A SharePoint administrator delegates tasks to SharePoint developers, provides support and guidance for a company’s SharePoint users, ensures SharePoint functionality, updates the software as necessary, and addresses and resolves any issues with the software performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports Intranet sites built on SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010
• Manages system security, system patching and upgrades
• Deploys custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages
• Configures SharePoint services and settings
• Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture
• Manages site quotas and file size limits
• Reviews and monitoring usage reports
• Manages content databases and creating new ones as required
• Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites
• Manages security for sites and sub-sites
• Manages the site layout structure and content
• Provides SharePoint support to end users
• Provides Microsoft Project support to project leaders
• Demonstrates specific knowledge of the function and makeup of Microsoft SharePoint.
• Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Servers.
• Possesses ability to think creatively to devise customizations and uses for SharePoint.
• Respond to incidents and requests involving Microsoft O365
Mandatory Computer Skills
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in SharePoint 2013 and 2010 as an Administrator
• Experience in SharePoint Services/Portal Server
• Experience with developing SharePoint sites and applications
• Good knowledge of Office 365, Windows Server, Microsoft Networking and Support, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with upgrading and migrating SharePoint, including major version upgrades
Good to have
Skills & Abilities
• Proven analytical skills with information systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of information security and systems administration
• Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security
• Is able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly
• Exhibits knowledge of software development industry
• Is familiar with website layouts and html
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Works well with a team and individually
• Is able to translate technical jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes
• Demonstrates ability to work and conduct research independently
• Manages time efficiently and multi-tasks effectively
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related area
Full time, permanent
Atlas-GALT Software Technologies Private Limited is a Technology Company made up of young, enthusiastic and energetic talent pool and backed by a Management consisting of Technology Evangelists, Business Process specialists and SMEs each with more than 22 years of industry experience. We are committed to customer satisfaction, proactive and timely service support and delivery on par with our promise. Our clients are mainly in the US and we provide Software Development and QA services to them. GALT is a diversified offshore IT solutions company offering world-class application services to help organizations exceed its technological expectations. Our competencies lie in onshore and offshore software development, maintenance and offshore project management services. A subsidiary of Atlas Software Technologies Inc., Chicago, USA, we specialize in SharePoint Development, Application development and QA services.
We are located at HSR Layout Sector 7, Bangalore.