IBM WebSphere Jobs in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
About the Company
Peacock Engineering Ltd is a Gold-accredited IBM Premier Business Partner which has amassed over 300 person years of experience implementing business critical EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) solutions across a range of industries such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, utilities, facilities management, transport, and power generation.
Peacock Engineering Ltd specialise in providing consultancy services and support for the IBM Maximo EAM software product, and maintain a pool of highly-experienced and capable consultants fully conversant with IBM Maximo and its functionality, capabilities and opportunities for customisation to meet business need.
Peacock Engineering have introduced recently a full 24x7x365 support facility for its customers. This has previously been handled by an on-call Rota only dealing with high priority (P1) incidents. The volume of this workload and the requirement to provide this facility for all priorities of incidents has dictated that the on-call Rota is no longer sufficient and a new 24x7x365 facility will be implemented in our Bangalore, India office.
The role of an Application Support Consultant is to take calls from the 1st Level support desk, log those calls in our service desk application, perform diagnostics to ascertain the root cause of the call and then find a solution that is acceptable to the customer – communicating with the customer throughout. Should escalations be required, there will always be at least one manager on call and contactable by telephone. The nature of these calls may vary, but are likely to be categorized as one of the following: -
- Software bug
- User error
- Administrative requirement
- Infrastructure error
- Invalid data
- Configuration error
- Middleware error
- Lack of understanding
- Change required
Whilst a general understanding and appreciation of IT aspects such as networking, server infrastructure, software, data manipulation and applications is essential, full training will be given on the specific tooling and applications required, together with the processes needed to perform efficient diagnosis and resolution.
As the service grows, it is envisaged that the responsibility of additional applications and technologies will be added with additional training given.
- To receive, troubleshoot and resolve 1st and 2nd level support queries.
- To log, prioritise and correctly process incoming issues through the ticketing system, adhering to contracted response and resolution times.
- To undertake 1st and 2nd level diagnosis, triage and troubleshooting on technical issues, working with the 1st Level support desk to gather all relevant information and circumstances around the issue.
- To escalate up to 3rd level consultancy all issues requiring higher technical involvement.
- To carry out requests on clients’ systems such as password reset and permissions changes, amending distribution lists, running, and setting reports, etc.
- To keep in continuing contact with the 1st Level support desk regarding open tickets and issues.
- To communicate frequently and effectively with colleagues and management in the UK to report actions, progress, issues, and take part in the daily call.
- Very high level of spoken and written English
- Understanding of infrastructure principles
- IT security principles
- High level of customer service with the attitude of ensuring customer satisfaction through every customer interaction
- A thorough, detailed and analytical approach to problem solving
- The ability to work with other team members to ensure continuity but also (given the shift structure) the ability to work alone and remain productive and focused
- Understanding the principles of incident priorities, SLAs and contractual obligations
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines whilst remaining calm and communicative
- A good listener to understand the customers concerns without making assumptions and to ensure the customer feels supported
Skill Requirements - Preferable:
- ITIL v4 foundation certified
- Experience of working in product support environment
- Good to have exposure to IBM Maximo
- Good to have exposure to Click Scheduling application
- Understanding of IBM ACE
- Understanding of IBM MQ series
- Understanding of DB2 administration
- Hands-on SQL
- Windows Server administration
- Incident Management (Preferable ServiceNow)
- The ideal candidate will have come from an educational background to degree level in an IT discipline and have a good all-round understanding of ITIL concepts.
- He/She will see themselves as a problem solver with the attitude of never giving up but knowing when to ask for help. Their communications in English spoken and written environment will be extremely strong.
- Working shift patterns, potentially alone in the office or home working will not concern nor worry them.
- They are looking to use their skills in a technical environment with technical colleagues and are hungry to grow their skill and experience at a very fast pace.
- They have had some experience of customer service and satisfaction in a commercial environment (full or part time) and are told they are a ‘people person’.
- They are looking for a varied technical position with the potential to learn many new applications, services and technical skills.
- Professional and committed, with a disciplined approach to work.
- Motivated and driven by finding and providing solutions to problems.
- Polite, tactful, helpful, empathic nature, able to deliver to the needs of customers.
- Has respect for others and their views.
- Technology minded and focused, enthusiastic about technologies.
- Analytical, able to raise from the detail and see the bigger picture.
- Dedicated to continually updating and upgrading own knowledge.
- Carries a mind-set of continuous improvement, constantly looking for better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Values quality at the centre of all things in work.
As an employee, you will be encouraged to continually develop your capability & attain certifications to reflect your growth as an individual.
A Senior Associate Java WCS Technologist is considered as a senior contributor for complex modules of work by bringing deep core technology expertise and relevant business subject matter expertise to the table.
- Sr. Associate, Technology plays a significant role during the design and implementation of the technological solution for our clients.
- A Sr. Associate, Technology is involved in ensuring a quality technical design that satisfies the business requirements of the client.
- A Sr. Associate, Technology is often involved in package evaluations and recommendations, communicating the technological details of the project to the business users and workshops with the clients. Sr. Associate, Technology also participates in gathering business requirements and assessing existing architectures and resources.
