager/
1. Develop business cases for each product feature to demonstrate feasibility including target pricing and margin, addressable and realizable market, SWOT analysis, estimated development, implementation, and support costs etc.
2. Develop functional, technical and designs specifications for the product.
3. Help define the value proposition of the product for the sales team and help develop the sales documentation that support the selling process of your products.
4. Research and understand competitive offerings in your sector.
5. Experience in E-commerce, CMS, Payment Apps, and Integration products will be preferred as the role would demand this experience.
Whom will you work with?
You will closely work with technology, design, sales and customer care teams. You'll report to head of product development for Plum.
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with 6+ years of product management function in a product company. We'll look forward to technical skills required for a product role along with soft skills required to manage multiple stakeholder roles.
We are looking for candidates from B2B SaaS or consumer SaaS based companies only.Rest we can explore together during our interactions. If you find yourself to be someone that fits this requirement then read on.
Job Title: Product Director Location: Gurgaon
The company is expanding its product team to further drive user growth, engagement & monetization. We are looking to bring onboard product folks who can own and drive critical product charters independently.
Key responsibility areas for the role are:
-Effectively drive the product strategy and roadmaps. From identifying and
defining the large pillars as well as figuring out the minor details.
-Identify the opportunities to pursue by conducting user research, derive insights from the platform data, studying the market trends and shifts.
-Formulate high leverage and feasible product solutions collaboratively with design, engineering, data science and business teams.
-Drive continuous improvement in the key KPIs.
Background, skills, and key traits
-You have at least 7 years of product management experience in a B2C
-Your education -subjects/areas are not as important as your learning ability and
the demonstrated achievements.
-You have a very high agency, and you are outcome oriented.
-You have the ability to effectively manage high growth team.
-You have a high bias for action, and you drive the momentum across the board.
-Your own benchmarks are of the best products in the world.
-You are humble and strive to learn continuously. You don’t shy away from
acknowledging and improving the inputs and the processes if the outcomes are
-You have high analytical skills. Slicing user funnels or designing and analyzing
experiments is second nature for you.
-You communicate and collaborate effectively with the key stakeholders and drive
alignment whenever necessary.
About the role
- Manage new products and features, improve existing products and features.
- Customer obsession & talking to customers on a regular basis.
- Hard core prioritisation on what is most important for users.
- Clear decision making in ambiguous situations using data & connecting the dots.
- Partner with engineering & design to ship great products & features
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years managing cross disciplinary products at scale as a product manager
- Strong passion for Privacy. Although no previous experience in this domain is required and mentorship will be provided, you must be willing to become a deep expert in this field.
- Computer Engineering or Software Engineering background with the ability to parse various layers of a software stack (to understand its implications on Privacy)
- A history of building and cultivating lasting cross-functional partnerships with both internal and external groups across Engineering, Product, Security, and Legal
- You are a strategic problem solver and valued collaborator; you are just as comfortable strategizing and leading as you are diving into the details of product work when circumstances require it.
- An entrepreneurial mentality and are flexible, self-motivated, dedicated, and hard-working. You actively recognise needs, resolve problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions.
3-5 years experience in the website domain (preferably) | Worked on at least 1 e-commerce website
- Oversee responsibilities and timely execution of Web Executive
- Collaborate with SEO Team to implement strategies
- Liaise with Design and Development teams for tasks and projects
- Be proactive in pitching improvements to the websites
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the client's website
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information
- Plan communication aligned with the brand’s strategy
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans
- Plan to improve the User Experience of the website regularly
- Collaborate with teams and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy
- Prepare and present strategies to grow website metrics that are important to the brand
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and monitor competitor websites
- Plan, strategise and track promotional campaigns
- Analyse, Strategise, plan and prepare monthly website performance and present to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain tracker of all updates on the website
- Ensure Client satisfaction & smooth communication
- All mails must be responded to within 24 hours on working days and any conversation about on-going/upcoming projects over whatsapp/call must be documented on mail
- At least 2 blog/video case studies highlighting business impact through website strategies implemented (Maximum 1 per brand)
- Atleast 4 instagram and linkedin carousel features for Schbang page highlighting small wins through strategy implemented (Maximum 2 per brand)
- Participate in at least 2 external website awards
- Strong attention to design detail
- Understanding user behaviour and building user journey
- Analytical mind and problem-solving attitude.
