Graphic designer will have to create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner.
Design social media posts, logos, banners, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
Create these materials by using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
Meet with clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
About Varcas Interactive
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Graphic Designer on the Creative Services team in the PC / Console publishing department you’ll be making graphics, logos and other imagery to help with the marketing, awareness and promotion of our games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make eye catching graphics to showcase Kwalee’s PC and Console games”
What you will really be doing
- Creating dynamic and static graphics for our released, and upcoming PC and Console games;
- Iterating on designs, assets, layouts, etc, in response to PCC team members, testing, developer feedback or external consumer feedback;
- Strategising, conceptualising and designing imagery for campaigns with other PCC department team members.
- Executing imaginative, appealing projects with great attention to detail and to deadlines.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- 2 plus years of experience as a Graphic Designer making digital artwork / graphics;
- Experience using Photoshop, other Adobe products;;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work collaboratively and positively with other PCC dept team members;
- A keen eye for layout, design, typography and colour;
- Ability to create eye-catching, engaging, visual designs for our marketing materials and campaigns;
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at once and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced, creative team;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, able to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for PC and console games a plus.
Desirable/ a plus
- Expertise with Maya, Unity, AfterEffects, etc.
- Animation experience.
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance;
- Creative Wednesdays!(get a chance to suggest games every Wednesday);
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays;
- Hybrid working model available depending on the department and the role;
- Relocation support available;
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours;
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards;
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
The role holder will be responsible for the creation and design of various materials for print and digital collateral & to establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines.
Role and responsibilities:
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand Work with copywriters and brand leads to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
Experience and Qualification:
- Proven graphic designing experience of 5 – 7 years
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Finding creative solutions to product, technical, organisational and resource challenges.
- Partnering with fellow leaders to build a collaborative design, engineering and product culture.
- Help lead multiple projects on the International Experience team, defining scope, identifying resourcing needs, and handling stakeholder management.
- Work cross-functionally to identify workflow issues and integrate procedural improvements.
- Track and communicate progress across your projects, ensuring the teams are on track - facilitating decision-making, resolving blockers, and surfacing challenges.
- Enable continuous improvement during projects, ensuring insights are captured, shared, and integrated.
- Become an evangelist, advocate, and educator on behalf of Design, elevating the team's presence within the organization.
- Always be acutely aware of the team's needs and provide feedback to our design leads in order to ensure all designers experience an enjoyable and balanced work environment.
- Help develop process improvements for Design Operations as a whole.
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
- Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need
A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- Excellent people management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Stellar interaction & visual skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces, attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently.
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android.
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
- Mock ups : Sketch, Axure, Figma
- Usability test : Morae, WebEx Remote UTs
- Image editing & illustration : Photoshop, Expression Design, CorelDraw, Adobe illustrator.
• Edit videos, add music, subtitles, and create thumbnails
• Create transitions, titles, graphics, and other supporting materials for the video
• Create graphics on Canva/Photoshop for Instagram & FB posting
• Conceptualize and present ideas as per the brief
• Contribute to the conceptualization of projects, and come up with ideas, and contribute to the scripting process
• Edit content in collaboration with the content team
Create and lead the design engagement with UX Strategy, Conceptualization, User Journeys,
Information Architecture, Prototyping & Visual Designs for large-scale solutions along with the
ability to drive conversations with the skate-holders.
Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user
research, organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices.
Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings. Understand the
target audience deeply, develop user profiles, conduct task analysis, create user scenarios, and
navigate smoothly through ambiguity.
Lead development of personas/segmentations based on research findings, integrate personas/
segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps
Facilitate user scenario planning sessions/design thinking workshops with internal teams & clients
Estimate, plan, and lead tracks of creative work/projects in the development of a quality solution
track progress according to the plan created for the project (e.g., conduct design reviews and
creative status meetings as needed)
Collaborate closely with the engineering team and make sure designs are implemented to meet
Moonraft’s quality standards.
Lead participatory design/user testing sessions, present findings & recommendations to crossfunctional teams and client stakeholders, and manage operational level client meetings.
Inspire, mentor and support the members of the design team
Selected Candidates will be work on the following activities.
1. Promotion Ads
2. Icon Design
3. Product Design
4. Social Media Ads
5. Web Banners
6. Templates design
7. Packaging Design