Company is a remote-first team, looking to scale our Open Source Feature
Flagging, Remote Config and A/B Testing product. With both SaaS and on-premises customers, we are investing into our globally distributed, low latency API and making it simple for customers to deploy on their own infrastructure via Kubernetes and OpenShift.
We are looking for a Lead Server-Side Engineer, who also enjoys working on dev-ops, infrastructure and orchestration, and can help build out our existing API and infrastructure.
We are a really small team right now, and this is our first technical hire outside of the founders, so it’s a great opportunity to be part of something that is looking to scale quickly!
We are looking for someone who loves working with:
- Python. Django Rest Framework experience would be great, but not essential! We prioritise
- quality over quantity.
- Postgres with InfluxDB, Oracle, MySQL and Redis experience a plus.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, OpenShift and associated tooling.
- AWS, especially ECS, Lambda, RDS and DynamoDB. Performance and uptime are super
- important to us.
- The challenge of scaling a global, distributed API to 10,000+ requests per second.
- We have SDKs in a bunch of languages, so the more polyglot you are the better.
- If you like writing JS and React that would be awesome too.
We are a 100% remote team, currently based on the West Coast US and in Europe
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Combine excellent abstract reasoning ability to document, architect, develop and test software with the commitment to excellence/defect free before being deployed.
- Write and implement low latency applications & software solutions that integrate with different systems.
- Rapidly incorporate new technologies as required & deliver successfully by self.
- Work closely with mentors, team members, team leads, program managers and stakeholders to investigate, fix, optimize, test and deploy high quality solutions.
- Drive the technical design, implementation and maintenance of larger tech initiatives geared toward improving and scaling of products.
- Accurately schedule & and track progress of self & team members. Create end to end Work Breakdown & estimates for modules being implemented.
- Participate in planning & recognizing inconsistencies (e.g., scope, resources, feasibility, usability, customer value, etc.) in product requirements and alert the Project Mentor. Handle independently or assist the Mentor in building, testing, and documenting product releases.
- Support the team in deploying product functionality & assist the TLs in troubleshooting in the production environment.
- Proactively promote Tech Culture by writing blogs, making presentations which will help you learn & grow.
- Effectively communicate one-on-one with on-shore / off-shore product teams / developers; gather and clarify requirements from technical folks / product managers / business teams.
- Proactively assist and serve as a role model for the team members to follow the team software development process; consistently innovate the team processes to improve team productivity and quality.
- Strong Analytical, Problem Solving Skills and participates in all activities with urgency, a results orientation, and a strong work ethic.
- Must have technical knowledge of Python.
- Must have hands-on experience in developing Restful APIs and Web Services.
- Knowledge of Django (or any other established Python web frameworks) would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Angular or React or similar technologies would be an added advantage.
- Strong experience with relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix Operating system & comfortable with command line.
- Experience with modern software engineering workflows and tools (e.g. Agile, JIRA, Git, CI/CD, Amazon Web Services, Observability and Monitoring tools like ELK, Datadog, NewRelic, etc.).
- Experience in all areas of SDLC, including architecture and design, development, and testing.
- Extremely passionate about code reviews, engineering best practices and mentoring/coaching the developers to make them successful.
- Excellent understanding of feature estimation and ability to communicate issues and risks that may impact timelines, budget, or resources.
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle.
- Can gather and clarify requirements from technical folks / product managers / business teams.
- Lead by example & act as a role model for the team.
How will you grow here:
- Work in multiple projects & teams spread across different domains and technologies.
- Work & interact directly with senior directors in an open and flat hierarchical structure.
- You can own all aspects of leading software products and projects.
- You get to work with top-notch engineers and leaders with decades of experience in building and delivering great software.
- Work with CXOs / Senior Directors of various emergent companies in US & India.
- Get involved with the newest products, latest technologies and different methodologies.
- Opportunity to Mentor the Best and Get Mentored by the Best.
How we thank you for your invaluable contribution:
- Events, activities and outings aplenty (We really party hard!).
- A stimulating and energetic work environment which encourages creativity.
- Hackathons, Gaming Evenings, Poker Nights and much more!
- Flexible Timings, Flexible Holiday Calendar, Work from Home Option.
- Competitive salary (best in the industry).
- Beverages and snacks throughout the day, on the house!
- Recreation center to let off some steam.
- Office lunch option (fresh and savoury ghar ka khana).
- Medical Insurance (stay healthy, stay happy)
YOUR ‘OKR’ SUMMARY
OKR means Objective and Key Results.
As a Software Engineer at Coredge, you will help develop our next-generation cloud native core solution along with the product and the open-source community to build the Coredge.io vision.
What you will do?
- System engineering and implementation in Python and Golang.
- Working on performance issues using creative experiments and internally developed product features.
- Research, propose, and integrate relevant open-source projects based on product objectives.
- Write organized, efficient, and well documented Python/Golang code as an example for junior engineers.
- Participation in all levels of product definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Must include the ability to discuss abstract system architectures from ideas through implementation and
- creatively apply domain experience to solve technical challenges.
- Mentoring software engineers, fostering an environment of trust and accountability.
What you will need?
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. As an integral part of the development team, you will need the
- following skills to succeed.
- Strong Python skills to develop framework(s).
- Hands-on to design & develop re-usable framework components.
- Hands-On experience on developing framework, designing re-usable framework components.
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven
- development, Continuous Integration, building highly scalable applications, application security and functional programming.
