– We are looking for a kick ass software engineer with exceptional skills in data structures, algorithms, core java, and distributed systems. If you think you have it in you to deliver on aggressive timelines, have the hunger for growth, don’t like giving excuses, contribute to product features, be hands-on and deliver a world-class product, then we want to hear from you.
This is a predominantly back-end engineering role.
– You are a rockstar engineer with proven capabilities working on SaaS product and a passion for writing exception code.
– You are hungry for an opportunity to join a start-up and become a member of core platform team driving the company forward.
– You will be responsible for the delivery of product features as a part of the platform engineering team.
– You will be hands-on working on key features of the product.
– You will be responsible for design of back-end architectural changes and product features.
– You will have plenty of opportunity to learn and implement ideas to build products in efficient and cohesive manner.
– Understand the product mission, goals, and tasks and execute with the team to achieve them.
– Understand the design and architecture and build modules in accordance with it or recommend and make the necessary changes that adds more stability to our product.
– 4+ years of experience with hands-on experience in Core Java/Kotlin
– 2+ years of experience as a technical architect with responsibility for core features
– 4+ years of working experience in cloud-based systems
– 2+ years of experience working on distributed systems
– 2+ years of experience working on Kafka and Zookeeper
– Experience working on RxJava/ Reactive Programming
– Adept on design patterns and distributed systems
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Proficient in building REST APIs to interact with relational and non-relational data sources
– Proficient in SQL and RDBMS
– Hands on experience in code and system optimization
– Experience in working with NoSQL databases is a plus
About Goscale Technologies
• Develop and deploy services to improve the availability, ease of use/management, and visibility
of 6sense systems
• Architecting, building, and scaling out our services and infrastructure
• Learning and adopting technologies that may aide in solving our challenges
• Own our systems like our Hadoop and Presto clusters, front/back-end services, build
configurations, infrastructure components, deployment of services into our infrastructure, and
everything in between
• Write/review/debug production code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug
live production problems
• Contributing back to open-source projects if we need to add or patch functionality
• Support the overall Software Engineering team to resolve any issues they encounter
• Lead and mentor both junior and senior engineers.
• Driving and owning end-to-end delivery of projects. Provide review and guidance on project
• Navigate vague problems and ambiguity with occasional guidance.
• 8+ years in a Software Engineering role or equivalent experience
• Experience with Linux/Unix system administration and networking fundamentals
• Strong skills in reading code as well as writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
• Good knowledge of Python and Java
• Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable services and/or service-oriented
• Experience with high-availability
• Experience with modern configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and
• Exposure to modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck, or Pants
• As a Python full-stack developer, your role would involve design development and deploy full-stack applications out of Artificial intelligence projects with a focus on low latency and scalability.
• You also need to optimize the application for better performance and a large number of concurrent users.
• A strong technologist we care about doing things the right way rather than just doing them and thrives in a complex and challenging environment.
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 3+ years of professional experience.
• Solid understanding of design patterns, data structures, and advanced programming techniques
• As an Engineer in our team, you will design, code, test, and debug quality software programs.
• Strong software design and architectural skills in object-oriented and functional programming styles.
• Python, Celery, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Multithreading, Async, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes.
• Experience in working with Machine Learning Pipelines
• Experience in Reactjs.
• Experience in Celery, RabbitMQ/Kafka.
• Experience in Unit Testing Tools.
• Experience in working with SQL & NonSql databases such as MySQL, Mongo DB.
• Exposure to cloud technologies.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced and hyper-growth environment where the requirements are constantly changing.
• Nice to have: Experience developing products containing machine learning use cases.
• Familiar with agile techniques like code reviews, pair programming, collective code ownership, clean code, TDD and refactoring.