- Fantastic time management skills
- Ability to manage and work with teams
- Good clear communication
- At least 2 years of experience using any 2 CMSes
- Experience using at least 1 ecommerce platform (eg: Shopify, Magento)
- Google Analytics Power User
- Understand and read API Documentations
- Ability to adapt to new tools and softwares
- Resolve team conflict
- Good understanding of SEO
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment
- Presentation skills
- Preparing Pitch decks
Tools to master:
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Clarity
- CMS: Shopify, Wordpress, Magento, Drupal, Sitecore
- Shopify Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Docs, Slides, Sheets | Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Photoshop & Illustrator basic
- Figma basic
Our client is an expert in education financing and counselling related to higher studies abroad. They help students to understand about scholarships in various colleges abroad, whether they are eligible and how to apply for such esteemed institutions. Their dedicated page enlists every scholarship available across the globe, apart from other facilities required by students like visa counselling, forex, accommodation, Peer contacts etc.
They also offer the best resources for exams like IELTS, TOEFL and GRE apart from organising webinars and events to connect with industry experts, alumni and fellow students - that helps to prepare for these travels, loans and more. Partnered with the most prominent Banking and non-banking financiers, the team is led by FinTech-experienced IIT Kanpur alumni, passionate about offering sustainable financial offerings.
As a Product Manager, you will be building products that customers love. You will play a critical part in defining and building the perfect experience for millions, developing scalable, well-designed software that enhances people's lives globally.
What you will do:
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identifying, and filling product gaps and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scoping and prioritizing activities based on business and customer impact
- Working closely with technical teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Bringing new product features to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs based on various insights from Data Analytics & other stakeholders.
- Evaluating promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Completing operational requirements by scheduling and assigning associates, following up on work results.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you need to have:
- BE / BTech
- Experience at a B2C ed-tech company, preferably in the overseas education segment
- Experience in a startup
- Tech development experience
- Has prior experience in building and growing a digital B2C product
- Uses an optimal mix of intuition and analysis. Familiarity with design of experiments is a plus
- Is an effective communicator
- Knows how to bring teams together to effect timely delivery
Assistant Vice President - Technology/Service Delivery and Solutions - Be the partner to the client and business growth:
- Deliver solutions and services that promote growth and reinforce relationships.
- Emphasize attentive, value-based interactions with clients and partners.
- Provide seamless, consistent business experiences for all constituents.
- Practice the constructive change and disruption we advocate.
- Observe the tenets of a learning enterprise.
About the Position:
The VP technology is a highly visible position central to the overall account ownership and client relationship PAN India. With a full P&L, you will sell, lead and execute to develop and deliver client projects - centric technical solutions, helping the different client/industries turn digital technology developments and solutions. Your unit will bring together talent, domain knowledge, agile capabilities, cutting edge technological know-how, frameworks and automation assets to simplify processes, enhance operating environments, mitigate operational risks, modernise operating models and increase process efficiency and effectiveness for clients.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead in business development initiatives, RFP response preparation and pre-sales engagements.
- Leads the project management plans with the defined roadmap of project scope, assumptions, risks and overall project approach, including project resource needs, high-level timelines, project communications etc.
- Develops and administers project budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Ensuring delivery according to project timelines in order to ensure revenue recognition according to the forecast. Manages project issues/risks in a timely manner and appropriately escalates when necessary.
- Ensure effective scoping and estimation for pre-sales projects to produce win-win results
- Build strong business relationships with third-party partners and/or vendors for implementation services as necessary.
- Responsible for documenting Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) instructions for all ongoing business and transitioning the project to the Support team.
Process Improvement and Innovation:
- Drive the implementation of development best practices throughout the organization, while governing control and ensuring objectives are achieved. Risk management, resource allocation, project prioritization, and research and recommendation of new systems and software products and services.
- Foster a culture of innovation and fast execution, leading by example and hands-on execution.
- Drive the talent management effort for Technology, including hiring, developing, training and retaining a best in a class team spread across geographies.
- Develop competencies and resources in view of expectations of Technology vertical and for Grapes.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Excellence in strategic and analytical problem solving: Quantitative, fact-based approach to team-based problem solving and strategic approach to addressing issues and offering solutions.
- Business acumen and technical knowledge in the digital space: Strong business development skills. Must understand current market trends, risks and prevalent technologies used in the global Digital Marketing Space.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills: Polished verbal and written communication style. Ability to confidently build a strong rapport with project teams and the client.
