Position – Product Designer
Location – Mumbai/Bangalore
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Roles & Responsibilities
* Reviewing and improving our current platforms
* Define visual elements, product elements, and overall design
* Individually contribute to projects along with the product manager, developers and stakeholders
* Interacting with the team for ideation and work critique
* Evaluate and set best UI practices and standards
* Creating functional as well as beautiful solutions to the most hideous of problems across all devices
* Intriguing us with new ideas, thoughts, or observations
- Intriguing us with new ideas, thoughts, or observations
* Full time-based in Mumbai/Bangalore, we like to work collaboratively
* 2 - 5 years of relevant design experience
* User obsessed with strong Visual skills
* Hold other creative inclinations; we believe hobbies are an integral part of Designer’s growth
Freedom to execute with an opportunity to build a new product
Qualification – Any Graduate
Years of Exp – 2 - 5
upGrad is an online higher education platform. Founded by Ronnie Screwvala, Mayank Kumar, Ravijot Chugh and Phalgun Kompalli in March’ 2015, upGrad provides rigorous industry-relevant programs designed and delivered in collaboration with world-class faculty and industry. Merging the latest technology, pedagogy, and services, upGrad is creating an immersive learning experience – anytime and anywhere.
Through exclusive partnerships with some of the most prominent universities like IIIT-Bangalore, MICA, BITS Pilani, ISB, Cambridge Judge Business School- our aim to impart university education, online.
Learning online can be tough, especially when you have to do it all by yourself. Reasons why you should upskill with UpGrad:
- We provide an engaging experience via our suite of learning applications right from the university applications till you get a job and transition
- We provide structured online courses in collaboration with some of the prominent universities and industry experts
- We co-create a rigorous curriculum in collaboration with these universities to provide the learners with a holistic learning experience
- All our courses are comprehensive, structured and rigorous - delivered online, providing you the flexibility and opportunity of continuous learning
- We conduct regular live lectures with the industry experts and the professors
- Each of our learners is allocated with a dedicated student mentor who helps them chart a career path and motivates them to push themselves
- We provide in-depth feedback on all the assignments, case studies, and projects
- We have delivered 400+ successful career transitions and we’re committed to building careers of tomorrow
- You get access to an alumni network of 3,000+ students across the globe
- We also conduct periodic offline events like Hackathons, Bootcamps, Alumni Nights and connect you not only to the professors and industry experts but the peers in your batch too
- Last but not the last, we provide career assistance and help all the learners with interview preparations, mentorship calls, and job placements even after the completion of the program
We are looking for a user-experience and user interface designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
They will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to create compelling experiences for spanning Responsive Web, Mobile, and Tablet. You will be engaged throughout the product life cycle.
We are the largest online legal / tax / compliance service providers in India. Our business is technology driven and our app is already servicing customers across India and abroad.
Our dev team comprises seasoned and experienced developers along with Senior Resources for mentoring. We are looking forward to expanding our team.
Engineering at Vakilsearch:
At Vakilsearch, our customers come first. We're a small, close-knit team. We work purposefully and think big when it comes to our growth as a team and individuals.
We encourage you to spend time with our users, and our empathy for our customers sets the bar really high for the products and experiences we ship. We welcome people who are passionate about building a digital legal / tax / compliance future without reliance on humans and subject matter experts. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together
UX Engineer will be responsible for on-time and quality delivery of all deliverables for the product. Depending on requirements, as a product engineer, she/he will be responsible for delivering all or some of the following.
