• Popular hosts set up the talent hunts (across genres like comedy, dance, dating & fashion)
• Contestants send in their video entries, and
• Audiences ‘actively consume’ content by playing judge, predicting winners among other
modes of engagement
Expectations from the role:
• Hands-on product building- The engineering lead would need to be hands on with the
product building while mentoring the team
Given that this is pre- PMF, attention to detail and focus on user experience are important
facets of the role.
• Ability to build teams- Ability to build missionary teams would become important as we scale the team to 10 members and beyond.
• Technical leadership- Engineering excellence by building systems that scale well along with the business. Typically comes with experience in having scaled systems in the 1 to 10 phase of another startup/business.
• Strategy- Be a thought partner to the founding team on product strategy while bringing tech innovations to improve the product experience.
• Experience: 6+ years in building consumer tech products (B2C)
• Scale: Should have been part of a scaling journey at another B2C startup/business
• People mentorship: Should have formally or informally led teams of at least 3-4 members
• Startup: Any prior experience in working with or trying to build her/his own startup is a big bonus
Simpl is focused on transforming how the people of India deal with money. Its first product is a payment mode that lets users skip traditional forms of payments entirely. Instead, all the transactions get added into a single bill, payable on the 1st and 16th of every month. This way, the checkout process takes less than a few seconds - making it a win-win for merchants and users alike.
In place of traditional forms of identification and authentication, Simpl integrates deeply into merchant apps via SDKs and APIs. This allows for more sophisticated forms of authentication that take full advantage of smartphone data and processing power.
Simpl was founded in 2015 by Nityanand Sharma and Chaitra Chidanand, and went live in 2016.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team responsible for the implementation and evolution of key parts of this application.
● Manage a team of engineers and coach them to reach their full potential
● Develop engineers in their career path: Set objectives, provide feedback and review
● Ability to manage remote teams is essential.
● Prior experience with remote teams is helpful.
● You will be expected to bring these best practices to the rest of the organization.
● Act as the scrum master
● Ensure that the team builds high quality software by writing unit tests
● Interface with Product and Operation teams to resolve issues
● Be hands on: Write secure, efficient, good quality code
● Conduct peer code reviews
● Have a deep understanding of the techniques and technologies that are necessary for
scalability and performance.
● Experience with data modeling and relational databases
● Deep knowledge in one of the ROR/Golang/NodeJS/Java
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
You will be developing the detailed design structure, implementing the best practices and coding standards, leading a team of developers for successful delivery of the project. You will be working on design, architecture and hands-on coding.
Good years of Experience in Technical development with 6+ years in providing technical leadership for high performance teams.
Work closely with business and product teams to understand the requirements, drive design, architecture and influence the choice of technology to deliver solutions working closely with architects and leadership team.
Build robust, scalable, highly available and reliable systems using Micro Services Architecture based on Java, Spring boot.
Improve Engineering and Operational Excellence by identifying and building the right solutions for observability and manageability.
Keep the tech stack current with the goal to optimize for scale, cost and performance.
Migrate workloads to public cloud.
Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Serve as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related
Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions.
Preferred Qualification : Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
Tech Stack: Lang: Java, DB: RDBMS, Messaging: Kafka/RabbitMQ, Caching: Redis/Aerospike, Micro services, AWS.
Strong experience in scaling, performance tuning & optimization at both API and storage layers.
Hands-on leader, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
Why join us:
Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people. We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
Learn more about the exciting work we do in Tech by reading our Engineering blogs.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
12 -15 yrs. of leading product development & teams in dynamic & ambiguous work
environment with strong programming skills like Objective C, Swift and Java. Leading
continuous improvement teams to re-invent product features for mobile applications in
several domains such as secure instant messaging, secure voice & video communication,
secure e-mail, e-commerce & health science.
Develop strategic plans with regard to the technical development of
applications/software and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all
aspects of technological development.
