- Research and test novel machine learning approaches for analysing large-scale distributed computing applications.
- Develop production-ready implementations of proposed solutions across different models AI and ML algorithms, including testing on live customer data to improve accuracy, efficacy, and robustness
- Work closely with other functional teams to integrate implemented systems into the SaaS platform
- Suggest innovative and creative concepts and ideas that would improve the overall platform
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 5 + years experience in practical implementation and deployment of large customer-facing ML based systems.
- MS or M Tech (preferred) in applied mathematics/statistics; CS or Engineering disciplines are acceptable but must have with strong quantitative and applied mathematical skills
- In-depth working, beyond coursework, familiarity with classical and current ML techniques, both supervised and unsupervised learning techniques and algorithms
- Implementation experiences and deep knowledge of Classification, Time Series Analysis, Pattern Recognition, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Dynamic Programming and Optimization
- Experience in working on modeling graph structures related to spatiotemporal systems
- Programming skills in Python is a must
- Experience in developing and deploying on cloud (AWS or Google or Azure)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with well-known ML frameworks such as Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow
Most importantly, you should be someone who is passionate about building new and innovative products that solve tough real-world problems.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Data Analyst (Games Optimisation) you will be responsible for optimising in-game features and design, utilising A-B testing and multivariate testing of in-game components.
What you will be doing
Investigate how millions of players interact with Kwalee games.
Perform statistical analysis to quantify the relationships between game elements and player engagement.
Design experiments which extract the most valuable information in the shortest time.
Develop testing plans which reveal complex interactions between game elements.
Collaborate with the design team to come up with the most effective tests.
Regularly communicate results with development, management and data science teams.
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
A degree in a numerically focussed degree discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biological Sciences
A record of outstanding problem solving ability in a commercial or academic setting
Experience using Python for data analysis and visualisation.
An excellent knowledge of statistical testing and experiment design.
Experience manipulating data in SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
Relocation support available
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Researchers and Developers
Successful candidate will be part of highly productive teams working on implementing core AI algorithms, Cryptography libraries, AI enabled products and intelligent 3D interface. Candidates will work on cutting edge products and technologies in highly challenging domains and will need to have highest level of commitment and interest to learn new technologies and domain specific subject matter very quickly. Successful completion of projects will require travel and working in remote locations with customers for extended periods
Education Qualification: Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics, Information Systems from a reputed university and/or equivalent Knowledge and Skills
Location : Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Client Location (as needed)
Skillset and Expertise
• Strong software development experience using Python
• Strong background in mathematical, numerical and scientific computing using Python.
• Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning
• Experience working with SCRUM software development methodology
• Strong experience with implementing Web services, Web clients and JSON protocol is required
• Experience with Python Meta programming
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Design, develop and debug enterprise grade software products and systems
• Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Proficiency in English. Verbal communication in Hindi and other local
• Ability to effectively communicate product design, functionality and status to management, customers and other stakeholders
• Highest level of integrity and work ethic
7. Apache Kafka
1. Advanced Calculus
2. Numerical Analysis
3. Complex Function Theory
Concepts (One or more of the below)
1. OpenGL based 3D programming
3. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Algorithms a) Statistical modelling b.) DNN c. RNN d. LSTM e.GAN f. CN
- The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Experience using statistical languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Looking for someone with 3-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Has a Bachelor's, Master's in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques :
- GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining,social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages :R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees,neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
We are looking out for a technically driven "ML OPS Engineer" for one of our premium client
• Excellent hands-on expert knowledge of cloud platform infrastructure and administration
(Azure/AWS/GCP) with strong knowledge of cloud services integration, and cloud security
• Expertise setting up CI/CD processes, building and maintaining secure DevOps pipelines with at
least 2 major DevOps stacks (e.g., Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Argo)
• Experience with modern development methods and tooling: Containers (e.g., docker) and