A 'Software Engineer II' is a young member of our software development teams. As an engineer you will develop highly scalable services which enable online bookings, payment transactions and personalized messaging to millions of customers who book their travel with Yatra.com. This career establishing role exposes you to complex programming skills, design patterns and DevOps practices. Therefore, the role requires you to demonstrate ability to quickly learn a programming language and framework that you can use to build an A class service. Alongwith, the role also requires very good analytical skills, ability to debug problems in an existing piece of code and work with other team members in a collaborative environment. This stage of career exposes you to independent contributor role where you are expected to work on specific problems in an independent manner with minimal assistance.
● Design and development of highly robust and scalable applications in a large-scale distributed systems environment
● Translating business requirements into system design
● Ownership of key software modules, which would involve product enhancements and maintenance of existing functionality.
● Effective debugging of issues and associated fixing in a time-critical atmosphere
● Interact with peers across product domains for cross-platform development
Please note: Following traits/skills are required for performing this role. We are looking for the best combination of skills and experience in an individual. Therefore, not all skills are expected from a single individual. You can apply if you have similar skills even if not exactly the same.
● Spring Boot/
● Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
● Functional Programming/
● Design Patterns/
● Event Driven Systems
Other Essential Skills
● Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving abilities
● Possess a sound understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and services-oriented architecture
● Passion for writing high-quality code in an object-oriented language
1 to 3 Years
People Management Skills
● Be a young, energetic member of the team
● Ability to work with minimal assistance
● Ability to seek feedback, opinions and ideas to self orient with minimal assistance and also help others to orient as well. Must believe in proactive learning and collaborative working style.
● Ability to bring energy, excitement and positive vibes to the team. Ability to self motivate and inspire others.
● Ability to learn and share knowledge with others - lead by example.
● Excellent Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening skills in English and any one regional Indian language
● Excellent ability articulate a point of view and effectively communicate to team members
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
● Diploma or PG Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
● Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications
Relevant Work Experience
● Software Consulting/Professional Services/Product Development
● Travel Industry (Online Travel Agency - OTAs)
1. Exploratory Discussion
3. Round 1 (Core Skills, Assignment Evaluation)
4. Round 2 (Soft Skills, Leadership, People Management)
5. Round 3 (Behavioral, Special Situations, General)
6. HR evaluation, compensation discussion
7. Offer for employment, Q&A
8. Acceptance and joining logistics
About the Job
Titaniam’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that protect big data. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing as well as large-scale system design. As a software engineer, you will work on projects critical to the company needs with opportunities to switch projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Work closely with software engineers, product managers, and sales teams to bring innovative solutions to market.
- Communicate and negotiate across teams to get buy-in and alignment towards a shared vision.
- Apply technical judgement and identify return-on-investment opportunities.
- Learn new technologies and apply them appropriately for bringing value to customers.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Experience in architecting and developing distributed systems design.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- Proven record of test driven development.
- Experience with Java, Spring Framework or similar technologies.
- Experience in driving technical projects and providing leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with other engineering teams internally and externally, and across geographies.
- Experience building web applications for 5+ years.
2. Responsible for doing customer API integrations and other integrations required to onboard new e-commerce marketplaces, logistic providers, ERP and accounting systems. 3. Responsible to write code for API integrations, perform debugging tasks, do application tests, do configuration and code reviews to ensure the product is satisfactory.
The candidate would provide the firms SASS platform with ongoing technical support. This support includes responding to customer issues, providing updated software that solves bug issues, and working with the customer service team.
Software Development Engineer – SDE 2.
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge. You build software to deliver business impact, making smart technology choices. You work in a team and drive things forward.
You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++ or C#
You recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
You have experience building scalable software systems that are high-performance, highly-available, highly transactional, low latency and massively distributed.
Roles & Responsibilities
You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
You develop pragmatic solutions and build flexible systems that balance engineering complexity and timely delivery, creating business impact.
You understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and apply them to deliver high-performing applications.
You recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems.
You understand how operating systems work, perform and scale.
You continually align your work with Amazon’s business objectives and seek to deliver business value.
You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer.
You proactively support knowledge-sharing and build good working relationships within the team and with others in Amazon.