- Personal drive: Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude, a strong desire to learn and shape your own career path. Commitment to making a positive lasting client impact.
- Self-guided attitude: The ability to succeed in a professional environment where client and project direction is not always well defined. Qualified candidates will understand how to produce results when working in challenging client environments and/or new business areas.
- Cultural adaptability: The ability to work in a globally distributed environment with customers based in different regions across and the workforce is primarily of an Indian origin
- Manage and lead cross-functional project team to ensure delivery of complex development projects
- Scope and requirements specifications
- Functional specifications
- Business/system analysis
- Resource planning and availability
- Program management of existing programs
- Maintain Project Schedules
- Product/Application SME
- Provide pre-sales support by working closely with our sales teams to understand and define client’s key business drivers and requirements
- Propose product solutions which meet those requirements, ensuring they are technically viable and add value to the overall proposal
- Understand and demonstrate solutions/products to clients at the initial Deal stage
- Support sales teams throughout the contract lifecycle including at client review meetings and identifying opportunities to upsell into existing accounts
- Liaise with clients post sale to develop project documentation including Statement of Work and implementation plans
- Driving Project delivery through coordination with the Product and the Engineering Team
- Process improvement in terms of adoption of Agile framework in Project Delivery
- Closely work with and guiding the Engineering team from a feature/product development standpoint.
- Status Reporting at an Overall Program Level catering to both Internal and External communication
- Involvement in Post Production Support and coordination with cross Functional teams of Operations, Finance and Analytics
The role is based in Bangalore. Are you ready for such an ambitious challenge?
What Will You Do ?
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap for our core bookkeeping platform, with specific focus on enhancing user retention and stickiness of the App, in concert with other product managers and cross-functional peers.
- Identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data and competitive analysis.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Drive roadmap implementation in collaboration with Engineering and UX/UI peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
- Help define processes and implement Agile best practices to continuously improve Sprint Planning and Sprint Management
- Use outcome estimation to prioritize the Product Backlog and maximise value delivered to users and the business
What Does It Take?
- 2-6 years of experience in Product Management
- Experience in Mobile App Product Management for a technology driven organization
- Passion for solving real people problems at scale
- Depth of experience leading major product or growth initiatives across multiple products, platforms and feature clusters
- Impact focus and consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- You can - rewire- your brain to think like a real business owner would and are genuinely interested in understanding their behaviour and motivations
- Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features.
- Impeccable follow-through. You say what you- ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don't let details slip.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
- You are competitive and like scale, settling for #2 is not your thing
- You thrive in a high pressure, high ambiguity environment
Plus Points :
- Successful track record in scaling up a consumer-facing product with supply & demand dynamics, primarily focusing on retention and engagement metrics
- Experience in fully owning an end-to-end domain and roadmap building for at least 1 year
- Product planning and execution throughout the lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, and own MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Create and articulate product development, improvement & further innovation (occasionally in front of investors or analysts), across internal and external client community
- Build, manage and retain team of high performing product managers
- At least 10 years of experience, at least 5 years of product management experience in a tier-1 product firm in fields related to e-Commerce, hyperlocal services, content, financial services, etc.
- Great people skills paired with a high level of assertiveness and very good communication
- Strong analytical, strategic and coordinating skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the current trends in lending business and technology
- Engineering training with additional training in business administration is a big plus
- Experience in Fintech technologies is an added advantage
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be putting your brilliant mind into thinking and defining the product vision and strategy.
You’ll understand the customer requirements by carrying out user research.
You’ll be creating road-map from conceptualisation to release.
You’ll evaluate market competition and position the product line to appeal to the user.
You’ll constantly analyse product performance post-launch and iterate on the same to
keep improving the product experience. (We are talking hardcore A/B Testing)
Come up with a clear-cut business impact for every suggested feature.
What you’ll bring to the team:
A passion for data and an exceptional ability to solve complex problems.
A mindset that will constantly think about ROI, business and revenue.
Design and run A/B tests to improve user journey and conversion of traffic to sales
Strong knowledge of SQL and Excel
Hands-on experience in any of the wireframing products like draw.io, Adobe XD,
Startup experience preferred but not mandatory (B2C Product is a big plus)
Appreciable know-how and experience in technology.
Good team player
Work independently under minimal direction with a strong work ethic.
You’ll bring an established ability to work in cross-functional environments including
working closely with sales, marketing, business management, customer support and engineering teams.