Founded by Google, Stanford, and Columbia alumni, Loonycorn is a leading studio for e-learning content on machine learning, cloud computing, blockchain, and other emerging technologies.
About the Role:
We are looking for folks to build software projects which will be part of technical content similar to what you'd find at the links below:
- learning a new technology from scratch
- coding real-world projects which use that technology (you will be a software engineer writing code, not making slides or talking about code)
What is important to us:
- Grit - Perseverance in working on hard problems. Technical video-making is difficult and detail-oriented (that's why it is a highly profitable business)
- Craftsmanship - Our video-making is quite artisanal - lots of hard work and small details. There are many excellent roles where doing smart 80-20 trade-offs is the way to succeed - this is not one of them.
- Clarity - Talking and thinking in direct, clear ways is super-important in what we do. Folks who use a lot of jargon or cliches, or work on writing code without understanding what goes on underneath will not be a fit
- Creativity - Analogies, technical metaphors, and other artistic elements are an important part of what we do.
What is not all that important to us:
- Your school or labels: Perfectly fine whatever college or company you are applying from
- English vocabulary or pronunciation: You don't need to 'talk well' or be flashy to build good projects