11+ years of industry experience in a technical role with hands-on coding experience.
Must be an expert in Java programming. Additionally, Grails & Groovy's programming knowledge
is good to have.
Good at SQL and RDBMS.
Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithmic processes for optimizing size/speed.
Good at designing multi-layered cloud solutions.
Proven capabilities in designing and implementing highly scalable performant distributed
Proficiency in Build, Test and Automation tools preferred (Jenkins, Ansible, GitLab etc).
Design and implement platform solutions that help build high-performance distributed systems.
Have a big focus and sizing, tuning and scalability of software components.
Design and communicate requirements related to project planning, architecture, design, implementation, sizing, tuning and scalability.
Lead engineering activities to make sure that consistent high-quality products are developed.
Proactively diagnose problems and envisage the long-term life of the product focusing on reusable, extensible components.
Ensure agile delivery processes.
Communicate and facilitate solutions, support, product management and business teams with required product knowledge.
Build best practices in the engineering team.
Lead the software development team, providing guidance and oversight throughout the development process
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and ensure that they meet regulatory requirements and industry standards
Manage the software development lifecycle, including planning, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
Ensure that software development processes are efficient, effective, and scalable
Work with external partners, contractors, and vendors to ensure timely delivery of software components
Develop and maintain a culture of innovation, quality, and continuous improvement within the software development team
Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation and improve product development processes
Provide technical leadership and expertise to other teams within the organization
Represent the software development team in cross-functional meetings and communicate updates to stakeholders
Hire and groom, mentor the right talent.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
At least 10 years of experience in software development, with a focus on medical devices or other regulated industries
Experience leading software development teams and managing the software development lifecycle
Strong technical skills in software development, including experience with software development tools and programming languages
Experience working with regulatory requirements, such as FDA regulations and ISO standards
Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve their goals
Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Job Location: Chennai, Bangalore
The Engineering Org is looking for a proficient Engineering Manager to join a team that is building exciting
and futuristic Data Products at Condé Nast to enable both internal and external marketers to target
audiences in real time. As an Engineering Manager, you will drive the day-to-day execution of technical
and architectural decisions. EM will own engineering deliverables inclusive of solving dependencies
such as architecture, solutions, sequencing, and working with other engineering delivery teams.This role
is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping, and recommending solutions. Above all, you will
influence how users interact with Conde Nast’s industry-leading journalism.
● Primary Responsibilities
● Manage a high performing team of Software and Data Engineers within the Data & ML
Engineering team part of Engineering Data Organization.
● Provide leadership and guidance to the team in Data Discovery, Data Ingestion, Transformation
● Utilizing product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic data products after successful
prototyping and drive their engineering implementation
● Provide technical coaching and lead direct reports and other members of adjacent support teams
to the highest level of performance..
● Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance.
● Meeting hiring and retention targets of the team & building a high-performance culture
● Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
● Collaborate with Architects, Product Manager, Project Manager and other teams to deliver high
● Identify recurring system and application issues and enable engineers to work with release teams,
infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving
● Required Skills
● 4+ years of managing Software Development teams, preferably in ML and Data
● 4+ years of Agile Software development practices
● 12+ years of Software Development experience.
● Excellent Problem Solving and System Design skill
● Hands on: Writing and Reviewing code primarily in Spark, Python and/or Java
● Hand on: Architect & Design end to end Data Pipeline (noSQL databases, Job Schedulers, Big
Data Development preferably on Databricks / Cloud)
● Experience with SOA & Microservice architecture
● Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD,
Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
● Working Knowledge of cloud and devops skills (AWS will be preferred)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in evaluating team member performance and offering career development
● Experience in providing technical coaching to direct reports.
● Experience in architecting highly scalable products.
● Experience in collaborating with global stakeholder teams.
● Experience in working on highly available production systems.
● Strong knowledge of software release process and release pipeline.
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move to
invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely dedicated to
data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive engagement, fuel
process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market revenue. The Data team
aimed to create a company culture where data was the common language and facilitate an
environment where insights shared in real-time could improve performance.
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team at
Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and boost
online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data
Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client Services) along with Data
Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products to create data-driven solutions
for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse forms of
self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the extraordinary. We
are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé Nast, and It Starts Here.
- Strong knowledge on Devsecops (hands on).
- Should have built B2C applications for average 2 billion transactions per annum.
- Built applications with multi tenancy, multi lingual and global deployment.
- 15+ years of experience of building successful production-quality software, with relevant experience from payment gateway for 5yrs.
- Expertise in large-scale multi-tiered systems.
- Expertise in Core Java and JEE, object-oriented design, analysis and design patterns
- Good exposure to JSON based REST services in Java.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL, Cache, Linux based systems
- Focus on clean high-quality code and solid designs.
- Hands on experience in HLD & LLD.
- Strong hands on knowledge on Devsecops.
- Should have built B2C applications for average 2 billion transactions per annum.
- Built applications with multi tenancy, multi lingual and global deployment.
- Any prior payment industry experience is highly preferable
The candidate is expected to be very strong in coding and technical design/architecture and should be able to architect newer modules into the platform independently.
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA / 1. ENGINEERING – LEADERSHIP / FULL TIME
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribuon (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercializaon teams together into one global organizaon. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribuon, network and engineering operaons, sales, adversing, data, and certain key technology funcons worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operaons of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domesc broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video plaorm in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop desnaon for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
In this role, you will build large distributed systems to process and stream video at scale and drive all user aspects. As a VP for the team, you will develop plaorms and tools that deliver personalized recommendaons to 500+ million users. You will work on building storage soluons and microservices that serve recommendaons at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
will develop tools that serve recommendaons to our users in real-me. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesng problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilies
Responsible for the overall soware development life cycle.
Management and execuon against project plans and delivery commitments
Manage the day-to-day acvies of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
Contribute substanally to innovaon and overcome technology limitaons to deliver on customer experience.
Report on the status of development, quality, operaons, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
14+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interacve consumer applicaons
Proficient with either Java or GoLang
7+ years of experience in soware development with strong experse in Java with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reacve programming
At least 5 years managing soware development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB) Experience/Knowledge of Nelix OSS.
Experience in server-side services using ElascSearch, Kaa Experience with AWS stack.
Experience with CI/CD processes.
A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-funconal, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
Excellent wrien and verbal communicaon skills with the ability to present complex technical informaon clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
- Self-Awareness - Ownership
- Bias for Acon
- Radical Candour - Inclusivity
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility. - No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A cket on our rocket ship to the moon.
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideraon for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, naonal origin, gender identy,
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characterisc protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to desnaon for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revoluonize internet entertainment through smart personalizaon, and by building a global video plaorm that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
A Solutions Architect is responsible for validating the logical models, ensuring standards, driving consolidation of redundant data, and enforcing the strategic vision through data models. The Architect role has an in-depth understanding of both our business capabilities and how it aligns to our enterprise data models. Partners with Enterprise Architecture to consult on and develop domain models. Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services. consults with business leadership on the design of systems and projects. May consult with leadership on emerging technologies.
To be successful as a solution architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture. An outstanding solution architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
E2E accountability of solution design across multiple products, integrations and technologies that deliver successful business outcomes which meet reliability, availability, serviceability needs.
Experience working with the latest emerging tehnolgies and Programming Languages like - Java, .Net, MERN Stack, MEAN Stack, Angular, React, VueJS, NodeJS, Block Chain, GoLang, ML, Data Science related areas, etc
Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
Resolving technical problems as they arise.
Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments
Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources, and scope
We are looking for a bright and exceptional Engineering Lead to join one of our Fortune 500 clients in the Fintech industry for the locations - Bangalore / Gurgaon / Hyderabad based Technology team. The role involves building complex next generation product used by the clients and architecting solutions to support new technical and business initiatives.
- Active participation in design, development, delivery, and maintenance of software projects/products.
- Help the team translate the business requirements into R& D tasks.
- Work with product groups to outline project deliverables and help manage the roadmap of the R& D tasks.
- Act as a point of contact for managing and driving production defects & stability improvements to resolution.
- Tailor processes to help manage time-sensitive issues and bring them to appropriate closure.
- Engage and lead a team of highly talented technologists.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 6-9 years of experience, Fintech domain is a plus.
- Demonstrated contribution to end-to-end delivery of enterprise-grade software.
- Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA.
- Hands-on experience in enterprise application development, coupled with knowledge of frameworks & tools like/equivalent to spring, mybatis, git, gradle
- Experience in at least one shell scripting language, SQL, and data modeling skills.
- Experience in cloud technologies is a plus.
- Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge and architecture intelligence.
- Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams.
- Ability to advocate & influence multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to learn new domains and deliver output.
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving and analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Excellent reasoning ability and good interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role as it involves interaction with business users.
● Must have knowledge of batch process manufacturing expertise in all the following project
● Continuous and batch control strategies
● Essential Skills Required: Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP),HACCP
Thorough knowledge of various manufacturing processes and leverage this to implement
processes in line with Saroj Agro Industries product line.
