Software Development Engineer
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge. You build software to deliver business impact, making smart technology choices. You work in a team and drive things forward.
- You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++ or C#
- You recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You have experience building scalable software systems that are high-performance, highly-available, highly transactional, low latency and massively distributed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions and build flexible systems that balance engineering complexity and timely delivery, creating business impact.
- You understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and apply them to deliver high-performing applications.
- You recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems.
- You understand how operating systems work, perform and scale.
- You continually align your work with Amazon’s business objectives and seek to deliver business value.
- You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer.
- You proactively support knowledge-sharing and build good working relationships within the team and with others in Amazon.
- You communicate clearly with your team and with other groups and listen effectively.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant technical field.
- Experience in software development and full product life-cycle.
- Excellent programming skills in any object oriented programming languages - preferably Java, C/C++/C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Proficiency in SQL and data modeling.
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In just over a year of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 18 million products across 36 departments and 100s of categories! Our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions. Join us so you can - Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History.
About Amazon India
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
We are looking for a NodeJS Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of multiple web apps. Your primary focus will be the development of webservices, backend and their development & integration with frontend services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, creating quality products, and attention to detail on writing code is essential.
Your job role can also include client projects where your day-to-day tasks will be managed by our clients. In such cases, your commitment to time and ethics overall is of utmost importance.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable NodeJS code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
Strong knowledge of NodeJS is mandatory.
Knowledge of ReactJS is big bonus
Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
Strong knowledge of coding conventions, patterns, and best practices.
Knowledge of the open-source Laravel/Django ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks will be a plus point
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Familiarity with continuous integration.
Knowledge of mobile or other technologies, an added advantage.
Card91 is simplifying business payments by providing a plug and play issuance infrastructure
to businesses for domestic and cross-border payments. Our full stack platform enables
businesses to gain control and visibility into their payment flows, controlling the entire payment
lifecycle from onboarding, to issuance, to transaction and data reconciliation. The platform
aims to provide holistic solutions around payment issuance and distribution management. Our
deep focus in payments will help us in bringing new issuance formats as well as technologies
The company has been founded by seasoned technology entrepreneurs who have founded
successful companies like Myntra, Mastiff Technologies earlier. Headquartered in Bangalore,
with presence in Mumbai and NCR, Card91 aims to disrupt the payment infrastructure space
in the issuer-processor segment.
Position: Python Developer
We are building our core team which will be responsible for a highly scalable, always available
microservices based backend for payment processing. The developer will be involved with the
design, implementation, and execution from day one and build a robust, secure, and scalable
payment processing engine.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Individual Contributors talking full ownership of the micro services
● Design and Implement the micro services from scratch
● Be creative and always try to evaluate new strategies to execute faster
● Team player and always eager to teach new team members about the code,
● structure and design
● Not afraid of bringing new designs (even languages) which will make the system
Experience and Qualifications
● Having 2 - 5 years of experience
● Degree from a premier institute like IIT/NIT/BITS is desirable
● A strong expertise in Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
● Experience in creating APIs with design standards, patterns and best-practices
● Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
● GoLang experience is a big plus
● Experience building web services in REST
● knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation
● Experience in developing highly scalable and reliable web applications, including
integration with internal and external systems.
● Experience in databases like MySQL and NoSQL db like Cassandra, etc.
● Experience with Cloud computing AWS & Microservices architecture
● Exposure to front end technologies like VueJS, ReactJS etc is an advantage
● Docker & Kubernetes experience is a big plus
● Previous experience of Fintech company is an added advantage
What’s on offer
● Vibrant, fun and rewarding culture that nurtures and promotes excellence
● Opportunities to learn and interact with payment industry leaders
● Competitive remuneration, group health insurance & PF
● Other office perks of being part of an early-stage startup
Location: HSR Layout, Bangalore
Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
Working in lots of different domains and client environments also understanding the business domain deeply
Architect highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance
Suggest new architectural elements to improve the existing architecture
Design and implement low latency RESTful services; Define API contracts between services; Version APIs and make them backward compatible
Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design
Create platforms, reusable libraries and utilities wherever applicable
Continuously refactor applications to ensure high-quality design
Choose the right technology stack for the product systems/subsystems
Write high-quality code that are modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices
Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting
Plan projects using agile methodologies and ensure timely delivery
Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed architecture
Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment
Operationalize releases by partnering with Tech operations on capacity planning and operability of the product.