You communicate clearly with your team and with other groups and listen effectively.
Skills & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant technical field.
Experience in software development and full product life-cycle.
Excellent programming skills in any object-oriented programming languages - preferably Java, C/C++/C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
Proficiency in SQL and data modeling.
Locus is a global decision- making platform in the supply chain that uses deep learning and proprietary algorithms to provide route optimization, real-time tracking, insights and analytics, beat optimization, efficient warehouse management, vehicle allocation and utilization, intuitive 3D packing and measurement of packages. Locus automates human decisions required to transport a package or a person, between any two points on earth, delivering gains along efficiency, consistency, and transparency in operations.
Locus, which has achieved a peak of 1 million orders processed in a day (200,000 orders an hour) and is trained & tested on over 100 million+ order deliveries, works in 75 cities across the globe. Locus works with several large-scale market leaders like Urban Ladder, Tata Group of Companies, Droplet, Licious, Rollick, Lenskart, other global FMCG, pharma, e-commerce, 3PL and logistics conglomerates.
Locus is backed by some of the biggest names in the market and recently raised $22 MN in Series B funding and also $4 Mn in a pre-Series B round. Earlier, In 2016, Locus raised $2.75 Mn (INR 18.3 Cr) in a Series A funding.
Locus was started by Nishith Rastogi and Geet Garg, two ex-Amazon engineers on a mission to democratize logistics intelligence for businesses across industries. Nishith was profiled by Forbes Asia in their ’30 Under 30’ 2018 list. Geet, on the other hand, holds a dual degree (BTech and MTech) in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology. Our team constitutes of engineers from Indian Institute of Technology and Birla Institute of Technology & Science- Pilani, and Data Scientists with PhDs from Carnegie Mellon University and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Our multifaced product and business team is led by senior members from Barclays, Google & Goldman Sachs with immense operational execution experience.
- Design & implement backend APIs at Locus.sh
- Mentor junior developers technically.
- Actively work to reduce tech debt in the Locus backend
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Tech stack - Java, AWS, Aurora etc.
- 4-8 years of product company experience
- OOP implementation experience. Programming language does not matter, We use Java internally but have hired folks from non Java background.
- Hands on experience in SQL, Dynamo DB, Postgres etc preferred.
- Prior experience building REST APIs
- Advanced understanding of AWS stack
- Prior knowledge of solving problems at scale.
- Healthy catered meals at office
- You decide your own Work From Home (WFH) and Out Of Office (OOO)
- Pet-friendly - bring your pets to the office any day. Locus family already has a Rottweiler and a Beagle
Mentoring should come naturally to you, as well as finding the right balance towards process and documentation.
1) You will be working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment. The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, server less architectures and complex problem solving skills.
2) You will help set a very high bar on code quality.
3) You will take ownership of product features from conception to implementation, testing deployment and support.
4) A lot of freedom on when and where you work from - just get stuff done.
5) You will open source as much as possible, and blog about cool things that you learnt and built.
6) You will help define who we become as a company.
7) You will get stock options in line with silicon valley standards.
1) We have a strict no-divas rule. There are a lot of smart engineers on the team but no one with an attitude / superiority complex.
2) If you think writing tests for your code, writing docs, doing customer support etc are not your cup of tea, this isn't the right role for you.
3) Similarly if you're viewing this just as a 20-40% increment opportunity over your current compensation, this isn't the right role or company for you.
This role can be the growth opportunity of a lifetime for anyone who has been operating as a backend lead and wants to grow into a full stack
Check out the links below if you'd like to learn more about us. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
1) Why ShoppinPal? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE7DgtwA0ws
2) Our hiring philosophy and process http://techstory.in/building-startup-team/
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code.
- Design and architect technical solutions for the business problems.
- Work in cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
- Experience level 2-6 years in very large scale applications.
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amount of data.
- Excellent coding skills in Java / Python / Node / Go.
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies.
- Very good understanding of any RDBMS and/or messaging.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology