Ø 2+ years of experience in Insurance domain. Knowledge about complete Insurance value chain i.e. Submission, Quotes, Policy Bound, Policy Administration, Claims, Billing and Reinsurance.
Ø Strong documentation skills on feature understanding, tracking of items, maintaining RTM, FSD, Change requests documents, back log/ query log and Share-point folder maintenance for all updates.
Ø Well versed with rating algorithm, policy life cycle management, rule engine handling & payment integration with third party provider.
Job Description :
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and present findings of studies to client committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution, and facilities
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Act as a key point of contact to the Business Transformation Services, Business Analysis, and Functional Architecture and Solution Architecture groups throughout the implementation
- Interface with business stakeholders to determine key design/process decisions, and contribute to overall delivery plan.
- Deliver assigned tasks complete and on time as designated by the Programme Office to ensure smooth progress of the implementation.
- Contribute and take ownership for various project related tasks / planning activities as the programme evolves
- Knowledge and Practical experience of Project Management methodologies – ability to configure delivery work stream frameworks to progress timelines and delivery milestones
- Demonstrate ability in planning consulting/functional work & ownership of project outcomes
Qualification: MBA(Tier 1 B-School)
I Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business rules analysis, metrics & KPI definition, use cases, and other BA tools and techniques as required.
- Works with the Account Management, Strategy, and Executive Leadership teams and clients to determine and develop business requirements for new and existing technical projects.
- Collaborate with the Development/Testing/Support teams and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs for functional requirements.
- Facilitates the Quality Assurance (QA) team in writing test cases for solution validation.
- Acts as the liaison between clients, business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Ensure documentation on the product stays are relevant and requirements are detailed enough to manage assumptions, risks, and out-of-scope situations.
- Nature of Experience: Experience working on data-driven or software / application / web-based projects, or in the marketing and communications field as a BA working with technical solutions.
III Skill Set & Personality Traits required:
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, waterfall and agile project frameworks.
- Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including clients, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong interview and facilitation skills to gather requirements from other lines of business.
- Ability to manage stakeholders with differing priorities to reach consensus on requirements.
- Ability and desire to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion and simplify complex situations.
- Ability to write clear yet concise requirements with an emphasis on quality over quantity.
- Understanding of concepts related to data architecture and relational database design.
- Experience in designing complex data-driven applications & reports.
- Ability to work with User Interface elements to develop mockups and wireframes - Balsamiq, Sketch, Draw.io, Lucidchart etc.
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook an
- E / B. Tech or relevant degree in Business/IT Management/Computer Science.
To lead virtual meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution. Should be able to lead requirement discussion calls with potential clients about their web and mobile application development needs.
Responsible for the requirement gathering with potential clients to elicit business and functional requirements.
Apply standard business analysis techniques to develop quality requirements for inclusion in BRD/FRD/SRS. Develop an understanding of the business applications supported as well as the business directions.
Collaborate effectively with development functions to provide cost and time assessment of the requirements.
Should be able to create proposals and Statement Of Work, clearly documenting the client requirements and budgetary information.
Should be open to work in extended IST hours.
Problem solver, self-driven and be able to work as an individual contributor as well if required. Desired Candidate Profile:
4-6 years of strong experience working as a Business Analyst or Presales consultant in the web and mobile application domain.
Knowledge of web and mobile application development technologies
Familiar with agile principles and other software development processes and concepts.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
B-Tech/MBA/BCA Equivalent as educational qualification.
Location- Noida (Work from Office)
Strategic Data Analyst
for large scale human transformation projects
FULL-TIME | MUMBAI-BASED | MIN. 2 YRS EXPERIENCE
As a Strategic Analyst, you will play a critical role in improving the effectiveness of Illumine’s human transformation projects on the ground.
ILLUMINE is a design & actualization lab that works on large-scale business & cultural transformation projects with leading corporations, and educational institutions in India. Illumine also works on nation-building projects with the Government to build customer/ citizen-centric services.
