- Your responsibilities:
- Build, improve and extend NLP capabilities
- Research and evaluate different approaches to NLP problems
- Must be able to write code that is well designed, produce deliverable results
- Write code that scales and can be deployed to production
- Fundamentals of statistical methods is a must
- Experience in named entity recognition, POS Tagging, Lemmatization, vector representations of textual data and neural networks - RNN, LSTM
- A solid foundation in Python, data structures, algorithms, and general software development skills.
- Ability to apply machine learning to problems that deal with language
- Engineering ability to build robustly scalable pipelines
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with a strong product focus
Synapsica is a series-A funded HealthTech startup founded by alumni from IIT Kharagpur, AIIMS New Delhi, and IIM Ahmedabad. We believe healthcare needs to be transparent and objective while being affordable. Every patient has the right to know exactly what is happening in their bodies and they don't have to rely on cryptic 2 liners given to them as a diagnosis.
Towards this aim, we are building an artificial intelligence enabled cloud based platform to analyse medical images and create v2.0 of advanced radiology reporting. We are backed by IvyCap, Endia Partners, YCombinator and other investors from India, US, and Japan. We are proud to have GE and The Spinal Kinetics as our partners. Here’s a small sample of what we’re building: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR6a94Tqqls
Your Roles and Responsibilities
Synapsica is looking for a Principal AI Researcher to lead and drive AI based research and development efforts. Ideal candidate should have extensive experience in Computer Vision and AI Research, either through studies or industrial R&D projects and should be excited to work on advanced exploratory research and development projects in computer vision and machine learning to create the next generation of advanced radiology solutions.
The role involves computer vision tasks including development customization and training of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs); application of ML techniques (SVM, regression, clustering etc.), and traditional Image Processing (OpenCV, etc.). The role is research-focused and would involve going through and implementing existing research papers, deep dive of problem analysis, frequent review of results, generating new ideas, building new models from scratch, publishing papers, automating and optimizing key processes. The role will span from real-world data handling to the most advanced methods such as transfer learning, generative models, reinforcement learning, etc., with a focus on understanding quickly and experimenting even faster. Suitable candidate will collaborate closely both with the medical research team, software developers and AI research scientists. The candidate must be creative, ask questions, and be comfortable challenging the status quo. The position is based in our Bangalore office.
- Interface between product managers and engineers to design, build, and deliver AI models and capabilities for our spine products.
- Formulate and design AI capabilities of our stack with special focus on computer vision.
- Strategize end-to-end model training flow including data annotation, model experiments, model optimizations, model deployment and relevant automations
- Lead teams, engineers, and scientists to envision and build new research capabilities and ensure delivery of our product roadmap.
- Organize regular reviews and discussions.
- Keep the team up-to-date with latest industrial and research updates.
- Publish research and clinical validation papers
- 6+ years of relevant experience in solving complex real-world problems at scale using computer vision-based deep learning.
- Prior experience in leading and managing a team.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Prior experience with Python, cuDNN, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe (or similar Deep Learning frameworks).
- Extensive understanding of computer vision/image processing applications like object classification, segmentation, object detection etc
- Ability to write custom Convolutional Neural Network Architecture in Pytorch (or similar)
- Background in publishing research papers and/or patents
- Computer Vision and AI Research background in medical domain will be a plus
- Experience of GPU/DSP/other Multi-core architecture programming
- Effective communication with other project members and project stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, eager to learn, acquire new skills
- Prior Project Management and Team Leadership experience
- Ability to plan work and meet the deadline
Exp: 3-6 Yrs
Notice: Immediate to 15 days
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner;
- Execute statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning and retrieval processes) on large data sets to identify trends, figures and other relevant information;
- Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform;
- Participate in development of select assets/accelerators that create scale;
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication support;
- Guide and mentor Associates on teams.
