What You'll Do
You will be part of our data platform & data engineering team. As part of this agile team, you will work in our cloud native environment and perform following activities to support core product development and client specific projects:
- You will develop the core engineering frameworks for an advanced self-service data analytics product.
- You will work with multiple types of data storage technologies such as relational, blobs, key-value stores, document databases and streaming data sources.
- You will work with latest technologies for data federation with MPP (Massive Parallel Processing) capabilities
- Your work will entail backend architecture to enable data modeling, data queries and API development for both back-end and front-end data interfaces.
- You will support client specific data processing needs using SQL and Python/Pyspark
- You will integrate our product with other data products through Django APIs
- You will partner with other team members in understanding the functional / non-functional business requirements, and translate them into software development tasks
- You will follow the software development best practices in ensuring that the code architecture and quality of code written by you is of high standard, as expected from an enterprise software
- You will be a proactive contributor to team and project discussions
Who you are
- Strong education track record - Bachelors or an advanced degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline from Indian Institute of Technology or equivalent premium institute.
- 2-3 years of experience in data queries, data processing and data modeling
- Excellent ANSI SQL skills to handle complex queries
- Excellent Python and Django programming skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience in modern and distributed data stack components such as the Spark, Hive, Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and native cloud technologies for data storage and data processing
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Blobs, MongoDB etc.
- Familiarity with ML models is highly preferred
- Experience with Big Data processing and performance optimization
- Should know how to write modular, optimized and documented code.
- Should have good knowledge around error handling.
- Experience in version control systems such as GIT
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Self-starter, continuous learner.
Good to have some exposure to
- Start-up experience is highly preferred
- Exposure to any Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau, Dundas, Power BI etc.
- Agile software development methodologies.
- Working in multi-functional, multi-location teams
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Be an integral part of the founding team. You will work directly with the founder
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
- Business knowledge of multiple sectors
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technology Lead (Python or Node), who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from scratch.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Architect scalable software solutions and mentor a team of high performing developers.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshoot to ensure uptime for live systems etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier college.
- Prior 4+ years of experience in back-end development (Python/ Golang) in a start-up or a dynamic work environment.
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance systems.
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores etc.
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
Key Skills: Ruby 2.5,2.6,2.7, rails versions -4,5,6, AWS, CSRF tokens, Jenkins, GIT/SVN ,
MYSql, PostgreSql Databases , Capistrano, Sidekiq, Elastic search, Redis, Active Record.
Certifications: Completion of Ruby on Rails certification course will be an added advantage.
Additional Skills: Good interpersonal skills.
Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with libraries, syntax of Ruby and its nuances
Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful for Data Transfer
Good understanding of object-oriented programming
Strong understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim, etc
Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass, based on project
Better practice in developing a website from scratch using Rails and various gems-
Devise, Active Admin, Pry, Carrier-wave, CanCan, Capistrano
Experience in handling Dashboards and Integrate with public & private API including
email providers, payment processors, and social media.
Collaborate with the front-end team to build innovative and responsive website design.
Should be aware of caching and handling memory leaks
Strong experience in database management (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
Integration of data storage solutions like databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc
Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Design, build and maintain effi cient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server
Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Able to Maintain and implement unit tests, code quality , automatization
Familiarity with development aiding tools with continuous integration
Work with our awesome team
Work for Unicorn clients like Myntra, Nyka, Makemytrip, Book my show
Work on latest technologies & world class applications.
1. Good knowledge and hands on experience in Java development with.
2. Good knowledge of Java and J2EE internals (Multi threading, Memory Management, Transaction
3. Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
4. Working experience in developing web applications using Spring MVC or Spring Boot.
5. Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills is a must.
6. Able to write well-structured, testable, efficient code.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated java backend developer to engineer low latency
applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance. You will be
contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle, and will be working closely with a cross-functional
team to create highly scalable products.
Salary: As per Industry Standards
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - eCommerce, Internet Technologies
Role: Backend Engineer
● Leads a project end-to-end and collaborates across functions. Drives planning,
estimation and execution.
● Understands requirements well and comes up with efficient design
● Develops complex, well backed and bug-free products. Estimates accurately.
● Takes well-reasoned tech decisions keeping in mind goals and trade-offs
● Becomes a go-to person in more than one area. Provide technical mentoring to team
● Communicates clearly, gets clarifications and establishes expectations for all parties
● Helps establish SDLC best practices and high standards of code quality
● Demonstrates excellent problem solving & debugging skills
● Proactively identifies and resolves issues in requirements, design and code
● Contributes in tech recruitment efforts
Ideal Candidate Profile
● Solid experience in RoR, Golang, NodeJS or Python. Good to have exposure to ML.
● Should have experience in cloud computing
● Has an ability to quickly learn and contribute in multiple codebase
● Overcomes roadblocks and requires minimal oversight
● Takes initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her
● Able to deep dive into codebase and advise QA of possible regression impact
● Communicates tech decisions through design docs and tech talks
● Has delivered projects with end-to-end accountability
● Keeps track of industry trends and introduces right tech/tools for a given job
● Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data
● 8+ years of experience in product driven organization
● A Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering from a reputed institute (preferably
IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes)
- Designing scalable systems for high load.
