Proximity is a fully distributed team of developers, designers, product nerds, and geeks building cutting-edge tech at the intersection of growth and speed.
We are looking for a Senior UI & UX Designer capable of handling product design projects at a high level. You will work closely with both client and in-house product/design/dev teams on mid-to-long term projects. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with all aspects of UI & UX design, have excellent product thinking and problem-solving abilities, good written and verbal communication skills, and a keen aesthetic sense.
You will be responsible for —
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the projects you're assigned to.
- Producing high-quality design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Creating a distinctive UI language based on visual identity guidelines of the brands you're working with.
- Creating design systems for mobile and web products, along with visual design systems in the form of illustrated/photography-based graphics.
- Testing and evaluating designs and flows using various testing tools.
- Looking at user data and identifying issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborating with the development team to ensure proper implementation of your designs.
You have —
- A portfolio of professional UI and UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- A thorough understanding of all stages of UI and UX design, with the ability to execute a project from start to finish.
- A basic understanding of various data and analytics tools like Google Analytics, MixPanel, Maze etc.
- Mastery over Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and some familiarity with basic motion graphics (After Effects).
- A good understanding of web and mobile technologies. You know how HTML, CSS, JS, iOS, and Android systems work, even if you can't code.
- The ability to be a team player, but you're comfortable working independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks strategically.
- The ability to learn and pick up new software, plugins, or technologies easily and quickly.
- A keen eye for design standards and quality.
- A strong work ethic, high levels of self-motivation, and a willingness to over-communicate about work in order to make a remote environment more productive.
- The ability to work and collaborate remotely.
Bonus points if you have —
- Illustration/art skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Animation/advanced motion graphics skills
- UX Writing or general writing skills
- Brand design skills
- Experience using any other tools like Webflow, Airtable, Zapier, Mailchimp, etc.
What you get —
- 100% Remote: Work from anywhere you please, as long as you have access to fast internet and a comfortable, distraction-free workspace.
- Flexible Timings: Set your own hours, and create a productive schedule that works for you.
- Best in class salary: We hire only the best, and we pay accordingly.
- Proximity Talks: Meet other designers, engineers, and product geeks — and learn from experts in the field.
- Keep learning with a world-class team: Work with the best in the field, challenge yourself constantly, and learn something new every day.
About Proximity Labs
What will I be doing?
As the UX Lead, focused on our Core Experience area, you will define a cohesive strategy and deliver cross-team, multi-phase projects from concept through implementation.
You need to lead an existing team that will be focused on creating a simple, easy-to-use, and best-in-class experience for our users. You'll lead a team of 4-5 product designers not only by means of their product work, and you'll also be a coach and foster their career development
You'll work cohesively with the leadership and engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the product’s present UX pitfalls, optimization, and growth opportunity or the impact of a user problem and then help tune the project scope accordingly with the product partners
- Understand frequency of usage and the relative importance of a feature/experience, and how it fits into the complete product
- Rationally narrow down to a design recommendation with a strong focus on short-term and long-term implications of the choice Independently deliver high-quality visual design work and support the production with the engineering partners
- Write relevant front end code (HTML, CSS)
What Skill do I need?
- We emphasize proof of work more than your credentials. Lead and support key design projects
- Relevant work experience of 5+years (preferably in a start-up space)
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX/Product design teams to deliver high-quality projects at scale
- Proficient in Sketch, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Has experience working in AGILE methodology
- Knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web
Must Knowledge of Adobe XD.
Experience: 3-5 Years Experience
Our client is more than 2 decades old NBFC registered with the RBI. The company was set up with an aim to empower rural entrepreneurs, SMEs, and small institutions by micro-financing. The company has come a long way since its inception in 1992 and has evolved with time with the introduction of its App in the small loans sector. At present, the company has more than 5000 employees and has serviced millions of borrowers to accomplish their dreams.