- Knowledge of Cloud native would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Kubernetes from Architecture side and also understand the Standard API.
- Code contributed to CNCF or similar community will be plus.
- Performance benchmarking of K8’s or any cloud will be added advantage.
- Deep understanding of technology and passionate about what you do.
- Background in designing high performant scalable software systems with strong focus to optimize
- hardware cost.
- Solid collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to get the most performance out of a system being worked on.
- Prior development of a large software project using service-oriented architecture operating with real time constraints.
What's In It for You?
- You will get a chance to work on cloud-native and hyper-scale products
- You will be working with industry leaders in cloud.
- You can expect a steep learning curve.
- You will get the experience of solving real time problems, eventually you become a problem solver.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Open Learning - 100% Reimbursement for online technical courses.
- Fast Growth - opportunities to grow quickly and surely
- Creative Freedom + Flat hierarchy
- Sponsorship to all those employees who represent company in events and meet ups.
- Flexible working hours
- 5 days week
- Hybrid Working model (Office and WFH)
Our Hiring Process:
- Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process as follows (subject to successful clearing of every round)
- Initial Resume screening call with our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to solve coding exercises.
- Next, candidates will be invited for first technical interview
- Next, candidates will be invited for final technical interview
- Finally, candidates will be invited for Culture Plus interview with HR
- Candidates may be asked to interview with the Leadership team
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
- As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a mix of telephonic and video call.
So, if you are looking at an opportunity to really make a difference- make it with us…
Coredge.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable central, state or local laws.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for backend engineers with grit and vision that want to build a modern platform to make traveling efficient and delightful. This role is critical in achieving our goals - expanding coverage to support more destinations worldwide, automating entire processes and reducing support volume to offer a truly self-serve experience. We talk to customers daily, ship code several times a day, and measure every little interaction!
- Build cutting-edge infrastructure to expand our coverage to over 50 destinations, enabling 10x growth.
- Automate the entire visa workflow, from the smallest of manual tasks to help us keep SLA to under 60 seconds.
- Build tools & systems to reduce support volume to less than 3%.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in building backend services and APIs
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Cloud-native technologies and methodology (e.g. Kubernetes, containers, CI/CD DevOps, etc.)
- You have strong experience with scaling and shipping highly complex, distributed services in Google Cloud, AWS, or equivalent
- Experience and interest towards full stack ownership
Backend Engineer (Senior Role 7 Years) - 3 Positions
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Sr. backend Engineer to join JiT Finco. As a member of the core technology team, you will be working with the existing product development team and owning a few modules that are critical to our customer journeys.
We are looking for an engineer to join our front-end engineering team who has experience in Python (Django Framework)
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- Previous experience 6-8 Yrs working as a Python Developer
- Experience with owning and developing product modules in Django
- In-depth knowledge of Django Framework
- Built RESTful APIs and familiarity with Postman
- Sound familiarity with GitHub
- Exposure to aspects related to product architecture
- Has experience in architecting and building for scale
- Knowledge of AWS, CI/CD pipeline et al
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Celery would be an added advantage
- Experience with Agile development
- You write clean, concise, self-documenting code that both you and your team can still understand a year after. You test everything.
- You already master a few scripting languages, or easily find your way around a new one. You enjoy picking up new things and incorporating those in your skillset.
The Interview Process
- Introductory call with (60 mins)
- Coding Assignments (150 mins)
- Follow up call with (Related to assignment - 60 mins)
- Closing call and offer (30 mins)
The entire process should take max 3 days subject to your availability.
JiT Finco Techstack
AWS, Python (DJango), PostGres SQL, Celery, React, React JS
- Lead the development of the backend systems for our first product
- Build reliable, secure and performant backend systems
- Drive test coverage and continuous delivery automation within the team
- Mentor and provide feedback to teammates
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Deep and wide knowledge of Java ecosystem
- Can write code that is readable, maintainable, secure and performant
- Know the importance of tests and how to approach writing different types of tests
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Deep understanding of relational databases, transactions, entity-relationship modeling
- Comfortable writing highly concurrent systems
- Experienced in using profilers, tuning garbage collection, optimizing SQL queries
Desired Skills and Experience
- Golang , Java , Python , Ruby
As an experienced engineer we know that you have built software to solve various business problems at your previous workplaces. You may have also explored technologies on your own for your learning or hobby projects.
- You will be building APIs for the Synup platform and also UI to make our platform capabilities available to our customers.
- You and the team that you are a part of will be collectively responsible building performant software and customer experiences that scale to our next million customers.
- You will be responsible for writing technical specs and contributing to it's implementation. We expect that you would have done the same in your previous workplaces.
- Other folks on our team are looking forward to learn from your experiences.
For engineers that join our team
- We expect you to be good with Ruby or Python to build APIs.
- You will be contributing to our UI that is built with React and GraphQL.
- We hope our team members have a strong grasp of software design patterns and know when to put them to good use.
- Experience with an SQL datastore would help a lot. PostgreSQL is our primary datastore.
- We optimize our search functionality and rollup reports by using ElasticSearch
- We expect that you have used Redis. Redis is our swiss army knife to solve a lot of problems apart from just caching.
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
Additional Job Details:
Strong in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST and developing MicroServices.
Knowledge or experience , Cassandra preferred
Knowledge or experience on Kafka
Good to have but not must
Good to know:
Reporting tools like Splunk/Grafana