Arduino Jobs in Mumbai
Principal Engineer - IoT @REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
https://medium.com/faasos-story/winning-the-last-frontier-for-consumer-internet-5f2a659c43db" target="_blank">link 3
https://medium.com/faasos-story/winning-the-last-frontier-for-consumer-internet-5f2a659c43db" target="_blank">link 4
Engineering History @ Rebel
In order to understand more about the challenges that you might face at Rebel, it’s important that we go back to the inception and get acquainted about our journey to date. From the times when excel sheets served as our POS system at stores having one brand, to our evolution as a company that uses smart kitchens - we have traversed the phone, web, and app channels over time. From being a single brand restaurant, we moved to be a parent company with a dozen restaurant brands under the umbrella, while simultaneously moving our operations from a single kitchen to more than 300 locations across 30 cities in India and in a few international locations. The team of engineers at Rebel has built one of the most unique platforms in the world that can not only help operate a kitchen with multiple brands but also aids in operating business at scale. To give you additional perspective, the team has built more than 40+ products in the last 4.5 years. The innovation spans through technologies like polygon architecture (dynamic delivery radius) for a multi-brand operation from a kitchen, to managing each step of the kitchen ops — queuing, load/prep time, batching of orders, out of the door algorithms; inventory prediction based on consumption data, personal recommendation engine, deep integration with every aggregator, last-mile delivery app, CRM systems, multiple brand websites and apps, reporting and analytics systems, and more. Everything that was mentioned has been built on a tech stack developed by our Engineers. This enabled us to tackle the massive complexity of a multi-brand operation while keeping all parts of the business supremely efficient and optimized.
Future of Engineering @ Rebel
We are now building Engineering 2.0 at our company. The vision is to make technology the Brain (AI, Machine Learning, analytics to drive every business decision of the company), the Body (robotics led automation at our Kitchens, driving tremendous operational efficiency), and the Mind (building an AI/ ML-driven virtual personal butler for customers across app, web, and voice, like Netflix of food) at Rebel. This will mean working across technologies and product/engineering teams to build solutions that would be “first - time” in the world. Engineering @ Rebel will break new grounds.
You will be a senior member of the Rebel IoT platform development team. As a Principal Engineer-Internet of Things, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable and distributed big data warehouse and analytics platform using the latest cloud based technologies. You will be involved in designing a multi-tenant, highly scalable, big data analytics platform using AWS technologies. You will lead the overall design and architecture of core platform services of Rebel IoT platform ensuring it supports horizontal scaling to support data I/O for thousands of IoT devices in the kitchen.
- Architecture, design and development of a multi-tenant and big data ingestion and processing platform using the latest AWS technologies.
- Partner with other teams and development leaders to ensure overall architecture and design are aligned with cloud development best practices.
- Work closely with development teams working on vertical applications that use the platform core services.
- Develop platform core services that makes vertical application development faster and consistent with the overall design of the entire ecosystem.
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to set strategic direction for the platform.
- Work with 3rd party partners and cities to build solutions and integrate with the core platform services.
- Develop API and support 3rd party development ecosystem for partners to develop applications on top of the platform.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or 6 or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in software development.
- Three or more years as technical lead or architect designing and building distributed systems and cloud services
- Experience with building scalable ingestion and data processing applications
- Experience in one or more cloud providerslike GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience in IOT
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Three or more years of in-depth experience of AWS technologies.
- Three or more years of experience developing multi-tenant and high throughput data ingestion on public cloud.
- Strong foundation skills in Java, NodeJs
- Experience developing in one or more SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience debugging and monitoring cloud applications using Graphite/Grafana, ELK, Google Prometheus, Datadog.
- Ability to make meaningful technical and business trade-offs with extensive knowledge of architectural patterns for scalability, technologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of leading a development team, collaborating with product managers, architects and designers in delivering products on time using Agile.
The Rebel Culture
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make your mind up. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.