Acting as an entrepreneur - taking ownership the problem statement end-to-end.
Delivering direct value to the customer - and not just stop with internal delivery.
Lead a diverse team of High performing Engineers - who set new standards everyday.
Be a great engineer yourself - to be able to hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
Estimate, plan, divide and conquer customer problem statements - through sturdily developed & performant technical solutions.
Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity - all in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
7+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead - solving real world customer problems.
1-4 years of experience as a manager - having led high value delivering engineering teams.
BE / B. Tech /M. Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science.
Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders.
Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our FinTech products.
Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
Swiggy is India’s largest food ordering and delivery platform. With a vision of Changing the Way India Eats, the company has more than 25,000 active restaurants partners across eleven cities in the country. Swiggy’s innovative technology, large and nimble delivery service, and customer focus enable a host of benefits including lightning fast deliveries, live order tracking, no restrictions on minimum order amounts, and strong customer support.
Our primary focus is on customer experience thereby making our engagement metrics pretty uncanny for this industry. If you're crazy about solving problems that you face as a customer, come join us on this amazing ride!
You will design and b
uild scalable systems to be used by millions of farmers and agri businesses
You will work on building progressive web apps forked off open source frameworks that work equally well on low end devices, low bandwidth network and even offline
You will work with spatiel imagery data to build maps based solutions for farmers and businesses
We believe in a small and effective team - you will have a say in what to build and then own it
You will lead a team of both Android, web and back end developers
We are paranoid about performance - you will investigate performance scalability bottlenecks and existing queries and / or write new queries with performance optimisation in mind
Identify libraries and technologies that solve our problems and / or worth experimentation
Have 10-15 years of experience in web development including managing a team
Come up with your own and team's goals and dont need heavy direction or check-ins
Have experience in setting up the, full dev workflow - right from Dev, test, build to deployment
Have command over one language, preferably python, else java / JS/ Ruby - including debugging and performance analysis
Have clear understanding of databases - Relational and non relational - their data models and performance trade offs; experience designing database and querying to optimize performance
Have experience in developing webapps with atleast one framework (Django, flask, ROR) etc
Have handson experience with caching techniques and utilities like memcache / Redis
Have experience in implementing and deploying distributed systemes on AWS / GCP et c
Have clear understanding of data structures and algorithms
Showcase your work available in opensource, online courses etc
Our client is looking for a dynamic & passionate Engineering Director who can lead
the tech-stack and drive teams with great leadership qualities.
Here is the JD for Director Engineering -
Completely responsible for product delivery, development process, and engineering
team performance. Provide overall direction to the engineering team.
Create a top-performing engineering team culture with high levels of team engagement
Work with the leadership team and product leaders to define engineering roadmaps and
solve business problems.
Drive engineering efforts to deliver releases with high quality and on time.
Communicate cross-functionally, hold your command in technical discussion, and have
Work with the Talent Acquisition team to hire top talent, manage their performance,
and successfully mentor them to grow professionally.
Hands-on technical expertise and management experience.
8+ years of people management experience.
Demonstrated experience to recruit and manage technical teams, including team
Must have relevant experience in designing, building, maintaining, and extending large
scale production systems.
Have deep expertise in React.js, Node JS and MongoDB.
Strong software engineering skills and best practices including experience with a
modern agile development and deployment workflow.
Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire teams.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, for both technical and non-technical
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive engineering managers with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. Engineering managers can expect to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Researching and developing designs and products.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Hiring contractors and building teams.
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Design and develop effective APIs
- Build, debug, deploy and ship timely software updates
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Create security and data protection settings
- Work closely with the founding team as a critical point of contact for the engineering team
- Write technical documentation
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field. Masters in engineering management or related field is a plus
- A great engineering experience.
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Experience developing applications with the knowledge of backend as well as frontend. Familiarity with common stacks. Experience in the MERN stack is a plus
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Good understanding and experience in basic DevOps
- Experience with Flutter and React Native is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills and analytical mind
Any preference of Industry: Prior startup experience preferred.
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelors in relevant field
Working Hours: Flexible
Perks: You get to work directly with the Founders on a completely revolutionary idea and most likely end up defining the course of history.
If getting known for your talent, skills & work ethic is what drives you, we make sure that that happens
Here’s a brief about us
Founded by IIT Delhi Alumni, we are building a platform for creators to tokenize their time and earnings and raise capital from their Fans.
Imagine investing in Tanmay Bhat when he only had 10000 followers…
Building AngelList + Binance for creators
As V1, launched a Deeplinking+ Analytics platform for acquiring creators.
25000+ Creators Using
● You'll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
● Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding
engineers (e. g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
● Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision,
strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
● Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular
assessment and improvement.
● Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
● Drive an excellent experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity.
● Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and
maintenance of our product.
● Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry
● Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while
minimizing production incidents of our operations.
● Experience in hiring and performance management of teams in product based companies.
● Experience in leading engineering teams, including experience in managing engineering managers or
● 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or
services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
● Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of
A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
● Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team.
● Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy.
● Knowledge of how Engineering fits into the company's overall business.
● The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints and shipping high
quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
● Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
Provide organization-wide leadership, direction, and execution strategy including taking Nova-wide engineering initiatives.
Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity.
Provide technical expertise and leadership wherever required throughout product life cycles, influence / evangelize best engineering practices
Liason with Product Leader and influence right product strategies
Work closely with cross-functional teams, customer success/operations leadership team, and a team of product managers
Own an engineering team of 25 plus
Take care of their career progression working with their PMs
Provide continuous feedback, training and make sure team is working on their full potential at all time to ensure your team delivers best in class products and solutions
Review the architecture/design of a product/module/feature and provide feedback
Architect, design and/or hands-on code the critical portion of a product/module/feature
Mentor the tech-leads on architecting the product to deliver on-time
Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
Building early-stage tech products
Strong tech background of working in a product Nova
Mentoring young engineering team
Identifying right engineering practices
Taking decisions on build Vs buy strategies
Take decisions related to data, infrastructure, and right tech stacks that fit Nova's roadmap and priorities
Understanding of various backend and frontend technologies and its core concepts
Ability to understand the business problems and solve them with innovative tech solutions
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a super changing environment
Minimum 8 years of quality experience.
