• 7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real-world customer problems
• 3-5 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams
• BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products
• Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to
• executives and non-technical leaders
Key Responsibility Areas:
Provide organization-wide leadership, direction, and execution strategy including taking Nova-wide engineering initiatives.
Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity.
Provide technical expertise and leadership wherever required throughout product life cycles, influence / evangelize best engineering practices
Liason with Product Leader and influence right product strategies
Work closely with cross-functional teams, customer success/operations leadership team, and a team of product managers
Own an engineering team of 25 plus
Take care of their career progression working with their PMs
Provide continuous feedback, training and make sure team is working on their full potential at all time to ensure your team delivers best in class products and solutions
Review the architecture/design of a product/module/feature and provide feedback
Architect, design and/or hands-on code the critical portion of a product/module/feature
Mentor the tech-leads on architecting the product to deliver on-time
Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
Building early-stage tech products
Strong tech background of working in a product Nova
Mentoring young engineering team
Identifying right engineering practices
Taking decisions on build Vs buy strategies
Take decisions related to data, infrastructure, and right tech stacks that fit Nova's roadmap and priorities
Understanding of various backend and frontend technologies and its core concepts
Ability to understand the business problems and solve them with innovative tech solutions
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a super changing environment
Minimum 8 years of quality experience.
5 years of hands-on experience in building large-scale systems. A proven performance track record and a team player with high energy,
A good business sense and deep empathy towards user needs and able to envision solutions for a B2B SAAS product.
Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
An enthusiastic leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
- Managing small to medium teams with a focus on performance and talent retention
- Participate in creation and execution of product and technology roadmap with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product managers and other leads/architects for building and delivering projects
- Ownership of front-end and back-end development work carried out with reusability, scalability, and testability of the projects
- Hire and mentor junior team members and coordinate their training
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment and stay compliant with security regulations
- Monitor reliability and performance of all customer-facing and internal projects
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Work experience as an engineering manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Experience in the Fintech space
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred) and server-side technologies (Java preferred)
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of SDLC using agile methodologies (SCRUM / Kanban / SAFe)
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
We are a team of software avengers, passionate engineers & thinkers designing the future of education. The company has its roots from IIT, IIM Alumni and various SMEs in education space. Here, we all work together with & for a single dream; ‘Education For Everyone, Everywhere.’
Dizvik is an EdTech product-based tech start-up working on exciting technologies & latest tech amendments. We use technology as an effective & efficient tool to create things that are impactful & make education easier. Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Robust Media Streaming are few of our core areas.
We are a crazy bunch of people having multiple personas always trying to keep things light-hearted! Our roots are not new, the company is nurtured by the well established group excelling since 2003. The founders of Dizvik Technologies own multiple companies & one of those is Dhyeya Educational Services Private Limited (Dhyeya IAS) having more than 20 offline Institutes/Centers in India.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant micro-services based applications for the company. Using Node Js, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSql, JWT, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Rabbitmq, Redis, Middlewares, CDN, Elasticsearch, this candidate will be able to translate user and business needs into functional and enterprise level product.
Salary Range: 10 LPA to 25 LPA
- Designing and developing highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant backend architectures & applications for the company.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc.) on planning and execution.
- Communicate, collaborate and lead the work & team effectively across distributed features
- Owning and working end-to-end on application – from system (server, deployment, configuration management) to back end (container, application, and database).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience in backend technologies: Node Js, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSql, JWT, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Middlewares, CDN, Elasticsearch etc.
- Implementation of security and data protection.(CSRF/JWT/ORM and various middleware/DB security implementations).
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures experience.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services in Monolith & Microservice both the architectures.
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in troubleshooting server performance memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks, etc.
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks.
- Experience in versioning systems like GitHub, SVN, gitlab etc.
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA / 1. ENGINEERING – LEADERSHIP / FULL TIME
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribuon (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercializaon teams together into one global organizaon. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribuon, network and engineering operaons, sales, adversing, data, and certain key technology funcons worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operaons of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domesc broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video plaorm in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop desnaon for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
In this role, you will build large distributed systems to process and stream video at scale and drive all user aspects. As a VP for the team, you will develop plaorms and tools that deliver personalized recommendaons to 500+ million users. You will work on building storage soluons and microservices that serve recommendaons at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
will develop tools that serve recommendaons to our users in real-me. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesng problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilies
Responsible for the overall soware development life cycle.