Proficient in JVM based language(like Java, Groovy), J2EE technology stack
Expertise in API design and development, experience in dealing with a large dataset
Strong in collections, algorithms, multithreading, also have worked on Springboot, Hibernate frameworks.
Practicing the coding standards (clean code, design patterns, etc)
Very strong object-oriented design skills, awareness of design patterns and architectural patterns
Performance tuning and Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks, etc.
Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures
Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum
Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
Experience in leading a team (min 5)and mentoring engineers
Attitude to getting Stuff Done!
Ability to make decisions independently.
Good to have:
Cloud Platform Architecture
- Good understanding of programming language
- Concepts of Java, Maven
- Source Control
- Logically Strong in coding practices
- Data structure Understanding.
- Security encryption and decryption
- Data encoding decoding
- Strong core Java development skills.
- Exposure to security tools.
- Experience in working with customers, understanding business requirements
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins/Maven
- Key requirements: Core Java, CI/CD, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, REST API, Kafka, Redis, cache, elastic cache
Work Location: Hyderabad
Experience:6 to 8 Years
Package:Upto 15 LPA
Notice Period:Immediate Joiners
Its a Full Time Opportunity with Our Client
Mandatory Skills:ASP.Net,VB.Net,.Net Core,C#,MVC,Restful API,MVC & SQL
--Analyse system requirements and prioritize tasks
--Write clean, testable code using .NET programming languages
--Develop technical specifications and architecture
--Test, Review, and debug various .NET applications
--Review and refactor code
--Deploy fully functional applications
--Upgrade existing programs
--Support junior developers’ work
--Document development and operational procedures
--Responsible for developing and maintaining the Development framework and associated
--Develop high-quality software design and architecture
--Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
--Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
--Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
--Perform validation and verification testing
--Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
--Experience as a .NET Developer
--Proficiency in building web-based applications
--In-depth knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (like C# and Visual Basic .NET – Here
we prefer Visual Basic .NET)
--Familiarity with agile environments
--Good communication skills
--Should be familiar with SQL query development, Data analysis, manipulation, optimization,
stored procedures, index optimization and other objects
--Professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle,
--source control management
--operations are a must
--Experience in implementing and consuming large-scale web services
--AWS Platform experience is definite plus
--Must have worked as a part of Agile Teams
--Should be proficient in.Net Framework (4.x.x, Core), MVC Framework, creating Fluent-RESTful
--Good to have knowledge in ORM (Entity Framework, NHibernate, etc…), Unit Testing
Frameworks (MS Test, xUnit, nUnit)
● Be responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementation.
● Good understanding of GoLang and microservices
● To take up development and deployment of native code to manage the customer facing platforms
● Explain complex technical issues to project managers, developers, application leads and architects in an easy to understand manner, and recommend clearly thought out solutions.
● Knowledge of Integration Design patterns for building middleware systems from the ground up
● Knowledge of Web Services Interoperability, standards and ability to suggest, criticize and formulate solutions in a multi-vendor and architecture discussions.
● Develop solutions by designing system specifications, standards and programming
● Troubleshoot issues and provide bug fixes.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 4+ years’ work experience in software development
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux)
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Working experience with Kubernetes
- Experienced working with distributed databases at scale
Good to haves
- Experience in developing software using AWS native services & technologies.
- Experience taking a lead role in building and operating scalable distributed systems
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
We're hiring a set of highly skilled, enthusiastic, and passionate people who thrive in a high-growth environment. We believe the best way to grow is to give everyone the opportunity to pursue their interests. At Lucidity, you have complete freedom to work on projects that interest you. Plus, with benefits like flexible hours, company offsites, unlimited leaves, we ensure you enjoy the journey as much as we do. We are also offering healthy founding team ESOP's.
- Mandatory skills: Spring boot, Hibernate, Microservice
- Strong Java skills including Java 8 features
- Good understanding of Microservices-based architecture and the related ecosystem
- Exposure to MS SQL Server, Sybase etc. and NoSQL databases like MongoDB is also preferred.
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Strong knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong Knowledge of Data Structures & Algorithms
- Experience in working with data-driven RESTful APIs using web frameworks like SpringBoot,etc.
- Should be able to do data modeling
- Good understanding of ORMs like Hibernate, JPA, etc.
- Strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with architectural/ design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of Agile methodology.
Skills required are Java, microservice,Spring boot, and knowledge of AWS.