- Sr. Associate, Technology provides leadership to the team by taking responsibility for a specific component or track of the project architecture. By taking on this level of responsibility, a Sr. Associate, Technology spends more time overseeing the tasks required to implement a solution rather than performing the tasks directly. This includes planning, estimation, resource management, issue resolution and quality assurance. A Sr. Associate, Technology is also responsible for coordinating and communicating with the other tracks and disciplines involved in the project.
- In performing the essential functions of this role, the work is fast-paced, moderately noisy and team-based. Additionally, frequent overnight travel is required.
- Prepares the technical design of the more complex technology components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
- Participates in and in some cases drives design reviews of other modules and provides insightful comments to improve the design quality and design conformance to standards
- Assists the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack/package or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture
- Implements slice of application (EAR) and proofs of concept (spike solution) to prove any new technologies or integration scenarios in the module
- For package implementations, aids the Architect of the project to perform the gap analysis between business requirements and the package features and design the configuration, customizations, extensions, interfaces required to meet the requirements
- Provides innovative solutions to project level technical issues
- Critiques a design created by another designer and helps identify design and performance improvements
- Interacts with a set of clients (client senior developers and architects) to create technology specifications from business requirements for one of the modules within the project
- In some scenarios, collaborates with client developers to design, build, test and deploy the module components and integrate with the rest of the modules
- Raises and drives to closure with the client any technical design and implementation issues in the module and also in the interfaces and interactions with other modules
- Estimates the implementation and deployment of the module based on design architecture, testing strategy and overall project plan
- Assists the architect in coming up with the overall estimates for the project along with any key risks and issues and their mitigation
- Reports progress and issues to the Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates
- Works with team on the development of standards, processes and procedures related to application security, upgrade management, capacity planning, application deployment, performance monitoring/tuning, and failover and disaster recovery
- Mentors the team on the best techniques to debug and troubleshoot design and implementation defects and issues
- Shares point of view on technology stack, package and latest technology and business trends in one or more relevant areas (e.g. eCommerce, Content Management).
- Documents the technical design using UML, suitable design patterns in the form of technical design narrative, object models, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams
Experience in: J2EE - Application Servers, Java - ORM, Java - Spring Framework, Core
Java, SQL Development Languages, Java - Web, Presentation Frameworks, Java - Messaging
Implementation, Java Web Services, Planning/ Execution & Tracking, Scoping and
Estimating, Data Modeling, High Availability and Failover Applications, High Throughput / Transaction Application, Logical Architecture Design, OOAD and UML, Package / Vendor Selection, Performance / Capacity Planning, Application, Security.
Ability to abstract detail into larger (repeatable) patterns, familiarity with user centered analysis and evaluation techniques
Understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively be able to manage a sub-
Business Knowledge: Domain experience on Enterprise data warehouse would be a plus.
Personal Attributes: a. Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions b. Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal) c. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution d. Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision. e. Ability to prioritize when under pressure
Full Time Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
Technical Skills needed:
- WebSphere Developers with Sr experience.
- Strong knowledge of WebShere Commerce v8.x (preferred) application development
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks
- Strong knowledge building WebSphere Commerce applications using Web Sphere Commerce Build and Deployment (WCBD) is preferred
- Experience with AWS hosted applications is preferred. Knowledge of working on EC2, ELB, RDS services preferred.
- Experience with Ant, Maven build scripts and Jenkins based CI/CD process
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripts
- Hands on experience with web service technologies including SOAP, REST, JCA, Jax-ws preferred
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC and JAXB is preferred
- Strong familiarity using SVN/GIT/BitBucket for source code management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred
- Experience tuning Websphere commerce Solr Indexing and Stage Prop Process highly desirable
• Design and develop the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design artefacts
• Business Object Models (business entities/ objects and their relationships)
• Service Models describing the service layers in the desired business domain
• Service Specification(SOAP/REST/SCA) describing the input and output interfaces for the service, as well as its security, editing, and interface protocol requirements • extensible Mark-up Language (XML) interfaces and files, XML Schema Definitions (XSDs), Web Services Description Language (WSDL) files Creating SOA Design standards and best practices for object naming, design deployments, data content integration, and production output using various channels.
• Use of IBM's Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) tools: WebSphere Process Server (WPS)/ Business Process Manager (BPM), Business Automation Workflow(BAW), IBM Integration Designer (IID), and create SOA design artefacts for composite application development teams.
• Designing BPM solutions with service orchestration using Business Process
• Using IBM's ESB tools: WESB mediation flows for data mapping/ transformation, and message flows/ routing.
• Designing workflow services and exposing them for all business domains in implementing seamless workflow orchestration under the SOA environment.
• Delivered solutions must include standards and best practices for design, development, configuration, deployment, data content integration, and mentoring of other staff in all of the above.
• Guide architecture activities implementing Design solutions including Infrastructure design, installation, configuration, and implementation and maintenance for High availability/ fault-tolerant integrated solution.
• Detailed experience in integrating external systems with IBM WPS/WESB
• Experience with agile scrum methodology
• Experience in providing L2/L3 functional support on IBM BPM
• Need to be able to code hands-on in Java at least some basics.
• Must Have (Top 3 skills): IID/ESB, MQ, Webservices