- Work closely with your business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation.
- Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc
- Querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Visualizing/presenting data through various Dashboards for Data Analysis, Using Python Dash, Flask etc.
- Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Work in a POSIX/UNIX environment to run/deploy applications
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
- Able to create algorithms to extract information from large data sets
- Strong knowledge of Python, R, Java or another scripting/statistical languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation and analysis.
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL or other tools
- Strong understanding of various NLP, and NLU techniques like Named Entity Recognition, Summarization, Topic Modeling, Text Classification, Lemmatization and Stemming.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, etc.
- Experience with Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn
- Experience with Jupyter / Pandas / Numpy to manipulate and analyse data
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and their respective pros and cons
- Strong Knowledge of various Data Science Visualization Tools like Tableau, PowerBI, D3, Plotly, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, AWS, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages, such as SQL, Spark DataFrame API, etc.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g., Python, R, KDB+ and other relevant libraries)
- Experienced in building applications that meet enterprise needs – secure, scalable, loosely coupled design
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms, and design patterns
- Strong oral and written communication, and other soft skills critical to collaborating and engage with teams
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Data Scientist you will help utilise masses of data generated by Kwalee players all over the world to solve complex problems using cutting edge techniques.
What you tell your friends you do
"My models optimise the performance of Kwalee games and advertising every day!”
What you will really be doing
- Building intelligent systems which generate value from the data which our players and marketing activities produce.
- Leveraging statistical modelling and machine learning techniques to perform automated decision making on a large scale.
- Developing complex, multi-faceted and highly valuable data products which fuel the growth of Kwalee and our games.
- Owning and managing data science projects from concept to deployment.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the company to develop new products and avenues of research.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- A degree in a numerically focussed degree discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biological Sciences
- A record of outstanding contribution to data science projects.
- Experience using Python for data analysis and visualisation.
- A good understanding of a deep learning framework such as Tensorflow.
- Experience manipulating data in SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays!(Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Job Title – Data Scientist (Forecasting)
Anicca Data is seeking a Data Scientist (Forecasting) who is motivated to apply his/her/their skill set to solve complex and challenging problems. The focus of the role will center around applying deep learning models to real-world applications. The candidate should have experience in training, testing deep learning architectures. This candidate is expected to work on existing codebases or write an optimized codebase at Anicca Data. The ideal addition to our team is self-motivated, highly organized, and a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
Job Location: Remote (for time being) and Bangalore, India (post-COVID crisis)
- At least 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist role
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline. D. will add merit to the application process
- Experience with large data sets, big data, and analytics
- Exposure to statistical modeling, forecasting, and machine learning. Deep theoretical and practical knowledge of deep learning, machine learning, statistics, probability, time series forecasting
- Training Machine Learning (ML) algorithms in areas of forecasting and prediction
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning solutions in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) for production systems
- Research and enhance existing in-house, open-source models, integrate innovative techniques, or create new algorithms to solve complex business problems
- Experience in translating business needs into problem statements, prototypes, and minimum viable products
- Experience managing complex projects including scoping, requirements gathering, resource estimations, sprint planning, and management of internal and external communication and resources
- Write C++ and Python code along with TensorFlow, PyTorch to build and enhance the platform that is used for training ML models
- Worked on forecasting projects – both classical and ML models
- Experience with training time series forecasting methods like Moving Average (MA) and Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) with Neural Networks (NN) models as Feed-forward NN and Nonlinear Autoregressive
- Strong background in forecasting accuracy drivers
- Experience in Advanced Analytics techniques such as regression, classification, and clustering
- Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms, ability to explain use cases and tell stories
What you will do:
- Identifying alternate data sources beyond financial statements and implementing them as a part of assessment criteria
- Automating appraisal mechanisms for all newly launched products and revisiting the same for an existing product
- Back-testing investment appraisal models at regular intervals to improve the same
- Complementing appraisals with portfolio data analysis and portfolio monitoring at regular intervals
- Working closely with the business and the technology team to ensure the portfolio is performing as per internal benchmarks and that relevant checks are put in place at various stages of the investment lifecycle
- Identifying relevant sub-sector criteria to score and rate investment opportunities internally
Desired Candidate Profile
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience of at least 3 years with CA/MBA (mandatory)
- Experience in working in lending/investing fintech (mandatory)
- Strong Excel skills (mandatory)
- Previous experience in credit rating or credit scoring or investment analysis (preferred)
- Prior exposure to working on data-led models on payment gateways or accounting systems (preferred)
- Proficiency in data analysis (preferred)
- Good verbal and written skills
- 3+ years of experience in Machine Learning
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Engineering/Science.