Oversees the strategic deployment of the departmental resources leading to optimal
resource allocation and the smooth and successful development of applications across
theVirtual, epharmacy and CRM verticals.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute.
- 10+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- 6+ years' experience leading engineering teams (including a combination of experience hiring, mentoring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership and design guidance).
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills.
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data.
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment.
- Provide good attention to details.
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
Manage development of highly scalable ecommerce application and platform
Manage release planning and execution, deployment, DevOPs and production
Provide technology thought leadership
Build and mentor high performance teams
Experience / Skills Required:
B.Tech in Computer Science/MCA with 7+ years of progressive industry experience
3+ years of technical management experience
Must be passionate about building “world class software”
Strong experience in building high performance teams – hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
Strong experience with web and mobile technologies
Strong experience in building highly scalable systems
Strong experience with leveraging OpenSource tools and platforms
Strong experience with RDBMS and NoSQL systems
Prior to being in technical management role – must have had strong development background and
architected scalable server systems
Must have experience with agile planning and delivering short release cycles (bi-weekly releases)
Experience with BigData technologies a great plus
Experience with DevOPs tools and technology a great plus
Experience with AWS cloud a great plus
Experience in building ecommerce or SaaS products a great plus
Experience in software product companies and startups a great plus
Experience with managing user interface design/development a great plus
Experience with LAMP, Python a great plus
Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem
Must be able to thrive in fast paced environment
MoEngage is a fast-paced startup that’s helping companies run smart marketing efforts in their effort to reach the customer. We are a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use MoEngage to drive long-term, personalised and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention as well as customer LTV. Sitting at a conflux of diverse technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Web & Mobile platforms, MoEngage technology analyses billions of data points generated by customers and their devices, to predict customer behavior and build marketing campaigns that proactively engage users.
In just four years since inception, MoEngage is working with leading brands across e-commerce, entertainment, travel, publishing and banking domains among others. With marquee clients like Vodafone, Oyo, Airtel, McAfee, MoEngage has over 125+ paying Customers in the Enterprise & Internet companies space in India, US, South East Asia & EU. With a global presence spanning 35 countries, MoEngage has offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Jakarta, and Bengaluru.
Today, MoEngage is an industry pioneer in the space and engages more than 350M devices. This includes approximately 40B events tracked per month, 30B+ messages sent, to millions of users across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build - no micro management
- Work with A players (some of the best talent in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth
- Make in India and build for the world at scale of 350M active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Explore the latest in topics like Data Pipeline, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Samza and share with the team
and more importantly have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
About InApps team
In-app team is responsible for effectively delivering the contextual information to help companies cross-sell/up-sell on specific workflows triggered on desired actions performed by application users. As a member of in-app team, you will be working on developing high performance systems to deliver the contextual campaigns in real time. In addition to real time campaign delivery, you will work on designing a flexible platform to provide customised experience for application users using web personalization, which allows companies to present unique and personalized experiences on their applications.
- Scaling campaign delivery with personalized content to 500M unique users within 1 sec.
- Rich campaign content delivery keeping user experience native to mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven experience with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Hands on in Java OR Python related technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA and other teams
- Performance management, Sprint management, Roadmap, Hiring, Onboarding, Mentoring, Costing, Documenting
At MoEngage, we are passionate about our team and technology - see below to know more about us and technology.
We handle more than a billion messages everyday. Rest assured, you will be surrounded by really smart and passionate people as we scale much more to build a world class technology team.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Platform stability and smooth functioning on a day to day basis.
- Proposing and managing budgets for projects and for growth.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams (build, test, infrastructure).
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Identifying potential roadblocks and building contingency plans.
- Quickly dealing with bugs and breaks in the operational environment.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Team building.
- Product launch with management buyin.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's / Masters degree in CS or related.
- 8 t0 12 years' engineering experience.
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Capable of working in an unsupervised agile environment.
- Must come highly-recommended.