Only 10% of India speaks English and 90% speak over 25 languages and 1000s of dialects. The internet has largely been in English. A good part of India is now getting internet connectivity thanks to cheap smartphones and Jio. The non-English speaking internet users will balloon to about 600 million users out of the total 750 million internet users in India by 2020. This will make the vernacular segment one of the largest segments in the world - almost 2x the size of the US population. The vernacular segment has very few products that they can use on the internet.
One large human need is that of sharing thoughts and connecting with people of the same community on the basis of language and common interests. Twitter serves this need globally but the experience is mostly in English. There’s a large unaddressed need for these vernacular users to express themselves in their mother tongue and connect with others from their community. Koo is a solution to this problem.
Koo was founded in March 2020, as a micro-blogging platform in both Indian languages and English, which gives a voice to the millions of Indians who communicate in Indian languages.
Currently available in Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu, Koo enables people from across India to express themselves online in their mother tongues. In a country where under 10% of the population speaks English as a native language, Koo meets the need for a social media platform that can deliver an immersive language experience to an Indian user, thereby enabling them to connect and interact with each other. The recently introduced ‘Talk to Type’ enables users to leverage the voice assistant to share their thoughts without having to type. In August 2021, Koo crossed 10 million downloads, in just 16 months of launch.
Since June 2021, Koo is available in Nigeria.
Koo is founded by veteran internet entrepreneurs - Aprameya Radhakrishna (CEO, Taxiforsure) and Mayank Bidawatka (Co-founder, Goodbox & Coreteam, redBus).
Technology Team & Culture
The technology team comprises sharp coders, technology geeks and guys who have been entrepreneurs or are entrepreneurial and extremely passionate towards technology. Talent is coming from the likes of Google, Walmart, Redbus, Dailyhunt. Anyone being part of a technology team will have a lot to learn from their peers and mentors. Download our android app and take a look at what we’ve built. Technology stack compromises of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies like Kotlin, Java 15, Reactive Programming, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redis, Aerospike, ML, Deep learning etc. We believe in giving a lot of independence and autonomy to ownership-driven individuals.
Technology skill sets required for a matching profile
- Experience between 3 to 7 years in a devops role with mandatory one or more stints at a fast paced startup.
- Mandatory experience with containers, kubernetes (EKS) (setting up from scratch), istio and microservices.
- Sound knowledge of technologies like Terraform, Automation Scripts, Cron jobs etc. Must have worked with goals of putting infra as code like setting up new environments with code.
- Knowledge of industry standards around monitoring, alerting, self healing, high availability, auto scaling etc.
- Exhaustive experience with various cloud technologies (especially on AWS) like SQS, SNS, Elastic Search, Elastic Cache, Elastic Transcoder, VPC, Subnets, Security groups etc.
- Must have set up stable CI-CD pipelines with capabilities to do zero downtime deployments on any one of rolling updates, blue green or canary modes.
- Experience with VPN and LDAP solutions for securely login to infrastructure and proving SSO. 8. Master of deploying and troubleshooting all layers of application from network, frontend, backend and databases (MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Aerospike etc).
- Develop backend services in Go Language
- Write code to handle the scale of thousands of requests per second
- Following best practices of XP/Agile like TDD, SOLID principles, pair programming, etc.
- Deal with cloud-native services and Debug issues on a live setup
- 3 to 8 years Development and delivery experience with Go
- Good knowledge of RESTful API web services and good experience with API Frameworks
- Familiarity with code versioning tools(Git)
- Experience writing scalable solutions and having knowledge on big data tools like Kafka
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications.
- Great Object-Oriented and functional programming skills, including strong design pattern knowledge.
- Familiarity with different databases, like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, etc
- Strong communication and client-facing skills.
- Effectively work and collaborate with teams across different time zones.
- Experience with Microservices, Microservice Principles (Service discovery, API gateways etc) knowledge is a bonus.
- Familiarity with at least one cloud service (Heroku/AWS/GCP/Azure) will be good to have.
- Experience with API security standards and implementation (OAuth).