- Conducting and executing research processes, Usability Audits under the guidance of Lead UX Engineer
- Creating personas and establishing the critical information flow that allows the personas to establish specific goals
- Navigation Structures
- Interactive Guidelines
- Click through Prototypes
- Low fidelity grid based HTML outputs
- Information Architecture presented in flow diagrams. Currently we are using Miro for this - We consider this very important as it clearly establishes your line of thought against the given problem
- Ideate and design of innovative solutions using the latest UX design guidelines
- Must have the ability to work within a design team and be open to critique
- Sketch ideas and assist with storyboard creation, creative collaborative personality
- Work with project team and be actively involved in all aspects of the work
- Proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements; follow agile methodology
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Deep understanding of current UI/UX trends and product design guidelines
- Proficiency in using multiple tools and techniques in order to arrive at the right solutionNow we need to conduct test remotely for
- Ready to experiment with different thought paradigms and build it out as clickable prototypes
- Minimum 3 years of experience in UX/UI Design
- Experience of working in Agile SW development teams
- Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Empathetic to business and end consumer needs
- Hands-on experience with User Research, Usability Testing (Guerrilla,A/B), Information Architecture, UCD (User Centered Design) and Prototyping.
- Expert knowledge on Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator and any wireframing tools.
- Working knowledge of Mobile UI/UX best practices and keeps up to date with modern schematics
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Working knowledge of Mobile UI/UX best practices and keeps up to date with modern schematics
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
What you'll do
- Take high-level product ideas from conception to mockups, wireframes, and finished renderings
- Partner with engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception through launch
- Creation, implementation, and maintenance of a consistent Design Language for Tartan across all platforms
- Take ownership of Product design for Tartan's product across Desktop, Mobile (Web), and Mobile (Android and iOS) builds
- Identify problems and deficiencies and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Come up with various ideas and strategies to sustain and increase engagement and retention through various design elements
- Track the initiatives and measure week-over-week progress
- Collaborate with development, and marketing teams
- A/B test various strategies, make improvements and take key decisions around them
- Be data-driven and open to experimentation
We would love to hear from you if
- You have 3+ years of experience in hands-on user experience and visual design in the software industry with a strong focus on responsive design for cloud-first desktop/browser applications
- 1+ years of professional experience using Figma or Sketch and pushing these design tools to their limits. You are fluent in nested symbols/components and auto-layout constraints
- Strong background in interaction design, with the ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind design decisions
- Strong visual design sense and impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Comfortable with uncertainty and things changing fast, this is early-stage startup life. You're constantly balancing the need for quality and well-thought details with the required speed of iteration
- Brand new MacBook
- Stock Options
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited Sick Leaves
- Passion Fund (Invest in yourself or your passion project)
- Wind Down
Triveous is a fully remote startup that is passionate about building impactful mobile-first products for India and the world. Over the past few years, we’ve had the opportunity of working on some truly inspirational projects for some of the best companies in the world, it should give you an idea of the kind of things you’ll be spending time on if you decide to work with us:
- For IDEO and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Worked on a framework to increase digital confidence for the next billion internet users, available at https://digitalconfidence.design/
- For Google: Advised Google’s partners on UX best practices for mobile apps and strategies to improve key metrics like engagement and retention
- For Novopay and Khoslalabs: Created multiple fintech apps for millions of underbanked users across India
- For Triveous (That’s us): Created Skyro a “google docs for audio” with over a million downloads and was featured internationally on the play store
- For FREND: Worked with FREND (a nonprofit) on a unique offline-first mobile platform that gives livelihood to women in over 3,00,000 villages across India.
We are looking for a Product designer to join Triveous and help us in our journey to create beautiful, usable, and inclusive mobile products. She/He will be responsible for understanding and executing the entire design lifecycle of various projects. That includes creating user personas, mapping user journeys, creating prototypes, and testing them out with actual users.
The role also involves talking to client stakeholders to execute the design process independently. Experience in communicating design inputs, decisions, and outputs with key stakeholders is a definite plus.
Since this is a remote role, you would need to be self-motivated and proactive in all the work that you do.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand business requirements and user needs
- Create user personas, journey maps, and various other design artifacts
- Create prototypes of varying fidelity
- Communicate design solutions to key stakeholders
- Define and track key metrics related to user experience
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research to generate meaningful insights that will drive creative concepts
Skills and Requirements
- Experienced with 1+ years in Product Design/UX roles.
- Good experience in user experience and interface design, with a supporting portfolio
- Experience in designing mobile applications
- Experience in understanding and mapping complex user journeys
- Ability to form, prototype, and clearly communicate ideas and decisions.
