Senior Back-end Developer
You will be responsible for working closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web
applications to meet UAS technology requirements.
• Develop, troubleshoot, and debug applications.
• Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
• Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
• Gather and address technical and design requirements.
• Provide training and support to internal teams.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Liaise with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features.
• Follow emerging technologies.
• Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent analytical and time management skills
• Have 5+ years solid expertise in building enterprise-level Node.js Applications with a strong
Nest.JS, Loopback, Sequelize, Socket.io.
• Write clean, testable, and reusable code using TDD, with hands-on experience working in both
Monolith and Microservices architecture.
• Experience working with Unit Testing frameworks: Mocka, Chai, Istanbul
• Solid expertise in database technologies and ORMs including Sequelize, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitFlow and SourceTree
• Experience setting up your own CI/CD pipelines
• Experience working with communication protocols like (Websockets, gRPC, XMPP)
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and
• Hands on experience with other programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Python with
sufficient knowledge in using 3rd party packages/plugins
• Familiarity working with popular cloud providers like Azure, AWS
• BSc degree in Computer or in relevant field
CTC Budget: 35-55LPA
Location: Hyderabad (Remote after 3 months WFO)
An 8-year-old IT Services and consulting company based in Hyderabad providing services in maximizing product value while delivering rapid incremental innovation, possessing extensive SaaS company M&A experience including 20+ closed transactions on both the buy and sell sides. They have over 100 employees and looking to grow the team.
- 6 plus years of experience as a Python developer.
- Experience in web development using Python and Django Framework.
- Experience in Data Analysis and Data Science using Pandas, Numpy and Scifi-Kit - (GTH)
- Experience in server-side templating languages including Jinja 2 and Mako
- Knowledge into Kafka and RabitMQ (GTH)
- Experience into Docker, Git and AWS
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
- DB (MySQL, Postgress, SQL)
Selection Process: 2-3 Interview rounds (Tech, VP, Client)
Enguru is India’s leading destination for online learning English, with over 4 crore learners who have used our products. enguru caters to multiple audiences, including adult and children learners looking to learn English through live group and/or personal classes.
About the role
You will get to lead backend development across the enguru product suite, including our spoken English app for adults and spoken English app for kids amongst others. You will work closely with other engineers and product managers to help optimise the architecture across our apps.
Desired Experiences & Skillsets
- Experience with Python/Django and worked with &
- End-to-end expertise in web application
- Strong understanding of structured & unstructured databases
- Proficient with JS Frameworks
- Dev-ops experience around handling deployments &
- Led and/or collaborated closely with team members
Proficiency with tools such as
- Rest APIs (and RESTful API principles)
If you are a technology enthusiast, we have the perfect job for you! We are looking for Node.Js Developers to join our agile team of professionals.
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
The Back-end Developer primarily participates in designing and implementing new services as well as participates in customer delivery. It will be possible to influence your work profile based on your interests.
While not mandatory, a generic understanding of user interfaces and being able to position oneself as an end-user is highly desirable. We appreciate also prior knowledge of the Image Processing domain.
We are looking for well-rounded people who care about their craft and understand software development. While we value a formal degree in computer science we do not require one - a candidate with a strong background, open mind and ability to learn would be an ideal addition to our team.
That being said, here is what we think the ideal team member would be:
- Develop and Integrate Django backend and API's with frontend framework.
- Working closely with UX and Front-end Developers
- Participating in architectural, design and product development
- Designing and creating RESTful APIs for internal and partner consumption
- Working in an agile environment with an excellent team of engineers.
- Experienced with the Django REST framework
- Good experience of Python coding skills
- Hands on experience on designing and structuring of database most likely ORM (i.e MongoDB)
- Knowledge of how to build and use with RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, etc.)
- Experience deploying Python applications into production.
- Working experience on Apache services.
- Knowledge of cloud services is a plus.
