5+ IBM WebSphere Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru) | IBM WebSphere Job openings in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Apply to 5+ IBM WebSphere Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru) on CutShort.io. Explore the latest IBM WebSphere Job opportunities across top companies like Google, Amazon & Adobe.
About the role
For this role, the candidate needs to be responsible to work with a team to develop web platforms, solutions,
applications, and interfaces. Create and maintain websites including e-commerce platforms and custom applications.
Provide support for the optimization effort of applications, with emphasis on improvements to application
performance and page loading times.
• Design, and develop solutions within a multi-functional Agile team to support business priority for HCL the
Commerce application (formerly IBM Websphere Commerce)
• Collaborate with UX designers, business solutions, product owners, and data services teams to design and
discover functional, architectural, and quality requirements.
• Educate and promote the use of best practices, while designing principles and frameworks to resolve issues.
• Share domain and technical expertise providing technical mentorship and cross-training to peers and team
• Conduct design and code reviews of developed solutions and unit tests for optimization.
• Participate in the deployment process and architectural and design discussions with teams.
• Perform support for scheduled after-hours tasks related to maintenance, production, and nonproduction release
1. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science related field
2. Experience in WCS V7/ v8/v9, data model, contract, programming model, java, J2EE, Oracle DB/DB2, Linux/Shell
scripting, and JQuery.
3. Hands-on experience in WCS 9.x, 8.x, 7.x, versions
4. Strong Design and implementation experience in WebSphere Commerce 9.x,v8.x v7.x
5. Development Customization experience in SOLR.
6. Development-Integration with SOAP and REST services.
7. Working experience on any monitoring/observability tools, CICD pipelines like Jenkins, Solr and Performance
8. Strong understanding of WebSphere commerce application architecture.
9. Experience in Integrating, designing and developing custom solutions within WebSphere Commerce.
10. Hands-on experience with utilizing various sub-systems of WebSphere Commerce Server (Catalog, Order,
11. Experience in working on different Business models of commerce (B2B, B2C, Extended sites).
About DigiSprint Solutions:
We are a global retail e-commerce start-up, having two decades of digital transformation industry experience. We
have successfully built world class ecommerce transformation solutions for leading retailers in US, UK, Mexico &
Our expertise includes domain consulting, technology consulting, enterprise architecture, leading platform solutions,
custom headless microservices and end to end testing across the systems. Our primary focus is to work with our
customers in a partnership mindset. We work with trending digital commerce technologies such as Oracle CX Cloud,
Adobe Commerce Cloud, Spring boot, Microservices, Java, etc.
A Senior Associate Java WCS Technologist is considered as a senior contributor for complex modules of work by bringing deep core technology expertise and relevant business subject matter expertise to the table.
- Sr. Associate, Technology plays a significant role during the design and implementation of the technological solution for our clients.
- A Sr. Associate, Technology is involved in ensuring a quality technical design that satisfies the business requirements of the client.
- A Sr. Associate, Technology is often involved in package evaluations and recommendations, communicating the technological details of the project to the business users and workshops with the clients. Sr. Associate, Technology also participates in gathering business requirements and assessing existing architectures and resources.
- Sr. Associate, Technology provides leadership to the team by taking responsibility for a specific component or track of the project architecture. By taking on this level of responsibility, a Sr. Associate, Technology spends more time overseeing the tasks required to implement a solution rather than performing the tasks directly. This includes planning, estimation, resource management, issue resolution and quality assurance. A Sr. Associate, Technology is also responsible for coordinating and communicating with the other tracks and disciplines involved in the project.
- In performing the essential functions of this role, the work is fast-paced, moderately noisy and team-based. Additionally, frequent overnight travel is required.
- Prepares the technical design of the more complex technology components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
- Participates in and in some cases drives design reviews of other modules and provides insightful comments to improve the design quality and design conformance to standards
- Assists the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack/package or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture
- Implements slice of application (EAR) and proofs of concept (spike solution) to prove any new technologies or integration scenarios in the module
- For package implementations, aids the Architect of the project to perform the gap analysis between business requirements and the package features and design the configuration, customizations, extensions, interfaces required to meet the requirements
- Provides innovative solutions to project level technical issues
- Critiques a design created by another designer and helps identify design and performance improvements
- Interacts with a set of clients (client senior developers and architects) to create technology specifications from business requirements for one of the modules within the project
- In some scenarios, collaborates with client developers to design, build, test and deploy the module components and integrate with the rest of the modules
- Raises and drives to closure with the client any technical design and implementation issues in the module and also in the interfaces and interactions with other modules
- Estimates the implementation and deployment of the module based on design architecture, testing strategy and overall project plan
- Assists the architect in coming up with the overall estimates for the project along with any key risks and issues and their mitigation
- Reports progress and issues to the Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates
- Works with team on the development of standards, processes and procedures related to application security, upgrade management, capacity planning, application deployment, performance monitoring/tuning, and failover and disaster recovery
- Mentors the team on the best techniques to debug and troubleshoot design and implementation defects and issues
- Shares point of view on technology stack, package and latest technology and business trends in one or more relevant areas (e.g. eCommerce, Content Management).
- Documents the technical design using UML, suitable design patterns in the form of technical design narrative, object models, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams
Experience in: J2EE - Application Servers, Java - ORM, Java - Spring Framework, Core
Java, SQL Development Languages, Java - Web, Presentation Frameworks, Java - Messaging
Implementation, Java Web Services, Planning/ Execution & Tracking, Scoping and
Estimating, Data Modeling, High Availability and Failover Applications, High Throughput / Transaction Application, Logical Architecture Design, OOAD and UML, Package / Vendor Selection, Performance / Capacity Planning, Application, Security.
Ability to abstract detail into larger (repeatable) patterns, familiarity with user centered analysis and evaluation techniques
Understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively be able to manage a sub-
Business Knowledge: Domain experience on Enterprise data warehouse would be a plus.
Personal Attributes: a. Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions b. Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal) c. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution d. Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision. e. Ability to prioritize when under pressure
Full Time Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
Technical Skills needed:
- WebSphere Developers with Sr experience.
- Strong knowledge of WebShere Commerce v8.x (preferred) application development
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks
- Strong knowledge building WebSphere Commerce applications using Web Sphere Commerce Build and Deployment (WCBD) is preferred
- Experience with AWS hosted applications is preferred. Knowledge of working on EC2, ELB, RDS services preferred.
- Experience with Ant, Maven build scripts and Jenkins based CI/CD process
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripts
- Hands on experience with web service technologies including SOAP, REST, JCA, Jax-ws preferred
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC and JAXB is preferred
- Strong familiarity using SVN/GIT/BitBucket for source code management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred
- Experience tuning Websphere commerce Solr Indexing and Stage Prop Process highly desirable