Software Development Engineer
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge. You build software to deliver business impact, making smart technology choices. You work in a team and drive things forward.
- You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++ or C#
- You recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You have experience building scalable software systems that are high-performance, highly-available, highly transactional, low latency and massively distributed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions and build flexible systems that balance engineering complexity and timely delivery, creating business impact.
- You understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and apply them to deliver high-performing applications.
- You recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems.
- You understand how operating systems work, perform and scale.
- You continually align your work with Amazon’s business objectives and seek to deliver business value.
- You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer.
- You proactively support knowledge-sharing and build good working relationships within the team and with others in Amazon.
- You communicate clearly with your team and with other groups and listen effectively.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant technical field.
- Experience in software development and full product life-cycle.
- Excellent programming skills in any object oriented programming languages - preferably Java, C/C++/C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Proficiency in SQL and data modeling.
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched http://www.amazon.in">www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In just over a year of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 18 million products across 36 departments and 100s of categories! Our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions. Join us so you can - Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History.
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Amazon India
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing Node.js applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Proficient in Git and familiarity with continuous integration.
- A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are seeking an experienced Java Backend Developer with a strong background in Java/Kotlin programming, integration, and AWS exposure.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing our backend systems to meet our Virtual assistant needs. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work collaboratively with a team, and be passionate about building high-quality and scalable systems.
- Design and develop scalable, reliable, and efficient backend systems using Java/Kotlin programming languages
- Implement integrations with third-party systems and services.
- Develop RESTful APIs for web and mobile applications.
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot production issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Deploy and manage applications on AWS cloud services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3 to 6 years of experience in backend development with a strong focus on Java/Kotlin programming languages
- Experience with integration of third-party systems and services
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API design and development
- Experience with AWS cloud services, such as EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Exposure in GrapgQL is an added advantage
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of version control tools such as Git or SVN
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Technical skills required:
Skills: Java 8 and above, Rest Web services, MySQL.
Strong background in Core Java and good knowledge of collection Framework.
Proficient in developing high-performance, less memory-intensive micro-services applications using the Java framework.
Should have deep knowledge of Micro-service development.
be further responsible for designing and implementing product requirements that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable.
The Treez enterprise-grade, business management platform serves the vertical cannabis market from producers to brands to retailers with our Point of Sale, Integrated Payments, Branding, Grow, and Data Insights
software solutions. Treez is helping businesses deliver personalized and efficient experiences to their customers. The Treez enterprise business management solution is delivered through a Software-as-a-Service
(SaaS) model on a modern, scalable cloud infrastructure.
To learn more, visit Treez at: https://treez.io/
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire a senior backend engineer. This is a role with significant responsibility for ensuring the successful delivery of our core fintech product suite. You will be working with other
backend engineers and system design architects on the team to launch and successfully ship our new fintech suite of products.
This role involves working closely with internal and external stakeholders and creating processes around overall product success.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Reviewing and analyzing business requirements and providing technical feasibility and estimates.
● Practicing standard development processes leveraging agile methodologies such as SCRUM and
● Maintain high standards of quality for code, documentation, and other deliverables.
● Ensure business needs with automated tests.
● Checking code from other developers and mentoring junior team members.
To achieve the above, here’s what you’ll need to do:
● At least 7+ years of experience in software development with a track record of shipping large,
cross-functional projects in high-performance and scalable environments.
● 4+ years of experience developing in Python and its associated technology stacks.
● Working knowledge of SQL databases and other NoSQL solutions.
● Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service-oriented architecture, domain-driven design, multithreading, concurrency, caching, and distributed systems.
● Deep understanding of multi-process (define, design, and create) cloud architecture projects and the threading limitations of Python.
● Solid understanding of the complete software development life cycle, including the post-production deployment phase.
● Extensive experience in Agile/Scrum teams and CI/CD applications built with microservices and event-based architectures.
● Experience in adopting test-driven development.
You’re right for this role if you have:
● BE/B.Tech/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
● Experience working with Typescript and React is a huge plus.
● Prior experience building a product from ideation to launch.
● Deep understanding of, and passion for, fintech for an underserved industry.
● Strong problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in OOP/functional coding.
● Opportunity to work & learn with an International team
● Health Insurance
● 5 days working
● Performance Bonuses
● Competitive Salary package
● Wonderful work culture focusing on providing work-life balance
● In-house professional development
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to combine business understanding, and product management expertise. We believe that no other position in a Series C startup typically offers
this much flexibility and potential for growth. This role is based in Bangalore, India. The role involves coming into the office in Koramangala, Bangalore 3 times a week in the initial 2 quarters and can then transition to less in-office time, depending on the individual.
Treez is an equal-opportunity employer. We thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.
Hiring PHP Developer
Should have proven work experience of 1-2 years as a PHP - Laravel based development in a competitive environment
Proficient in developing applications based on Laravel 5 or greater
Proficient in handling MySQL database. (Experience in PostgreSQL is a plus)
Experience in other PHP Frameworks like Yii, Zend , Cake PHP, CodeIgniter are added advantage
Experience in SOAP, REST and web services