About Surya Software Systems
• Proficiency in Java,
• MYSQL database (past experience on ETL, Kafka, Spring Boot, Java J2EE,
and implementation work will be great).
- You love to code!
- You have used Golang for at least three months.
- You use Linux or MacOS as your primary desktop and development environment.
- You are proficient with git (version control system).
- You are proficient with any modern IDE (e.g. VSCode / IntelliJ IDEA).
Nice to Haves
- Experience with No-SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience creating and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience creating and consuming GraphQL services.
- Experience with Protocol Buffers.
- Experience using AWS and/or Google cloud services and APIs.
- Experience setting up a cloud server from scratch (e.g. EC2/Linode/Digital Ocean).
- Experience with popular relational databases (e.g. MySQL).
- Experience with message queues (e.g. Amazon SQS / RabbitMQ).
- Experience with Rust or Python.
- Understanding of HTTP and other internet protocols.
- Discuss requirements with team lead.
- Come up with estimates for the work which is well understood.
- Identify research tasks where the implementation approach is not well understood.
- Translate design documents into working code with good unit test coverage.
- Update team lead with progress and plan for the next day on a daily basis.
- Use automation and tools to simplify development workflows.
- Keep up-to-date with modern software engineering best practices.
Senior Software Engineer
3-6 yrs | Bangalore Office
● Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
● Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex challenges in large-scale computing
● Own, build and operate external customer facing systems that demand stringent service-level agreements.
● Continuously learning about new technologies.
● Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
● 3-6+yrs of relevant work experience.
● Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline
● Experience in software development building successful production software systems.
● Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms,
complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
● Experience in building microservices based systems with distributed architecture.
● Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as PHP, Java,
GoLang, Python, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
● Experience in RDBMS and NOSQL databases with writing SQL queries
(StoredProcedure, Joins, group by, aggregate functions, etc.).
● Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership
• 6+ years of experience in building web applications using ASP.net, web API, SQL Server, and Testable code.
• C# with Strong in OOPS,
• Hands on experience in React JS or Node JS,
•Experience of architecting and designing web applications and services
• Must have at least 1+ year experience using React or Node JS.
• Passion for building and delivering great software with a strong sense of ownership, while working closely with junior team members.
• Conceptual knowledge of middleware architecture.
• Strong experience with Agile processes.
• Exposure to tools to optimize web application performance-MH
• Understanding and experience of working with Product Management, Design and DevOps teams
• Experience in building applications on .NET Core, is a great plus
• Experience working with CRM Products
- Designing scalable systems for high load.
- Defining and improving the development processes which includes implementation and Quality Assurance as well
- Architecting complex scalable systems with a keen eye towards performance, security and availability while also taking on a super hands-on role towards implementation
- Spearheading all inbound and outbound API integrations to build the most robust and scalable integration platform in the B2B Retail space.
- Working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment.
- Using open source as much as possible, and blogging about cool things that you learnt and built.
What you need to have:
- B.Tech /B.E.; Any Graduation
- Strong relational DB experience preferred
- Must be very much in touch with backend coding and want to do it everyday
- Our stack is primarily built around Node (Loopback), Mongo and ElasticSearch.
- Deep familiarity with Git and basic working knowledge of DevOps (Server and DB config, Docker, Kubernetes etc) is strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of NodeJS, PHP, MongoDB and MySQL.
- The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, serverless architectures and complex problem solving skills.
- You will help set a very high bar on code quality.
- We have started the transition towards micro services, one of your core responsibilities is ensure micro services are used wherever it makes sense
Work as a member of a team responsible for developing a large-scale, highly available and fault-tolerant SaaS based Leasing & Asset management solution in the commercial real estate space in accordance with established processes. You will apply your knowledge of building scalable, distributed applications and have the opportunity to work with technologies & frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, ReactJS, Heroku, AWS, Postgres DB
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following.
You will be expected to:
- Contribute to all phases in the software lifecycle – requirements analysis, solution design, development, and deployment
- Maintain high quality standards for the work undertaken and be responsible for the quality of deliverables.
- Ensure assigned projects are developed in accordance with established engineering processes, adhering to scope, schedule constraints and agile project plans
- Guide/mentor the less experienced team members
- Participate in code reviews
- Work effectively as part of a distributed team
- Document the features worked by him/her
Key technical expertise areas expected for this role:
- Strong programming skills in Ruby with clear understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails framework
- Experience on REST API Programming preferably based on a Microservices Architecture
- Good Understanding of Databases (Postgres) and proficiency in database schema designing & writing efficient SQL Queries.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn new programming languages and frameworks quickly
- Experience with distributed systems with specific focus on security and scalability
- Experience with modern cloud technologies such as AWS
Additional areas that would add value:
- Experience working with Cloud Service providers & platforms like AWS, Heroku
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns & their application in system design
- Test Driven & Behavior Driven Development
- Automated Unit/Integration testing
- Using DevOps & Infrastructure tooling such as GoCD/Jenkins, Git
- Experience working on projects, preferably in the real estate domain
- Experience working with Virtualization and Containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Experience working with Linux and Shell scripting
- Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science or related fields