Well conversant with FSSAI, W&M and PCRO requirements.
Well conversant with implementing quality systems at contract manufacturing / 3P
Well developed competencies in laboratory testing of food products.
To develop products which compare well with the selected national brands.
To deliver the process costs & margins in the company decided framework.
Quality & legal compliance.
Category analysis & trending - Experience of new food product development, awareness of
formulation of food development, testing method for eg preservative testing, fragrance
Utilize Formulation understanding and troubleshooting skills in the Foods
FDA regulated sector.
Able to design batch architecture for complex recipe control across multiple
Lead or work on a project team responsible for the design, configuration and testing of
continuous and batch control strategies.
Monitor and control assigned work scope against the project plan.
Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP Principles, ISO 9000, and
applicable food codes for food service operations.
Must have knowledge of batch process manufacturing expertise in all the following project
phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system
integration, testing and on-site startup.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
We’re transforming the way in which Indians Eat Meat!
Meatigo is the leader in the online gourmet meat and delicatessen grocery space and we are proud to be one of the most innovative companies in the food retail space. Since 2016, we’ve worked towards transforming the way Indians eat meat by offering fresher, safer, responsibly sourced, sustainable and more nutritious meat products.
Backed by a team of people, with over 35 years of experience in meat processing & meat products, Meatigo boasts of an unrivalled expertise in cold-chain management, sourcing, manpower training and quality control. We follow an end-to-end business based on the hub and spoke model that starts from procuring the fresh produce to processing, storage and delivery. We currently deliver orders within 120 minutes across 8 Cities (and counting!)
For more details, do check out www.meatigo.com
About The Role
At Meatigo, we're redefining the future of on-demand meat delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented programmers and developers to enable us to achieve our vision of connecting customers to better meat from Meatigo.
We are looking for a leader to launch and grow our Meatigo Tech Team.
You will be responsible for building the next version of the Meatigo Consumer Website, Consumer App, Internal Apps as well as integration into other platforms. As we gear up for the next level of growth at Meatigo, you'll lead star engineers, designers, and operators in a fastgrowing dynamic environment. This role will be based out of Gurgaon, but you will speak with customers, stakeholders and teams all across India to understand their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-functional collaboration, and well-honed product judgement.
Job Description: (Junior TL Lead)
This role is for a person to lead a team which forms a part of the development project for an ecommerce application. The person should have a total work experience of 6-8years in the IT industry.
∙ Bachelor's / Master's Degree in the Computer Engg/Computer Science from reputed engineering college.
Project Management experience:
∙ Has lead a team of upto 3 developers or more over 2 full cycle development projects.
-Used Project Management tool Jira or Slack.
∙ Knowledge of testing and Software quality.
∙ Some experience on container set up and cloud deployments.
∙ A leader who inspires confidence and works as a team player.
∙ Hungry for learning.
Technology Skills and Experience
∙ Knowledge and use of CentOS and Tomcat.
∙ Knowledge and use of React.Js, Node.JS
∙ Knowledge and use of Bash, server side scripting
∙ Knowledge and use of Java Springboot
∙ Hands-on high level and detailed design knowledge and experience. ∙ Hands on development in Java using Java SDK
∙ Experience with a UI framework like Bootstrap/Material design etc. ∙ Experienced in developing componentized UIs.
∙ Working knowledge of HTML5/java script/CSS/Typescript is must. ∙ Working experience of NodeJs
∙ Developed web services APIs and consumption [REST/SOAP]. ∙ Good knowledge of the use of MVC/MVVM patterns
∙ Working with Caching layers like Redis.
∙ Knowledge and use of ERMs/ORMs preferable.
∙ TDD & BDD, the use of tools like Karma/Mocha/Jasmine is required. ∙ Application performance and scalability enhancement.
∙ Knowledge of loosely coupled design.
∙ Security aspects in design and development of applications.
∙ At least 5 years’ experience with RDMS like MySQL Database, table design, normalization, and database performance.
∙ Hands on knowledge of AWS cloud based development, deployment and support preferable.
∙ Hands on experience of using Docker containers on the AWS platform. Knowledge of Kubernetes preferable.
∙ Hands on experience in Server Management and AWS instances preferable.
Tools Knowledge and Skills
∙ Used Gitlab
∙ Used Selenium or UFT/Silk or other testing tool.
∙ Used Jira, Slack or Trello
∙ Used Nagios (optional)
∙ INR 10-20 Lakhs inclusive of all allowances.
∙ Gurgaon, Haryana
∙ Preferably by 15 June 2021 but latest by 01 July 2021