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics with sound knowledge of programming and computer concepts.
- 10 and 12th acedemics 70 % & above.
- Strong Python/ programming skills
- Good conceptual understanding of Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Natural Language Processing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be able to manage team, meet project deadlines and interface with clients.
- Should be able to work across different domains and quickly ramp up the business processes & flows & translate business problems into the data solutions
DataWeave provides Retailers and Brands with “Competitive Intelligence as a Service” that enables them to take key decisions that impact their revenue. Powered by AI, we provide easily consumable and actionable competitive intelligence by aggregating and analyzing billions of publicly available data points on the Web to help businesses develop data-driven strategies and make smarter decisions.
Data [email protected]
We the Data Science team at DataWeave (called Semantics internally) build the core machine learning backend and structured domain knowledge needed to deliver insights through our data products. Our underpinnings are: innovation, business awareness, long term thinking, and pushing the envelope. We are a fast paced labs within the org applying the latest research in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning to hard problems in different domains.
How we work?
It's hard to tell what we love more, problems or solutions! Every day, we choose to address some of the hardest data problems that there are. We are in the business of making sense of messy public data on the web. At serious scale!
What do we offer?
● Some of the most challenging research problems in NLP and Computer Vision. Huge text and image
datasets that you can play with!
● Ability to see the impact of your work and the value you're adding to our customers almost immediately.
● Opportunity to work on different problems and explore a wide variety of tools to figure out what really
● A culture of openness. Fun work environment. A flat hierarchy. Organization wide visibility. Flexible
● Learning opportunities with courses and tech conferences. Mentorship from seniors in the team.
● Last but not the least, competitive salary packages and fast paced growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is a strong software developer or a researcher with experience building and shipping production grade data science applications at scale. Such a candidate has keen interest in liaising with the business and product teams to understand a business problem, and translate that into a data science problem.
You are also expected to develop capabilities that open up new business productization opportunities.
We are looking for someone with a Master's degree and 1+ years of experience working on problems in NLP or Computer Vision.
If you have 4+ years of relevant experience with a Master's degree (PhD preferred), you will be considered for a senior role.
Key problem areas
● Preprocessing and feature extraction noisy and unstructured data -- both text as well as images.
● Keyphrase extraction, sequence labeling, entity relationship mining from texts in different domains.
● Document clustering, attribute tagging, data normalization, classification, summarization, sentiment
● Image based clustering and classification, segmentation, object detection, extracting text from images,
generative models, recommender systems.
● Ensemble approaches for all the above problems using multiple text and image based techniques.
Relevant set of skills
● Have a strong grasp of concepts in computer science, probability and statistics, linear algebra, calculus,
optimization, algorithms and complexity.
● Background in one or more of information retrieval, data mining, statistical techniques, natural language
processing, and computer vision.
● Excellent coding skills on multiple programming languages with experience building production grade
systems. Prior experience with Python is a bonus.
● Experience building and shipping machine learning models that solve real world engineering problems.
Prior experience with deep learning is a bonus.
● Experience building robust clustering and classification models on unstructured data (text, images, etc).
Experience working with Retail domain data is a bonus.
● Ability to process noisy and unstructured data to enrich it and extract meaningful relationships.
● Experience working with a variety of tools and libraries for machine learning and visualization, including
numpy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow.
● Use the command line like a pro. Be proficient in Git and other essential software development tools.
● Working knowledge of large-scale computational models such as MapReduce and Spark is a bonus.
● Be a self-starter—someone who thrives in fast paced environments with minimal ‘management’.
● It's a huge bonus if you have some personal projects (including open source contributions) that you work
on during your spare time. Show off some of your projects you have hosted on GitHub.
Role and responsibilities
● Understand the business problems we are solving. Build data science capability that align with our product strategy.
● Conduct research. Do experiments. Quickly build throw away prototypes to solve problems pertaining to the Retail domain.
● Build robust clustering and classification models in an iterative manner that can be used in production.
● Constantly think scale, think automation. Measure everything. Optimize proactively.
● Take end to end ownership of the projects you are working on. Work with minimal supervision.
● Help scale our delivery, customer success, and data quality teams with constant algorithmic improvements and automation.
● Take initiatives to build new capabilities. Develop business awareness. Explore productization opportunities.
● Be a tech thought leader. Add passion and vibrance to the team. Push the envelope. Be a mentor to junior members of the team.
● Stay on top of latest research in deep learning, NLP, Computer Vision, and other relevant areas.