Working with Illumine will open up a wide range of possibilities to leverage data, technology & digital tools to ensure large-scale human transformation projects can become more scalable, seamless and highly value creating for clients and beneficiaries.
Key roles and responsibilities:1. Owning the successful implementation of interventions on the ground by providing strategic insights
This involves –
- Leveraging data to identify hotspots/ areas where early decisions/ remedial action needs to be taken.
- Identifying issues early (based on patterns) and flagging off for proactive action.
- Working with the engagement & deployment teams to take the right strategic decision to improve implementation on ground
2. Enabling internal teams to improve their product/ outcomes with data.
This involves –
- Interfacing with multiple teams (e.g. facilitators/ trainers, learning architects, assessment designers, intervention leaders, tech platform owners) to translate practice-level requirements into meaningful insights.
- Identifying interdependencies between different products and generating insights that can improve the overall effectiveness of the intervention.
You will succeed in this role if you have:
- the desire to make a difference to the nation and the lives of citizens
- the excitement to generate new possibilities with data
- rigor in your thinking and an attention to detail
- a good understanding of business and strategy
- a keen interest to understand & impact how people / institutions think, perform and change
- proven capabilities in taking products to completion (e.g. from conceptualizing the analytical model to building reports, dashboards, presentations)
- focus on meeting goals & outcomes – doing everything possible to make the outcome happen rather than focusing on only ‘your part’ or ‘your existing skillset’
- at least 2 years of overall work experience with data that could include – Analytics, Engineering / Technology, Strategic Consulting, Social Science Research, Cognitive Science, HR / Learning & Organizational Development, Performance / Sports Science, etc.
- ability to engage with clients/ stakeholders
- good written and verbal communication skills
Explore further before applying
- The Illumine Labs Website
- Explore our ideas on YouTube Channel .
- A glimpse into our theory of work here .
• Gain in-depth knowledge of current Operations processes, inefficiencies, issues, and risks.
• Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both Operations business and
• Knowledge of Agile.
• Ability to drive multiple agendas and effectively manage priorities
• Strong communication and presentation skills, with senior stakeholders, with an excellent
standard of English (written and spoken)
• Work with the business to understand their requirements, define new processes and
• Be an active, vocal team member of workshops, discussions, and working groups.
• Document requirements in a clear, unambiguous manner. Ensure they are understood by all
parties and sign-off are achieved.
• Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs. Translate into clear,
automated and globally standardized future state models
• Create functional and design specifications, ensuring all stakeholders, globally, are in
agreement and provide sign off
• Preparing Data Flow Diagram, Process Flow Manual DFD in Visio, UML diagrams.
• Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications, and supporting
documents meet the bank's standards
• Ensure development and testing teams understand the requirements and future state
processes and that they are fully engaged early on in the project.
• Provide ongoing support to the technology and testing teams as required e.g. reviewing of
test cases, closeout open issues/questions, manage change request process, etc.
• Assist the business with UAT, including communications, planning, preparation, and test cases
• Proficiency in Access, PowerPoint, and MS Word
• Identify risks and issues early. Communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner.
Propose and plan mitigating steps.
• Work closely with Project Managers to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged,
communications are regular and honest and expectations are well managed.
Business Analyst Job Description
DataWeave is a Data Platform which aggregates publicly available data from disparate sources and makes it available in the right format to enable companies take strategic decisions using trans-firewall Analytics.
It's hard to tell what we love more, problems or solutions! Every day, we choose to address some of the hardest data problems that there are. We are in the business of making sense of messy public data on the web. At serious scale!
Read more on Become a DataWeaver
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, which include: Increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
- Work with the internal delivery team to ensure delivery quality to exceed client's expectations.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued value of our products and services.
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for testimonials, references and case studies.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
- Ensure billing and collection of the assigned accounts is under control.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Manage account escalations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of solutions/products.
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities quickly.
Growth at DataWeave
- Fast paced growth opportunities at dynamically evolving start-up.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas and explore wide variety of tools to figure out what really excites you.