- 3-6 years of relevant post-collegiate work experience;
- Knowledge of big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
- Should have experience on NLP, Pyspark
- Exposure to tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop eco system and database systems);
- Agile project planning and project management skills;
- Relevant domain knowledge preferred; (healthcare/transportation/hi-tech/insurance);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- High motivation, good work ethic and maturity.
This person MUST have:
- B.E Computer Science or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and their applications including practical experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification, regression and clustering.
- Hands-on experience in computer vision and deep learning projects to solve real world problems involving vision tasks such as object detection, Object tracking, instance segmentation, activity detection, depth estimation, optical flow, multi-view geometry, domain adaptation etc.
- Strong understanding of modern and traditional Computer Vision Algorithms.
- Experience in one of the Deep Learning Frameworks / Networks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Darknet(YOLO v4 v5), U-Net, Mask R-CNN, EfficientDet,BERT etc.
- Proficiency with CNN architectures such as ResNet, VGG, UNet, MobileNet, pix2pix, and CycleGAN.
- Experienced user of libraries such as OpenCV, scikit-learn, matplotlib and pandas.
- Ability to transform research articles into working solutions to solve real-world problems.
- High proficiency in Python programming knowledge.
- Familiar with software development practices/pipelines (DevOps- Kubernetes, docker containers, CI/CD tools).
- Strong communication skills.
- Min 2 year experience
- Startup experience is a must.
- Remote developer
- 40 hours a week but with 4 hours a day overlapping with the client timezone. Typically clients are in the California PST Timezone.
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives etc.
- We dont believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 15 days notice period.
IDfy is ranked amongst the World's Top 100 Regulatory Technology companies for the last two years. IDfy's AI-powered technology solutions help real people unlock real opportunities. We create the confidence required for people and businesses to engage with each other in the digital world. If you have used any major payment wallets, digitally opened a bank account , have used a self-drive car, have played a real-money online game, or hosted people through AirBnB, it's quite likely that your identity has been verified through IDfy at some point.
About the team
- The machine learning team is a closely knit team responsible for building models and services that support key workflows for IDfy.
- Our models are critical for these workflows and as such are expected to perform accurately and with low latency. We use a mix of conventional and hand-crafted deep learning models.
- The team comes from diverse backgrounds and experience. We respect opinions and believe in honest, open communication.
- We work directly with business and product teams to craft solutions for our customers. We know that we are, and function as a platform and not a services company.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Work on all aspects of a production machine learning platform: acquiring data, training and building models, deploying models, building API services for exposing these models, maintaining them in production, and more.
- Work on performance tuning of models
- From time to time work on support and debugging of these production systems
- Work on researching the latest technology in the areas of our interest and applying it to build newer products and enhancement of the existing platform.
- Building workflows for training and production systems
- Contribute to documentation
While the emphasis will be on researching, building and deploying models into production, you will be expected to contribute to aspects mentioned above.
You are a seasoned machine learning engineer (or data scientist). Our ideal candidate is someone with 5+ years of experience in production machine learning.
- You should be experienced in framing and solving complex problems with the application of machine learning or deep learning models.
- Deep expertise in computer vision or NLP with the experience of putting it into production at scale.
- You have experienced that and understand that modelling is only a small part of building and delivering AI solutions and know what it takes to keep a high-performance system up and running.
- Managing a large scale production ML system for at least a couple of years
- Optimization and tuning of models for deployment at scale
- Monitoring and debugging of production ML systems
- An enthusiasm and drive to learn, assimilate and disseminate the state of the art research. A lot of what we are building will require innovative approaches using newly researched models and applications.
- Past experience of mentoring junior colleagues
- Knowledge of and experience in ML Ops and tooling for efficient machine learning processes
Good to Have
- Our stack also includes languages like Go and Elixir. We would love it if you know any of these or take interest in functional programming.
- We use Docker and Kubernetes for deploying our services, so an understanding of this would be useful to have.
- Experience in using any other platform, frameworks, tools.
Other things to keep in mind
- Our goal is to help a significant part of the world’s population unlock real opportunities. This is an opportunity to make a positive impact here, and we hope you like it as much as we do.