We are global expert in cloud consulting and service management, focusing exclusively on the Cloud DevOps Space. In short, we strive to be at the forefront in this era of digital disruption by being dynamic, agile and cohesive in providing businesses the solutions needed to leverage it to the next level. Our expert team of Engineers, Programmers, Designers and Business development professionals are the foundations of our firm with the fusion of cutting-edge technology.Nimble IT Consulting is vested in Research and Analysis of Current and Upcoming trends, be it Technology, Business Values and User Experience, we dedicate our efforts tirelessly to be at the pinnacle of the Quality Standards. Devising solutions that are just not only being approved or followed by industry leaders in fact they depend on it. Read more about us: https://nimbleitconsulting.com/" target="_blank">https://nimbleitconsulting.com
What we are looking for
A DevOps Engineer to join our team and provide consulting services to our clients, below is the technology stack we are interested in
- Expertise in implementing and managing Devops CI/CD pipeline. ( either using Jenkins or Azure DevOps )
- At least one AWS or Azure Certification
- Terraform Scripting
- Hands-on experience with git and source code management and release management.
- Experience in DevOps automation tools. And Very well versed with DevOps principles and the Agile Frameworks.
- Working knowledge of scripting using shell, Python, Gradle, Yaml, Ansible or puppet or chef.
- Working knowledge of build systems for various technologies like npm, maven etc.
- Experience and good understanding in any of Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google cloud.
- Hands on Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is required.
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills with proven abilities in resolving complex technical issues. Experience with working with ticketing tools (Jira & Service now)
- A programming language like Java, Go , NodeJS is a nice to have.
- Work Permit for United Kingdom ( tier 2 visa ) total duration of visa will be 5 years ( first 2 years and then 3 year extension)
- At the end of the 5 years you will be eligible for British Citizenship by applying for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- Learn new technologies - We won’t ever expect you to do the same thing day in day out; we want to
- give you the chance to explore the latest techniques to solve challenging technical problems and help
- you become the best developer you can be.
- Join a growing agile team that are consistently delivering.
- Technical Development Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who Are We?
Vahak (https://www.vahak.in) is India’s largest & most trusted online transport marketplace & directory for road transport businesses and individual commercial vehicle (Trucks, Trailers, Containers, Hyva, LCVs) owners for online truck and load booking, transport business branding and transport business network expansion. Lorry owners can find intercity and intracity loads from all over India and connect with other businesses to find trusted transporters and best deals in the Indian Logistics services market.
With the Vahak app, users can book loads and lorries from a live transport marketplace with over 5,00,000+ Transporters and Lorry owners in over 10,000+ locations for daily transport requirements.
Vahak has raised a capital of $5 Million in a “Pre Series A” round RTP Global with participation from Luxor Capital and Leo Capital. The other marquee angel investors included Kunal Shah, Founder and CEO, CRED; Jitendra Gupta, Founder and CEO, Jupiter; Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founders, Meesho; Mohd Farid, Co-founder, Sharechat; Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs; Harsimarbir Singh, Co-founder, Pristyn Care; Rohit and Kunal Bahl, Cofounders, Snapdeal; and Ravish Naresh, Co-founder and CEO, Khatabook
We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer who would will be working on handling our infrastructure and work with team to ensure zero downtime. Candidate will be reporting directly to CTO / VP Engineering.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works independently without any supervision
- Work on continuous improvement of the products through innovation and Someone with a knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience in deploying for highly complex, distributed transaction processing
- Stay abreast with new innovations and the latest technology trends and explore ways of leveraging these for improving the product in alignment with the
- As a component owner, where the component impacts across multiple platforms (5-10- member team), work with customers to obtain their requirements, and deliver the end to end
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience as a Devops Should have managed a DevOps Team.