container orchestration (K8s), CI/CD tools (e.g., Circle CI, Jenkins, GitHub actions, Azure
DevOps), version control (Git, GitHub, GitLab), orchestration/DAGs tools (e.g., Argo, Airflow,
• Hands-on coding skills Python 3 (e.g., API including automated testing frameworks and libraries
(e.g., pytest) and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform) and Kubernetes artifacts (e.g.,
deployments, operators, helm charts)
• Experience setting up at least one contemporary MLOps tooling (e.g., experiment tracking,
model governance, packaging, deployment, feature store)
• Practical knowledge delivering and maintaining production software such as APIs and cloud
• Knowledge of SQL (intermediate level or more preferred) and familiarity working with at least
one common RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle)
Work Timing: 5 Days A Week
• Ensure right stakeholders gets right information at right time
• Requirement gathering with stakeholders to understand their data requirement
• Creating and deploying reports
• Participate actively in datamarts design discussions
• Work on both RDBMS as well as Big Data for designing BI Solutions
• Write code (queries/procedures) in SQL / Hive / Drill that is both functional and elegant,
following appropriate design patterns
• Design and plan BI solutions to automate regular reporting
• Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions
• Creating and deploying datamarts
• Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
• Integrate heterogeneous data sources into BI solutions
• Ensure Data Integrity of data flowing from heterogeneous data sources into BI solutions.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/IT from Top Colleges
• 1-5 years of experience in Datawarehousing and SQL
• Excellent Analytical Knowledge
• Excellent technical as well as communication skills
• Attention to even the smallest detail is mandatory
• Knowledge of SQL query writing and performance tuning
• Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Drill
• Knowledge of fundamentals of Business Intelligence
• In-depth knowledge of RDBMS systems, Datawarehousing and Datamarts
• Smart, motivated and team oriented
• Sound knowledge of software development in Programming (preferably Java )
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and models
● Understand, apply and extend state-of-the-art NLP research to better serve our customers.
● Work closely with engineering, product, and customers to scientifically frame the business problems and come up with the underlying AI models.
● Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain innovative data and machine learning solutions to accelerate our business.
● Think creatively to identify new opportunities and contribute to high-quality publications or patents.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
● At Least 1 year of professional experience.
● Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields from the top colleges.
● Extensive knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, NLP, recommendation systems, information retrieval.
● Experience applying ML to solve complex business problems from scratch.
● Experience with Python and a deep learning framework like Pytorch/Tensorflow.
● Awareness of the state of the art research in the NLP community.
● Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
This is the first senior person we are bringing for this role. This person will start with the training program but will go on to build a team and eventually also be responsible for the entire training program + Bootcamp.
We are looking for someone fairly senior and has experience in data + tech. At some level, we have all the technical expertise to teach you the data stack as needed. So it's not super important you know all the tools. However, having basic knowledge of the stack requirement. The training program covers 2 parts - Technology (our stack) and Process (How we work with clients). Both of which are super important.
- Full-time flexible working schedule and own end-to-end training
- Self-starter - who can communicate effectively and proactively
- Function effectively with minimal supervision.
- You can train and mentor potential 5x engineers on Data Engineering skillsets
- You can spend time on self-learning and teaching for new technology when needed
- You are an extremely proactive communicator, who understands the challenges of remote/virtual classroom training and the need to over-communicate to offset those challenges.
- Proven experience as a corporate trainer or have passion for Teaching/ Providing Training
- Expertise in Data Engineering Space and have good experience in Data Collection, Data
- Ingestion, Data Modeling, Data Transformation, and Data Visualization technologies and techniques
- Experience Training working professionals on in-demand skills like Snowflake, debt, Fivetran, google data studio, etc.
- Training/Implementation Experience using Fivetran, DBT Cloud, Heap, Segment, Airflow, Snowflake is a big plus
• Responsible for developing and maintaining applications with PySpark
Technical Knowledge (Must Have)
- Strong experience in SQL / HiveQL/ AWS Athena,
- Strong expertise in the development of data pipelines (snaplogic is preferred).
- Design, Development, Deployment and administration of data processing applications.
- Good Exposure towards AWS and Azure Cloud computing environments.
- Knowledge around BigData, AWS Cloud Architecture, Best practices, Securities, Governance, Metadata Management, Data Quality etc.
- Data extraction through various firm sources (RDBMS, Unstructured Data Sources) and load to datalake with all best practices.
- Knowledge in Python
- Good knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Neo4J/ MongoDB)
- Experience/knowledge in SnapLogic (ETL Technologies)
- Working knowledge on Unix (AIX, Linux), shell scripting
- Experience/knowledge in Data Modeling. Database Development
- Experience/knowledge creation of reports and dashboards in Tableau/ PowerBI