- Defining and improving the development processes which includes implementation and Quality Assurance as well
- Architecting complex scalable systems with a keen eye towards performance, security and availability while also taking on a super hands-on role towards implementation
- Spearheading all inbound and outbound API integrations to build the most robust and scalable integration platform in the B2B Retail space.
- Working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment.
- Using open source as much as possible, and blogging about cool things that you learnt and built.
What you need to have:
- B.Tech /B.E.; Any Graduation
- Strong relational DB experience preferred
- Must be very much in touch with backend coding and want to do it everyday
- Our stack is primarily built around Node (Loopback), Mongo and ElasticSearch.
- Deep familiarity with Git and basic working knowledge of DevOps (Server and DB config, Docker, Kubernetes etc) is strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of NodeJS, PHP, MongoDB and MySQL.
- The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, serverless architectures and complex problem solving skills.
- You will help set a very high bar on code quality.
- We have started the transition towards micro services, one of your core responsibilities is ensure micro services are used wherever it makes sense
- The Architect/ Lead Backend Engineer will handle the digital experience from inception to go-live model.
- The role holder is expected to create a vision and roadmap for the digital experience to provide best in class customer experience for each of the product solutions handled. The role holder will play a critical role in leading the innovation and growth of our front end web and mobile platforms.
- Must be from Good Companies and have been working on high Scale of Traffic
- Proficiency in engineering practices and writing high quality code, with expertise in either one of Java or Groovy or Go.
- 3+ years of experience building microservices.
- Strong experience in architecting and building distributed systems, scalability, and availability
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Good understanding of RxJava or Actors framework
- Proficient with RDBMS
- Strong knowledge on data stores, database design, data modelling and SQL queries
- Extensive experience building and owning large- scale distributed backend systems
- Experience working with three or more of : Unix/Linux environments, Distributed and parallel systems, Workflow automation, CI/CD Platform development, Cloud platforms development e.g. AWS/GCP, Kubernetes/Container platforms based development
Experience: 2.5 to 4 years
About Studily: Optimizing education through personalized learning, Studily is here to empower educators and indulge learners across the globe. Studily uses the Flipped Learning Model to create a student-centric tool that applies artificial intelligence technology to prepare today's schooling system for tomorrow's Education Revolution.
- 2+ years' of experience in web development using NodeJs technologies.
- B.E., B. Tech., Msc IT, MCA etc in Software engineering/ Information technology.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code following best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc)
- Debug and refactoring of existing code, troubleshoot problems
- Collaborate with other developers, testers and other leads to enhance to quality product enhancements
- Take full responsibility for the quality of the code and test cases that are developed.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Provide task estimations and deliver quality code on time.
- Participate in architectural, design, and product sessions.
- Interact with different stakeholders to gather feedback and clarification.
- Research and apply new technologies and best practices.
- Should enjoy the experience of mentoring new hires on technical and process areas.
- Must have hands-on experience in building Microservices based software architecture. Must have Unix /Docker /Kubernetes /NOSQL experience
- Knowledge of ReactJS is preferable.
- Thorough understanding of databases such as MySQL, MongoDB or similar technologies
- In depth knowledge of working with Git.
- Experience with Restful APIs, Postman etc.
- Understanding of AWS/EC2, or other cloud services.
- Object-oriented application building experience in a professional Agile/Scrum environment.
- Good to have Unix /Docker/Kubernetes/NOSQL experience.
- AWS services
- Unix /Docker/Kubernetes/NOSQL
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop well-designed performant and scalable applications and microservices
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code aligning to software development best practices
- Integrate data storage solutions including databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Build integrations with 3rd party applications through apis’ to ingest and process data
- Develop state-of-the-art analytics tools to support diverse tasks ranging from ad hoc analysis to production-grade pipelines and workflows for customer applications
- Ensure security and data protection aspects within the applications
- Partner with Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to improve the performance and reliability of advanced algorithms
- Ensure high performance and availability of distributed systems and applications
- Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff to support live customer deployments and production issues
- 4+ years of experience in developing applications using python and related technologies.
- Familiarity in data ingestion and processing libraries in python.
- Thorough understanding of REST and GRPC technologies.
- Experience in using ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries for data access.
- Experiencing in developing and hosting APIs and integration with external applications.
- Experience in building data models and repositories using relational and NoSql databases.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Bitbucket and agile methodologies.
- Good to have knowledge of AWS services like Lambda, dynamodb, kinesis and others.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Affinity for learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in working with docker is a plus
- Comfortable in working with Unix/Linux environment
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal
- Development and maintenance of existing codebases.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques.
- You will be working on different technologies and domains as needed.
- Strong logical thinking.
- Good knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong Knowledge of any one programming language.
- Knowledge of web frameworks (i. e. Django, spring, express)
- Flexible to learn new languages and technologies as needed.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of AWS and GCP
- Earlier experience in SailsJS