Life At IDfy
People at IDfy care about creating value. We take pride in the strong collaborative culture that we have built, and our love for solving challenging problems. Life at IDfy is not always what you’d expect at a tech start-up that’s growing exponentially every quarter. There’s still time and space for balance.
We host regular talks, events and performances around Life, Art, Sports, and Technology; continuously sparking creative neurons in our people to keep their intellectual juices flowing. There’s never a dull day at IDfy. The office environment is casual and it goes beyond just the dress code. We have no conventional hierarchies and believe in an open-door policy where everyone is approachable.
● Understand, apply and extend state-of-the-art NLP research to better serve our customers.
● Work closely with engineering, product, and customers to scientifically frame the business problems and come up with the underlying AI models.
● Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain innovative data and machine learning solutions to accelerate our business.
● Think creatively to identify new opportunities and contribute to high-quality publications or patents.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
● At Least 1 year of professional experience.
● Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields from the top colleges.
● Extensive knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, NLP, recommendation systems, information retrieval.
● Experience applying ML to solve complex business problems from scratch.
● Experience with Python and a deep learning framework like Pytorch/Tensorflow.
● Awareness of the state of the art research in the NLP community.
● Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
In this role, we are looking for:
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to understand business challenges and how to apply your analytics expertise to solve them.
- The unique person who can present complex mathematical solutions in a simple manner that most will understand, using data visualization techniques to tell a story with data.
- An individual excited by innovation and new technology and eager to finds ways to employ these innovations in practice.
- A team mentality, empowered by the ability to work with a diverse set of individuals.
- A passion for data, with a particular emphasis on data visualization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or related field with an emphasis on data analytics.
- 5+ Years professional experience, preferably in a data analyst / data scientist role or similar, with proven results in a data analyst role.
- 3+ Years professional experience in a leadership role guiding high-performing, data-focused teams with a track record of building and developing talent.
- Proficiency in your statistics / analytics / visualization tool of choice, but preferably in the Microsoft Azure Suite, including PowerBI and/or AzureML.
Antuit.ai is the leader in AI-powered SaaS solutions for Demand Forecasting & Planning, Merchandising and Pricing. We have the industry’s first solution portfolio – powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – that can help you digitally transform your Forecasting, Assortment, Pricing, and Personalization solutions. World-class retailers and consumer goods manufacturers leverage antuit.ai solutions, at scale, to drive outsized business results globally with higher sales, margin and sell-through.
Antuit.ai’s executives, comprised of industry leaders from McKinsey, Accenture, IBM, and SAS, and our team of Ph.Ds., data scientists, technologists, and domain experts, are passionate about delivering real value to our clients. Antuit.ai is funded by Goldman Sachs and Zodius Capital.
Antuit.ai is interested in hiring a Principal Data Scientist, this person will facilitate standing up standardization and automation ecosystem for ML product delivery, he will also actively participate in managing implementation, design and tuning of product to meet business needs.
Responsibilities includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and provides technical expertise to the delivery team. This includes recommendation of solution alternatives, identification of risks and managing business expectations.
- Design, build reliable and scalable automated processes for large scale machine learning.
- Use engineering expertise to help design solutions to novel problems in software development, data engineering, and machine learning.
- Collaborate with Business, Technology and Product teams to stand-up MLOps process.
- Apply your experience in making intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions to delivery ML ecosystem, including implementing new standards, architecture design, and workflows tools.
- Deep dive into complex algorithmic and product issues in production
- Own metrics and reporting for delivery team.
- Set a clear vision for the team members and working cohesively to attain it.
- Mentor and coach team members
Qualifications and Skills:
- Engineering degree in any stream
- Has at least 7 years of prior experience in building ML driven products/solutions
- Excellent programming skills in any one of the language C++ or Python or Java.
- Hands on experience on open source libraries and frameworks- Tensorflow,Pytorch, MLFlow, KubeFlow, etc.