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Familiarity with prototyping tools like Figma/Sketch
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to work well with remote, cross-functional teams
- Responsible, self-motivated, and comfortable taking the initiative.
- Attentive to the finer details and love what you do
- Experience with various user research methodologies
- Experience in building offline-first application
You’ll be our: Interaction Design Manager
You’ll be based at: IBC Knowledge Park, Bengaluru
You’ll be aligned with: Customer Experience Lead
You’ll be the member of: Customer Experience Team
What you’ll do :
As a design leader, you will be working with Product managers, Experience managers and Engineering teams to define strategies and lead the creation of great unparalleled customer experiences
You will be owning & driving the quality of Customer and Business-facing interfaces designed across customer journeys
You will be designing how designers design. Dream, explore, create, and nurture other designers’ skills and processes, identifying areas for improvement through collaborating across functions at company
Involve yourself in increasing the effectiveness of the entire team by helping to define and adapt design processes that elevate the productivity and well-being of the Interaction Design Team
Manage communication and documentation within the interaction design team, partner with other functions, external contacts, and contribute to a company-wide understanding of the role of design
Introduce new ideas, new processes, and new tools to best support an efficient process, creative work, and consistently high-quality execution
Facilitate project scheduling, establish deadlines, ensure the team is aware of key milestones, lead team meetings, and coordinate creative/design reviews throughout the entire product lifecycle
Here’s what we are looking for:
6-9 years in Interaction Design, with an emphasis on digital product design
Experienced in managing design team and comes with a deep understanding of design methodology and the creative process
Experienced in collaboration and building relationships - interfacing with Research, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams
Experienced in scoping, managing, and facilitating design sprints and workshops with large interdisciplinary teams
Must be driven by outcomes and committed to continuous learning
Experience in working with rapid-growth companies or startups is an added advantage
What you'll bring :
Degree in design from Tier 1 Design schools would be preferred but is not a mandate
6-9 years of relevant experience
About Attryb Tech Private Limited
Attryb helps SME businesses in marketing their products and services across the marketing platforms and acquires a holistic picture of the data and persona of their users, helping businesses improve customer experience and marketing ROI.
We are looking for an entry-level UI/UX Designer to join our growing team. To be successful in this role, you should be a self-driven problem solver.
- Gather, understand and evaluate user requirements for a marketing technology product focused on US small and medium enterprises
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps to the senior leadership in the nascent product
- Work on quickly iterating over wireframes through the product and tech team's feedback
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product functions
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Set and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Full time (in-office) availability
- UX/UI design portfolio - please include it with your application.
- Experience in UX, UI, interaction, and visual design with patterns, tools, and methodologies to draw from.
- Able to design autonomously in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast-paced surroundings.
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas and a high interest in solving complex product challenges.
- Experience with prototyping (InVision, Figma, Adobe XD, etc.) as a way to explore and validate ideas, and communicate design requirements.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity in the early production definition stages.
- You’re extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- A real passion for designing highly efficient and intuitive user experiences.
- A preference for creating clean, “less is more” user interface designs.
- Ability to give and grow from constructive feedback.
You will be partnering with the Product Owners, Engineers, Data Scientists, and other colleagues, working in a cross-functional and distributed team. Together, you will be actively involved in defining the customers’ and the business’ problems.
You’ll identify the key metrics for the projects you are involved in and take ownership for achieving their success.
You will research and bring forward new findings and learnings for reaching complex company goals - such as launching in new territories and offering new products.
From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
We love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs, thus you will be running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing
Once that’s done, iterate, implement with the technical team, and present the final solution during the design reviews;
We are not stopping here, we believe in continuous improvement, so you’ll review the performance of the release, identify learnings and find ways to enhance it.
To ensure we are speaking the same language as a team, we have the support of a design system - so you’ll kick in!
As a Lead Designer, you will have more responsibility around hiring, people management, and ownership of the product (or family of products) that you work on. You will also interact with our most senior stakeholders, and you will closely mentor a small team of Designers.