- Experience with Golang cycle is a plus
- At least one End to End CI/CD Implementation experience
- Excellent Problem Solving and Debugging skills in DevOps area
- Good understanding of Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Hands-on Build/Package tool experience
- Experience with AWS services Glue, Athena, Lambda, EC2, RDS, EKS/ECS, ALB, VPC, SSM, Route 53
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipeline for Glue jobs, Athena, Lambda functions
- Experience architecting interaction with services and application deployments on AWS
- Experience with Groovy and writing Jenkinsfile
- Experience with repository management, code scanning/linting, secure scanning tools
- Experience with deployments and application configuration on Kubernetes
- Experience with microservice orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Openshift, HashiCorp Nomad)
- Experience with time-series and document databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Experience with message buses (e.g. Apache Kafka, NATS)
- Experience with key-value stores and service discovery mechanisms (e.g. Redis, HashiCorp Consul, etcd)
Kindly visit our instagram to know abous us - https://instagram.com/lifeatvahak
• Previously help a DevOps Engineer or System Engineer role
• 4+ years of production Linux system admin experience in high traffic environment
• 1+ years of experience with Amazon AWS and related services (instances, ELB,
EBS, S3, etc.) and abstractions on top of AWS.
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals, IP and related services (DNS, VPN, firewalls, etc.) and
• Experience in running Docker and Kubernetes clusters in production.
• Love automating mundane tasks and make developers life easy
• Must be able to code in, at a minimum, Python (or Ruby) and Bash.
• Non-trivial production experience with Saltstack and/or Puppet, Composer,Jenkins, GIT
• Agile software development best practices - continuous integration, releases,branches, etc.
• Experience with modern monitoring tools; capacity planning.
• Some experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Node.js, and PHP is a plus.
• Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player with a sense of humor
Experience in managing CI/CD using Jenkins.
Position: DevOps Engineer
The candidate should have the following Skills:
- Hands-on experience with DevOps & CICD open source tools (Jenkins, ), including AWS DevOps services (CodePipeline, CloudFormation, etc).
- Experience in building and deploying using Java/Python/Node.js on Cloud infrastructure (Docker or Kubernetes containers or Lambda.)
- Exposure to Cloud operations, releases, and configuration management
- Experience in implementing Non-functional requirements for microservices, including performance, security, compliance, HA and Disaster Recovery.
- Good soft skills, great attitude, and passion for working in a product startup environment
Total Experience of 2-5 years post BE or BTech or MCA in Computer Science Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of recent hands-on experience in architecting and building complex solutions that run in SaaS/PaaS environments, especially on AWS cloud leveraging SaaS based Microservices development coupled with Distributed Caching & Message Queuing.
- Should have experience in developing solution architecture and/or evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Should have excellent knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Should have experience with Full Stack development with experience in technology stacks/frameworks like JAVA, Springboot, Python, Redis, SQL, NoSQL and Graph DBs
- Good to have Architected solutions that handle Big Data and should be proficient in data analytics
- Must have Expert level proficiency in Design / Architectural patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Must demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Experience in web-based application migration from on-premise to SaaS model is a big plus.
- Experience of Integration patterns and associated best practice(e.g. Web Services, REST API's, Pub/Sub, MOM)
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in Web services related, functionally decomposed architecture, Load Balancing of Web Services and applications, designing multi-tenant systems, Clustering and sharding of data, microservices architecture / design patterns, and throttling and performance management of such services
MTX Group Inc. is seeking a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our team. MTX Group Inc is a global cloud implementation partner that enables organizations to become a fit enterprise through digital transformation and strategy. MTX is powered by the Maverick.io Artificial Intelligence platform and has a strong presence in the Public Sector providing proprietary designs and innovative concept accelerators around licensing and permitting, inspections, grants management, case management, and program management. MTX is a strategic partner with Salesforce with specialty expertise in Einstein Analytics, Mulesoft, Customer Community, Commerce Cloud, and Marketing Cloud. MTX is a Google Cloud partner helping accelerate digital transformation programs across federal, state, and local government agencies.
The DevOps role is responsible for maintaining infrastructure and both development and operational deployments in multiple cloud environments for MTX Group, Inc. and their clients. This role adheres to and promotes MTX Group, Inc’s company’s values by performing respective duties in a manner that supports and contributes to the achievement of MTX Group, Inc’s company’s goals.