- Developed and productized large-scale models/algorithms in prior experience
- Can drive fast prototypes/proof of concept in evaluating various technology, frameworks/performance benchmarks.
- Familiar with software development practices/pipelines (DevOps- Kubernetes, docker containers, CI/CD tools).
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies.
- 3+ years working with retail or CPG preferred.
- Experience in forecasting and optimization problems, particularly in the CPG / Retail industry preferred.
Information Security Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to Information Security policies, guidelines and procedure, practice them for protection of organizational data and Information System.
- Take part in Information Security training and act accordingly while handling information.
- Report all suspected security and policy breach to Infosec team or appropriate authority (CISO).
Antuit.ai is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender identity, sex, age (40+), marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
We’re looking to hire someone to help scale Machine Learning and NLP efforts at Episource. You’ll work with the team that develops the models powering Episource’s product focused on NLP driven medical coding. Some of the problems include improving our ICD code recommendations , clinical named entity recognition and information extraction from clinical notes.
This is a role for highly technical machine learning & data engineers who combine outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to code up prototypes and productionalize using a large range of tools, algorithms, and languages. Most importantly they need to have the ability to autonomously plan and organize their work assignments based on high-level team goals.
You will be responsible for setting an agenda to develop and ship machine learning models that positively impact the business, working with partners across the company including operations and engineering. You will use research results to shape strategy for the company, and help build a foundation of tools and practices used by quantitative staff across the company.
What you will achieve:
Define the research vision for data science, and oversee planning, staffing, and prioritization to make sure the team is advancing that roadmap
Invest in your team’s skills, tools, and processes to improve their velocity, including working with engineering counterparts to shape the roadmap for machine learning needs
Hire, retain, and develop talented and diverse staff through ownership of our data science hiring processes, brand, and functional leadership of data scientists
Evangelise machine learning and AI internally and externally, including attending conferences and being a thought leader in the space
Partner with the executive team and other business leaders to deliver cross-functional research work and models
Strong background in classical machine learning and machine learning deployments is a must and preferably with 4-8 years of experience
Knowledge of deep learning & NLP
Hands-on experience in TensorFlow/PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, Python, Apache Spark & Big Data platforms to manipulate large-scale structured and unstructured datasets.
Experience with GPU computing is a plus.
Professional experience as a data science leader, setting the vision for how to most effectively use data in your organization. This could be through technical leadership with ownership over a research agenda, or developing a team as a personnel manager in a new area at a larger company.
Expert-level experience with a wide range of quantitative methods that can be applied to business problems.
Evidence you’ve successfully been able to scope, deliver and sell your own research in a way that shifts the agenda of a large organization.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, engineers, and business leaders.
Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
Professional experience as a data science leader, setting the vision for how to most effectively use data in your organization
Expert-level experience with machine learning that can be applied to business problems
Evidence you’ve successfully been able to scope, deliver and sell your own work in a way that shifts the agenda of a large organization
Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
Degree in a field that has very applicable use of data science / statistics techniques (e.g. statistics, applied math, computer science, OR a science field with direct statistics application)
5+ years of industry experience in data science and machine learning, preferably at a software product company
3+ years of experience managing data science teams, incl. managing/grooming managers beneath you
3+ years of experience partnering with executive staff on data topics
As a Data Science Lead, you will be working on creating industry first analytical and propensity models to
help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and make smarter decisions to deliver
even better customer experience. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing
statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
➢ Working with business and leadership teams to gathering and analyse structured and unstructured data
➢ Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
➢ Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic
➢ Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
➢ Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
➢ Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
➢ Creation and evolution of an efficient BI pipeline into a multi-faceted pipeline to support various
What we are looking for:
➢ 5-8 years of relevant experience, preferably in financial services industry.
➢ A bachelors / master’s degree in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
Management from Tier 1 Institutes.
➢ Data warehousing experience will be a plus.
➢ Good conceptual understanding of statistics and probability.
➢ Experience in developing dashboards and reports using BI tools.