Turtlemint is one of India's largest InsureTech companies. Launched in 2015, Turtlemint works on educating customers and helping them research across all segments of insurance. It also has its own network of advisors who are empowered with all necessary training, tools and license to sell insurance and other financial products like Mutual Funds, Loans and e-Gold. It has a wide multi-brand distribution network through its multi-language mobile application - MintPro
With an advisor network of over 100,000 that caters to 1.5mn+ customers across 800 cities in India, Turtlemint today has an overwhelming majority of Indian insurance companies as its partners. With a goal to improve the skill and knowledge of the Insurance advisor community, it has invested in technology offerings, online trainings and shareable content. The Mumbai-based Startup has been funded by Sequoia Capital, Nexus Venture Partners and Blume Ventures.
Explore more about us on – www.turtlemintmoney.com and www.turtlemint.com &
In the News : https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/17/india-insurance-startup-turtlemint-raises-30-million/
• Design, implement, and support scalable and functionally resilient public REST APIs
• Support and help cultivate product mindset culture, by working directly with - business and product management to understand customer needs, perform customer requirement analysis, and collaborate on roadmap planning and its execution
• Advocate for best practice development methodologies across the entire team and help iterate on software development processes and standards
• Contribute to the development of test automation
• Demonstrate flexibility and leadership in a fast paced startup environment while remaining focused on the responsibility of creating sustainable and scalable platform code base
Experience and Skill required:
• Experience designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications
• Strong experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, C/C++, C#
• Demonstrated expertise working with at least one modern enterprise application frameworks like Spring Boot, Play Framework, Django
• Demonstrated expertise in building scalable distributed applications in microservices architecture
• Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies and coding standards
• Strong and proven advocacy for Test Driven Development is preferred
• Experience with SQL (mySQL, Postgres, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDb, DynamoDB, Aerospike or Redis)
• Production experience in running cloud based enterprise-grade systems at scale
• Natural ability to process requirements, figure out multiple execution options, their complexity, and estimate the scope of work required to get tasks done
• DevOps experience
• Cloud experience (AWS required, Google Cloud Platform bonus)
Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Finally, and most importantly, drive, energy, and motivation to succeed with delivering great customer experiences
Experience: 4-8 years
What you get:
- To work in an early stage consumer internet start-up in disruptive space - To directly work with founding team of graduates from IIT/ IIM and experience at top internet brands like Yahoo/ eBay - Silicon Valley like culture - Competitive salary
We are on a quest to find a Senior Software Developer - Scala with several years of experience who will help us in extending and maintaining our platform
You will join a cross functional team with different nationalities, backgrounds and experience levels. The agile team is co-located including the Product Managers
You will collaborate with all team members in order to deliver the best solutions that enhance our platform
About Springer Nature India Pvt. Ltd:
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: http://group.springernature.com">group.springernature.com and follow @SpringerNature
If you are still wondering, why should you work with us. Here are 5 reasons why?
- Springer Nature is one of the world's largest publishing company. Nobel laureates publish their research at Springer.
- We are truly a digital organization and Springer Nature Pune is at the helm of this digitization.
- We not only believe but preach providing good work life balance to our employees.
- We are investing in building our products using machine learning and NLP.
- We work in latest technologies like AWS and Scala.
About the team:
Backend - Adis – PV is a scientific analysis platform being built for extracting content from scientific articles and providing meaningful insights
Insights are then published in a structured way, so that they can be made accessible to end users, via feeds delivery or through the platform
Backend - Adis – PV will be a production system for all databases under one IT landscape and under one umbrella.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Magarpatta City, Pune - India (Work from home until further notice)
Years of Experience 6 to 10 years
What we are looking for
B.Sc., BCA, BCS, B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA and M.Sc.
Primary Language Skills: Java 8, Scala
Framework: Play Framework
Messaging: Rabbit MQ
Ideologies: TDD / ATDD, Pair Programming
Database: SQL and NoSQL
- You will help us continuously improving our platform
- Together we will create best in class services that support the needs of our customers
- Taking part of team ceremonies like grooming, planning and retrospective
- Develop new features
- Improve code quality by doing pair programming or code reviews
- Continuously improve and monitor our product
- Own and consistently deliver high quality end-to-end product features keeping in view technical & business expectations
- Add meaty features to the product which will deliver substantial business value
- Pioneer clean coding and continuous code refactoring
- Understands and appreciates existing design and architecture of the product
- Understands pros and cons of various technology options available
- Takes technical ownership of some of sub-systems of the product
- Makes changes in the product designs to achieve required business value / mileage
- Identify and addresses technical debts
- Understands technical vision and road-map of the product and expectations
- Understands purview of key pieces of deliverables and own few of these pieces
Day at work
- Pioneer proof of concepts of new technologies keeping in view product road-map and business priorities
- Self-study and share his / her learning within the team and across teams
- Provide required help to other team-members
- Pioneer in various team events and work towards objectives of these events
- Make meaningful suggestions to make ceremonies more effective
- You have several years of experience with Software Development
- You have worked successfully with product teams in the past and ideally have some experience with mentoring junior developers
- You like working in a collaborative environment where there is collective ownership of the code
- You work in a Continuous Integration and always strive for Continuous Delivery
- You like to share and enable others to increase your whole team's performance
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop well-designed, performant and scalable microservices
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code that follow software development best practices
- Integrate data storage solutions including databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Expose business functionality to frontend/mobile applications and partner systems through secure and scalable APIs.
- Build integrations with 3rd party applications through apis’ to ingest and process data
- Ensure security and data protection aspects within the applications
- Contribute to devops by building CD/CI pipelines to automate releases
- Ensure high performance and availability of distributed systems and applications
- Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff to support live customer deployments and production issues.
- 4+ years of experience in developing applications using Scala and related technologies.
- Thorough understanding of multithreading concepts and async execution using Actor model.
- Thorough understanding of Play framework, GraphQL and GRPC technologies.
- Experience in using DAL and ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries for data access.
- Experiencing in developing and hosting APIs and integration with external applications.
- Experience in building data models and repositories using relational and NoSql databases.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Bitbucket and agile methodologies.
- Good to have knowledge of AWS services like Lambda, dynamodb, kinesis and others.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming and distributed architectures.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Affinity for learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in working with docker is a plus
- Comfortable in working with Unix/Linux environment
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal