Prior 5-7 years of content writing experience as a content editor, web editor, or a similar role Ability to understand and write about web technologies.
Knowledge about websites and any prior experience managing blogs is a plus.
Ability to write creative, fast, and error-free content Excellent research skills Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
Basic knowledge of keywords, meta tags, SEO and its implementation in writing Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times
Ability to work well in a team with a range of creative people
Have an eye for detail Ability to learn
Take complete ownership of the entire blogging process Work on adding CTAs and infographics to the blogs
- Writing, editing and proofreading website content.
- Write Articles, Blogs, Social media, Forum and other SEO best practices.
- Develop content to support SEO strategies to drive traffic to the site and improve website Ranking.
- Understanding of Web publishing requirements.
- Experience in creating content for the web and growing a social audience.
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences.
- Expertise in social media platforms.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to develop compelling content plans.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to details.
- Basic Knowledge of technical terminologies.
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and spoken.
and analyzing complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of this Role
• Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational
• Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate
complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging
• Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience,
turning insights into language that sets our users up for success
• Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference
materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
• Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working
closely with various departments to understand project requirements
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to
develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical
specifications, and process documentation
• Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation
repositories, revise, edit, and determine the best solution for data
compilation and centralized storage.
• Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that
uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data
• Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with
a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
• 2-4 years of industry experience as an influential technical writer
• Knowledge about using the tools and applications required for creating
the content effectively
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
• Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials
for multiple audiences
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for
• Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience:
design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for
technical support content
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye
• Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• Previous software development experience
• Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
• Experience using XML tools to create documentation
Able to develop content in multiple formats and can differentiate among website content, SEO based content and understanding of keyword density, Meta tags, Keywords insertion.
Responsibilities and Duties
Good command over English
Ability to write fresh, unique, high quality and error-free content
Candidates who have written for websites and have exposure to SEO centric content writing would be preferred.
Knowledge of Keywords insertion & placement, sequencing, keyword density, etc preferred
Ability to research the internet and gather reliable data and information to use in content writing.
Our client is an Innovative B2B Saas company which focuses on integrating technology into solving regulatory compliance, privacy, cyber security and financial issues management. Founded in 2009, as a technology service provider, it aimed to specialize in digitalizing and transforming the enterprise systems, data and processes of professional service companies by providing in depth computer system design and related services.
Revenue earned by the client as on 2020 is $13.6 Mn and also has partnered with almost 50% of top 20 companies. They have been showing a significant growth of over 30% in the last few years.Their client base has over 300+ customers and 3 lakhs + users comprising big 4s and major Companies worldwide.
They are located in Chicago, London, Mumbai, Pristina and Philadelphia.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for collaborating with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Developer Support Engineers and more to define documentation projects.
What you will do:
- Mentoring peers within the Documentation team on documentation best practices
- Building company-wide participation in the creation of amazing documentation through training programs, outreach etc
- Writing concise, easy-to-understand documentation that simplifies complex technical concepts into content consumable by all skill levels and roles
- Reviewing and editing documentation drafts contributed by peers or others outside the Documentation team
- Contributing to or leading strategic quarterly documentation initiatives to enhance our process, website and content
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- Proven ability to build a culture of documentation within a company
- Proven understanding of modern software development concepts; the closer your experience level is to being a software developer, the better
- Ability to organize information into an easy-to-understand hierarchy
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, as well as understand why they’re important to our users
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with people in all ranks, teams and disciplines across the company
Writing blogs, articles and press releases by co-ordinating directly with the Technical/SEO team.
2) Writing / Proof-reading corporate website content for US and UK based clients.
3) Preparing documentation, user manual and technical documentation for several IT projects related to Magento,WordPress,WooCommerce,Shopify etc.
4) Preparing Content for Social Media Promotion.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, app descriptions, social media, and the company website.
- Write in “American English” as the audience is a US consumer audience
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the current content.
- Build and manage our social media profiles and presence across channels you deem relevant
- Curate and create interesting, relevant, and trending content people look forward to every day
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Ideate and execute world-class social promotions and campaigns and track their success
- Work alongside other marketers to create content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides, and marketing copy.
Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Plan, coordinate, and execute projects to deliver accurate, effective, and timely information solutions that empower readers and solve business problems.
- Design, write, and edit technical content for a variety of audiences, with an emphasis on usability, effectiveness, maintainability, and reusability.
- Understand and use authoring systems, content management tools, databases, social media (wikis and other collaboration systems,microblogs, etc.), and SEO to develop systems that collect, organize, and publish findable, useful information.
- Employ authoring tools to produce professional documentation from a single source for a variety of media and devices including mobile platforms, online help, electronic publications, and PDF.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Represent the team and the Cytel organization on project assignments and when working with clients.
- Lead efforts to assess, research, analyze, organize, design, develop, and maintain information products, processes, and systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills and ability to plan and execute content delivery projects.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across all parts and levels of the organization including product development, IT, product management,compliance, services, customer support, marketing, training, and senior management.
- Flexibility to change directions and tasks when necessary to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Excellent planning, scheduling, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with content management and single-sourcing authoring platforms.
- Familiarity and comfort with source code mgmt. and document mgmt., and with 'DevOps' concepts and systems.
- Two+ years of experience planning and producing technical documentation for online delivery.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Experience with authoring platforms, Atlassian and Microsoft collaboration tools, and MS Word.
- Proven experience documenting complex healthcare, biostatistics, or clinical trial mgmt. concepts.
- Experience with LaTeX mark-up and related systems, and with MathML and constructing complex equations for print and online presentation.
- Experience with GxP compliance concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of 'industrial-strength' software product development tools and roles, and experience with software development
- methodologies in a large-company environment.
- Knowledge of basic principles and components of user experience (UX) design.
- Exposure to concepts and tools relating to continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Understanding of basic coding concepts, and ability to read and edit CSS3, HTML5, and SQL. Experience with R programming is very desirable.
- College degree in biostatistics, software engineering, computer science, technical communications, journalism, or related field, or equivalent experience is desirable.