Qualification: Engineering from CSE/IT
Job ID: RP1001
Required Experience- 4+ years
Expected joining within two weeks
- Good communication skills in English (Written and Oral)
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in performance tuning
- Experience in interaction with the customer
- Technical skills Java, HTML, CSS, TypeScript, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Microservices
- Preferred Tools (SVN, GIT, Maven, Jenkins Jira Confluence)
- Ability to explore the application by himself/herself from the training provided
- New feature development or enhancement or change request activities (Requirement analysis, Requirement documentation, Design, Coding, Review, Testing and Release process)
- Defect Fixing (Defect analysis, route cause identification, Code change, testing, obtaining user confirmation and release process)
- Support tasks (Ticket analysis, data uploading, performance tuning, job monitoring, any analysis task, ReportGeneration and etc.,)
- Level 2 and Level 3 support (Support process adherence)
- Functional and technical or solution documentation preparation
- Execution will either be Waterfall or Agile
- The process needs to be followed as defined by RBEI or RBEI’s Customer
- Preparation & participation in the project status and review meeting
Job Locations: Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Dehradun, Mohali, Panchkula, or Gurugram (Currently Remote)
Server Side skills:
Should have handson experience on JS technologies more than 3+ years
Building interactive dasboards from multiple systems and RESTfully
abstract to the UI through a Node.js backend
In depth knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJS and Restify
Knowledge of authentication using PassportJS, AuthO or JWT.
Knowledge of media content uploading using any cloud
Should have good understanding of request validation, schema
validation and Error handling
Good understanding of Promises, Async/Await and Callbacks
Should have knowledge of Socket, Pubsub.
Payment gateways integration using Braintree, Stripe or any other
would be a good skills to have.
Should have good understanding of scheduled tasks in NodeJS and
In depth knowledge of ORM like Mongoose, Sequalize or KnexJS.
•Development experience with nodejs libraries like express, MySql, mongoose etc,
•Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming
•Hands on experience with MySql, MongoDB [RDBMS, No SQL DB]
•Able to write complex MySql queries, Stored procedure
•Familiarity with API optimization techniques
•Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
•Must have knowledge of GIT, POSTMAN
•Good to have knowledge of KAFKA, REDIS
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will work closely with the Tech Lead, and the rest of the engineering team to build and scale a data-driven platform. This role will act as a great springboard to accelerate career growth & transition into a Tech Lead level role.
- Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, building new services and APIs, developing UI components, supporting the maintenance of current APIs, reviewing work, and improving the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
- An effective Senior Software Engineer will be a self-motivated learner; a highly creative engineer having obsessive attention towards detail and thoroughness.
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years
- You’re proficient in NodeJS, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- You possess strong OOP and design pattern knowledge
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: Code Reviews, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, etc
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and experienced with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- You’ve the ability to build RESTful APIs
- Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support team, and fellow engineers is not a problem for you
- Well versed with the fundamentals of computer science and distributed systems
- FrontEnd experience; have built applications in either: React, Vue, Angular, or Svelte
- Startup experience, preferably a tech startup
- Open Source contributor
- You have experience with other programming languages -- e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, C, etc.
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Feel good factor / impact driven work- Be part of the journey that is creating an impact in people’s lives after retirement. The work we do has a direct impact on the size of someone’s retirement pot
- Ownership driven work- you own problems within the organisation and not an implementer of someone else’s idea. You have the ability to design solutions and work with multiple stakeholders to implement them
- Job stability- ClearGlass is very well funded by top tier VCs and can provide job stability in the COVID world
- Stock Options- we would love every employee of ClearGlass to have stock options
- Top-of-the-line gear- to help you be super-productive while working. No one likes a slow laptop
- Flexible work environment- we are working from home currently but will slowly move to a hybrid set-up; we offer support (incl. financial) to set-up your home office
You will be expected to design, develop and maintain large-scale complex backend web
You will be expected to rapidly learn and apply relevant new technologies.
You will be having a high level of interaction with business and product stakeholders.
You will be working on the entire web application stack, which includes:
o Web server hosting
o RESTful communication
o Message brokering
o Backend application layer, which includes the service and domain layers
o Data layer for persistence or caching
You will be participating in an agile software development cycle, which includes:
o Code Review
o Unit and Integration Testing
As a senior developer, you will be expected to contribute to design, code review, refactoring, and
You will be exposed to the following technologies:
o Web application frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, Vert.x, AIOHTTP, AWS
o Data stores: PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, Amazon Redshift
o Communication: HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
o Server Management: Amazon ECS, Docker
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
Product sectors include:
o Growth: You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry
best driver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead
o Lifecycle Management: Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which
includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools,
partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among
o Transaction Experience: You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our
customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking
system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud
prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
o Fulfilment: As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree
of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system,
dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
o Enterprise Solutions: You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence.
You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation
tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.