The group has diversified into the education segment and is running two schools. The schools are part of one of the largest private school chains in India. The schools have a flourishing family of 350 teachers and 6500 students. The leadership team at the helm of the company has demonstrable experience in financial services and has built the company by upholding the trust of its customers.
What you will do:
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites and apps function and look like
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, tables, etc)
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Adhering to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Creating attention-grabbing designs aimed at multiple target audiences B2C
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Character making and image solving capabilities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Knowledge of UI/UX of responsive websites
- Portfolio of design projects
Senior UX Designer
We are looking for an experienced UX designer to join our team, a UX-UI expert with a passion for product design & brand design. Prior experience with Sports, Betting or Fantasy Sports domain would be preferable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups to illustrate concepts to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
Leading end-to-end design of new products and supporting the continuous improvement efforts of existing products.
Define end-to-end features and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
Drive the design process by independently defining design requirements, scoping UX projects, and prioritizing tasks.
Ability to create an entire design flow: user research, wireframes and prototypes, design implementation, usability testing.
A strong connection to the design community. One who is kept up to date and is constantly seeking new information, new research and creative tools
Strong and proven Portfolio
Full control on Sketch, Figma.
Good exposure to User Research, Interaction design, Visual Design
Ability to think at a high level and articulate rationale for adopted design direction and continuously advocate for the end-user
Excellent communication skills
4 to 8 Years
Indore or Work from home (permanently)
- Ensuring that the design is continuously optimised so as to deliver the best user experience
- Looking at the existing designs of the apps and coming up with suggestions which can offer better user experience during all stages of the user journey starting from downloading the app
- Creating the user flow and the appropriate app screens based on the suggestions
- Working closely with our product and technology team to understand the new features and functionalities being proposed into the apps.
- Taking up the designing of the flow and the screens ensuring a smooth transition of existing users and an easy & engaging experience for the new users
- Looking at the user analytics data of the apps and understand how users are using and navigating through the app and continuously keep optimising the designs to ensure high user engagement and satisfaction
- Keeping an eye on the industry, doing the market search and recommending changes to the app design in keeping with the trends
- For any new design being introduced or existing one being changed or optimised, conducting a usability testing with the internal teams or externally if required and based on data and insights, creating the final designs
- Working with marketing and sales team to gather feedback or inputs being received from the app users.
- Driving insights out of feedback and then suggesting and implementing design improvement
- Aside from the frontend of the app, working on the app’s backend and bringing huge amount of complex user data to life through an easy to use & comprehending dashboard
What you need to have:
- Understanding user requirements for UI/UX
- 2 to 5 years of experience of designing mobile apps which have demonstrated user growth and excellent user experience
- Graduation from a reputed college
- A user centric mindset and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to coordinate within teams
- Understanding of business metrics and ability to translate company’s objectives into design experiences for the users
- Ready to commit for long term and be a part of the app’s growth
- Undistracted mind, an aspiration for continued learning and holistic growth in life, humility to learn and self confidence to learn and do anything
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce a final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Care to sharpen your skillset and use the same to impact millions of people living in our cities? Aspiring for an entry into the vibrant startup world of Bangalore?
Here is one chance: Designer @ Woolly Farms
- Design a pamphlet
- Idea - Woolly Farm is near by , come and get your produce - Should include the specialties of Woolly
- An Email template
- Greeting new subscribers
- A social media design promoting Oyster mushroom
· Requires 4+ years of cumulative industry experience in various UX Design disciplines with
Wireframing & UX prototypes.
· Degree in design is a nice to have (UX, Visual, Graphic and/or Interaction)
· Strong portfolio that demonstrates systems thinking and core skills across a variety of categories
· Fluency with common design software for the creation of wireframes, design mocks and
prototypes including (Sketch, InVision and Zeppelin a plus)
· Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi
· Strong communicator and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Design experience for mobile and touch devices a plus. Design experience for ecommerce
platforms is a plus.
· A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from multi-disciplinary
· Flexibility to work across time zones with US based teams and stakeholders
Ability to work closely with engineering teams for product and marketing launches.