Management and execuon against project plans and delivery commitments
Manage the day-to-day acvies of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
Contribute substanally to innovaon and overcome technology limitaons to deliver on customer experience.
Report on the status of development, quality, operaons, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
14+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interacve consumer applicaons
Proficient with either Java or GoLang
7+ years of experience in soware development with strong experse in Java with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reacve programming
At least 5 years managing soware development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB) Experience/Knowledge of Nelix OSS.
Experience in server-side services using ElascSearch, Kaa Experience with AWS stack.
Experience with CI/CD processes.
A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-funconal, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
Excellent wrien and verbal communicaon skills with the ability to present complex technical informaon clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
- Self-Awareness - Ownership
- Bias for Acon
- Radical Candour - Inclusivity
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility. - No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A cket on our rocket ship to the moon.
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideraon for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, naonal origin, gender identy,
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characterisc protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to desnaon for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revoluonize internet entertainment through smart personalizaon, and by building a global video plaorm that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
Job Description – Head of Engineering
Credgenics is India’s first of its kind NPA resolution platform backed by credible investors including Accel Partners and Titan Capital. We work with financial institutions, Banks, NBFCs & Digital lending firms to improve their collections efficiency using technology, automation intelligence and optimal legal routes in order to facilitate the resolution of stressed assets. With all major banks and NBFCs as our clients, our SaaS based collections platform helps them efficiently improve their NPA, geographic reach and customer experience.
About the Role:
Credgenics is seeking an Engineering Leader to deliver and manage a diverse development team. An ideal candidate would lead a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers and Head of Product by structured thinking and delivering world class solutions.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical vision to the entire engineering team and the company
- Work closely with product managers and Head of Product to build a great product using lean principles
- Ensure development of projects are appropriately resourced and facilitate internal processes and collaboration to shorten development cycles and achievement of stable production
- Make architectural decisions that put the organization in the best position to deliver an amazing customer experience
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, systems, and engineering processes
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future software development
- Drive technical projects with a range of engineering teams to build, design, implement and maintain diverse scalable platform constructs for a core application
- Organize activities for the development, implementation, release, and maintenance of projects necessary for software development and sustenance
- Collaborate with product development, creative and UX teams to build and improve the customer experience from discovery through delivery
- Mentor the development teams, facilitating continuous evolution in both the user experience and backend platform development teams
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and improve the efficiency of their processes through technology solutions built at a rapid pace
- Deliver secure, efficient, high performing and stable code that meets or exceeds business needs
- Meet/exceed all web application technology standards/practices
- Review all documents related to Product requirement and participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Ensure business requirements in the form of production release deliverables are met
- Ensure resources are covered on projects, ensure no or minimal forecast/budget variance
- Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for engineering team, including employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building
- Mentor new resources to be successful in an individual and team setting
- Create a culture of innovation that enables continuous growth of individuals and the company
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback on a regular basis
- Lead a team of 30-35 engineers and report directly to the CTO
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have an Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech
- 9-12 years of work experience & a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience as an Engineering Head
- Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running software development projects
- Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus
- Solid understanding of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, with ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
- Proven experience in building tech services/systems that scaled
- Proven ability to attract and hire the best engineering talent
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures & design patterns
- Is Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best for advancement
- Expertise in open source technologies, agile development and big data technologies
- Experience with deploying & running products in a large-scale distributed architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication
This role will be based out of New Delhi
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
- Experience in building tech platforms
- Setup SDLC processes within the team.
- Define Architecture and tech design of the system. Take strategic calls in deciding the tech stack to be used.
- Should be a hands on coder and should contribute significantly to the code base.
- Manage task allocation and delivery timelines for the team.
- Team building and hiring. Should be able to define the resource requirements and work with hiring managers to fill in the positions.
- Work closely with the product and business team to execute the vision and roadmap of the company.
- Domain expertise in Payments/Lending/Fintech is preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience building and leading platforms is a must. Experience with SOA/Microservices with Node.js and Golang is a plus
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive engineering teams.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive and have hands-on experience in creating products which solve user’s problems