- Develop and manage tools and services to be used by the organization and by external users of the platform
- Automate all operational and repetitive tasks to improve efficiency and productivity of all development teams
- Research and propose new solutions to improve the the mavQ platform in aspects of speed, scalability and security
- Automate and manage the cloud infrastructure of the organization distribute across the globe and across multiple cloud providers such as Google Cloud and AWS
- Ensure thorough logging, monitoring and alerting for all services and code running in the organization
- Work with development teams to communications and protocols for distributes microservices
- Help development teams debug devops related issues
- Manage CI/CD, Source Control and IAM for the organization
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer OR
- 2+ years of experience as backend developer and 2+ years of experience as DevOps or Systems engineer
- Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Thorough understanding of operating systems and networking
- Theoretical and practical understanding of Infrastructure-as-code and Platform-as-a-service concepts
- Ability to understand and work with any service, tool or API as needed
- Ability to understand implementation of open source products and modify them if necessary
- Ability to visualize large scale distributed systems and debug issues or make changes to said systems
- Understanding and practical experience in managing CI/CD
What we offer:
- A competitive salary on par with top market standards
- Group Medical Insurance (Family Floater Plan - Self + Spouse + 2 Dependent Children)
- Sum Insured: INR 5,00,000/-
- Maternity cover upto two children
- Inclusive of COVID-19 Coverage
- Cashless & Reimbursement facility
- Access to free online doctor consultation
- Personal Accident Policy (Disability Insurance) -
- Sum Insured: INR. 25,00,000/- Per Employee
- Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability is covered up to 100% of Sum Insured
- Permanent Partial Disability is covered as per the scale of benefits decided by the Insurer
- Temporary Total Disability is covered
- An option of Paytm Food Wallet (up to Rs. 2500) as a tax saver benefit
- Monthly Internet Reimbursement of upto Rs. 1,000
- Opportunity to pursue Executive Programs/ courses at top universities globally
- Professional Development opportunities through various MTX sponsored certifications on multiple technology stacks including Salesforce, Google Cloud, Amazon & others
Competitive salary and stock options -
Premium medical benefits
LOCATION: - Remote (India)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE -
Degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field -
At least 3-5 years of professional work experience as a
DevOps / test automation / deployment engineer -
Experience in agile software development methodologies
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: -
Design and development of scalable software test framework to automate test procedures - Perform health checks of existing sites periodically (manually and also developing a automation pipeline) - Manage per site software releases -
Generate release notes, user guides, technical documentation -
Perform upgrades/ downgrades (patch management) -
Generate and Manage configurations -
Suggest process improvements by interfacing with product owner -
File process/installation/deployment related issues & tracking them -
Verify customer-reported issues and translate them into technical tasks for development
Following are must to have requirements, -
Automation frameworks like Selenium etc. -
Scripting languages like Perl, Python etc. -
Linux systems -
Version control system like git -
Issue tracking system like Jira -
Networking protocols -
Cloud infrastructure -
Ability to work individually and as part of a team with a sense of urgency -
Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English -
Great attention to detail
Following are good to have requirements, -
Knowledge in any of the programming languages like C, C++ etc.
Experience managing cloud-based (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, etc.) and in-house server infrastructure -
Familiarity with machine learning / artificial intelligence infrastructure -
Experience in data visualization and statistics -
Basic knowledge of hardware infrastructure containing routers, switches and others -
Familiarity with web & data securityDesign and development of scalable software test framework to automate test
- Hands on experience in following is a must: Unix, Python and Shell Scripting.
- Hands on experience in creating infrastructure on cloud platform AWS is a must.
- Must have experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory and Chef.
- Must be good at these DevOps tools:
Version Control Tools: Git, CVS
Build Tools: Maven and Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins
- Hands-on experience with Analytics tools, ELK stack.
- Knowledge of Java will be an advantage.
- Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort.
- Ability to help debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks.
- Should be extremely good in communication
- Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in Agile and Jira will be an add on