5 years of hands-on experience in building large-scale systems. A proven performance track record and a team player with high energy,
A good business sense and deep empathy towards user needs and able to envision solutions for a B2B SAAS product.
Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
An enthusiastic leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
Job Location: Chennai
The Engineering Org is looking for a proficient Engineering Manager to join a team that is building exciting
and futuristic Data Products at Condé Nast to enable both internal and external marketers to target
audiences in real time. As an Engineering Manager, you will drive the day-to-day execution of technical
and architectural decisions. EM will own engineering deliverables inclusive of solving dependencies
such as architecture, solutions, sequencing, and working with other engineering delivery teams.This role
is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping, and recommending solutions. Above all, you will
influence how users interact with Conde Nast’s industry-leading journalism.
● Primary Responsibilities
● Manage a high performing team of Software and Data Engineers within the Data & ML
Engineering team part of Engineering Data Organization.
● Provide leadership and guidance to the team in Data Discovery, Data Ingestion, Transformation
● Utilizing product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic data products after successful
prototyping and drive their engineering implementation
● Provide technical coaching and lead direct reports and other members of adjacent support teams
to the highest level of performance..
● Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance.
● Meeting hiring and retention targets of the team & building a high-performance culture
● Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
● Collaborate with Architects, Product Manager, Project Manager and other teams to deliver high
● Identify recurring system and application issues and enable engineers to work with release teams,
infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving
● Required Skills
● 4+ years of managing Software Development teams, preferably in ML and Data
● 4+ years of Agile Software development practices
● 12+ years of Software Development experience.
● Excellent Problem Solving and System Design skill
● Hands on: Writing and Reviewing code primarily in Spark, Python and/or Java
● Hand on: Architect & Design end to end Data Pipeline (noSQL databases, Job Schedulers, Big
Data Development preferably on Databricks / Cloud)
● Experience with SOA & Microservice architecture
● Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD,
Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
● Working Knowledge of cloud and devops skills (AWS will be preferred)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in evaluating team member performance and offering career development
● Experience in providing technical coaching to direct reports.
● Experience in architecting highly scalable products.
● Experience in collaborating with global stakeholder teams.
● Experience in working on highly available production systems.
● Strong knowledge of software release process and release pipeline.
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move to
invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely dedicated to
data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive engagement, fuel
process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market revenue. The Data team
aimed to create a company culture where data was the common language and facilitate an
environment where insights shared in real-time could improve performance.
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team at
Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and boost
online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data
Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client Services) along with Data
Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products to create data-driven solutions
for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse forms of
self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the extraordinary. We
are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé Nast, and It Starts Here.
Conducts complex business process analysis, needs assessments and participates in design sessions with business and developers in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge in software design and development Essential Duties and Responsibilities Interacts with product owners, Business Analysts, business partners and developers to envision, model and design technology solutions to solve business problems.
BullSpree– India’s First Financial Market Fantasy Gaming Platform- is disrupting the way India understands Stock market and empowering wealth creation opportunities for millions of users.
Responsibilities: Bull spree is looking for a rockstar VP Engineering, who has hands-on experience architecting and designing e-commerce, scalable web & mobile platforms from ground up. The candidate will be the top technical leader who would work closely with founders on technical requirements, design & development based on agile methodologies, supervises software development projects with contracting vendors and hires and develops in-house team for long-term roadmap execution.
In this role, you will design and develop scalable fantasy game mobile application platforms using the latest technologies. You will own product quality and overall customer experience. You will also propose technical solutions to product/service problems while refining, designing and implementing software components in line with technical requirements.
Desired Skills include:
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent form Top Tier Institute
- 4 – 8 years of experience in designing and developing highly scalable, high performance and fault tolerant mobile application products with infrastructure hosted on Cloud
- Knowledge of Cloud Services, Containers, databases and Message queues (Kafka / RabbitMQ) highly preferable
- Experience with DevOps and delivering into cloud-based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Good understanding of database technologies like MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra etc.
- Sound debugging skills with ability to identify performance bottlenecks and drive optimization efforts
Good to Have:
- Strong experience working with multi cloud (AWS/GCP/AZURE), Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and Terraform
- Good understanding of observatory tools and logging
- Enthusiasm for open-source contribution
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices
- Experience in distributed and big data technologies
Founded in 2020 by Harsh Dhanawat and Dharmil Bavishi, BullSpree is always working on its mission to
‘Make India empower while investing’. The fantasy gaming ecosystem in India is accelerating at 12.5% CAGR and is currently valued at 20,000 crores. Having secured recent funding, we are looking to expand our core engineering team and foster the vision
- Proven 9+ years of work experience in managing software development (Android/PHP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Highly experienced with Agile development methodologies
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Team player attitude is mandatory.
- High command in English Communication
- Work on projects, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
- Plan, lead and manage a team of Software Engineers
- Provide leadership to the core engineering team of product development professionals, to drive all pertinent issues related to the product development life cycle.
- Build and execute the roadmap in terms of methodologies, development processes, and team enablement to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Apply knowledge of software engineering, programming, technologies, processes, and methodologies to develop, maintain and support the technical solutions.
- Analyze problems and drive long term technology solutions to evolve the product scalability, performance, reliability and supportability
- Partner with the Products team to contribute to the product strategy and support product vision
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Researching and developing designs and products.